What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There already is Match Plans in the game and now you can create multiple set piece routines, how about combining the two?

So I can create a normal corner routine for most of the match and when ahead at the closing stages of the game I'd like to have a different routine where the DCs don't go forward.

One possible way to do it is to let us enable/disable routines in tactics. So if I have multiple starting routines that are used at random as it is in FM16, but a couple of clicks then a different set of routines can be used.

When you are looking at loan offers you have received in the transfer centre, it would be good if you were able to sort them by squad status offered.

I like to multi-select all the cover for first team ones and reject them and just now I have to accumulate click them rather than sort and then drag-multi-highlight.

Dunno the terminology but I think you can work out what I mean,

- I'd like the 3D-match widgets to be more transparent, especially when play is near the specific widget.

- When setting the routines for set pieces, there should be an option to give instructions based on the specific player instead of the role/position. IE, if I've got two different strikers, one's 198 cm tall and strong, the other's 165 cm and weak (but lightning fast) and I'm playing with one striker, then obviously I'll want the tall one to come back to defend opposition corner kicks, due to him being rather superior in the air, but if the smaller guy's playing instead, then I want him up front as a counter attacking threat instead. As far as I can tell, I can set two different routines With different instructions for the striker which I can assign to these two options, but I think it'd be better if you could give the instructions based on the player instead of the position/role.

After each simulated day where there is any matches of any kind I would like to a see a page showing all results from all leagues on that day as you miss lots of what's going on as it does not show you other results in an overview way.

After each simulated day where there is any matches of any kind I would like to a see a page showing all results from all leagues on that day as you miss lots of what's going on as it does not show you other results in an overview way.

You can set that up with screen flow.

If you're on the FM16 Beta then it works perfectly, in my experience.

If you're on an earlier version of the game then it's probably possible to set that up as well.

Although it's more complicated and a bit wonkier.

Don't know if anyone mentioned it, but here are my 2 cents in the wishing bucket.

I've always played the game starting out with either the top divisions or the immediate division below - reason being that I would get the chance to actually manage real players, real stars before they all get too old and go into retirement. As it likely will take a while to climb the ladder from the bottom leagues where then I am left with regens once I reach the top. Don't get me wrong, I think regens are awesome too, but not having the chance to manage real players kind of diminishes the FM experience for me...

A feature I'd love added would be the ability to start your game years back and not just the present day. Say a game mode with start date 1995 (random), and in this mode you are restricted to lowest management experience and past player experience. Career options are only to start unemployed, or take over the lowest league in a nation. Surely, you will still miss the star players at the beginning of your career, depending on how fast you climb the football ladder, but at least you can still sign quality players, household names after 10 years into your game.

Not sure how feasible this is as I can imagine the data base would be huge... another drawn back though, is that game could become real easy if you sign all the known super stars when they are 15... imagine C Ronaldo and Messi in the same team in their prime...!

Currently playing FM 15 and am managing a successful Turkish team, as a result, I've been offered managerial positions for the best international teams in the world but I only have my eyes on the Turkey job. Unfortunately for myself, the Turkey manager has been in charge for 14.5years and been unsuccessful.

Long story short is can I suggest that in the newer versions we are able to declare interest for safe jobs, in the hope that we are lined up when the manager resigns or sacks, or even aiding the process of that manager being sacked.

Basically, I want to declare interest for the job and hope the current Turkey manager will be sacked lol

I'm pretty sure I've requested this before, and the same issue is still in '16, so I'll request it again.

When saving team selections, allow us to overwrite an existing one by displaying the name of the current selection in the textbox, or displaying a pick-list of existing saved selections. As it is, you have to manually type the same selection name each time to overwrite it, leading to saving selections with non-descriptive names like 'a', 'b', 'c', rather than '1st XI', 'Cup Team' etc.

I really love the following 2 features. :thup:

TUR%20Leading%20Youth%20producers_zpsl21fdn4y.png

TUR%20Leading%20Top%20Flight%20Producers_zpsdirjlwbv.png

But what would really make them phenomenal is, if, when you clicked on a particular club in these news items, rather than taking you to the club, they took you to a shortlist of the players concerned.

I'm managing Dardanespor who appear on this list despite only just being promoted from non-playable, but despite me knowing that there are players out there playing at the top level somewhere that we have produced, it's actually just teasing me because I don't know where they are and they could be at any of 18 Super League clubs.

I know who 2 of them are via the NT squad, but if I want to find the others then I have to sift through the history of every player in every squad.

I really love the following 2 features. :thup:

TUR%20Leading%20Youth%20producers_zpsl21fdn4y.png

TUR%20Leading%20Top%20Flight%20Producers_zpsdirjlwbv.png

But what would really make them phenomenal is, if, when you clicked on a particular club in these news items, rather than taking you to the club, they took you to a shortlist of the players concerned.

I'm managing Dardanespor who appear on this list despite only just being promoted from non-playable, but despite me knowing that there are players out there playing at the top level somewhere that we have produced, it's actually just teasing me because I don't know where they are and they could be at any of 18 Super League clubs.

I know who 2 of them are via the NT squad, but if I want to find the others then I have to sift through the history of every player in every squad.

A work around is that you can set a filter on the scouting screen for home-grown at club. I know that's not what you're asking for, but it certainly comes in handy

If you're just being the head coach, and you've got a Director of Football who's in charge of transfers, and you're at a press conference after signing a new player, I'd like the questions to be a little more in the way of what I think of the player being bought by the DoF, if I agree with the DoF and so on, instead of the q's about what it's like negotiating with <selling club>

I was hoping that FM16 would at last include a players preferred moves on the tactic screen where you decide what additional instructions to include as part of the role/duty you have chosen for the player. However, when going to the Tactics, Player screen to go through positions to decide upon what additional instructions to include, you are shown the player currently picked in the starting eleven, indication of his suitability for the selected role and duty together with his attributes - with important ones for role/duty highlighted. What is missing is the players preferred moves which need to be taken into account when determining your tactics - there is a huge amount of unused space on the screen to include them. You can click through via player but it would be far more efficient to include on screen to avoid need for that.

Hopefully this will be addressed and rectified asap, although probably not until FM17 at earliest now - it's a pity things like this are overlooked when UI is revamped, particulalry when space is not a problem on the relevant screen.

The single most infuriating thing about recent FMs.

Touchline Team Talks.

I use them constantly. But that period where you are unable to make a talk for a while as the ME sorts everything out drives me NUTS. Sometimes it can take 15 minutes of the game time until you can shout something else at them and I end up shouting at the screen 'Just let me talk to them!!'. Even if it had no effect and the ME was still sorting out the last shout, at least let me have the ability to feel as though I am making some kind of impact.|

But no, it's 'Say something and then go and sit down for ten minutes in silence whilst the opposition score...don't worry that you just told them to Tighten Up with two minutes of the FA cup final to go at 1-1 and they just scored...but now you can't shout 'Push Forward!' for a while....Just sit down and be quiet, there's a good Manager' :p

So instead one takes to constantly clicking on the Team Talk tab to see when the menu becomes live again...click..click..click..click..click...It's like being told to shut up by a teacher. 'Can I speak?' NO!...'Can I speak?'....NO!.....'Can I speak?'....NO!...etc, etc, etc.

When one clicks the Team Talk tab, you can see when the menu becomes active. How about making it so you can see when the menu is active via the Team Talk tab? Make THAT change colour. At least it would stop me from having to spam click it.

OR! Here's a thought!

How about being able to stack Team Talks in tactics?

First 20 minutes 'Push Forward', second 20 'Concentrate' etc, etc. With different plans for Home and Away? Or maybe even saved Team Talks? I play a very high tempo game with my teams to tire the opposition out. We score loads at the end. Why can't I just tell them team that I want them to Push Forward in the last 10 minutes in EVERY game?

In-game now you quite often get fantastic zoomed-out helicopter views of your stadium while the match is paused or processing.

I'd love it if there was a button on the facilities page you could click to get to just see this view for a bit, even if it wasn't controllable in any way - Just a 5 second pan from helicopter height

1- In the last few years all national teams matches (All real life tournaments, qualifying stages and friendlies) were played with shirt numbers 1-23 when number 1 must be worn by a GK, and starting lineup players could wear any number between 2 to 23, yet this rule wasn't implemented in the game.

My solution: add squad registration and team numbers screens before each international qualifying and friendly match to choose match players and shirt numbers, and also add a constant player parameter such as "international squad number" or/and "preferred international squad number" to make it even more realistic (example: Iniesta wears number 8 for barca and number 6 for spain).

2- Similar to the previous issue, only regarding to the match squad size. In the national teams tournaments and qualifying matches, 23 players squads should be registered for a match, with 11 starters and 12 subs including 3 GK's, yet this rule wasn't implemented in the game either, so far in the game, only 18 players match squads.

My solution: same as before, squad registration screen for international matches.

3- Spanish league squad registration and squad numbers rules - too complicated to explain here, it's just not correct in the game, please try to fix it.

So that's it, I hope you'll be able to fix the above issues, I believe you have the ability and technology to make these relatively simple fixes.

In the last few years all national teams matches (All real life tournaments, qualifying stages and friendlies) were played with shirt numbers 1-23 when number 1 must be worn by a GK, and starting lineup players could wear any number between 2 to 23, yet this rule wasn't implemented in the game.

Tournaments do have squad numbers

It's not a rule for Qualifiers and Friendlies though. England for example always line up with 1 to 11 on the pitch, and I'm pretty sure it's the same for other nations too.

You're correct about England national team, but that's just because they're allowed to line up 1-11 on the field, not because they must,

almost all the rest of the national teams uses 1-23 kit numbers for their line ups,

besides, haven't you ever noticed England's rivals, just look for England's last opponent in the EURO Qualifiers match against Lithuania...

Anyway, anybody can easily google uefa and fifa regulations and find the rules that I was talking about.

I'm not wrong about this one, just wanna add more realism to the game.

Create a club is great - the idea is good, execution is good, but unusable because you can not assign your created club any graphics - ie logo, kits, 3d kits.

What is the point of the create a club mode then??? As I saw it, it offered a way to customize your club but it precludes you from any customizing????? Sorry SI - DUMB DECISION>

Create a club is great - the idea is good, execution is good, but unusable because you can not assign your created club any graphics - ie logo, kits, 3d kits.

What is the point of the create a club mode then??? As I saw it, it offered a way to customize your club but it precludes you from any customizing????? Sorry SI - DUMB DECISION>

I've just seen that for myself. I've submitted a bug report which will be closed soon as that is working exactly as SI intended. They just didn't take into account that people might want to change the kit and icon after the club was created.

Perhaps for FM17 SI can code it so that any XML file entries that match the clubs ID in the My Documents folder supersede those in the savegame for the created club. That will let us change everything we can just like for a normal club.

Please do away with the leaderboards, their purpose is defeated by FMRTE. The list is no longer a list of the top players but the biggest cheaters, why bother with this is it is completely sullied by non-legitimate scores?

I am not knocking those who desire to use cheat devices, that is their way to play, I respect that but I wish the leaderboards was for either only legit players or everyone. As it is now, if you use any edits with either the pre-game editor or in game editor it disables your ability to score on the leaderboards, so why allow FMRTE users to still rack up huge points?

I'd like to see more personality from the regens. I know you couldn't have real players being caught up in a roasting scandal but it'd bring a bit of excitment if the regens were ending up in the papers for mis-behaving. It's not as if real life footballers aren't in the paper on a weekly basis for brawling etc..

Agreed whole heartedly - That would be fantastic and would make a good case for playing with fake player saves!

Tournaments do have squad numbers

It's not a rule for Qualifiers and Friendlies though. England for example always line up with 1 to 11 on the pitch, and I'm pretty sure it's the same for other nations too.

You're correct about England national team, but that's just because they're allowed to line up 1-11 on the field, not because they must,

almost all the rest of the national teams uses 1-23 kit numbers for their line ups,

besides, haven't you ever noticed England's rivals, just look for England's last opponent in the EURO Qualifiers match against Lithuania...

Anyway, anybody can easily google uefa and fifa regulations and find the rules that I was talking about.

I'm not wrong about this one, just wanna add more realism to the game.

It's not as simple as "almost all the rest of the national teams uses 1-23 kit numbers", Norway (not this year, but in the near past) used fixed numbers for the entire qualification, thus players called up for duty near the end played with numbers in the mid- to high thirties i.e.

Since this is quite different from nation to nation, and that there are no set rules, it could be hard to implement. However, if they could, the best would be to add a choice for the international boss to either assign squad numbers (based on the squad confirmed for set games, or as I described above), or to leave them without squad numbers, and just go with 1-11 for the line-up.

And actually international squad for qualifiers and friendlies should not be limited to 23, IRL some managers call up more players, just not all of them are included into match squad. Also there should be option to replace players with 'yellow' injury (if you see they won't be fit for the match) and players who recieved a ban for a second match with a single selection date.

Ive always thought a legacy section would be good for manager achievements, across all versions of Football Manager. This could be linked with importing the managers profile from previous games. Would be nice to track all your achievements across multiple versions of the game. This could also effect reputation and the managers stats. I always get alittle annoyed starting a new version of the game, thinking that all those previous achievements are lost!

What I would like to see in future developments, FM17 onwards, is an option to use the existing database. For example if I play FM 16 for 10 years to 2015, then why not allow me to transfer my career and indeed the entire player database and their teams into FM 17 and start in 2021. This would allow me to play with the new or updated game engine and other screens but retain all the progress that I have made.

I know league rules change and many other things do but these can all be constructed in the game shell so the old data base of players, teams and achievements 'slots in'.

I am sure you will come back with lots of technical reasons why not, but they may not be as insurmountable as what they appear to be. It would be good to know that at least it could be thought about.

Would like you to keep good changes from the past and not "overdo" new things.

e.g. You removed Squad Status, Add to Development List etc. from "Transfers" while beeing at a Players profile.

Prozone is nice, but a bit unhandy. Also there is no more Percentage of passes completed.

You are like adding 10 new good things with every year but removing 7 good things from past versions at the same time.

And well, moving Weight and Height of a player from left to right of his overview doesn't make any sense at all, beside saying "we wanted to make it look new so people think we did more than we actually did"

It's not as simple as "almost all the rest of the national teams uses 1-23 kit numbers", Norway (not this year, but in the near past) used fixed numbers for the entire qualification, thus players called up for duty near the end played with numbers in the mid- to high thirties i.e.

Since this is quite different from nation to nation, and that there are no set rules, it could be hard to implement. However, if they could, the best would be to add a choice for the international boss to either assign squad numbers (based on the squad confirmed for set games, or as I described above), or to leave them without squad numbers, and just go with 1-11 for the line-up.

And actually international squad for qualifiers and friendlies should not be limited to 23, IRL some managers call up more players, just not all of them are included into match squad. Also there should be option to replace players with 'yellow' injury (if you see they won't be fit for the match) and players who recieved a ban for a second match with a single selection date.

Norway might have used fixed squad numbers in the past because it probabley wasn't restricted then, now it's restricted (I mean for qualifiers, for friendlies it might not be restricted).

I don't think there's a restriction on preliminary squad size, just as long that for the match a 23 man squad will be registered.

anyway, like i said before, there's fifa and uefa regulations that can easily be found online, FM developers should just check it and adjust the game accordingley.

Here's a quote from the Russia 2018 world cup qualifiers regulations:

" 23 players may be entered on the start list (11 players and 12 substitutes).

The 11 first-named players must start the match, the other 12 are designated

as substitutes. The numbers on the players’ shirts must correspond with the

numbers indicated on the start list (numbers 1-23 only). All goalkeepers and

the captain must be identified as such. Three players must be goalkeepers,

with the number 1 shirt reserved for one of them."

same rule was applied in the EURO 16 qualifiers.

I think it shouldn't be a problem to enter these rules into the game.

It would be great to add answer "Future Transfer" if it has already been confirmed in "squad lack depth" interaction with player. To avoid hanging a promise to a player in an important moment.

I'd like to see an extra attribute in future versions of "run with ball". It occurred to me after reading a post on Jamie Vardy in the good players and teams forum and Vardy has been marked down as 11 for dribbling. Fair enough but (and I'm not a Leicester fan) from what I have seen of him he is excellent at running with the ball so whilst you could have him down as 11 for dribbling I would argue a good 15 or so for RWB. Running with the ball and dribbling are two totally different skills. Messi and Ronaldo are great dribblers with the ball as are players such as Hazard, Robben and Iniesta and from the past Giggs, George Best and of course Stanley Matthews. Players like Walcott, Antonio Valencia and Vardy are good running with the ball but I wouldn't necessarily call them close control dribblers whereas the likes of Gareth Bale and of course Ronaldo can do both. So as I say it's two different techniques so a "run with ball" attribute alongside dribbling would be a nice addition.

Questions in press conference after international break

It's been in the game a few years now. After international breaks you get the question about whether the break has been a good thing and how it's affected match preperation. The problem i have with this is that none of the answers take into the situation that many of your first team players would have been on international duty. Personally i'd like to see some answers available that reflects this rather than having to answer like my players have had a lovely 2 weeks break since the last match

I'd like to see an extra attribute in future versions of "run with ball". It occurred to me after reading a post on Jamie Vardy in the good players and teams forum and Vardy has been marked down as 11 for dribbling. Fair enough but (and I'm not a Leicester fan) from what I have seen of him he is excellent at running with the ball so whilst you could have him down as 11 for dribbling I would argue a good 15 or so for RWB. Running with the ball and dribbling are two totally different skills. Messi and Ronaldo are great dribblers with the ball as are players such as Hazard, Robben and Iniesta and from the past Giggs, George Best and of course Stanley Matthews. Players like Walcott, Antonio Valencia and Vardy are good running with the ball but I wouldn't necessarily call them close control dribblers whereas the likes of Gareth Bale and of course Ronaldo can do both. So as I say it's two different techniques so a "run with ball" attribute alongside dribbling would be a nice addition.

There's more to running with the ball than just dribbling. Agility, for instance, can be an important attribute too, especially when combined with acceleration.

There's more to running with the ball than just dribbling. Agility, for instance, can be an important attribute too, especially when combined with acceleration.

Absolutely totally agree hence why I think you need RWB added to the attributes.

Running with the ball is used when there is space in front of you that you would like to exploit. When running with the ball a player uses heavier touches in order to get the ball out of his feet and into top speed as quick as possible.

Dribbling is used when there is little space in front of you or your path is obstructed by defenders. When dribbling the ball a player uses lighter touches and sudden changes of direction with skills or feints in order to go past a defender.

Both similar under the hood but I would say certain attributes like acceleration and pace are more important for running with ball whereas balance and flair possibly more important for dribbling.

This seems like such a simple thing but the game should keep all-time goalscoring records for individual players in a competition (i.e. Shearer's 260 in the Premier league). I swear it used to be in the game, but looking now within the competition screen and under records, I can't find this stat anywhere. They have oldest, youngest, most in a season, but seem to be missing one that would definitely be worth chasing over a long save.

I'd like to see the option to tell a player he 'must put in a transfer request to leave' when he complains about lack of first team football / wanting to leave for another club. When players have requested a transfer they seem to be sellable for more than their valuation and this clearly happens in real life.

I would love to suggest, a new feature to the game.

I have now seen a few players I found interesting, who are injured for a longer period of time, and short of offering him 1 month trials over and over thats about all I can do.

I would love to see a feature, where I can offer a trial that lasts til injury free.

So the player would join me, and stay until fit, unless I stop it before then, giving players with serious injuries the option to get specialist help from my team and such.

I think this would need some overall work on injuries, so that players who are injured together, have an easier time bonding together.

Lets say I take in player A, for 7 months on trial, because he got a terrible injury, meanwhile he bonds with player B and C who are both out for 1-2 months along the way of player A's recovery. Also bonding with some of the staff perhaps and the manager himself - and this leads to Player A, upon return to combat fit status, playing a few games with the reserves and the main squad in a few friendlies, and he now wants to "repay" the support he recieved, by signing with the club, for a smaller wage than otherwise.

Obviously it shouldnt be a shortcut to getting lower wage players again and again, but a 33 year old player, with lets say Premier League, regular first team football the last 10 years, who is out for maybe 6 months, while being a free agent, ends up going to a League 1 team to recover, he bonds with the manager and 2-3 players, and maybe strikes his final professional contract, perhaps even with a clause in there to go to a higher league team for a certain amount of money.

But the real issue is players who are clubless, for longer periods of time with injuries tend to retire, despite good clubs on the uprise, needing players of their skill. This feature could prolong many carreers.

Put this in the wrong place...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440796-Loans

This is more like a feature request then a bug so might be the wrong forum...

I was thinking you have managers say (in real life as well) that they only want to loan players to teams where they will play regular, or frustrated when they don't. Eg you saw Klopp saying he was disappointed he went to Wolves to watch someone play and then he didn't.

Now teams can say how much football they want to give them but it would be good if you could automatically reject offers that were saying "rotation and less" and auro accept "First team and more," as a example.

Possibly even auto accept based on league, eg only teams in L1 or above but reject L2.

I've wanted that for ages

accept by country (for those HG or WP people)

accept by role (for wanting regular football)

accept by wages (only 100% wages accepted)

accept by monthly fee (10k per month)

make the DOF actually do something to earn his keep

Just a very simple suggestion:

On the comparison screen I think it would be good to easily click on the persons profile who you're comparing, like the image below I want to be able to click on Russ Wilcox's profile from the comparison page without having to go find him again. (If this is already possible can someone point it out)

Rk2C46a.png

Put this in the wrong place...

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/440796-Loans

This is more like a feature request then a bug so might be the wrong forum...

I was thinking you have managers say (in real life as well) that they only want to loan players to teams where they will play regular, or frustrated when they don't. Eg you saw Klopp saying he was disappointed he went to Wolves to watch someone play and then he didn't.

Now teams can say how much football they want to give them but it would be good if you could automatically reject offers that were saying "rotation and less" and auro accept "First team and more," as a example.

Possibly even auto accept based on league, eg only teams in L1 or above but reject L2.

You can already do this of sorts, if you're offering someone out for loan you can 'lock' the required squad status as part of the Offer to Clubs

Archived