Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

Should have been scoring with that chance. Said it at the time in the match thread, if that had fell to VP at the other end, its in the back of the net. Thats our weakness atm, not taking that one chance which can help the team to get some sort of result. We miss too many chances.
Van Persie skied a similar chance over the bar in the first half. He misses his fair share of chances too.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Norway international and he is on trial???

Doesn't fill me with confidence at all this possible signing.

" KopTalk understands that Reds boss Brendan Rodgers is willing to allow Sebastian Coates to leave, possibly on loan for the rest of the season, as Jamie Carragher is still preferred ahead of him. " Good grief.

Pretty sure Coates would like a different CB partner other than Carragher. As good as Jamie has been over the years, he is just a liability these days.

Sterling's been pretty out of it for loads of games now.

Just keep running into defenders, not going past anyone.

And how bad is Borini's first touch?

Maybe needs to be taken out of the limelight completely for a game but I still feel he is one of your most important players (Sterling). He had a good game in your previous game or 2 against Sunderland but maybe United was a bit too much for him, especially as he was all over the pitch.

According to Tony Barrett at the moment he's training with us, we haven't made a bid or anything its basically a trial. But another club are in talks with Molde to buy him and Everton are also interested.

That would be Southampton according to the Norwegian press.

From -10 points in League One in 2009/10, to competing with Liverpool for players in 2012/13, quite a journey!

A league 2 club could compete with us, neither of you will win though.

Even if Liverpool do sign him, it is still a remarkable turnaround that Saints are looking at similar players to Liverpool. Liverpool were also linked with Gaston Ramirez and Saints signed him much to Mark Lawrenson's amazement. Liverpool and Saints also both linked with Davide Astori. So that is three players this season at least.

What Saints can offer Forren is he'd be a 1st choice centre back, rather than behind Škrtel and Agger in the pecking order if he moved to Liverpool. I doubt Saints would insult a 24 year old international under contract at a club with an offer of a "trial" either.

you sure Everton aren't the other club, there are photos of Moyes at a Molde game and apparently was Forren he was there to see

Moyes and Everton scouts have seen him many times yes.

Forren is very much a CB in the Agger mould,left footed and likes to bring the ball out from the back.Not going to hype him,just say he's had a very good season,rumoured to cost around £4m.

Don't see the need with you unless Agger is sold really,and if Agger is sold you probably want a proven replacement. :)

I don't understand the logic behind a trial if they're already an international player. Unless it's a clever tactic from Liverpool/Rodgers to get him into the club to see the facilities and discuss wages etc whilst 'on trial' without having to have a bid accepted so they can steel a march on other clubs maybe?

it's a clever tactic from Liverpool/Rodgers to get him into the club to see the facilities and discuss wages etc whilst 'on trial' without having to have a bid accepted so they can steel a march on other clubs

This sounds like a good idea to me. Better to see a player in training first hand rather than just rely on scouts.

Got to express my disgust at the Forren situation. What is Rodgers playing at thinking its fine to give an established player the offer of a trial midway through a season? :D Does he have no scouts? Whole thing is absurd.

You get that the Norwegian season ended 2 months ago and this is his only way to see him right?

well i dont think it really matters when it is for the club taking someone on trial, only for the one sending him out, and who knows how often he was watched before.

but anyway, can't say I'm surprised he's off to Southampton, the message we've sent out with Coates is gonna put any young CB off from coming here

How is it going to put off any young CB coming here?

With the way we have been bringing through younger players, our club is the most likely destination for many young players who are prepared to give it their best at all times to maintain a regular spot on the team.

Also, Coates wasn't a Rodgers signing. He has played under Rodgers now and maybe Rodgers just doesn't fancy him. Can't blame him for that.

Because there's little to no chance of getting a start ahead of Agger and Skrtel and you have to vie with a 34 yr old Carra for sub and cup appearances. Coates might not have been a Rodgers signing, but he's looked good enough when he's played to get more time. As a young CB I don't know why you'd go with a 'maybe I'll get more chances than Coates' when you are gonna be first choice at another Prem Club. We aren't the only club it applies to, I mean I wouldn't even want to go to stoke and try and get in ahead of Shawcross and Huth.

We've been bringing through youngsters in other positions mainly because we've not had alternatives. Who would have played if Sterling didn't? Or Wisdom? Suso and Shelvey are the only two that there has been genuine competition for their place for, and it's quite different dropping a youngster in at AMC than it is at CB. You are basically hoping for an Agger injury or to be good enough already to be competing with Skrtel

@gstobart: Liverpool the only PL club to show genuine interest in Sneijder. Doesn't want to go to Galatasaray, question is whether LFC will pay the £.

Pinch of salt, surprised many are so against it happening.

Didn't Rodgers get asked about this at the weekend and said we are not interested?

Archived