Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit harsh calling Ngog a flop considering he cost 1.5mill and we sold him for 3.5mill. He was a gamble and improved whilst he was here, but did people expect him to turn out to be a world superstar? If he cost 15mill then yes he would be considered a flop, but he cost very little and did an admirable job covering for Torres at a time when we had nobody else. He played 94 games (many as a sub) and scored 19 goals - hardly a flop.

on henderson, you could see when he came in that his youth training purely consisted of the same training routine for years, which he clearly became very good at because he made it as a pro.

when he came to us that was all he had, one touch lay offs for 90 minutes. i think credit has to go to rodgers for identifying he wasnt good enough, took all the pressure off him and started to train him to actually play football before he started getting a chance to play.

i think the lad has the capacity to learn whatever he's taught so given the right training theres no reason he cant get better and better over time.

wouldnt say completely destroy but i have been saying 0-3 all week.

if they counter attack us they have a good chance of destroying us as this is whats made us look totally inept in defence in our recent defeats. some of our defending was outstandingly bad when our defence had no help.

Although it's pretty irrelevant, if the season started on the 28th September, Norwich at home, ie not inc the fixtures West Brom (A), Man City (A), Arsenal (H), Sunderland (A), Man United(H), then we would be sitting 4th in the table right now.

We aren't as bad as you think. It's our start to the season that killed us off, really.

will be so difficult to get anything from today, would be over the moon with a point. we've given all the top sides a good game so i don't expect a complete mauling for us like some are tbh.

good results for us yesterday so even if we do lose it'll take abit of the sting off.

Dropped 10 points out of 42 so far from teams below the top 6 which isn't bad. I dont think our first 11 is bad but its the replacements should we get injuries that are bad although downing has started to play well as has Henderson though Shelvey has gone off the boil lately.

I can't see us getting anything today but results went our way so its not too much of a loss we just have to keep picking points from the games we expect to win and build on in the summer.

Only got Man City and Arsenal to play away from home out of all the top 10 teams after today. I think we should aim for 6th anything else is a bonus, said that since start of the season. Key players signing contract extensions, youngsters getting first team experience, consistency against bottom half sides in the league and improvement in the league positioning means seasons hasn't been that bad.

Only games we played awful and deserved to lose are West Brom, West Ham (lucky win) Stoke, Arsenal, Chelsea (lucky draw). I think we should have been 3 or 4 up against Villa before going on to lose the game. Spurs we were sloppy first half better second half while we were unlucky against United at Anfield.

5 points taken out of a possible 30 from sides in the top 10.

Reina, Wisdom, Johnson, Agger, Skrtel, Lucas, Gerrard, Allen, Downing, Sterling, Suarez.

No 5 at the back shenanigans.

Jones, Carragher, Henderson, Sturridge, Borini, Shelvey, Robinson.

2 strikers on the bench what trickery is this?

Archived