Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I'm not happy with the signing, but moaning about it ain't going to change much. Not that it makes much difference to him, but now that he's signed I'll give him my full backing.

'til he screws up. ;)

I agree, he seems like a decent replacement for Carragher and i'd imagine he's on a LOT less money. Smart business for once it seems.

I honestly can't see Toure taking that much of a huge pay cut. Was on what 100k+ at City? Can Imagine him being on around at least £70k+ at Liverpool which would be around the same wages that Carragher was earning.

Would love for us to make 3 more signings.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Christian Eriksen and Leandro Damiao would be my buys.

Would really hate to see the later two move to another PL club. Seen reports that Spurs are fighting with us and other clubs for all three.

Would love for us to make 3 more signings.

Kyriakos Papadopoulos, Christian Eriksen and Leandro Damiao would be my buys.

Would really hate to see the later two move to another PL club. Seen reports that Spurs are fighting with us and other clubs for all three.

Play Damiao instead of Sturridge then?

Wherever Damiao goes he'll want first team football.

The Valencia branch of Cadena SER report that Celta Vigo forward Iago Aspas will sign for Liverpool for £7.7m on a wage of £26,000 per week.

and Ballague is tweeting all about it as if he has an exclusive, such a con man :D

Can Aspas play in wide attacking areas? Thats the only way I can see him getting into the side to be honest as the number 9 and 10 roles are locked down.

He is versatile and can play wide, off the front-man or up front on his own.

If the plan is to play one up top and one forward coming in from out wide, Sturridge, Suarez, Borini, Aspas seems like an okay group. Would be nice to make a marquee signing of some kind though, be that upfront or in midfield. Centre mid maybe the better place for it.

He is versatile and can play wide, off the front-man or up front on his own.

Nice one, sounds like someone who can float around during a match, much like Suarez and Coutinho. Might be a nightmare for defenders to pick up all 3 of them if they are on the pitch at the same time.

Also sounds like its a done deal too:

Liverpool Echo ‏@LivEchoLFC 50s

#LFC breaking news - club confirm to @JamesPearceEcho Iago Aspas deal agreed for nine million Euros. Story to come

If the plan is to play one up top and one forward coming in from out wide, Sturridge, Suarez, Borini, Aspas seems like an okay group. Would be nice to make a marquee signing of some kind though, be that upfront or in midfield. Centre mid maybe the better place for it.

Think it is needed in midfield more than anywhere to be honest. Even Papapapapapapapapapadopolous would be a brilliant signing of that magnitude, at least to people who play FM :D.

Nice one, sounds like someone who can float around during a match, much like Suarez and Coutinho. Might be a nightmare for defenders to pick up all 3 of them if they are on the pitch at the same time.

I couldn't be arsed, put it that way :D.

Pepe on joining Barca. On Sky Sports:

The 30-year-old is believed to have been a long-term target for the Catalan side and with Victor Valdes reportedly set to join Monaco this summer, Barcelona may step up their interest in Reina.

Reina says it would be hard to call time on his eight years at Liverpool but admits a move to Barcelona would be too good to turn down.

"I have no evidence about Barcelona's interest in me," said Reina. "I don't know if the club has spoken with my agent. If he doesn't say something it is because there isn't any serious offer on the table.

"I have a contract with Liverpool and I'm very happy in England. At present, I just have an option: stay at Liverpool. Everything else is just talk. There has been no direct contact.

"Barcelona is a great club and it is difficult to say no to a club like Barcelona. But we are talking about assumptions and I should not do it.

"It would be difficult leave Liverpool. If I do it, it is to improve and grow as player."

couldnt agree a fee apparantly

Wasn't the fee, that was agreed (same as Liverpool). He got a bit silly during the Celta Vigo - Depor game (unprovoked headbutt on a Depor player, Aspas is a die hard Celta fan, if he hadnt been a footballer, he'd have been an ultra, he's that die hard. The intensity of the occasion got to him and he jus lost it a little). New Valencia president was less than keen on him when he arrived because of that, and deal just seemed to stutter. Valencia's loss is certainly your gain though.

from the little bit I've seen of aspas on film and live, his game reminds me a bit of borini. floats around a bit but his best gift is being at the right place at the right time .

Not the worst quality to have to be fair.

Haha, his best gift is to a be a bit like one of the worst strikers we've ever had.

What a player he's going to be.

Yeah because Borini is on the same level as Sean Dundee, Eric Meijer, Andriy Voronin and not forgetting, El Hadji Diouf :thup:.

Archived