Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

I have a few small suggestions:

- Goals scored during stoppage time could be more accurately represented. It seems pretty standard that injury time goals are displayed as having been scored in, say, 90'+2, rather than just 90', and I must say I prefer it that way. It can show just how late a team left it, or in a particularly eventful period of stoppage time, allow you to see the order in which events occurred without having to load the report.

- The nature of injuries suffered during a game should be accessible during a match, à la 01/02. I see no reason why anyone viewing a match wouldn't have an idea of an injury that's occurred on the pitch, so there is an aspect of realism in this addition. It's not just to quench my curiosity either -- I often substitute a player with a green cross out of fear, only find they had something rather unlikely to affect their long-term fitness.

- The ability to suggest a club for the board to consider as a feeder club. This has the potential for exploitation I'd imagine, but done carefully, I believe that the ability, although perhaps somewhat limited, to suggest a particular club as a feeder would be a nice addition. I also think the ability to request a search for a club that would provide certain benefits as a feeder, e.g. work permit workarounds, would be a good improvement.

Incidentally, I think that creating a similar thread focused on just details and touches, things that are likely to be relatively easy to implement and possibly able to disproportionately improve the experience, could be something very productive. It doesn't matter really, but at the moment the suggestions in this thread can seem a bit disparate in terms of how significant and radical they are. icon_smile.gif

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Something I've thought about but haven't truly made my mind up about is perhaps having two tactics screens, one for your team's attacking strategy and one for the defensive strategy. This idea came about because ideally I'd give every player farrows AND barrows...

That players react differently with/without the ball is obvious, but I don't think this is ideally represented within the game.

For example, in an italian 4-4-2 (with two CM and two wingers), when defending the CM become DM and the wingers play centrally, basically like CM.

I think it's pretty common in football that a team is narrower and more compact on defense but plays wider when attacking, but the current tactics set-up does not bring this option across very well.

Your thoughts?

Guest GeorgieB82

I would like to see the option to compare more than two players at a time in the comparison tool. So many times i've wanted to assess the attributes of three Goalkeepers to see which has the best all round ability.

Originally posted by GeorgieB82:

I would like to see the option to compare more than two players at a time in the comparison tool. So many times i've wanted to assess the attributes of three Goalkeepers to see which has the best all round ability.

That is a great idea! Hope that SI implements this in future versions! It should not be too difficult to implement as well!

Guest arrogantio
* Add graphical elements to signify when a player is on the ground, jumping, making a slide tackle, that sort of thing

* jumping = add a shadow, similar to when the ball is in the air

* on gound = some kind of indentation maybe?

* slide tackle = a couple of short lines on the outside of the "dot" in the direction of the slide (a bit like speed lines in comics, perhaps)

* crunching tackle = a short "blip" of light around the "dot", maybe, to signify a really hard tackle

icon14.gif

thai and viet league icon_smile.gif

able to play the lower malaysian league icon_smile.gif

have more competition and rivalry in south east asia.

update caps and coals for malaysia. annoying to see akmal rizal as malaysia's all time top goal scorer. it says hes only scored 7 goals >icon_frown.gif

show the team logos and sponsors for more leagues and teams.

club finances limit can go higher

more interviews and commentry, to make the game play more realistic

show a 'where are they now' to players who have retired and left the football scene. just for fun, doesnt have to be real =)

players actually accept bribes, and if they are caught they face the death penalty. =) that was a joke, that last one.

angry fans can run onto the field. that was another joke. =)

- A proper in game tutorial would be nice.

You could have a small made up league and the tutorial would walk you through the fundamentals of the games. For example; buying players, training, tactics and team talks could all be addressed.

- Challenge Mode

I think a challenge mode would be nice and add some extra longevity to the game. You could have just pre-set challenges such as "Save Team X from relegation with 10 games to go".

- More Multi-Player Modes

I'd like the ability to pit my team from my game in 2007/2008 against my friends team from his game in 2017/2018 in a one off game unrelated to our main games. You could even extend this to having mini leagues \ cup competition with a few friends.

I'd like to see a

"Use xyz formation" in the instruction options for going on holiday, with the standard formations available in a drop-down menu.

This would be a half-way house between the unspecified default 442 and the 'Use current Tactic' presently available.

Being able to criticise the opposition/officals more. I hate getting worked up during a game by a team that 'parks the bus' and plays for the draw, a player who injures half my squad and gets a full 90 minutes or the full back who hacks down my winger every time he goes near him but only gets a booking when it should be his 20th card of the match. You get out the match and there's no outlet to have a bit a barny, leading you to get frustrated with the game.

In a game with a few dodgey goings on I'd like to be able to comment on more than one of them. Its annoying when you get asked about a penalty you were given when every goal the oppo scored was offside.

Atleast give me an option to run on to the pitch and beat the useless ref to death with a rusty spoon.

Had a look, but sorry if these have been posted before:

1) The ability to add staff to the (or a) shortlist - found some good ones but can't afford the compo yet, got a wee bit of paper covered in names!

2) When it comes up with 'player removed from shortlist' a button coming up with it to 'keep' or 'lose' as I don't always want them off, and it would save 2 whole seconds to add them again! (a bit lazy that admittedly).

3) When managing national teams, club managers have complained to me when I've ignored their 45min requests. I'd like to be able to complain as a club manager, because it happens a lot. Along the lines of 'threaten to withdraw from future squad' or something similar.

4) The option to be able to link any player with any other player. It really annoys me that only one or two can be selected to be linked. It should be my choice, not FM's.

5) More team talk options. I despise the fact I can't set a team 'angry' at half time, and have do it one by one. If we're going to have this feature, we definately need more options because most of the time I don't want to use any of them.

Thats it. For now!

I wish that there was a whole sugegstions forum, as threads like these gets messy and a lot of good suggestions drowns during a lot of nonsense. Would be much better with a forum were each idea gets a thread of it's own. It would be much better and easier to discuss the different ideas then.

Transfers & Finances:

- More realistic transfer fees. This is obviously a popular topic so nothing special to say here.

- More options for transfer payments. It would be nice to pay the whole fee in installments, for example buying a player for 25 million Euro and paying his club in 5 installments of 5 million each.

- Removing the use of transfer budgets when playing with a smaller club. Instead of this the manager can ask the board if they can provide the money necessary for the transfer bid or (like in contract offers) he can have a limit on the money he can offer for the player depending on his chairman's confidence in him or just his sick mind.

Scouting:

- The ability to scout for a player with a similar style of play to one of your current players, in case you're about to sell him and you need a proper replacement

- The option to tell the scout to report only highly recommended players, not a bunch of "decent" and "not worthwhile" ones

Youth development:

- Have a second youth setup. There should be a U16s/17s (depends on the country you're playing in) formation in every club, playing in the respective U16s/17s league. This way you won't end up having around 40 talented youngsters with most of them hardly playing a game during the season.

- Researchers should use wider PAs even for famous players in order to make their future unpredictable in every new game.

Pre-season/mid-season friendlies:

- The option to train in a foreign camp with several options for a country - like Pego, Palma de Mallorca and Tenerife if you'd like to have your winter camp in Spain. There you should be able to arrange friendlies with teams using the same camp for their training.

- The option to have a special home friendly match every season in order to present the squad for the new season to your fans.

Media and interaction:

- Press conferences. The logical connection between different questions in it isn't necessary which should make this feature easier to implement.

- Media questions on more topics and more options for an answer, it gets boring pretty quick now

- The ability to praise/criticise your players personally, not using the media. No-one IRL would use them for criticising!

- Much more transfer speculations

- Speculations about under-pressure managers

this is a massive thread, I'm guess every possible new idea has already been discussed, I just think the more interaction the better, its what makes the game for me, that and the stats, so more stats and more interaction, thats all I ask for

how about an option to ask coaches "who should tutor this young star?" who would be the player to bring out his best?

i like the idea of the assisntant telling you where you are going wrong in matches too.

a more detailed match report so we can decide fairly on "controversial descisions".

the ability to make something happen when you RIGHTLY criticise a ref for a bad descision.

ability to ask scouts for the best player to replace "outgoing player".

more realistic transfer fees. no more paying 50m+ for one leg ponys who couldnt hit water if they were standing on a boat.

I hope that it isnt late to wish something:

1)First I would like that you make Football manager for widescreen monitors to make picture cleaner on them.

2)When i buy some player from lower league i would like that coach doesnt say he isnt good for us because he doesnt know it.It should take some time for coach to judge him and his judgement should be on his performances.

3)Skin should be better with nicer background

4)On beginning you every manager should have press conference where press should ask him his opinion of the start of the season,who will be captain,which formation he prefers,and much more with more options to reply.

Thats all from me,i am hardly waiting new Football manager to come out and i hope that i wont be dissapointed-take it on higher step please

Thanks

Here are a few ideas i have

The Board

This aspect of the game sucks, and you guys at SI probably know it. It needs fixing.

- If the club has a Director of Football he should actually do something (just one of many possible examples).

- Okay perhaps it's an english thing but you do know that a Chairman isn't a dictator right ?! Atleast in Swedish clubs we can elect new chairmen without a takeover (this is usually done at the yearly meeting, although the usual thing is that the current chairman gets re-elected)

- Chairmen accepts to many crappy bids for players i have no plans on "giving" away. This happens when a clubs reputation isn't high enough and even though you are set economicly the Chairman feels a need to sell players for coffee-money.

- On this note, Chairmen (or the board in general) need to have Ambition!, if the chairman of my club has the ambition of making it to CL (again just one possible example) and establishing the club at that level he wouldn't give away players for nothing.

Please remember that a modern football club is like a company (at pro-level offcourse).

Coaching staff

Stop relying on reputation so damn much, how many coaches you are able to sign is just one example. It's not decided how famous my club is but by how much money is available in the budget (this is decided by the board, has to do with money, ambition and so on).

Transfer system

- The transfer fees in FM08 are waaayyy to high, I shouldn't have to pay ridiculous amounts of money for a players that would probably go for less in real life.

- One no should be enough, okay i develop a young players in my club and he starts playing well. The player attracts the attention of other clubs, they end up making a bid that i get offended by and refuse. I get a new call and i say okay i want x-amount of euro for this player (i say this amount to all clubs who ask). They back down (not wanting to actually pay for the guy). Next transferwindow (or whatever) all clubs collectly develop amnesia and starts with the lowballing once again.

My point?, make the others clubs remember what i want for my player, don't ask me what i want for him as a work around just look at the sum i gave you last time i gave you one.

Editor

- Now all of us know about custom db's and alot of people use them (basicly the si-db with updated transfers and stuff). These db's become quite large and more than one person work on these unofficial db's. Please support this as it makes your game(s) more playable and more enjoyable for a longer period of time.

Now to what i want, please implement a diff-system. Lets say this existed for FM08, i start of with the FM08 8.0.2 db and make a number of changes. Instead of saving only being able to save the entire db i should be able to save the changes into a diff-file (you don't have to call it that but thats what it would be basicly). This diff-file would be alot smaller and i could pass it on to another person who is working on the same db, that person would load this diff with the editor and basicly it would make all the appropriate changes into his 8.0.2 db. This would be an awesome feature.

- This wish isn't really that important but it would be fun if you had the ability to create a custom league with the editor.

League development

- You guys are way to stuck on keeping the status quo. In real life leagues reputation does grow. This is a thing that would make the game alot more fun in the long run.

- This could not be done without also changing prize-money and so on when the league reaches certain points of reputation. This is realistic and you know it (if a league has grown more money is likely to be invovled, it's simple logic)

These are the ideas i can think of atm.

Mostly everything written here is spot on. Please consider these

I just wanted to add something to my wish about the League development, specificly prize money/tv money.

In real life the deals with Premier League, Serie A and so on that has to do with the various TV-licenses are in contract form (atleast it is in Swedish fotball). This contract runs out after specific date. This needs to be added to the game, it would work like the sponsorship thing in the game but for the league instead. Now lets say you start off a game with a shitty tv-deal (due to the fact that the league you're in isn't very intresting) now let also say that after 20-30 years of playing in this league it has developed. The TV-deal offered would probably be alot better than the one you start off with. This allows leagues to grow (again makes for more fun gameplay in my book).

I can't think of any reason to not include this feature in future games, it wouldn't impact people who only play short games (5-10 years) very much only people like me who enjoy longer games and would love the challenge of turning a shitty little league into a respected league. Okay there are features i would work on before i would get started on this one but i would absolutely put it on my todo list if i were you.

Being able to criticise the opposition/officals more. I hate getting worked up during a game by a team that 'parks the bus' and plays for the draw, a player who injures half my squad and gets a full 90 minutes or the full back who hacks down my winger every time he goes near him but only gets a booking when it should be his 20th card of the match. You get out the match and there's no outlet to have a bit a barny, leading you to get frustrated with the game.

In a game with a few dodgey goings on I'd like to be able to comment on more than one of them. Its annoying when you get asked about a penalty you were given when every goal the oppo scored was offside.

Atleast give me an option to run on to the pitch and beat the useless ref to death with a rusty spoon.

Totally agree - I've just had a game where 1 oppo player has crocked 2 of mine -no booking.

I personally would like clubs who win promotion to the premier league to be given 60m or whatever it is that they get, this is because it happens in real life and should be implemented into the game in my opinion.

Also clubs that get relegated from the premier league should get parachute payments for 2 seasons like real life clubs do.

I think it would be good to add these into the game.

I personally would like clubs who win promotion to the premier league to be given 60m or whatever it is that they get, this is because it happens in real life and should be implemented into the game in my opinion.

Also clubs that get relegated from the premier league should get parachute payments for 2 seasons like real life clubs do.

I think it would be good to add these into the game.

The problem with the payments is the teams dont get them all at once in one huge chunk. Derby didnt get a portion of the 60M last season until after August. How they would impement that Im not sure.

I'd love to see an option whereby you can create a manager, or takeover another 'real' manager like myself and you take over their reputation, relationships and of course job,

would love that feature people say it would be too 'gimmicky' but i personaly think it would be great i also feel they need to add something like this as after you've did a good few seasons you start to get bored and when you've won everything there is to be one with a smaller team there isnt alot of excitement they need to add something more that will keep us hooked.

Here's my take (these things may have been mentioned before, but it can't hurt to repeat them)

* Less inflation. A few seasons into a FM08 game it's impossible to purchase decent players without having to spend almost all of my transfer budget on one player.

* AI clubs should be more careful with their cash. Too many times have I seen the computer splash the cash on some mediocre player. Probably goes hand in hand with the inflation problem, though.

* AI clubs should be able to look at the whole of their squad and find weaknesses that needs fixing. If the defensive players are weaker than the attacking players, make the AI manager more likely to fix the defensive faults by purchasing a new defender.

* Better regens. I have yet to find a young superstar regen like Ronaldo, Messi, etc.

** Individual development curves (f.ex. approximately at which age a player will peak, for example). Would of course be affected by quality of coaching, youth academy, etc. Not all players would follow their "predetermined" development curve if their conditions are less than good

** More appropriate stats for their positions. I've seen way too many regens with stats that doesn't mach up to their position.

** Better physical skills, and make it possible for players to bulk up (many RL players bulk up quite a lot between the age of 18 and 23)

** Add the possibility of getting a Messi. A brilliant young regen that reaches a very high level of skill early.

* Make it possible to mould your youth players more.

** If a player has stats that are better suited for another position, shouldn't it be possible to retrain him to natural in a new position, as long as he's young enough?

** Make it possible to both add and remove PPMs through manager-player interaction. This would of course not be instant, and could fail in some cases, but I would like to be able to have more control of how my youngsters develops.

* Make the scouts smarter by weighing his stats against the scouted player's position instead of just looking at the PA/CA. Currently (unless I'm mistaken) a 180 CA defender with horrible defensive stats will have a higher star rating than a 170 CA defender with better defensive stats.

** For a DC: Marking, Tackling, Jumping, Heading, Strenght, Anticipation, Positioning would all be worth more than for example Finishing and Composure.

* Make the game more moddable. Make it possible to modify/add/remove leagues, competitions, countries, etc.

That's all I could think of right now

-The ability to edit leagues mid-way through games i.e getting rid of pointless leagues when you realise you're never going to manage in them.

-Players requesting (to change) their own squad numbers. Gary Roberts of Ipswich asked specifically not to have the Number 32 because he said it made him look fat!

I agree to people saying that we should be able to say things to players during games. Example: I am manager of Cameroon and I can't get my players pass the ball to my star Eto'o. I've tried all kinds of target man supply etc. I should have chance to say ''hey, just get the damn ball to the only player here who nows how to play, damnit! Yes, Eto'o!'' :D

Please, please, please can tactical changes operate faster than player substitutions? How many times have we all seen the message that the opposition has gone 4-2-4, adjusted our defensive tactics accordingly only to sit and mentally (and occasionally physically) scream at the fullbacks to get goal-side of those marauding wingers who snatch the vital goal at the depth?

As someone who has played two 50+ season games in the last few weeks I have a few suggestions.

Media interaction is boring - you end up answering the same things over and over.

Not enough regens with 15+ determination (especially GK's) - this is probably the most important attribute IMO.

I want to tell my youngsters why they are going on loan - to get more experience, put them in the shop window, cut the wage bill etc.

I want to tell a player that he was subbed to save him for the next game when he complains.

When I make a player unavailable for transfer after getting 20 bids for him I do not want to get another 20 enquiries for the same player - I AM NOT SELLING HIM!!

Better youth development - be able to sign players at 11 years old and train them until they are ready for U17 matches

First team/Reserves/U19/U17 leagues

Postponements and abandonments like we used to have and with that would come intelligent re-arrangement of matches (i.e NOT 4 games in a week when there is a 2 week break in the fixture list soon)

Get rid of things like "Player X needs another 3 goals to make 25 league goals for team Y" -- we don't need the 25 and 75 marks for starters and if one of your defenders were 3 goals away from 25 goals you would see the same message for about 3 years!!

Only have 50, 100, 150 etc landmarks and if a player is ONE goal/appearance from it.

I'm sure SI know the count for player records is off - message saying player X has played his 300th league game for the club when he has played 301

Realistic transfer values for MY players - when I'm the BSP for example most of my players are rated good/leading league 2 or league 1 players but still only have a transfer value of 22k-24k but my hot prospects (potential to be good L2 players are valued at 250k when they are not quite good enough to get into my first team.

4-4-2 being more effective

15 year olds playing full internationals for the likes of Bermuda, Monserrat, BVI etc is not realistic

The ability for the expectations to change.

What I mean is that say you take over and underperforming club half way through a season the expectations should be changed rather than stay the same, becuase you could save a big team from a relegations scrap but becuase the expectation was to finish higer you still get the sack regardless of your achievement. This has happened to me many times.

A separate manager reputation for every country where we train. If I train in Hong Kong Premier league and I achieve a 'national' reputation then I can't have the same 'national' reputation if I go to train in England, where possibly no-one will know me.

Right. Let's start with stuff that I would not like to see in future versions of the game. At least in a state that they are in in FM07 and 08.

Chairmen selling players. They can't seem to get it right, 80% of scenarios that involve this are daft and it adds absolutely nothing to game experience. I'm playing FM08 with Notts County and my chairman just accepted a bid of £1m for my striker... from Nottingham Forest. What they of course also failed to acknowledge was a 30% sell on fee which meant that they actually got 100k less than his value for this player. So the club earned about £700k which I now have to spend on a direct replacement. Make this feature work or get rid.

Tedious media items. Player X set to meet former club. Notts Co set to sign some hopelessly useless player whom I have scouted 2 years ago to unmask his attributes. Manager X says Player Y needs to be stopped - Media reckons player Y needs not to be stopped... Aargh. I don't want to read this carp. I really don't.

Team talks. Again, make it into a proper feature or get rid. If I have to talk to my players to get results at least add some more options. And make more suitable options available for certain situations. When I'm 3-0 down at HT, what use is it if I tell my players that I expect nothing less than a win? Why can't I just be angry instead?

Sliders for tactical adjustments. But that's a part of a much larger issue that I'm going to write about further down the post.

Then the things that need to be improved or revamped.

Board Confidence. While useful, it's annoyingly broken. Lose the new signings bit or make the fans understand the difference between established players and future stars. Make the board expectations - reactions consistent. Improve the match confidence bit so that the fans' view is not that simplistic and they could actually consider the strength of opponents when making judgements on results.

Match engine. Still too many daft things happening. Why do my central defenders think it's a good idea to start playing one touch pass and go triangles... with my GK... in the midfield? Why does my defensive minded midfielder constantly stop when in possession before doing two 360 degree turns and losing it due to inevitable pressure thus gifting a high quality chance for the opposition? Why can't the players have a bit of a mind of they're own - when my midfielder has through balls often he should still realise after putting 5 straight passes to my right winger out of play that this might not work and perhaps trying passes through the middle would be more successful? Why can't strikers spot obvious runs? I could go on but since I think all this has been covered already I'm not going to.

Tactics, tactics, tactics. The system is confusing, complex, unrealistic and most of all, unintuitive. I've found myself watching more and more matches on full length, which is good since doing that I'm usually been able to spot obvious weaknesses with my tactics. But when I go to the tactics screen I often have no clue how to solve my problems. My players are all holding on to the ball, can't spot a pass, can't get strikers involved. Right. What shall I do to solve it then - 5 clicks less width, 2 clicks less time wasting, 3 clicks more tempo and set the strikers two clicks less attacking. Oh so intuitive all this, isn't it. It's quite obvious why newcomers struggle with this game. Plus there's no explanation on what half of the settings do. How does width work, is it the willingness of players to pass through wide areas or is it just the way players stand on the pitch? I know it's the latter because I've watched hundreds or thousands of matches but is it obvious to new players? Similarly, what does mentality actually mean? What does time wasting do? Why isn't it comprehensively covered in the manual? I can go in the Tactics and Training part of the forums and read hundreds of theories on most of the settings and I'll still be none the wiser in the end. If you're going to have a system that complicated at least make the functions of the sliders clear for everyone - through the manual, ingame assistant manager, however possible.

Morale. Professional football players are not twelve year old schoolgirls. When I bollock them after an awful performance, even if it was away from home, they shouldn't be throwing their toys out of the pram. Even when unhappy, a class striker should be able to finish a high quality chance, bad mood shouldn't increase the occurence of daft back passes or own goals. Morale should not be that fragile nor should it have such a huge effect on professionals.

Finally the things that I'd like to see in FM.

More player interaction! When one of my players is acting the **** I want to be able to have a 'nice quiet chat' with him. When they're unhappy about something I want to have tools at hand to help me solve the situation. A 'wrong' media comment can get a player seriously upset but as it is there is nothing you can do after the damage has been done. Real life managers like Sir Alex Ferguson are respected and adored by the players that have worked with him - that's not achieved by him saying 'player X is the first name on the team sheet' to the media or signing their favorite staff. I want to be able to communicate with my players, just like real life managers do.

Asking for specific feeder clubs. When I need a feeder for work permits there's no use offering me a connection with an Angolan second division team. If there are no suitable clubs available then just state that, I don't want to create numerous useless connections over several years to finally be able to get the one I need.

Responsive User Interface. I know my computer is a bit outdated. I can accept that as such it shall take longer to process fixtures, save or load games or compute the results of my matches. However I can't accept that it takes four clicks on a button to make it respond, that it's a nightmare to drag and drop players on the tactics screen and that such sluggishness often results in undesired substitutes. 'I still don't believe that the manager really wanted to play outfield player X in goal' says the post match comment. Of course I didn't, you fecking plum. But since I had to make seven clicks for the dragging to work I accidentally selected a wrong player for the position. Which begs the question - why can't the game warn me when it's obvious that I've made a mistake? Just a simple dialog box asking 'are you daft or something' would do.

I think that's just about enough for today.

i hate it as well when your linked with **** players on your shortlist but i guesds it is the games way of making it like reallife by linking you with players you have scouted ect.plus i would like the option to be a chairman and be able to have more options to ask the board ect more money for 1 more player ect.

plus please change the bit that everytime a goal is scored in the box the players complain it is offside i hate that it happens every game with me.

Not sure if these have been brought up but my mistake if they have.

Matches being postponed due to weather. You see it happen all the time irl so why not here. You don't exactly see all Scottish div 3 teams play all there games without some being postponed.

Energency signings. Sometimes you play games with youth keepers. But what happens if you have to use hopeless greyed out players in goal. You see teams make emergency loan signings sometimes so why not make it happen in FM.

Well, the holy grail for this football simulation game is the ability to include ALL leagues, Football clubs (Amateur as well), ALL professional as well as semi-professional players and well known amateur players in the world. That would result in an estimated 2 million players (at the very least) being loaded in a huge database.

Moreover, the AI would be a lot more smarter as well and there could be infinite possibilities in the changing of formats in the football competitions if one were to play the game for more than 5 or 10 seasons. For example, the Champions League format has seen quite a number of changes in the past 10 years. Hopefully, the AI will be "smart" enough to do this at "random" as well in the far fetched future.

Moreover the use of advanced 3D match engine would also push this game to the summit of greatness as well.

Media interaction too could be improved greatly and I see great potential here as well. AI managers will be more tactically brilliant as well to counter human player's tactics.

Of course, we would not be able to see these improvements in the near future because of technical and programming limitations. But maybe in 15 or 20 years time, these things would be a reality.

Above all else that I want - please, please, look at tactics.

The current tactics system simply does not make sense. It's bloody impossible to find logical reasons behind tactics.

As it stands, I just don't know what my tactics do, and why they do it. I seem to win a lot though. So I just leave it be and enjoy it.

Forgot one other thing:

Top players rotting in the reserves when they get to around 33/34

In 2012 in my old game the likes of Drogba, Cavalho, Ballack, Lampard, G. Neville and Carragher were all stuck in the reserves.

In real life these players would have left to play for mid table Premier sides or good Championship teams

Probably due to the fact that attributes fall too sharply when a player hits 31/32 - IMO only physical stats should drop

technical stats should not drop - Beckham would still be able to take great free kicks when he is 40 but he wouldn't be able to last a full game

We will never see the likes of Teddy Sheringham playing in the top league in FM

how about after each game, there should be an indepth report from a coach about how the game went like if your team won- they can analyise in depth on how you won and what you did right but if you lost a game- the coach can go in depth on the areas where the team lost the game and what changes are needed to improve the team. I don't know if this has been brought up before and if it has, i am sorry but any feedbac would be good! :D

Not sure if these have been brought up but my mistake if they have.

Matches being postponed due to weather. You see it happen all the time irl so why not here. You don't exactly see all Scottish div 3 teams play all there games without some being postponed.

Energency signings. Sometimes you play games with youth keepers. But what happens if you have to use hopeless greyed out players in goal. You see teams make emergency loan signings sometimes so why not make it happen in FM.

Good thinking there mate :D

Sugeestion for parity when playing multiplayer - search functionality

A person who does lots of searching for players using anything other than the search function has an immediate advantage over those players who only use the search function.

For those that don't know, those that only use the search function will only find a limited list of players.

I think that there should be an option where any player that is looked at by any player automatically becomes "tagged" so that he can be returned from a regular player search.

This will negate the advantage of those people who search club--to-club or by nation or those who infuriatingly take ages to search in this way in order to gain the advantage over their opponents who may have less time to play.

Things i would generally like to see in football manager 2009, which would make the game a bit more realistic, are

1) a 'Undisclosed fee' transfer button, we see this everyday in real football with many people guessing the players' transfer fee

2) a bit more variety, in fm08 for example = chelsea sign maxi rodriguez and arsenal sign adrian mutu .......... bit boring whern this happens all the time

3) a bit more variety of media coverage, an example could be = whats your relationship with the chairman ? etc

any other thoughts ???

( sorry if this thread has been made millions of times )

Things i would generally like to see in football manager 2009, which would make the game a bit more realistic, are

1) a 'Undisclosed fee' transfer button, we see this everyday in real football with many people guessing the players' transfer fee

2) a bit more variety, in fm08 for example = chelsea sign maxi rodriguez and arsenal sign adrian mutu .......... bit boring whern this happens all the time

3) a bit more variety of media coverage, an example could be = whats your relationship with the chairman ? etc

4) In real life you can 'buy out your contract' ... so lets say real madrid offered 40 mil + 12 mil to pay the rest of his contract out so manchester do not loose as much money ...... if you catch my drift

Archived