What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My 2p worth.

Any chance of the full game having options that we can choose to have on/off? i.e. the press or psychology parts. I know they are important to some extent but gamewise for me it's a bit of a repetitious drag that bores the hell out of me and often does not have a response that I would give on Saturday when I do the job for real. I'm also not interested in achievements that steam keeps popping up every so often.

I know there's FMT but that lacks a bit to much for me. [/Mr. Picky]

Cheers. :D

I'd actually be in support of either replacing FMT with a system like that, or giving a third option to do just that. There's no way they'd do anything like that in the full game, nor would I want them to. I know you could just run with everything "switched on", but I doubt they'd go that way. A more sandbox option that allows you to switch modules on and off at game start would be interesting.

It would be useful to have a squad filter option to show registered players for your training camp/competition as another squad. I often have a mixture of ages from my various squads in my Europe squad or preseason training camp. The filter would make things easier finding players instead of having all squad filters open and then choosing only show available players.

It would be useful to have a squad filter option to show registered players for your training camp/competition as another squad. I often have a mixture of ages from my various squads in my Europe squad or preseason training camp. The filter would make things easier finding players instead of having all squad filters open and then choosing only show available players.

Personally I'd like the ability to create different squads like you could in FM Live and give them my own names. i.e. "Under 23s" or "fringe players for League Cup" etc

After much hibernating here on the forums, I've finally come up with an idea for CA/PA.

I was thinking today when trying to sleep off a boozy office party about the issue, in that some of the top players have the mold broken and one area of their game gets somewhat nerfed because of the 200 CA/PA cap. And I was thinking what if there were separate CA/PA points for each of the three main areas technical, mental and physical and maybe even for the hidden stats.

You could have for example an overall rating of out of 300 CA/PA across the board with the ratings split up 100 each across the board. Also to maybe more easily simulate different types of player strengths you could give a training weighting on each stat so that, for example a player that is fast and a good headerer could get a 75% training weight on the relevant stats so that they grow more quickly and at less attribute point cost and maybe a weighting to agility and dribbling (to pick two attributes at random) of 125% so that those stats are slower to grow.

Might be difficult to code for, but it would allow in my opinion for a greater variety of player type.

A couple of small cosmetic changes ...

The game does a pretty good job of avoiding kit clashes, but sometimes it gets it wrong and then the game can be very hard to follow. So I'd suggest that when you get to the pre-match screen showing both teams' formations, the user is given the option to select the kits for each team - that way when the game picks wrongly we can find a better combination.

On a similar subject - some clubs have colours that don't work very well in the text boxes (red/blue for Crystal Palace as an example) - the game should use a font with a border to clearly divide the text from the background.

And one related to immersion:

When you pick your manager and choose the level of their past career it would be nice if the game generated a career history for you displayed in your manager history pre-dating when you joined your first club as manager. So if you said you were an international and had a favourite team of West Ham it might generate a manager background of a long playing career that included that club, plus number of caps etc.

I think I posted this years ago but anyway.

Randomly generated sponsor names and kit designs. First kit color and design would remain pretty much the same every year, secondary kit would be chosen from colors set in the DB and more drastic design changes, third kit would be pretty much 'anything goes'.

Then add randomly generated sponsor names (like Boston Waffles, Green Energy, whatever, basically random X + random Y), a few logo placement presets and font colors and you never have to see at the same kits every year.

To be able to sign retired players

I dont know if this is common in Europe, but here in Brazil this is happens a lot, every year smaller clubs sign retired players to increase their marketing and to improve their renown, Brazilians players always do that here and clubs from the Indian Super League signed retired european stars.

Can we have this option in the future? I can link a lot of players that came back from retirement to play here in Brazil if you want, its just that this is a real thing here and I feel that this option would really improve the game.

To be able to sign retired players

I dont know if this is common in Europe, but here in Brazil this is happens a lot, every year smaller clubs sign retired players to increase their marketing and to improve their renown, Brazilians players always do that here and clubs from the Indian Super League signed retired european stars.

Can we have this option in the future? I can link a lot of players that came back from retirement to play here in Brazil if you want, its just that this is a real thing here and I feel that this option would really improve the game.

I support this. We've also seen it in Europe where an injured player a year or two down the road figures he can still play at some level.

One example would be Michael Steensgaard who stopped in July 1996, but later signed for FC Copenhagen in May 1998, returning to pro football after a while as a coach.

We also see it every now and then with old GK coaches in smaller clubs who, in case of injuries, take place on the bench.

I have had an idea that will add a lot to immersion . all managers at every level are on the touchline close to the action and are able to very quickly relay there instructions and thoughts to there players at any moment. these instructions are fast and direct and often change the outcome of the game. my idea I call the drawing board . . . . a drop down menu while in a match like the league or match stats etc. is available to the player which you are able to draw using the mouse pre determined instructions to the players

example

say my right winger (number 7) isn't getting forward enough I would in the drawing board draw a 7 and a forward arrow . . . . . an then a almost instant instruction to your winger to advance forward more

these drawings can be changed by the player at anytime

example

my back line is defending too high and the opponents forwards are getting in behind . . . . you would draw your pre determined symbol for the back line and the pre determined symbol for deeper

the instructions can speed up play and also add to the whole manager experience

thanks for reading and if anyone has anything to add please feel free.

I have a couple suggestions:

- To be able to wish your players a happy birthday when it's their birthday (having a private conversation with the player should display the "happy birthday" option and it should boost your relationship with that player). I'm not sure if that's already possible though

- To be able to wish your players a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year when you meet with the squad around that time of the year (not sure if this is implemented too)

- When you are viewing a match, it's cool to be able to only watch match highlights. But in some matches you go 20-30 minutes with no match highlights, so you go "blind" as to what's happening in the pitch. There should be an option to view match highlights AND have a random sneak peek on the match every 5 minutes, or every 10 minutes, or every 20 minutes, etc. This way, you won't be wasting time viewing the full match and at the same time you get a good opportunity to analyze frequently how the match develops.

I hope it makes sense to you :)

Merry Christmas, a Happy New Year and Happy Birthday if it's the case!! :D

It bothers me a little that there are too many goals conceded where there's noone to blame. ME has certain criterias about registering individual errors,but often it's shared blame. I'd like to know better where's the problem in my defense.

It could as well be in the form of assistant manager feedback, for example "right back wasn't closing down opponent winger and gave him too much space for cross" or "[central defender] didn't mark their striker tight enough".

In 3D I actually see some errors that lead to goal, but go unregistered by ME. Full-backs not tracking down their men, for example, is not counted as individual mistake.

A couple of small cosmetic changes ...

The game does a pretty good job of avoiding kit clashes, but sometimes it gets it wrong and then the game can be very hard to follow. So I'd suggest that when you get to the pre-match screen showing both teams' formations, the user is given the option to select the kits for each team - that way when the game picks wrongly we can find a better combination.

On a similar subject - some clubs have colours that don't work very well in the text boxes (red/blue for Crystal Palace as an example) - the game should use a font with a border to clearly divide the text from the background.

And one related to immersion:

When you pick your manager and choose the level of their past career it would be nice if the game generated a career history for you displayed in your manager history pre-dating when you joined your first club as manager. So if you said you were an international and had a favorite team of West Ham it might generate a manager background of a long playing career that included that club, plus number of caps etc.

I had thought of this actually, relating to the immersion note. You say that we choose the experience of our manager, and then the game creates your playing history. Why not have it to where we create the playing history, and then the game gives us the attribute points based on that. I felt that would be better, but you got to the idea first before me. Either way, in favor of your main idea.

I know that some people has been asking for changes in ticket sales and everything, wanting to adjust prices and negotiating sponsors, but I don't think this is a job for the manager. But in my opinion, this is an important part of the game and we need to be involved, so I would like to request increases/decreases of ticket sales and sponsors to my board; in the first case, specially in important matches or matches that teams are needing presence of the crowd (clubs fighting relegation, exemplifing).

(Sorry for my poor english).

My suggestions:

1) World Manager of the Year award

This is a management game. Feels like the managers all over the sim, should be in contention for the world manager of the year. Not sure how the scoring system would work. It would have to consider the league and cup reputations + initial media prediction + quality of football or something.

2) Atmosphere at Cup Finals

Pyrotechnics, fireworks, night time feel...

3) Importable Chants

The standard crowd noises are fairly decent, but would love to be able to hear chants and songs in the background. Perhaps we could even import our own.

Media Predictions changing throughout the season.

I found myself in the playoff place towards the close of the season but because I was tipped as hot favourite for the drop when a big game came up I was asked whether I thought I would win and secure the 3 points to ensure survival, there was no way I could be relegated and in fact what the media should have been concentrating on was if I was going to get enough points to guarantee a playoff place.

I feel that throughout the season the media predictions should be looked at and addressed according to how well or how bad a team is doing, perhaps the bookmakers odds should also change.

Despite finishing 5th instead of 23rd there was also very little media attention about how I had upset the odds.

I haven't read the whole thread so I apologise if this has already been mentioned...

It'd be good to be able to express interest in a job elsewhere that is currently taken by a different manager, and their position at the club isn't insecure.

Eg if Jose Mourinho expressed interest in the job at Salford City, even though the current manager is doing a good job, you'd like to think the club would look to get Jose in...

Not particularly groundbreaking but there you go.

If they wanted them. If nobody wants them, then nobody is going to put a bid in for them. Your no-competitive-fixture-for-9-months, 28 year old with a dodgy knee and 0 goals in 2 1/2 years just ain't pullin' in the gals like he used to.

Hence why, even on a free transfer, Owen Hargreaves couldn't pull in the offers

If they were cheap enough Sunderland would buy them, the player you described there sounds right up our street!!

Breakable holidays - or some variation thereof.

Playing as Spurs, I've been knocked out of the COC and Europa League early on, giving me some spells where I have 5-6 days between matches, plus the international breaks. I use the holiday option to skip ahead through most of that time, but twice now I've had players seeking talks with me in that time. When something significant like that happens (or a player gets injured, or a transfer bid comes in... the exact parameters could be set by tickboxes) then the game should break the holiday and give you the option of holding talks with that player.

As it is, I've lost player morale/squad morale because the game has instead blown right past these incidents. At the very least, there should be an option for the player just to come in for talks when I'm, you know, not on holiday - if it's that serious, they can wait for a day or two :rolleyes:

Hi there, two things that came across playing FM16 that would be great if it can be looked at for FM17:

- Would be great if the game can come out earlier in the season :) Fifa and PES come out with their games end September, whilst FM comes out in November. Would be cool if FM can come out earlier as well, so you can start with the most up-to-date teams (instead of starting in November, and already one month later the winter transfers start to come in)

- Ability for (experienced) loan-players to tutor youngsters. Now when you loan a player in, he can not be a tutor to a youngster. Whilst in real life this of course will happen at clubs. It would be great if that option can be added to the next version.

Thanks!

Better advertising boards around the stadium, for instance all season we have the same adverts including the very seasonal movember board. Perhaps SI could generate some more money by negotiating some deals so companies could advertise in game.

On the tactics screen with the graphical display that show your team's condition and fitness, you also see the list of subs on that the right of that graphical display. However, the sub list doesn't show the condition of fitness, which means you have to go all the way to the left of the screen to check the condition and fitness of the player. This is unnecessary eye work. My request is for the sub list to show the condition and fitness just like the field part of the display does.

Some people might say that the tactics screen is not for picking your squad, but I feel that if the graphical display is there and it allows you to drag and drop, then it should be fully functional and show the condition and fitness of the subs as well.

In the press conference question about reaching the 40 point target in the EPL, all the responses talk about how we've reached it but we aren't safe yet, will keep trying etc.

There should be at least one response along the lines of yeah we've got 40 and none of those mugs below us will so we're fine

Don't know if this has been raised before as I CBA going through 51 pages!

What are the chances of a high capacity rectangle stadium? I know it may seem like a minor detail, but as a Liverpool fan I can't stand the fact that home games are played in a stadium that resembles that of a team that shall not be named from the other end of the East Lancs Road.

I like this idea a lot. Or better yet, allow for the game to start in the past, possibly using databases in the cloud. Maybe allow you to start back in the year you purchased the first FM. On Steam, I've got FM2012 to FM2016, the ability to start I. 2012 to add some back story, with using FM2016 would be immense.

On the Player Tactics subscreen under Tactics, you have the option to swap players. That is the only tactical option you can change without going into the Player Instructions screen. The marking option should also be changeable without having to go into the Player Instructions screen every time. Every match, I don't want to change how the player is playing, I just want to change who he is marking. It was smart to have the Swap Players option outside of the menu, but the marking option needs to be the same as well because that option is something you have to change for every match.

Imagine you are chasing a game and you want very specific marking from each player. It is a nightmare because, not only do you have to click on 10 players, but you also have to open the Player Instructions screen 10 times just to tell them who to mark.

You could argue that you could tell your players to just close down more as a team, but I also want each player not just to push higher but also to stick with a specific opposing player. Now I have to click "Edit..." 10 times. It would be nice if I didn't have to do that.

I just assumed it was decimal he was referring to, as it's only that and fractional I've ever seen in real life.

I get now why percentages is not available. Still weird, for those of us who don't bet to see odds in fractional or decimal format, to see that. They really should add percentages, it would be such an easy option to add.

There is a few special abilities / preferred moves that can only be taught from tutoring.

I personally think it would be a nice addition if a player has this ability he is able to teach it if he decides to become a coach.

This would be a nice way to add additional coaches to the staff without only focusing on how many coaching stars the person has.

There is a few special abilities / preferred moves that can only be taught from tutoring.

I personally think it would be a nice addition if a player has this ability he is able to teach it if he decides to become a coach.

This would be a nice way to add additional coaches to the staff without only focusing on how many coaching stars the person has.

I like this idea :thup:

Backroom advice meetings:

There are different areas of advice covered in these meetings, some of which, as manager you may not be interested in hearing. At the beginning of every save and/or every season, have a checklist of the items covered and have the manager select which ones he want to be advised about.

It seems a waste of time having specific tactical advice about your next opponent in these meetings, especially if you dont hold them every week. Specific tactical advice like that should be included in the opposition scouting information before every game and not in the backroom staff meeting.

Pretty minor thing but maybe if your player has a future transfer arranged and you are playing in the final scheduled match before that transfer you can have a individual team talk option to give the fans something to remember you by or something along those lines.

Could maybe differ depending on if it is a star player moving on to better things, or a rotation player being given a last run-out or a ageing legend being allowed one final send-off

I know it's early but whilst I have the ideas in my head, I thought I'd put it to you

Also, Happy New Year!

Ok, so training for me could be improved a hell of a lot. I was thinking maybe of training reports after every session so you get an idea on who is training well, who is lazy as well as maybe players health improving or not. Also, maybe you could focus on certain things based on your tactic or your upcoming games. Which ties in with my other idea.

Better feedback from scouts on next opposition. Key players, passing, where they are likely to attack from. Set pieces and so on. This info could be used in training then so you prepare for a game.

IE, your scout tells you they prefer to play wide and whip the balls in quickly. You could then drill your players to watch for that.

In real life, a lot of matches are won by preparing and training and yet in the game, it feels like a part of the game that is automated to a degree and holds little value.

I know it's early but whilst I have the ideas in my head, I thought I'd put it to you

Also, Happy New Year!

Ok, so training for me could be improved a hell of a lot. I was thinking maybe of training reports after every session so you get an idea on who is training well, who is lazy as well as maybe players health improving or not. Also, maybe you could focus on certain things based on your tactic or your upcoming games. Which ties in with my other idea.

Better feedback from scouts on next opposition. Key players, passing, where they are likely to attack from. Set pieces and so on. This info could be used in training then so you prepare for a game.

IE, your scout tells you they prefer to play wide and whip the balls in quickly. You could then drill your players to watch for that.

In real life, a lot of matches are won by preparing and training and yet in the game, it feels like a part of the game that is automated to a degree and holds little value.

I was thinking the exact same thing about better feedback from scouts in relation to next opposition last month. But i then felt like i was being lazy by not putting in enough effort haha. We can pretty much get all the info we need if we look at the scout report in depth, obviously not everything we may want but enough to know players to target and ways to play. It is pretty tiresome having to do it each time however so i understand what your saying.

I have a proposition along the same lines as yourself, kinda....

I think we should have a teem meeting a couple of days before each game. There could be a new staff role aptly named "analyst" who will tell us keys things about the other team, such as, blah blah is in scintillating form and very confident at the mo (mesut ozil), blah blah is struggling and could be targetted (eden hazard), their team generally set up in a ? way against teams like us, blah loves to get on the ball and control the game, their wingers are rapid, their cbs like to be aggressive and close down, yada yada yada.

Then in the meeting their could be a few links to specific previous games showing small excerpts of play by the opposition showing how they attack or defend or whatever

And then finally you can give feedback to your team saying stuff like, "do not let douglas costa dribble, if he gets the ball, make sure he knows your there", "their team are struggling bad at the mo, get an early goal and put the pressure on them even more"

I would like something like this. I appreciate it is probably very hard to do, but i would like

I would like a better link up between myself and my director football. I have just hired him and I would like to leave him in charge of the scouting system. Which I have. But I have no way of telling him which players I would like him to look for (i.e youngsters or home grown) that I am aware of. It would be nice to sit down with the DoF at the end of each season and review the areas of the globe I would like him to search for next.

One thing I think the opposition instructions are lacking is an option to show a winger inside/outside, rather than left/right-weaker foot.

For example, I was recently playing a team featuring inside forwards, who kept getting on the inside of my full-backs, but I couldn't show them onto any particular side because they kept swapping flanks. If we could specify a side of the pitch to show them onto, rather than a particular foot, it would be really useful.

Surely someone must have already proposed something similar (I think so), but I would like to reinforce this idea that seems very interesting to me.

I personally never kept me excited for a long time playing a save in Football Manager on the grounds that the game flows excessively slow (and this has nothing to do with the performance of my computer). I know there's FM Classic ... By the way, the point here is not that.

What I'd like to see in the game is a 'fantasy mode'. Something I could pick any team and put any player I wanted in it. Build my own 'world selection'. Either two. Or three. Or twenty different custom teams. And then you could put a Custom Team 1 to play a friendly against the Custom Team 2 ... and could choose between making substitutions of the Custom Team 1, Custom Team 2 or both of them.

Better yet: There could be an option to create "fantasy competitions". You choose how many teams, if will have group stage and knockout, how many games per phase, if there will be golden goal and penalty shootout.

The I would have, for example, how to create a playoff between 4 custom teams that I chose the players and their lineups in a kind of semi-final.

Football Manager is recognized as the best football game ever seen, and I don't understand why none of this has been implemented yet. Or you never wanted to know if Neymar playing in the same team of Bale could beat a team with Messi and CR7? It would be fantastic! At least I think so.

I've done something to play this 'new way' of 'fantasy mode' in latest's verisons of the game, but it is exhausting: I had to edit two teams, removing all its players and adding those who I wanted (and even then there were problems with borrowed players), then dial a friendly between them and get on vacation... and then I could just watch the games without making the substitutions I wanted.

Sorry if this is possible in Football Manager 2016, i haven't bought the game. But someone told me that you can do something similar, but you can only pick players in the limit of the club budget...

Finally, i'm srry if i go wrong with the english. U can ask me and I can try to explain it in a better way.

And please, if i'm wrong about the place of the topic, it's not intentional. U can do what's necessary, just let me know

Thanks all!

Archived