Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys, never new this thread existed until now so will try to get involved!

Anyone seen Christian Atsu in action for Porto, apparently favourites to land him for approx 7 million?

Also, as posted above very happy with the business been done early in the window and hopefully suarez staying or going will be sorted out soon. Imagine if it drags until deadline day and we get 40 million from Real Madrid just to pay Newcastle 30 mil for Nile Ranger or Norwich 25 million for Grant Holt. The stuff of my nightmares!!!:D

Would anyone rather Downing stayed rather than been sold off? I can't really think who will pay his wages now that QPR are gone down.

I wouldn't accept anything less than 40+ million for Suarez, less than that and I just don't see the point. Isn't he still under contract for 3+ years? Despite all the craziness that comes with him, he is a unique talent that would be almost impossible for us to replace. If we want to be successful then we need players of his quality.

In saying that if the guy wants to leave then good luck to him. I knew come the summer there would be endless speculation surrounding Suarez, and until I read something official I am not even sure he's going anywhere.

who is our resident academy/reserves expert? rather than blather on about possible transfers and fees, I think it would actually be interesting to talk about which kids might be ready to take the next big step and in how long.

I'm far from that, but I'd like to see Kelly/Wisdom get a move into that 3rd/4th choice centre-back role, which is why I'm not sure why we purchased Toure. Coady/Ibe etc should be looking to make a step up into the senior squad next season and the first team the year after that if they continue to progress. I'd say going forward a couple of years we need to start thinking about right back though as Johnson ages. Whilst Wisdom has looked great there, he's far more of a centre back.

If Suarez is on his way, money must be split between a Downing replacement and a striker (although Aspas could be one of those - I've not seen him play).

There should be no make weights in the deal IMO (except Alonso)

He is clearly angling for a move BTW. Feels a bit like the Torres situation, that when a big club came sniffing his head was turned. I say shift him, his stock will never be higher, and his next crazy antics could only be a match away.

I struggle to understand why any club would spend that money on him right now, as good a player as he can be, he is an absolute liability to have at your club, and in your team. £40M for a guy who is likely to get another heavy ban in the future, no thanks.

He is clearly angling for a move BTW. Feels a bit like the Torres situation, that when a big club came sniffing his head was turned. I say shift him, his stock will never be higher, and his next crazy antics could only be a match away.

His antics are crazy but he bit a player from PSV in Holland, served his ban and got his move to us. Mission accomplished. Now it looks to be heading the same way after he bit Chelsea's Ivanovic.

There are ways of getting a transfer, to get a transfer done this way, twice, beggars belief.

Anything less than £30m is an insult, we paid £23m for the lunatic.

''My reason for leaving is not money. It is my family & my image. I don't feel comfortable here anymore.''

Playing the victim card. Hope it's sorted out soon so we can start looking for replacements.

His image is solely down to himself.

I think the reaction to his diving was OTT, but the two big issues were solely on him, especially the biting incident. I really dont know what he expected in truth.

And if he thinks he will be comfortable anywhere else if he keeps doing stupid things, he really isn't thinking straight.

Although I dont personally buy it. If you were in the CL, I'd bet he would be sticking around. he wants CL football, and now is as good a time to go as any.

I think the reaction to his diving was OTT, but the two big issues were solely on him, especially the biting incident. I really dont know what he expected in truth.

And if he thinks he will be comfortable anywhere else if he keeps doing stupid things, he really isn't thinking straight.

Although I dont personally buy it. If you were in the CL, I'd bet he would be sticking around. he wants CL football, and now is as good a time to go as any.

The whole diving thing is annoying. Mainly because he is victimised all the time for doing it but no song and dance is ever made about anyone else doing it, but the two things which he has done are solely on him, and yet we have stood by him on it.

BTW his "image" thing is just a convenient excuse.

Let's shift him ASAP. If he is going to RM, they will obviously do their usual thing, of dragging the arse out of a transfer to force the price down.

Main thing I care about is not selling to an English club. We'd only be distancing ourselves from our rivals in the wrong direction.

Luis i'm dissapointed in. His attitude of blaming the press is wrong. He gave the press oppurtunities to paint his image badly by biting Ivanovic! and all the other incidents he's had. Have the press gone OTT? Probably, that's what they do. But if he doesnt give them an oppurtunity too, none of it happens. Feel dissapointed in him leaving like this after all we stuck by him.

but hey, it is what it is. Lets make maximum money from it. The only other issue I have is him publicly saying he wants to leave as that could devalue him a bit.

The whole diving thing is annoying. Mainly because he is victimised all the time for doing it but no song and dance is ever made about anyone else doing it, but the two things which he has done are solely on him, and yet we have stood by him on it.

This is a joke, isn't it?

Real is a pressure cooker that took even the coolest of customers in Jose and spat him out. Suarez will have a melt down there.

I'm starting to not care what Suarez does. If he stays then great, if he leaves then good bye but for him to blame the media (I know they're a pain in the arse) is an absolute joke considering he brings it on himself.

Besides, it'd be £40 Million and a hefty sum off of the wage bill.

Also, I like the Coutinho / Sturridge partnership.

and who's to say £20m is enough? Which it isn't by the way.

Hardly a given that Benteke would want to go to Liverpool either, I would imagine he probably wants to play in the Champions League, far better of going to A.Madrid.

I presumed you missed the bit about Bale saying he was being unfairly singled out and would leave the league if the press kept up about him diving?

Suarez has dived and even admitted to doing it which I don't think anyone else has done so he probably brought that one on himself as well.

He clearly wants to leave to play European Football and earn more money but this media thing is an easier excuse to leave so he doesn't look like the bad guy. He's driven his price down though, first with the antics and secondly with the wanting out.

Hardly a given that Benteke would want to go to Liverpool either, I would imagine he probably wants to play in the Champions League, far better of going to A.Madrid.

I presumed you missed the bit about Bale saying he was being unfairly singled out and would leave the league if the press kept up about him diving?

Suarez has dived and even admitted to doing it which I don't think anyone else has done so he probably brought that one on himself as well.

He clearly wants to leave to play European Football and earn more money but this media thing is an easier excuse to leave so he doesn't look like the bad guy. He's driven his price down though, first with the antics and secondly with the wanting out.

Bale thinks he is being unfairly singled out? bale can **** off.

and who's to say £20m is enough? Which it isn't by the way.

May not be to you, but could easily be enough to the club, who are having to tighten the strings considerably still after MoN. Don't want him regardless though, we should have learned our lesson from players who impress on the basis of a single season.

Archived