Group C- Slovenia v England, BBC1, 3pm and USA v Algeria, BBC red button

bomma

I'll try it here instead the. COME ON SLOVENIA!!!

Fact is.......I aint English yet I get set England football mugs and England supporters kits everytime I order something from the internet!

I don't live in England.

Our national newspapers, where we get to read the news have 15 page spreads on "our" team and how well "we" will do.

I don't support England. I'm not English you udnerstand.

Yet nobody in England can get their heads around it.

I don't really give a monkeys about the Wales football team or the Scottish football team either. So it sure as hell aint jealousy.

Its amusing though, and THIS IS why we'll all laugh when super England crash out again:

the-sun-world-cup-2010.jpg

sure it isn't jealousy, and i'm terry tibbs

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
At the end of it all, if we cant beat just 1 of USA, Algeria or Slovenia then we definitely 100% dont deserve to make it out of this group. Also thats no disrespect to any of those 3 teams its just the obvious facts.

It's not far off mathematical fact.

You opened a thread, which was duly closed, and now you post the exact same thing here?

Was there any point?

Tbf, if he wants to post his rantings ("it's noooooot jealousy, honest, I just hate England as does the rest of the world") and bs in the match thread it's not a problem. Just didn't see the need for a separate thread. Though I'm beginning to wish he wasn't posting his nonsense in here.

You opened a thread, which was duly closed, and now you post the exact same thing here?

Was there any point?

Evidently not

I try every 4 years (well nearly every 4 years) to explain why poeple in the UK outside of England don't support England. But the blinkers are always on, and the arrogance is always sky high unfortunately.

The normal resposne is "**** off" unfortunately

if it's in the sun it must be the view of everyone in england right smallclone?

The sun isn't the only culprit though is it?

And it isn't only newspapres.

Its force fed to us

England

England

England

But the idea that this annoys some people is just brushed off as jealousy, bitterness and trolling.

It just couldn't be anything else could it.

Evidently not

I try every 4 years (well nearly every 4 years) to explain why poeple in the UK outside of England don't support England. But the blinkers are always on, and the arrogance is always sky high unfortunately.

Mainly because we dont care. We're not asking you to support us are we? Its not our fault that shops in other countries want to sell England merchandise and talk about Englands progress.

Hey, english people....are you afraid or not?

Not. Because If we win, then great, it could spur the team on. If not, it could kick them down a notch and perhaps lower expectations next tme which will only be a good thing.

The sun isn't the only culprit though is it?

And it isn't only newspapres.

Its force fed to us

England

England

England

But the idea that this annoys some people is just brushed off as jealousy, bitterness and trolling.

It just couldn't be anything else could it.

And what exactly are you hoping to achieve here? What is it that you want us to do about it?

Evidently not

It's normally "**** off" because you presume you're speaking for the rest of the UK when you're not. My jock mates don't hate England, any more than a good natured rivalry. And I'm Irish, but cheer on the England team. In fact I cheer on all the UK teams, although small-minded individuals like yourself make it more easy to want to give up cheering the UK teams (just as the jingoistic England fans make me want to give up cheering England on in fairness).

Mainly because we dont care. We're not asking you to support us are we? Its not our fault that shops in other countries want to sell England merchandise and talk about Englands progress.

You don't get it!!!

They don't have a choice. Its British tv, British newspapers that should be covering British news. But its England football. everywhere.

Evidently not

english people supporting england.. shock horror :eek:

So shops in other countries are selling England merchandise, so obviously there's a market for this and people are buying them.. Can you not see any holes in your argument?

english people supporting england.. shock horror :eek:

How dare they!

Evidently not

Wrong and Wrong Dont expect other home nations to support us especially those from egg chasing backgrounds ;)

But if you don't like football why come in here and spout all this nonsense if you don't want to get flamed?

I actually agree with smallclone to a degree but you can't blame the English fans for the English media, that would be unfair.

Everything just gets blown up out of all proportion, this is a game football. If England go out life will carry on.

He's right. The reason the rest of us Brits don't support England during these things is because of the sheer arrogance that comes off supporters, the team and the media. Nothing to do with jealousy (just showing you are more arrogant with saying that). Great, a British team in the World Cup - now don't be so arrogant and full of yourselfs over it and be realistic - might get a few more Scots/Welsh/N.Irish or whatever hoping you do well. The newspaper headline's say it all.

And what exactly are you hoping to achieve here? What is it that you want us to do about it?

Just 1 person to say:

"yes, England are overhyped. I feel sorry for the people in scotland, northern ireland and wales who have to listen and read about an awful, overrated football team every 10 minutes"

cue copy and paste

You don't get it!!!

They don't have a choice. Its British tv, British newspapers that should be covering British news. But its England football. everywhere.

Shock horror England is part of Britain and more people want to hear about Englands world cup progress than Wales or Scotlands players on their summer holidays :confused:

Just 1 person to say:

"yes, England are overhyped. I feel sorry for the people in scotland, northern ireland and wales who have to listen and read about an awful, overrated football team every 10 minutes"

It's all about England because the Wales, Scotland and Ireland world cup news is pretty short.

why hasn't this smallclone guy been banned yet?

He's really trying his best to annoy people

If we banned annoying people the forums would be a very lonely place.

Shock horror England is part of Britain and more people want to hear about Englands world cup progress

more people in Wales and Scotland?

erm no

yet my license fee is wasted on the team england hype.

how much did that lovely studio cost in cape town? FFS

why hasn't this smallclone guy been banned yet?

He's really trying his best to annoy people

Hang on, he is entitled to his opinion. He shouldn't be banned becuase the majority of you don't agree with him.

Archived