Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Nope, you're very wrong. I highly doubt the club would accept less than £25m for Benteke, especially in the current market where players like Downing are being bought for £20m, we don't need to sell him.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the club:

Luis Suarez is not for sale - neither Luis or his representatives have communicated these feelings directly to LFC.

e: Highly amusing if he doesn't leave (although I'm expecting him to, not bothered either way) and that clown's shirt is down the tube. :D

May not be to you, but would easily be enough to the club, who are having to tighten the strings considerably still after MoN. Don't want him regardless though, we should have learned our lesson from players who impress on the basis of a single season.

Most of that is utter rubbish.

BLmH9s2CYAE38YH.jpg

Bit OTT i thought....

The person who did that was obviously hoping to get attention. Suarez has not spoken to Liverpool and Liverpool have said he is not for sale in fact didn't Suarez sign a new contract a few months ago? I dont blame Suarez wanting to leave but the guy was banned for 7 games when he joined Liverpool and banned around another 20 games in 2 and a half seasons yet the club has stuck by him so the least he can do is show a bit of respect and class and talk to the club behind closed doors rather than talk to the media every day.

Most of that is utter rubbish.

What, the sizable losses your club posted, or the part about him not being wanted here on the basis of a single season? Both of those hardly rubbish, but then if you're in charge of transfer business...

I'd agree with the word "easily" being rubbish, but then I never said that. I think people have a habit of horribly overestimating the prices their clubs are willing to sell for though, ours included, especially if the player makes it known he's happy to leave.

What, the sizable losses your club posted, or the part about him not being wanted here on the basis of a single season? Both of those hardly rubbish, but then if you're in charge of transfer business...

First of all it was you acting like your involved in our transfer business talking about what we would and wouldn't accept, so please before you throw rubbish like that around read your own post. I dont care about the benteke debate because i know he wont be joining liverpool anyway but i just had to point out the utter guff you post about a club you know very little about quite clearly.

First of all it was you acting like your involved in our transfer business talking about what we would and wouldn't accept, so please before you throw rubbish like that around read your own post. I dont care about the benteke debate because i know he wont be joining liverpool anyway but i just had to point out the utter guff you post about a club you know very little about quite clearly.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were in the know when it came to where Benteke might go. God that's a cringeworthy post.

I'd agree with the word "easily" being rubbish, but then I never said that. I think people have a habit of horribly overestimating the prices their clubs are willing to sell for though, ours included, especially if the player makes it known he's happy to leave.

Oh you never said it?

May not be to you, but would easily be enough to the club, who are having to tighten the strings considerably still after MoN. Don't want him regardless though, we should have learned our lesson from players who impress on the basis of a single season.

Sorry, I didn't realise you were in the know when it came to where Benteke might go. God that's a cringeworthy post.

He wouldn't join Liverpool when there are teams like Dortmund, At. Madrid, Spurs and Arsenal all reportedly interested. Do you actually think he would join you over any of them 4?

He wouldn't join Liverpool when there are teams like Dortmund, At. Madrid, Spurs and Arsenal all reportedly interested. Do you actually think he would join you over any of them 4?

If there's one thing I've noticed about football it's that 9/10ths of "reportedly interested" lead to absolutely nothing concrete being tabled. But it's a fairly absurd hypothetical route to be going down don't you think?

Anyone thinking Dortmund would be paying that amount really don't have a clue about Dortmund btw.

I didn't say i know where he might go i said i know where he wont go based on what he's said to the press about if a top club came in for him it would be hard to turn down, skillfully dodged the other points though, well done :thup:

They spent £15m on Reus didn't they? They've just sold Gotze for over £30m and with Lewandowski possibly on his way out as well there is no reason why they wouldn't spend that much on a player to replace him.

They spent £15m on Reus didn't they? They've just sold Gotze for over £30m and with Lewandowski possibly on his way out as well there is no reason why they wouldn't spend that much on a player to replace him.

Jurgen Klopp has only ever paid more than £5m for a player twice, and he's never paid £20m for any player. Reus is the only player he's signed for more than £10m, and Klopp's never signed a player from England.

Now, how much do you believe press reports knowing that?

With all those goals Downing, Spearing, Allen, Sterling and Borini would get?

Last time Borini played in the championship he scored 6 in 9...

That team would easily win the league ffs. There's a big difference between being good enough for chasing the champions league and being good enough for the championship.

Palace just got promoted with some jobber called Wilbraham playing upfront

I went to High School with him and played in the team occasionally (he was the year above me). He was an absolute **** back then.

Archived