how old are you??

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

25 and I'm still addicted.

The first game I bought was CM03/04, although I did play CM01/02 with a couple of School friends after School a few years before.

I bought FM05 and I didn't like it too much, so I went back to CM03/04 and missed out on FM06.

My mate lent me FM07 and I never looked back again. [bought FM07/FM08/FM09/FM10 & FM11 since]

• 4 weeks later...

36 in a few days. First CM was Italia. First football manager was on the C64, named Football Manager. ~25 players in total. Then in succession I played Tracksuit Manager (C64), Soccer Master (German, C64) and The Manager (Amiga).

The three last ones named were brilliant for their time.

I'm 27 and have been playing since I was 16.

I played through my first working year, through my four years of studying in college, and now as a Business Manager, I still do. Even though FM2011 is a lot more challenging and I cannot get into it as much (you have to put in so many hours nowadays to have a decent career), I still play it.

Viva FM!

hello there i am 39 i remember those games as well .D&H's 'Football Director' i loved that my friends said i was very boring /lol and still play now .but would of loved them to bring a revamp of D&H's 'Football Director' ,and number 2

I've played the earliest 'Addictive' football manager game on the spectrum back in the 80's then on D&H's 'Football Director' & 'International Manager'. Then the very first Domark's 'Championship Manager' as well as 'Premier Manager' on the Amiga. Following onto the PC with Championship Manager 00/01 & 4 before Football Manager 08 & 09.

Now a regular player on FM2010. So that makes me ...... ah yes.

48 years old. Bet you never remember the old Addictive's Football Manager on the Spectrum do you? Those were the days.

I remember them all although not on spectrum, I had a C16 then C64 then the Amiga1200 :) and I am 33.

Anyone remember 'Champions!' for the Dragon 32? What a great game! Also had the original Football Manager for the Amstrad CPC 464 and the Domark Championship Manager for the Amiga.

Ps. I'm 40 and still playing away - taking the mighty Basingstoke Town to fame and glory (well, league 2 anyway...)

I'm 30 and I'm back in love with FM. I will be honest and say that I have dipped in and out of it over the years but a new laptop, plus the fun I've hand playing the handheld version has drawn me back in to the series.

I also used to play Domark's Championship Manager as well as Premier Manager on the Amiga. I also used to love playing 'On the Ball'. Did anyone else play this game?

Unfortunately I didn't own a powerful enough computer until I was 17 so I used to play these games at a friends house after school. When I eventually saved enough money to buy my first PC, my first question to the shop assistant at PC world was "is this PC powerful enough to play Champ Man". That was my biggest priority.

Used to play On The Ball. Was a quality game. Didn't like Premier Manager as you had to start in the old 4th division

I'm 30 next week and have been playing since CM Italia '95. The highlights for me have been featuring in the game itself but being gutted that my team mate (Mark Allen) made it onto the back of the box!! It was in our Flexsys Cefn Druids days he still maintains that he doesn't know anyone at SI and it was a coincidence!!!

Archived