Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I think that the chance to have a place of birth, like players and staff do, should be added. It's just cosmetic but could be a good addition.

Also, the ability to choose more than 1 favorite team. Because I'm from Barnsley, but I support Newcastle. I still want to be associated with Barnsley in-game though.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure it's been covered, but I would like to also say that we should be able to give individual oppostion instructions to their subs at the beginning of the game.

An example being in my recent game with Liverpool, I would have told my defenders to tightly man-mark him if he was to come on. As soon as he came on, I went to change my opposition instructions, but in the time it took me to click and start to change, he had already scored. Perhaps this could have been avoided through a pre-game instruction?

Guest Lee Scott 23

I'd like to have a mode where all the players attributes are kept hidden, and on the players screen it only shows their stats from the games they have played in the current and previous seasons... surely irl a manager doesnt have a list of attributes given marks out of 20 for a player he is after, this would then make sure that managers buy players who are playing well, instead of those that have good stats but aren't performing very well.

I love the confidence idea - but it needs a bit of tweaking and i think more interaction. For instance it would be nice to have a sort of meeting with the board and to ave comments on my performance etc.

Also i would like more transfer interaction. Some times i feel like i have pulled off a massive deal, and all i get is "fans excited" etc. Which wouldn't be the same as perhaps having some questions about the signing or perhaps more reaction in general.

I think it would be interesting to add a welcome messege at the very first day you take a team, with some information about the league you're going to play or about the club.

Something like last winners, traditional favourite clubs, the way the squads like to play traditionally in the country (More defensively in Italy, and more attacking in Brazil for example). Record managers or famous players.

Or something like information about the way B teams or Reserve teams are managed in that places (In Spain or Italy B teams or "primavera" squads are more like youth squads, while in England they're a reserve team where are mixed unfit senior players with youngsters).

I'm thinking about bringing information in the game already like records, rules, favourite players in front of the action in the beginning of the competitions or whenever in news or media messeges, to give more interaction and realism to game.

Well the game is called Football MANAGER, whilst its nice to have total control it does kind of leave the aim of the game being able to do a billion things such as input into Stadium expansion.

But IDK, I would like to have input into things like affiliates, BUT that said, having feeder clubs of that class would make the game too easy.

Perhaps once you reach a certain level in the game you can become a Chairman/Manager, Invest your own wages into the club. Because the current salary is useless, so why not make it accrue in your managerial bank account.

This would make negotiations over a new manager contract/bonuses etc more interesting as the goal would be not just to win things but to earn as much cash as possible.

A small feature I would like to see added is an extra option in the filter menu in the squad/tactics screen to hide players that are not needed by club. This is much more useful in countries where you only have a first team and a youth team.

In the game I have been playing recently I put all my players who are not needed in the U19s as they get in the way when I am picking my team but I am finding my assistant manager keeps offering them new contracts. I do have the option selected for my ass man to offer contracts to the U19s but I would have hoped that he wouldn't offer them to players marked as not needed.

So basically I am stuck with the choice of leaving them in the 1st team which makes managing the players a bit un managable or risking them getting new contracts in the U19s. I don't want to de-select the option for my ass man to offer contracts to the U19s as it is easier than analysing all the youngsters myself.

1) the opportunity of having foreign feeder clubs from lower divisions than top division to be feeder club for non-top flight teams (eg. belgian second/third tier club as feeder for english champinship/league 1 side)

2) the opportunity to upgrade feeder teams stadium/training facilities/youth facilities.

3) the opportunity to be player/manager at a lower league club and be able to pick your position (max. of 3)

I would like :

1- More media comments before the game (As it is frustrating to say the same things like xxx will be up for this game and we will have to match them etc..) More options are definetely necessary.

2- I dont want to comment about an ex player that left my team 5 years ago before each game,each season.

3-I dont want to make a comment every week about the transfer status of a player that is in my shortlist.( If there is truth in the rumors to buy him)

4-When you go on a holiday and you choose Apply for JOBS, i dont want the game to apply for the same jobs even you reject for 50 times already.Its quite boring.

5-Definetely more options on improving the stadium, some visuals on the stadium should be great.

6-More financial opportinities to make money.

7-More details and variety in scout reports.

There is only one major issue I have with FM08 which has me cursing at my monitor evry single game. Please SI I beg you to implement some kind of "Advantage" rule into the game engine. Countless times I have been fouled but still managed to break away from the infraction with nothing left but my player about to go one-on-one with the goalie, or my extremely skillfull winger leaving some wingback who over commited in the dust and is in the process of a clean breakaway when the freakin assonine ref stops the proceedings for a foul when in real life the clear advantage would have been given.

Also, if possible please tweak the offside call where players who have nothing to do with the play are being flagged when they aren't even near the ball (in real life isn't a player called for offside only if he touches the ball or interferes with the goalie)

I know FM08 isn't Pro Evo/Winning Eleven but these changes would bring so much more realism to an already exceptional game/sim.

I'd like to see two things:

1) Relegated clubs more prepared to sell off their best players and those players being more willing to leave their relegated club

2) A halt to the lunacy whereby players who pick up a knock complain when they're substituted. The other day Flavio, one of my striker,s was injured early in the game and his condition immediately fell from 90 percent to 65 percent. So I took him off and the commentary said "Flavio doesn't look happy about that". He was crocked. What else was I supposed to do?

Testamonials should definitly be in the game as so many have said. I'd like to see it where you can select a squad of retired players, or players that have left the club, as well as current squad players.

Eg. West Ham could have a testamonial for a player and the manager gets the likes of Di Canio, Rio Ferdinand, Tony Cottee etc... back to maybe play 45 mins.

Also, why aren't matches ever postponed due to the weather, especially in lower league games?? If SI are talking about realism then this definitly has to featue in FM2009.

1)Managers to have their own style in the tranfer market like arsne wenger buys youngsters etc...

2)SI to look atleast watch preimer league players instead of just making guesses about their stats i.e ronaldo flair 14 finishing 15 bendter finishing 18 composure 18 as u can tell hes cleary world class IRL allready.... the list goes on

3)a revamp of DMF and sweepers i do need an answer on this from si do u no what a a deffensive midfielders job is B) a sweepers job is cause they are crap thers no point having them on 08. they just stay in the position u put them in. sweepers dont cover the back 4 on FM08 its just another way to fit in more centre backs and deffensive midfielders are ment to cover the midfield

Right now in the transfer suggestion screen,you can only change and withdraw offers.

But a transfer centre should include 3 sections

1.Scouting and player search-All the scout reports and the player search tab should be in here.

2.Own club players-This section is where we can right click on any players tab,and put him on the transfer list

3.Make/accept bid-as same as the current transfer centr

Technical Gameplay:

1. Finding a team yourself to offer to the board as a feeder club.

2. Ability to scout a whole team at the press of a button i.e. a button next to 'Manager Interaction' of another club for example. Assigns your scout to watch say 10 games and look at reserves (obviously particularly useful when managing a small club, to scout the reserves of say a Premiership side for good loan signings, but also when searching for the next Pato / Robinho from some Brazilian team for example)

3. More attributes for the player's stats: "team talk style - passionate, non-committal, tends to blast players etc"

4. Ability to search / scout for a squad player or backup. i.e. specifically someone who would not mind playing 2nd fiddle to the main goalkeeper / left back (Wayne Bridge being a perfect example)

5. Removal of "XXX faces former manager" EVERY time you play his new club.

6. Surely having to pick a squad for the World Club Cup, it is in Japan afterall, can't just call up a replacement...

7. Making the Assistant's team-talk feedback page easier to navigate to after a game, perhaps put it in the Fan's reaction News item after the game?

8. More realistic movement of Managers (Arsene Wenger's never going to be Man Utd manager!?)

9. Staff / Players having "disliked clubs" and "disliked personnel" meaning they'll never go to a particular club. At present it's only the "fans" that seem to have any kind of "say so" in this: "AC Milan fans worried about potential signing".

Regular Gameplay:

1. Halftime in Extra-time team talks, yes yes, THEORETICALLY they're supposed to just swap ends, but when does that EVER happen?

2. More "passionate" options for team talks: "let's get out there and really do them in this half!", "what was that? pathetic!!" etc.

Technical Issues:

1. When running the game in non-fullscreen, not requiring the attributes screen to have scrollbars to see all the attributes of a player.

This was from a few days ago:

Originally posted by Ter:

We read the forums a lot and especially so when it's coming up to the time where we decide what is going to be in the next version of the game.

For example, ideas mentioned now are not going to make it into the next version of the game (unless it's already going in) as all that stuff was already decided a while ago so it may appear that suggestions aren't taken on board as they wouldn't be in the game for a couple of versions.

I'm sorry for the people who say a new feature could be 'sponsors'. I don't see it as a new feautre at all, its got nothing to do with football...only marketing purposes in real life, all we need to know some kind of sponsor exists like it does not and that the club gets paid for it, nothing else, thats just my opinion.

I would love to be able to make how ever many

line-ups as you want. Say, in the carling cup, you want to field a young side, instead of changing it completely, you can select a heading that you earlier made called "reserve team" or something. just so you dont have to keep changing the line-up. icon_cool.gif

what do you think???

Originally posted by england2110:

line-ups as you want. Say, in the carling cup, you want to field a young side, instead of changing it completely, you can select a heading that you earlier made called "reserve team" or something. just so you dont have to keep changing the line-up. icon_cool.gif

what do you think???

already in fm08 mate...

go to the tactics screen and go to 'edit selections' bottom left, you can then save your selection as 'league cup youngstars' or whatever tickles your fancy and then select that lineup whenever you like but going to 'team selections' and choosing the appropriate one...

Originally posted by alexweapon:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by england2110:

what do you think???

already in fm08 mate...

go to the tactics screen and go to 'edit selections' bottom left, you can then save your selection as 'league cup youngstars' or whatever tickles your fancy and then select that lineup whenever you like but going to 'team selections' and choosing the appropriate one... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This gives me an idea...I don't know why this isn't in FM 2008, 'A' and 'B' team for your first team so you can see who is in your B team so that way you can see who can replace a player in 'A' team if someone gets injured, under 18 team is not useful because they are no where near as good to your first team.

I think a great addition would be a record of u18 and reserve games. For example after season x i can't go and look back at the stats for season x for particular players. Also if a player wins a reserve league title of u18 cup i hink it should appear in their records. Also like myself if you manage your reserves and u18's i think in the manager history there should be a separate section for reserve and u18 games managed and goals scored etc. Also in the your achievements any reserve or u18 titles or cups you've won.

It would be a great addition as you can look at players previous reserve seasons and see the improvement or not.

I would like to be able to recall players from loan once I take over the team. I have a bunch of players at loan at Inter and if I would be able to recall them, I would be able to sell players that I do not need for some 10-15 million and buy a great player insted of having bunch of players on loan that I am never going to need anyway.

Its nothing big, but will give players option that I am sure many of them would welcome.

Originally posted by DoctorSt:

I would like to be able to recall players from loan once I take over the team. I have a bunch of players at loan at Inter and if I would be able to recall them, I would be able to sell players that I do not need for some 10-15 million and buy a great player insted of having bunch of players on loan that I am never going to need anyway.

Its nothing big, but will give players option that I am sure many of them would welcome.

the players that have gone on loan though may not have a 'can be recalled' clause in their loan deal, meaning you can't recall them, just because you've suddenly arrived at the club...

because i can't edit my own post for some reason...

Regular Gameplay:

1. When you've already qualified for something (say from group stages of Champs League) playing your reserve team, then if you get beat explaining that you played the reserves because you didn't want to risk the stars. They do it in real life (and get slated for it) but still, when you've already qualified for something and then lose the final game that doesn't matter and it comes up on your board confidence at the end of the month as being "unhappy with the loss to XXX" it's annoying.

Why not scrap news and have 2 new things

One is FM.Com-which will be like a in-game ticker/website,which will keep the days news,and will open,whenever processing stops.

The other is a FM-Zine type of thing,which will contain stat of the league,and a expert column(tipping the match winners,scorers,who will go up/down,win the title etc.)which will change throughout the season

Player Interaction for 2nd Nationaltiy

Say Joe Bloggs leaves an English club to play in Spain for 5 years.. hes now got the chance to gain Spainish nationality.. would be good if you are the international manager for Spain, you could approach him to play for Spain

Given the number of people who post on here and in the bugs forum about problems that arise due to their anti-virus interfering with the temporary files FM creates, I suggest you put a pop up warning that appears just before a player starts a game suggesting that they disable their anti-virus software when playing FM.

Not sure about the legal issues with doing this but it would be a lot more useful for people to find this out before rather than after the damage is done.

I've got another idea for realism.

I play as Man Utd all the time, lets say i'm playing Chelsea in my next match, the media say I am slight favorites since i'm playing at home.

Now...lets say I play a very weak side because 6 of my 1st team are injured and I lose 0-3, I should not get stick for it...especially from the fans or the board or anyone...they should see that I fielded a weak side, this should be in the next FM.

Btw...can we have the guys at SI reply to peoples ideas from time to time in this thread, it would be great so we know our ideas are being read, thanks.

a nice little feature for transfers would be that you can give people tours of the ground and training facilities, making them want to come to you, dont get me wrong for some players you wouldn't need to do this as they do want to play for you,but for players that aint to sure it could make there mind up if they got a good impression from the club as a whole.

what you guys think?

Youth camps! definitely!! good suggestion!

More varied team talks, especially at HT. 'Dont come back if you play like that again' ha.

The manager overview! I would love for that to be adapted to all teams! You can see individually who is there top scorer, they'r future matches etc, why not on a overview like that?? I want to be able to see all that in one page like we can for our team.

Originally posted by PhilJay:

The manager overview! I would love for that to be adapted to all teams! You can see individually who is there top scorer, they'r future matches etc, why not on a overview like that?? I want to be able to see all that in one page like we can for our team.

You can already do this, have a look about the other teams managers section, I can't remember how to do it off the top of my head, but you definately can because I accidentaly set my homepage to my rivals overview.

You should have some record of how much money is being made through club shop/food bars in stadium/people renting out function suits is stadium/half time raffle tickets (if club has such a thing)

obviously all this would go under one heading however

also, occassionally a message saying something along the lines of "player x has requested a day off training to do an advert for company y" and depending on form etc you can decided wether or not he's allowed to go, not letting him can have negative effecty on morale and opposite for letting him go

As an extention of this, having players go to signings in club shops, doing work in school against racism/sectarianism etc

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilJay:

You can already do this, have a look about the other teams managers section, I can't remember how to do it off the top of my head, but you definately can because I accidentaly set my homepage to my rivals overview. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ah yes. Duh, ive seen that too :/ Wish it was easier to access!!

Season XI and all time XI should be accurate.

Also, more stats of any kind would go down well.

Additionally your board should reconsider your transfer war chest at the start of every window, both increasing/decreasing as appropriate

Something that just occured to me which needs a small but necessary change is to do with the scouting.

Overall I think the scouting tool is fine but there are just a few points I feel need addressing.

1. When I have two scouts scouting the same nation why do they not work together to not follow the same players? I'm getting sick to the teeth of cancelling scout reports on players I have already dismissed as not good enough.

2. Following on from above I would like the game to not allow scouts to check out a player they have compiled a scout report on a short while ago. There's no reason why they may not go back to look at that player six months or a year later, but not next week. Currently I am sure they do as I have had occurances of having a player scouted that I have just brushed off as not needed.

3. Whilst searching for this I found someone talking briefly about scouting directors; a staff member who would be in charge of organising your scouting regime. This would be a marvelous idea. If your club is not big enough then why not have just a chief scout. Currently we have just scouts, surely one would be more important.

Thanks.

not sure if this has been said here before but i mentioned it a few FMs back. i think they should have a single friendly game kinda thing on the main screen.

like the play now sort of thing on fifa where you can pick 2 teams to play each other in a single game without having to play them in a season. this way you can look at the team and how they play before deciding if you want to manage them. players wouldnt have injuries or be unfit so you could see them play. you could have 2 human controlled teams so you could play against a mate or something.

of course this could be adapted or changed or used with another idea but i think it would be a good feature in the new FM.

Originally posted by g-baby:

starting off as a under 18's, 19's, 21's or reserve manager. getting your rep as reserve manager for cheslsea

similar to this, when managing a club team, i would like the occasional offer to manage that country's (or my own country's) national under 21's side, or under 19's, or whatever

just it's a lot more realistic than managing both senior teams

Archived