Anelka sent home after outburst

JB

What a **** up Domenech is!

Anelka swearing at him is absolutely nothing compared to the dictation of line-ups and formations by players such Henry & Ribery (if the rumours are to be believed, anyway).

What an absolute mess France are in.

Quite the diplomat, Anelka :D

It's a bit silly to just blame the coach tbh. He's not on the pitch, the players are. And they have shown very little will or desire to win. Just like England yesterday.

That's completely the coach's fault. He's the one selecting who goes on the pitch.

He's not playing though. When the players can't be arsed, you could have the best coach in the world and the team would still not perform. Tactics can only get you so far. If there is no spirit, you will lose. The players is more at fault than Domenech, imo. Though he seems to have lost the dressing room, which also impacts things.

having watched the first two French games, I really do wish Ireland had made it through :( France were always going to do nothing at this World Cup, the players don't like the manager and I guess they couldn't give Blanc his chance before it

at least Ireland might have made a game of it against the teams they played, France just look like they cannot be arsed at all. Surprised Anelka just didn't wait until they were out to be honest, but he'll probably still get into Blanc's squads if he continues his international career

He's not playing though. When the players can't be arsed, you could have the best coach in the world and the team would still not perform. Tactics can only get you so far. If there is no spirit, you will lose. The players is more at fault than Domenech, imo. Though he seems to have lost the dressing room, which also impacts things.

Isnt that when a manager actually, you know, manage? When you cannot get the team spirit,get your players motivated and instill a team ethic or will to win in the players?

Isnt that when a manager actually, you know, manage? When you cannot get the team spirit,get your players motivated and instill a team ethic or will to win in the players?

I agree he did seem a bit passive on the sidelines. But my point was that it's really the players who are not performing here. Domenech could order them to do this that or the other, but if they can't be arsed, no command from him is going to win them matches. It just looked like they didn't care. Players like that should play much, much better than they did.

The manager is ultimately responsible for the outcome on the pitch. You can blame the players for not being arsed, but I blame Domenech for selecting these players. If you can't motivate them to perform, then play someone else. It's not like France are short on talent. He had the luxury of leaving out Nasri and Benzema.

If France had any balls, they should have fired Domenech right after the Mexico game and let an interim coach finish the last game.

The manager is ultimately responsible for the outcome on the pitch. You can blame the players for not being arsed, but I blame Domenech for selecting these players. If you can't motivate them to perform, then play someone else. It's not like France are short on talent. He had the luxury of leaving out Nasri and Benzema.

If France had any balls, they should have fired Domenech right after the Mexico game and let an interim coach finish the last game.

Thierry Henry? Seems to think he has the credentials...

Domenech criticised his performance or you, was doing his job at half time and Anelka called him a 'son of a whore' or something. So not a fan of talking it out then, what criticism was it, why did you think he was wrong ... this is not how you react.

Sure they probably should have binned Domenech already but he's the Manager so this it's pointless doing this at half time.

Still shouldn't have done it IMO. Domenech had done him a service by starting him in France's first two games, in first ever World Cup. Regardless of if the manager is or isn't any good, he must have some kind of respect for the team and the nation. In doing this he's shown nothing of the sort.

Whatever you say about Domenech, this is poor on Anelka's part.

Domenech is a clown!, he deserved begin treated like that. I dont know why he is still in charge of France. I hope they end out of the WC so they fire him. I liked watching France before.

PS. he reached WC finals last WC because of Zidane.

Stupid from Anelka really, the World Cup the pinnacle of a players career and he gets himself sent home for an easily avoidable comment.

Having said that you can totally understand why he did it because Domenech is an absolute joke, but he should have kept his mouth shut.

According to ESPN Soccernet Anelka and Ribery both want Govou and Gourcuff dropped and want Henry and Diaby to start in their place.

According to ESPN Soccernet Anelka and Ribery both want Govou and Gourcuff dropped and want Henry and Diaby to start in their place.

Who died and made them the gaffer? I don't care how much of a tool Domenech is, players should shut the hell up and get on with it, they have no right to 'demand' line-up changes.

Whatever you say about Domenech, this is poor on Anelka's part.

So, in short, this. :thup:

Archived