Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.i would like to see when players retire there to be a leaving ceromony

2. dramatic music after winning cups and celebrations from the players after winning

3. make the game more relistic than a few dots running around maybe have 3d players

4. players doing relistic things getting in trouble out side of football etc drink driving, fighting

5.players exprecing themselves more about how the feel about training, the players, the manager

6. get rid of the player playing against his old club as it comes up even 7 years later

7. more players interaction keeping them happy

Originally posted by Nomis07:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by vicente123:

Ronaldo was caught with avram grant.. and so on...

I always had my suspicions about those two. icon_biggrin.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol, naughty boy's!!!! However it is only fantasy :D

Youth players being sidelined from football due to other committments

For example Jack Wilshere in Arsenals academy wouldnt have taken his GCSE's before the game starts(He is 15), so he should have a couple of weeks break for exams

Testimonials

Wouldnt take muchto implement, but would be a great feature

Lap of Honour

The game after you win the title, the team you are playing against could do a lap of honour for you, which could be skipped

Misconduct

Obviously only for regens, like the bad alliteration(shocking Simmons etc), but for things in tabloids too.

Loan players out as part of transfer

So I can offer £10mil + (player here on loan) to get a player I want

e.g. £10mil+Adam Johnson on loan for Micael Dawson

More options

More choices for media/player interaction, including team talks

More skins

A couple more choices of skins, even if they are just darkened (or slightly altered) versions of other ones.

More as I think about them.

Originally posted by kevinM182:

Just a little novelty thing which i thinkd be enjoyable is that before you substitute a player on, you could tell him to go warm up:P

dunno why i want it, just seems kinda fun

It's already in the game I think?

You could do it in Total Club Manager too I guess, but it's indeed funny cause then you can play the asshole manager by letting them warm up the complete match and then bring them in for 3 minutes or send them back to the bench again!

icon_smile.gif

verry nice icon_razz.gif

it certainly would add up realism to the game.

Along the lines of the levels you can set yourself when you start a game (Unknown, Ex-international, etc) Why can we not have those tweaked to a little more realistic

For example

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>

<LI> Sunday League Manager

<LI> Newly-qualified

<LI> Jobbing Coach

<LI> Recent Ex-pro

<LI> UEFA 'A' Licence holder.

Instead of what we have currently.

One irritating tedious bit of the game never mentioned is the arranging of friendly matches. It may not take that long generally, but sometimes I'm repeatedly getting turned down to play a match for no reason. Therefore it'd be nice if the game told you which teams were willing to play in a friendly match on a particular day, so I don't have to keep being rejected to find out.

I want a more understandable finances view. When I am under my current wage budget, I can often sign players for a higher fee than I have available in my transfer budget. Then I just need to select Adjust Budget and the transfer is completed. I would like to know the maximum amount that I can actually use for transfers.

I would also like to get rid of unwanted players more easily. Sometimes, teams aren't interested, even at 0 cost. Also, very often the players reject offers even though I have put them in reserves and set status to "not needed by the club".

I am also hoping for a faster game. Sometimes I have to wait over a minute when pressing Continue. Also, when I press save it takes too long imo to save the game.

There should be more options available when communicating with individual players. If they become unhappy and refuse to discuss a new contract, you should be able to try and win their confidence.

Support the getting rid of unwanted playersthings and the choice of sponsors!

It would be great if you could suggest to renew the team kits. Or that you could give your advice about the building of a new stadium!

another thing is that there are better reports of the youth players.

i would like to see an attacking and defensive formation. e.g chelsea und jose mourinho played with a 4-5-1 but as soon as they had the ball they went to a 4-3-3.

i no farrows and barrows help in the positioning sense of the players but i wolud like feature sayin

defensive formation -.....

attacking formation -.....

Guest Malky\'s Man Boobs

I agree with the lap of honour, maybe a pitch invasion too, for cup winners etc.

More in-depth media section, like more opportunities for the media to "interview" you...

versions of other ones.

It would be great if you could have a clear view about injury's as well. Most of the time, you only see that they have an injury but you could follow the whole process up. Is he getting better. Maybe more dangerous injury's that might be the end of a career. Suppose that Giggs has a tough knee injury and he wants to quit with football because of the danger, it might be great if you could talk with hem and convince him to play further or to offer him a place in the staff.

And I agree with the 'interview you' option.

Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Thats a great idea and would be particularly useful when selling to bigger teams than yourself.

One Idea I would like to see implamented would be the ability to send coaching staff / scouts to work with your affiliate clubs.

Parent clubs:

As you could send a few coaches to improve the training level at the club which would improve the prospects of your loaned players improving more. Scouts could also be used to improve the quality of the youths coming into the club.

Feeder clubs:

Would benefit from a better quality of coaching at no cost. The feeder club could also send their coaches to work with the parent club for a short while to aid their personal development and improve there attributes.

For this to work it would need the staff limits to be relaxed a bit.

I mentioned this at my post

Be able to Start A Game With Two Teams--A team and A national team

I think this feature should be included in FM 2009...

After appoint a manager and select a team, then a question should be asked that ''if you want to manage a national side'' before asking ''do you want to appoint another manager''question.

Originally posted by Naryana:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by arsenal_2111:

Thats a great idea and would be particularly useful when selling to bigger teams than yourself.

One Idea I would like to see implamented would be the ability to send coaching staff / scouts to work with your affiliate clubs.

Parent clubs:

As you could send a few coaches to improve the training level at the club which would improve the prospects of your loaned players improving more. Scouts could also be used to improve the quality of the youths coming into the club.

Feeder clubs:

Would benefit from a better quality of coaching at no cost. The feeder club could also send their coaches to work with the parent club for a short while to aid their personal development and improve there attributes.

For this to work it would need the staff limits to be relaxed a bit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agree to this, that would be splendid!

I would love to see the confidence of signings tweaked. I buy alot of unknown young players and often sign some vetren players to act as cover and to mentor the youngsters so why then do my fans critise these? For example Liverpool signed Insua in real life as he is a player Rafa thinks is one for the future, sure the appearance he made weren't great but then most young players first few games aren't, but that doesn't mean that the fans confidence in the manager goes down. But in my game I signed Pagliuca to act as cover as a fourth keeper so my young third choice could be sent out on loan and the fans were on my back saying he was a bad signing? why would they even comment on it, he didnt even play a game and was named on the bench for no more than two matches while my keeper was injured, but I think was well worth th £1000 a week wages he earned.

The signings confidece should only be for high profile or big money signings.

Would like to see more speculation to your job security too not just the "one more bad result . . . " etc that we get now, and to be approached by journalists outside of the news section by some kind of pop up message saying something like "do you have any comments to make about your job security". I think it would be good and add something different to the news items.

Originally posted by Cometdude:

What if you sign an unheard of youngster for free, bench him, but then his senior gets injured and he has to play? Then if he performs well... don't you want to be praised for such a good signing?

Trouble is, you can't have it both ways.

Originally posted by SCIAG:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Cometdude:

What if you sign an unheard of youngster for free, bench him, but then his senior gets injured and he has to play? Then if he performs well... don't you want to be praised for such a good signing?

Trouble is, you can't have it both ways. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can have it both ways, when players like fabregas are signed in real life the Arsenal fans aren't fussed until he makes an impact then a manager is praised for his ability to sign unknowns and make them stars. All I'm saying is that as a fan a lot of the signings your club makes can go virtually un noticed until they make an impact whether it be positive or negative. The only sigings that get the fans excited or angry before a ball is kicked are the high profile or controversial deals. eg Shevchenko to Chelsea

Originally posted by sheriffpatgarrett:

Has probably been mentioned before, but I reckon the AI still (despite the ´live´ tactical revamp for 08) has an advantage over us during matches when switching between instructions, mentalities etc. It takes us a minute to click our way between all the notches of mentalities while the AI spends a second!

Not having a go, just calling for a faster way to alter your tactics to counter AI during gameplay, giving people less hassle.

I think this would help people too, not wanting to tweak their tactics because of the opposition, and encourage them to actually do so (especially since there´s been a lot of debating whether tactics have made 08 too difficult etc)

Try pausing the game, then going to the tactics screen, then when you've finished, unpause the game.

Get rid of the ridiculous 4-2-4 tactic teams play when one goal down or drawing in the last 20 minutes or so and it woud be great.

Oh...and please can we stop the 30 shots to 1 match engine that lets the team with the 1 shot on target pull off a miraculous 1-1 draw when coupled with their man of the match keeper.

It even happens in AI matches soooooo regularly.

I was wondering will you be able to put in more N.I reland teams for FM 2009 such as Douglas Bridge Claudy Rovers

i do not need want them playable just to be in the game so i can easily edit it to another league

I have had a look around on the wishlist and there are some really good ideas but then there are people who may aswell just play fifa manager!!

To me i think that SI should have a look at the following there is probs more that they could do to!

1.Sponsorship- Choose who sponsors you when a deal runs out that kind of thing!

2.Better interaction with the fans(alot of people seem to want this)

3. You should be able to interact with your chairmen and have the chance that you don't get along fall out like Mourinho did! And fall out with the fans if you are doing not so good you should hear them in games shouting sack him!

4. I would like to see more African leagues and a couple more league onto the English leagues!

5. Assistant manager option- alot of people would like this but there a alot of people who say its stupid! but i think it would be very good because if you are online with your mate you coul manage his under 18's and reserves and maybe get noticed and getter bigger jobs!

6. Youth systems- see who is coming up from the under 10's or further and sign them at a young age if you think they will become good!

7.Being able to change the kits this could help merchandising sales but could only be done once every 2 years.

8. Reccomend players to other managers like with your feeder clubs or if SI add favoured personel to your manager then if someone else has you as a favoured personel then you could then.

9. Keep match engine the same a few people want this changed but i think it is fine as it is obvously its not perfect but its still brilliant for me!

10.Be able to build club shops etc. this could help finances!

11. Being able to do the clubs finaces better or employ people to help you!

12.better take overs like liverpool at the moment! or QPR,Man City...etc..!!

There you go thats my view and i still have other ideas!! Wow this was GEEKY but o well i love FM!!!

fdc123 - just to comment on 10: this is covered under merchandising. The manager wouldn't have any further input so it's fine as it is.

Oh, and 1 and 11 - again its down to the board, not the manager to choose a sponsor, accountant etc.

More manager interaction with players, board, fans, staff are widely supported.

Proberly been mrentioned before:

In negotaions to sign a player, I think an option to loan back the player to club would be good,

i.e joe bloggs, signs for Man Utd, from Leciester and as part of the deal joe bloggs spends a season on loan there.

This would be good for signing young players who while not being in the signing clubs first team plan could be in the future and it does happen irl so id though that might be a possability

I was Thinking of Having a Transfer History notes, so putting down all the bids from every club in a players career in of a note form, similar to the transfer History screen, but it stays with the player all his career.

Hope you understand icon_smile.gif

Fletch

Player Instructions - Rather than for the position and on the tactics screen put them as a section in the players profile.

Also possibly have a news item when you move a player to a different position to see if you want to change their player instrucions for playing in a different position.

I wish we could control the frequency of transfers in FM. For example have an option between; low, medium, high.

This would be very beneficial to those of us who enjoy playing long term games and want to keep the FM world as close to real life as possible. By having this option, we could for example, turn the frequency down to low and that would increase the chances of FM squads resembling those of real life squads because after a few seasons in, some of us find our selves stranded in a whole new world, an unfamiliar world with so many changes, that it's not much fun anymore.

Just a thought that I hope SI takes into consideration for future FM versions since this is what I really want the most.

Not sure if it's been mentioned in the heapes of pages, but one thing I would really like to see is the reaction of fans and club players to signing favoured personnel as coaches (e.g. for Chelsea I just added Zola - a club legend - to the coaching staff with no reaction at all, in real life this would be a huge deal, with many chelsea fans commenting on the appointment.)

Maybe we could make the FA less ******** in next years? Just been fined by the FA for complaining about a perfectly legitimate goal being disallowed, which led to me losing 1-0. What's more, they maintain the goal was offside even though the replay shows something completely different

Clowns

Originally posted by Von Muff:

Maybe we could make the FA less ******** in next years? Just been fined by the FA for complaining about a perfectly legitimate goal being disallowed, which led to me losing 1-0. What's more, they maintain the goal was offside even though the replay shows something completely different

The game is supposed to be as realistic as possible... I think that explains why the FA are *******.

Clowns

hi!

i would very much like to see uefa rules being followed...

there could never be teams from the same country playing each other until the semi finals of the uefa champions league!

as no team that have alread played in the group stage...

this is a rule of uefa and i dont anderstand how its not in the game

thanks

(FC Porto in the Champions)

Archived