Liverpool Thread 2012/13

bell

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not bothered, at least he's admitted to it. He's probably dived a couple of times this season, as so have many, many players, but how many of them have admitted it afterwards?

i don't really get why admitting it afterwards is any better. adam Johnson (i think) did it earlier in the season and i can't see how it makes it any better in the slightest.

@gstobart: Liverpool the only PL club to show genuine interest in Sneijder. Doesn't want to go to Galatasaray, question is whether LFC will pay the £.

Pinch of salt, surprised many are so against it happening.

Sneijder will want huge wages. Liverpool will not sign players over a certain age and they are now offering players lower wages but higher bonuses so no way are we signing him or any other top star. I don't think we will be signing anyone else, the owners are looking at cutting costs.

That being said, Sneijder is only 28, so hardly over the hill.

I wouldn't want to take a paycut at his age though

I think they said they don't want to sign anyone over 28 could be wrong.

New strategy for transfers

Offer lower wages higher bonuses. Owners think it will make the players more hungry to succeed and avoid expensive flops like Cole, Aqualuni etc. reality we might not be able to offer high wages or any type of European football next season.

Don't want to sign anyone 28 or over, they want to sign young upcoming players and then sell them on for bigger profit.

Squad is already small and we have seen 2 players leave the club and 1 arrive. I don't think we will sign anyone else. I think the manager has done well with the thin squad he has and injuries over the season and still be close to 5th place and next stage of Europa league.

Doubt Saturdays game with Norwich will be on.

I am starting to doubt the owners for the first time now.

John Henry has yet to visit anfield this season. I think the players have spent more time in Boston than he has at Liverpool. When dalglish was sacked they couldn't even have a bit of dignity fly here.

£20 million budget for each season we were told when they they arrived as this was the interest on our debt we were no longer paying. However they didn't say the £20 million would have to cover transfer funds, new contracts and managers compensation.

Owners lack of dialogue resulted that on transfer deadline day we only had 1 fit striker after only weeks before leaking out to an American paper that we would be signing Dempsey. Convenient that Dempsey is one of Americas best football players and we were about to tour America.

I think it's the way he admitted it that Rodgers didnt like.

It wasn't a "yes I dived, I was desperate to win and i'm sorry"

It was "I dived because we were drawing and I wanted to win". And then continued to moan that he's being victimised.

A bit of self awareness and empathy would have actually been quite decent of him.

I'd personally be pleased if a player admited to diving, apologised for doing so but explained why he did it in an honest way. I'd rather that than pretend I didn't dive, or pretend the foul was earlier and so my dive is irrelevant.

I am starting to doubt the owners for the first time now.

John Henry has yet to visit anfield this season. I think the players have spent more time in Boston than he has at Liverpool. When dalglish was sacked they couldn't even have a bit of dignity fly here.

£20 million budget for each season we were told when they they arrived as this was the interest on our debt we were no longer paying. However they didn't say the £20 million would have to cover transfer funds, new contracts and managers compensation.

Owners lack of dialogue resulted that on transfer deadline day we only had 1 fit striker after only weeks before leaking out to an American paper that we would be signing Dempsey. Convenient that Dempsey is one of Americas best football players and we were about to tour America.

Did you know that Henry hasn't been to Anfield this season before you read it on twitter today?

Why not? Has the undersoil heating got too old and we won't renew it?

Weather supposed to be really bad in east anglia and liverpool on Friday. Depends how bad surrounding areas are and the roads for the fans travelling to the game.

Snowing tonight in Liverpool Tony. It has stuck slightly as well, if it snows over night the game will be in doubt. Friday as you say though is meant to be very heavy with potential light snow on Saturday as well.

:( not looking good tomorrows under 21 game was called off earlier, that will be 2 midweek home games already to come after sky moved the west brom game to a Monday night.

Press saying we are interested in signing sneijder if he drops his wage demands. I very much doubt we will sign him though it would be nice.
not going to happen, ask yourself why have no top clubs gone in for him? The same reason why we shouldn't go for him. We don't need another joe cole.

its definitely a risk for sure but putting 2 and 2 together with gerrard saying we cant just buy kids and ayre talking about making wages up through bonuses instead of a flat rate this week, theres a possibility. problem is obv has he declined as a footballer, at 28 you'd hope not.

its +1 here right now so though theres a light covering of snow it should clear up and ice shouldnt be a problem aslong as we dont drop below 0c.

:( not looking good tomorrows under 21 game was called off earlier, that will be 2 midweek home games already to come after sky moved the west brom game to a Monday night.

It's snowing heavily now. I haven't driven through Anfield since it has started snowing though so don't know if the club have taken any precautions or how bad it is. I'm about 4 miles away from Anfield at the minute though and it's sticking and coming down heavily.

It's snowing heavily now. I haven't driven through Anfield since it has started snowing though so don't know if the club have taken any precautions or how bad it is. I'm about 4 miles away from Anfield at the minute though and it's sticking and coming down heavily.

If they do call it off hope they do it early like they did against spurs. I remember when we played Everton one year and the game was called off at around 2 30 because of a water logged pitch. Do you think the club will also consider the Norwich fans planning to make the journey? If many can't make it that wont help I would have thought.

Archived