Group C- Slovenia v England, BBC1, 3pm and USA v Algeria, BBC red button

bomma

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Feels like the biggest England match of my life tbh, purely as if we don't win we will pretty much not get through. Still think we will win though but will be ******** it until we score and then get a couple of goals in front. WHEN that happens I will feel alright.

Excitement has started to set in a bit now. I cannot wait for this match. Every other England game for a while has felt like each goal gets a cheer but doesn't mean much. Any goals tomorrow is absolutely vital and I love that.

Capello cannot possibly be wanting to play 4 CM's again...

I guess the difference might be Lampard will play more advanced...?

Crouch would be a much better option upfront...and obviously J.Cole on the wing. I still don't get why England haven't adopted having a creative midfielder in the centre but meh you guys get by without.

Please God, anything but Rooney and Defoe. The only competitive game they've started together? Away to Andorra, September 2008. 0-0 at HT, at which point Defoe was hauled off and replaced with Heskey.

FT 2-0 England.

That stadium looks lovely.

England's World Cup record on BBC(from 1982)

Played 13 | Won 8 | Drawn 4 | Lost 1 | 14:2

Anyone know what the defeat is out of interest?

I thought BBC and ITV shared coverage of knockout stages onwards so basically our 1/4 final defeats would be on both channels?

Argentina in '86, Brazil in '02, Portugal in '06 and so on ...

All I want is to play well, if we play well we should have enough to win. This 'playing well' is the thing that deserted us the other day for whatever reason.

I will know within the first 5 or 10 minutes what kind of evening this will be :D First 5 or 10 vs Algeria you just knew it wasn't right

Please God, anything but Rooney and Defoe. The only competitive game they've started together? Away to Andorra, September 2008. 0-0 at HT, at which point Defoe was hauled off and replaced with Heskey.

FT 2-0 England.

haha ok lets use stats

Rooney and Heskey upfront at World Cups

USA = 0 Goals

Algeria = 0 Goals

The problem with Rooney and Defoe is if we still insist on pinging long balls up to them or over the top, if we can pass intelligently (yeah, I know ...) then it'll be ok, perhaps that is why Milner is there to cover some more ground in the middle and help us retain the ball in the middle.

I DO expect Joe Cole to come on at some point regardless of what John Terry wants

Anyone know what the defeat is out of interest?

I thought BBC and ITV shared coverage of knockout stages onwards so basically our 1/4 final defeats would be on both channels?

Argentina in '86, Brazil in '02, Portugal in '06 and so on ...

Would it be the 3rd place play-off at Italia 90? Don't think that was covered by both channels?

Is Upson any better at avoiding the aimless hoof than Carragher?

although we havent been leaking goals, the lack of Rio there as an assured figure at the back (and not sweating buckets the moment he makes one challenge) who can actually bring the ball out sensibly has been a real loss

Though they are assembled of players Championship and below, quality wise (bar the keeper), England will have problems with Slovenia. They are mostly irritating to play against.

I hope England wins.

haha ok lets use stats

Rooney and Heskey upfront at World Cups

USA = 0 Goals

Algeria = 0 Goals

Ha ha, yet both were major players in your only goal this World Cup...

Sadly I can see England absolutely doing Slovenia and England's best weapon, is Slovenia's worst enemy (Hoof Ball) :( Wish they don't though.

That stadium looks lovely.

England's World Cup record on BBC(from 1982)

Played 13 | Won 8 | Drawn 4 | Lost 1 | 14:2

I've spent ages looking for this stat. Where did you find it (I wanted to compare it to ITV)?

Is Upson any better at avoiding the aimless hoof than Carragher?

although we havent been leaking goals, the lack of Rio there as an assured figure at the back (and not sweating buckets the moment he makes one challenge) who can actually bring the ball out sensibly has been a real loss

Although I've been slating Carragher, I think it's worth pointing out that Carragher is, in fact, better than Xavi.

It's the hope that hurts ... it's the hope :(

I thought I'd be positive today as I've been cautious and cynical the last two games and that hasn't worked. Everyone in the office is really nervous and down, I hope we do win by a few so I can just say 'I TOLD YOU!.

England will only manage a draw, whilst USA will beat Algeria.

I think this will then be the kick in the backside the FA need. Hopefuly a new manager will come in get rid of all the players 29 and over in squad and build a team to conquer in Brazil.

Archived