Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

Not sure if these have been mentioned (can't be arsed to read 42 pages icon_smile.gif)

1. Interaction with the Ass Man during the game (i.e. ask his opinion on the game, subs to make etc).

2. The ability to scout individual clubs - surely this is something that happens in real life isnt it icon_confused.gif

3. Testimonials for long serving players - I reckon that would be a cool touch to add icon_cool.gif

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One feature I've come to realize would be useful is to be able to see a history of team talks and their effects. Lets say history for the last 10 matches so that you can perhaps spot some sort of pattern as to what talk works more with specific players.

Less injuries,

Less being linked with players,

Less Crap feeder clubs

More youth players

More realistic transfer market

Better Club hirerchy (sp?)

Better Youth systems

Better manager - board interaction

Better Scouting

Ability to scout clubs

Ability to set up training camps in forigen counries

Ability to give som players xtra training goals, i.e. inproving passing etc.

Ability to shedule xtra events to raise moral

Hi all, I'd like to see the following:

Clubs changing logos and away kits

To have the power to change the design or colours of your kits and logo's. (Or have a say in recommendations from your chairman).

3D match engine

New match engine with pins as the players instead of circles.

Videos introducing tournaments

If anyone has played cricket captain, they will understand what I mean. At the start of a tournament (i.e. Champions League) to show a video of the trophy and a preview of the tournament. I think this would build up the atmosphere and increase realism.

Feeder Clubs

The ability to negotiate your own feeder clubs. This would be good as 'you as a manager' may have special links with another club.

Improved stadium expansion + facilities

To go more into depth with these aspects of the game.

Post Match Interviews

To have the option to answer a series of questions after the match (to either match of the day or skysportsnews would be good). Or if you cba, set your assistant to deal with this.

Youth gen

Much more hairstyles and faces for youth gen players

I have unlimited ideas on this subject icon_smile.gif

We all know what is happening behind the scenes at liverpool is a total farce but the fact is it does happen.

I believe is should be implimented, I know there is that troublesome time during takeovers but i mean like liverpool. Where owners fall out.

It could severely effect team morale eg.

'player is concerened for his/the managers future follwing board unrest'

'wants to leave club due to board trouble'

'believes the board are to blame for teams poor season'

And the media could come to answers from you, where you can say

'im purely focussed on my team and not off the field matters'

'What happens behind the scenes is none of my business but it is damaging the team'

'I am furious at the board and demand they sort the situation out of i am leaving'

And depending on what you say your job stability could suffer.

feedback welcome!

Youngsters should have more variable potential - as in occasionally a Messi will join some random club whom nobody knows of until he starts scoring triple figures. Newell's Old Boys isn't renowned for its Youth facilities compared with other Argentine clubs and it wouldn't be had it not been for Messi.

More interaction with just about everyone - players, managers and the board. More variation in responses. Too many responses are lose-lose situations like criticising referees.

Grey teams, obviously.

Position happiness - Henry is clearly unhappy playing on the wing. Some strikers on the wing would prefer central roles. Benzema hates being put on the wing. And so on.

Players at Youth level should bond more readily as they are sociable at that age. Jonny Evans of Manchester United cites his brother Corry and a bundle of others as his favoured personnel, yet the newgens come through with apparently only friendships with the coaching staff and occasionally me.

Players hounding the ref after a bad decision would be good. Oh, and I have only had one bad decision in my current game and couldnt comment on it! There sould be more referee mistakes, and referees like Uriah Rennie, etc. should be more prone to making them.

Also agree with the youth system thing posted by AIK. icon14.gif

Sorry for the double post, but just thought of something else.

If you want to sign a player for the next season when its, say April, and you don't have any transfer budget remaining, you could ask your board to take the money out of the next seasons budget.

For example, I am looking to sign Luis Jiminez as for the price he is fantastic value, yet I have no transfer budget. The likelyhood of him not moving before I have money is slim so Im going to miss out on him. Im not a poor club. So you should have more flexibility with transfer budgets.

I'm new always been a big fan of Soccer Management games (wish AFL had a version). But been looking at other games like NFL Head Coach 2009 and they have a great feature. Not sure if it has been put out there yet but an indicator of player familarity to the your tactical system. Maybe a simple bar metre would be adequate.

Showing, for example, how tactically adept are new players and their progression within your systems. And the lower the tactical familarity with your system the more they will "not come deep", "not overlap when on offer" and continually be slightly out of position. This would also give more possibilities of players becoming "busts" in the wrong system. So that people can no longer go out and by all the best players, but they have to think, "Will this player fit into my system".

I know this happens somewhat at the moment behind the game but I believe it would help people get closer to understanding your player and there prefered system they enjoy playing in.

Further it would push the AI to find the right place for a player. For example a flamboyant, highly gifted player prefers an attacking system so therefore will want to get into the Real Madrid or Barcelona (or La Liga team) type system and won't really desire to go to a Chelsea (but will if no other offer tabled from a prefered team).

What do you guys think?

This being Football Manager I would really love for each club's history to include a tab for the club's managers throughout history. Something like a listing of the manager, their tenure, and their overall record and greatest achievement.

If there's some problem with including actual manager names this would still be a great addition to just the savegame history to see how you stack up.

More proactive transfer offers. I retrained Lulinha as a striker and shipped him off to Valencia on loan. Lulinha finished the season with 21 goals, 17 in La Liga finishing I think 5th overall top scorer and Valencia's top scorer. Valencia ended up on Lulinha's favoured teams. Now in real life, if Valencia loaned out a player who ended up being 5th top scorer in La Liga and liked the club, they'd try to sign him, but instead they let him return and I never heard from them again. If teams were more proactive in trying to sign players who had that team on their favoured teams, it would be good.

Automatic enquiry replying would be good, too. So to stop teams from enquiring about a player 50 times per season. For example, you can set Lulinha's selling price to be 50 million pounds so anyone that enquires automatically gets a reply, and you only get a notification (rather than an option to reply).

Scout reports on potential loans out would be good, too. If I loaned out Jonny Evans to Sunderland, for example, my scouts would tell me that he would be a key player for them and the best centre-back at the club, ahead of Leadbitter/Whitehead/etc. And perhaps for multiple positions.

Old players start "decaying" at the right age but at far too fast a rate. If a player has a CA of 180 at 29, then their CA will be about 140 at 32 and 110 at 33, which is not realistic at all. I'd prefer to see a much slower rate of "decay" but points in the physical department can go at the same rate. But the points lost should mostly begin to accumulate in the mental aspects of the game, so a 36-year-old should have about 18-20 for Decisions and 18-20 for Composure, for example. Or something like that. A peaking function determining a player's peak could be useful, so that we can see that Maldini is only starting to get worse at 39.

I'm guessing those scouts include the likes of the Under-8s and stuff, which might not be useful in terms of Football Manager.

Or it could include teams that they have agreements with (feeder clubs).

Player Intercation : 2nd Nationality

If "player A" has a 2nd nationality, it would be good as an international manager you could approach them to play for your country.

Staff Approach

Currently any club after one of your backroom staff can just essentially poach them by offering a contract direct to them. Surely an "Club A has made an approach for Staff A" transfer style option where compensation could be negotiated will be more realistic?

Player Instuctions for subs

As well as more team talk options, it would be better if there was an option to give the same style prep talks with any oncoming subs

Hostile Takeovers/Foreign Owners

With situations like that at Liverpool (power struggle), Man City (the Sven saga), Gretna (suger daddy pulling out, leaving club in debt), QPR (huge investments) becoming some of the main talking points in todays football, surely this should be reflexed more in FM09

From what I have read (not all 42 pages though) it seems like we all want the same thing... more options. The same 3-5 options for team talks, media response, player interaction, etc is getting very lame. The game as it is right now seems very rigid. Open it up and allow us more flexibility. Using the feeder club point made earlier as an example: even if the club ignores our wish to be linked with 'X' club, at least we had the choice to put it forward. I know right now you can just reject the club proposed choices and ask again, but we want to feel in control as much as a real manager does instead of choice 1-5.

i would like for my coaches key abilities to not get worse unless he's getting old or something like that. It's really annoying when my set piece coach's technical ability drops from 20 to 17 and suddenly I'm not getting 7 stars. The fact that his defensive coaching abilities has risen from 8 to 11 doesn't quite make up for the loss.

Of course, if this is my fault for having given him the assistant manager job for 2 days so I could hire another coach, then forget I ever said anything.

just a few little suggestions.

1)be able to put young players i sign into youth training, at the moment you can put them in the youth team but they are trained with the rest of the squad over working my first team coaches.

2)maybe have some sort of fan rating of the players on there scouting profile or coach report so you can get some idea of what the fans think of the player

3)along with this a bigger deal made of big signings and some media message about what the fans think this says and you can comment on there role in the team( like when a player does the whole posing with the shirt thing but without poncy pictures) also bigger deal about winning things , im nottalking music or flashing lights just more build up (maybe run in for the league) and a fans excitement thing.

4) media or pundits making comments on your tactics and maybe suggestions from them as to how to put this right, eg tottenham are finding it hard to defend set pieces the manager should spend some time on this, or so and so keep getting players running in behind them a deeper defence could be thwe solution. (could be a useful tutorial kind of thing where you can set a scale to how often this happens)

5)thats the realistic one i can think of but as more a fantasy then anything id like to be able to set players up outside of there set positions on the field by some kind of slider and so the positions are more areas you want the player to cover

Just thought of this so duno wether any1 has already mentioned it....

when u criticise or praise a player why do you have to go to the media, hardly any managers criticize players in the press. there should be an option to take him aside in training or invite him to your office.

still keep the media option too, but with an option to keep the praise and criticism within the club... would make the game more realistic.

UP THE TICS!!! icon14.gif

i just posted this on another topic and it was suggested that i come here and write my thoughts!

I spend loads of "wasted" time browing the internet etc when my FM is processing, not i know that isn't time wasted, but it does bug me sometime when i suddenly realise that i have been looking at some rubbish site for about 5 mins and i had completely forgotten about FM. I would love to see a little blinker think (like that of MSN messenger) when FM has finished doing its processing, this way i would be reminded that it has finished and can go back to it!

Originally posted by WIGAN!!:

when u criticise or praise a player why do you have to go to the media, hardly any managers criticize players in the press. there should be an option to take him aside in training or invite him to your office.

still keep the media option too, but with an option to keep the praise and criticism within the club... would make the game more realistic.

This is one of the most annoying this in the game and private chats are often necessary and well overdue!

Originally posted by ald:

The option to play games at neutral venues.

This would be cool!

A Manager angry bar would be good, to show how you feel during the game, happy if winning, edge of the seat if 1-1 with 5 mins to go, angry if being outplayed. might make the players take more notice.

I dont think that would be to hard to bring into the game either.

Cheers

Originally posted by LOMAS1982:

A Manager angry bar would be good, to show how you feel during the game, happy if winning, edge of the seat if 1-1 with 5 mins to go, angry if being outplayed. might make the players take more notice.

I dont think that would be to hard to bring into the game either.

Cheers

Maybe you can click on a selection of on-screen smilies to portray how you're feeling!

like this is how im feeling now

icon_cool.gif

my post here

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/7552041104

i suggested this

I was thinking, i don't think it's in the game currently (if it is i haven't come across it), but it would be good if players had an honours list perhaps? So like i'd click on a player and be able to view what trophies he's won. It would list the trophy and they year they won it in.

This way you could see what individuals have won, if they are 'winners' so to speak. And even have some players saying 'hopes to win champions league before the end of his career' if they haven't won particular trophies.

Might even motivate certain players for certain competitions.

Just would be nice to have an option when you click on someones profile.

example for Ryan Giggs

Club

Manchester United

FA Premier League - Champion (10): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08

FA Premier League - Runner Up: 1994-95, 1997-98, 2005-06

FA Youth Cup Winner: 1992

FA Cup Winner (4): 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

FA Cup Runner Up: 1995, 2005, 2007

League Cup Winner (2): 1992, 2006

League Cup Runner Up: 1994, 2003

Community Shield Winner (6): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007

Community Shield Runner Up: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004

UEFA Champions League Winner: 1999

UEFA Super Cup Winner: 1991

UEFA Super Cup Runner Up: 1999

Intercontinental Cup: 1999

Doesn't neccesarily have to include runner-up but what do you think? Not sure if this has been suggested before?

Originally posted by cdeacon:

my post here

http://community.sigames.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/521102691/m/7552041104

i suggested this

I was thinking, i don't think it's in the game currently (if it is i haven't come across it), but it would be good if players had an honours list perhaps? So like i'd click on a player and be able to view what trophies he's won. It would list the trophy and they year they won it in.

This way you could see what individuals have won, if they are 'winners' so to speak. And even have some players saying 'hopes to win champions league before the end of his career' if they haven't won particular trophies.

Might even motivate certain players for certain competitions.

Just would be nice to have an option when you click on someones profile.

example for Ryan Giggs

Club

Manchester United

FA Premier League - Champion (10): 1992-93, 1993-94, 1995-96, 1996-97, 1998-99, 1999-00, 2000-01, 2002-03, 2006-07, 2007-08

FA Premier League - Runner Up: 1994-95, 1997-98, 2005-06

FA Youth Cup Winner: 1992

FA Cup Winner (4): 1994, 1996, 1999, 2004

FA Cup Runner Up: 1995, 2005, 2007

League Cup Winner (2): 1992, 2006

League Cup Runner Up: 1994, 2003

Community Shield Winner (6): 1993, 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2007

Community Shield Runner Up: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2004

UEFA Champions League Winner: 1999

UEFA Super Cup Winner: 1991

UEFA Super Cup Runner Up: 1999

Intercontinental Cup: 1999

Doesn't neccesarily have to include runner-up but what do you think? Not sure if this has been suggested before?

Already have it, you have to go to player history then you have to click on Awards.

Originally posted by WIGAN!!:

yes this is very true and needs adding to the next game.

a few more options with contracts and a bit more feed back from the player would be nice. so you can try and convince him that your club is right for him. things like promising him the captaincy or a shirt number or maybe the promise of certain success. just so there is the possibility of, for example, arsenal signing puyal from barca. very unlikely because of the players connection with the club, but these transfers do happen now and then in real life.

could you also add more stats to build up for the actual manager like the computer manangers have. this would add something else long term.

a few more things to say to players at half time would be good. things like you "have 15 more minutes or you're off"

Not sure if this has already been mentioned. Considering how important tactics are in this game (it’s your tactics mate!!!), I think it would be great and a real time saver to have some sort of tactics simulator built into the game. The idea would be that you could use the tactics simulator to play around with tactics (and fiddle with all the sliders to your heart’s content!) without actually having to start up a new game.

I don’t think this would take a lot of effort to set up, but would allow those players who are mad keen on playing around with tactics an ability to do so, and get an idea of how various set ups might work with different teams. At the moment I am experimenting with some different ideas that have been influenced by others here on the forums, and I find my only option is to start up a new game (which takes a while) and organise a friendly on the 2nd day and just keep replaying it with different tactical set ups.

Surely there is a better way. There, that’s my five cents.

Better Scouting Control

<LI> Restore the option to specify how long (including forever) you want your scout to perform the assignment.

<LI> Show the constraints of the assignment so I know if I specified < 18 year olds, etc.

<LI> Give me the option to restrict reports to players who are better (5 star?), as good (4 star?) or worse (3 or lower) than my current team/player. I don't want to have to hear about all the guys I shouldn't sign.

Make free kick and corner settings player based

There is very little about a player happening to be playing right wing or in at center back that makes me choose him as to "stand on near post" or "lurk outside the area". It is his skills in certain things, that dictates that.

Give me a way to list players from 1 - x that I prefer in more positions during corner and free kicks. I want to Rooney to always lurk outside the area, regardless of whether he is playing striker or left wing or wherever.

Show the constraints of the assignment so I know if I specified < 18 year olds, etc.

I agree with most of this, but you already do the quoted option on FM08. It's just a bit hard to find.

And the corner thing could work the same way marking does - an option for general instructions and one for specific players.

Has probably been mentioned before, but I reckon the AI still (despite the ´live´ tactical revamp for 08) has an advantage over us during matches when switching between instructions, mentalities etc. It takes us a minute to click our way between all the notches of mentalities while the AI spends a second!

Not having a go, just calling for a faster way to alter your tactics to counter AI during gameplay, giving people less hassle.

I think this would help people too, not wanting to tweak their tactics because of the opposition, and encourage them to actually do so (especially since there´s been a lot of debating whether tactics have made 08 too difficult etc)

Swap Positions really about positions

Currently the swap position element of tactics links the two players. If you tell player a to swap with player b, then move player b to a new position, player a still swaps with b.

Change it so that position x swaps with position y, regardless of who gets moved where.

More comments, new articles, information about what is happening - less questions of you

On the surface, introducing more questions of you by the media is a good idea. But this has been tried in many games with the same result - players figure out the best option from 1-5 to say in situation xyz, and then just click on that option again and again.

Additionally, option 1-5 is never enough variety, so you end up clicking on the same things over and over. In the end, it breaks down and is boring.

What is far more enjoyable is to see a wide range of news stories, rumors, player's interviews in the magazine of their home country, etc.

SI should be able to comb "real" news stories for tons of non copyrighted material, and apply it to an updated engine that analyzes what is happening in the game and comes up with an array of interesting news about it.

More off the pitch drama

More owner disputes, bankruptcies looming, scandals over tap-ups, etc. etc. News doesn't just have to be about what player x or coach y said.

More Graphics

Not 3D graphics (although I'd LOVE to see you guys get sold to Konami and mix with their 3d engine, it helps them, not you). Instead, more graphics in the presentation of the game. I strongly support This Post or something like it.

Registering for European competitions is a nightmare because you can't know, until you are asked to register, who is eligible. There needs to be an icon in the player status menu to tell you who is homegrown and the other one. That way we can know who to buy that is eligible for the competition, and who not to sell.

Improving the Loaning out of Players

Increase the likelihood that another team will ask to take one of your players you've listed for Loan.

Currently you have to click "offer for loan" a lot of the time, and even then it doesn't always work. This is despite me knowing there are plenty of teams out there who could use the player being listed.

Allow me to set things like % of salary, can or cannot play in cup matches as a flag, not just when I offer the player up for loan.

If I set the player as listed for loan, with 0% salary payed by the club who takes him, then I expect that 100% of the time, SOME team(s) could use him and that team(s) should make offers.

Finally, give me updates during the time he is on loan about how he is progressing. I know about the option to get reports from matches, but that just tells me how he played in a single match. I want to know, "player x is gaining experience and enjoying it" or "player x is frustrated and not getting many chances".

Tell the story of his loan experience as it happens, not just when he returns to the club.

And if I take a player on loan from another team, I'd like to see input from that team's manager. "I want you to play him more!" or "I'm trilled with his development, why dont' you take player y also?" etc. etc.

Processing Improvements

Admittedly, this is obvious but... I find that even with a powerful system and only one league in full view, I still more time staring at a screen processing games then I'd like to.

Please look at speeding up the processing of the game when the user clicks "next".

I'd like to spend more time doing and less time waiting.

rocessing Improvements

Admittedly, this is obvious but... I find that even with a powerful system and only one league in full view, I still more time staring at a screen processing games then I'd like to.

Please look at speeding up the processing of the game when the user clicks "next".

I'd like to spend more time doing and less time waiting.

One suggestion: Start processing events (transfers, games, everything that happens when I click "next" while the user is browsing. Whatever that user does (offer a contract to a player, interact with a player, whatever), just pend that activity until after the current batch of pre-processed events are marked "complete".

Make Comments about games more interesting

"Shocking", "My team are upset", "These things happen", etc. etc.

I think there is about a 85-95% chance that when you comment negatively, the "FA upset at you" counter will increment and if it is = to some amount (3?) -> you serve a touchline ban.

This could be improved. As far as I can tell, Managers in real life make comments to try to influence referees in future games. Why not add that (both an influence on that specific ref, and refs in general).

Make Comments about games more interesting

"Shocking", "My team are upset", "These things happen", etc. etc.

I think there is about a 85-95% chance that when you comment negatively, the "FA upset at you" counter will increment and if it is = to some amount (3?) -> you serve a touchline ban.

This could be improved. As far as I can tell, Managers in real life make comments to try to influence referees in future games. Why not add that (both an influence on that specific ref, and refs in general).

I forgot to add, please turn down the % of the time the FA bans you for a match. Prem managers basically accuse the ref of doing a terrible job in just about every game they lose but when was the last time they were banned for a match for it?

Pitches -

In addition to weather, pitches should be affected by other factors such as rugby, relaying, wear 'n' tear. There should be grounds with smooth pitches, those with bumpy pitches, those that stay good and those that deteriorate.

Sickies -

Staff - including the manager - should get colds, the 'flu etc. and have to take a few days off, forcing you to reschedule duties or leave the running to the assman if its the human manager!

I think it would be great if there were more world class players comming through. Im at arsenal, after 6 seasons i am struggling to find anyone that my scouts rate as any good. I keep producing "the best striker of his generation" with 7 star caoches and top facilities loaning him out and playing him, he is told he will become a decent striker or a waste of space.

Another change that would be nice is the transfer market. Everything seems to be so imflated. Marseille have just accepted a 12£ million bid for nasri, in the game they wont let him go at the start for anything less than 20. This goes all around, I seem to buy more and more average players at a higher price.

Originally posted by always_dreaming:

How about being able to pick a player for my national team because is mothers, fathers, sisters, husband, nana once took a mystery trip to that country...therefore making him eligeble to play for my team.....just like real lifeicon_smile.gif

Aid-ridden McGeady anyone?

It would be great if managers could hold a press conference about certain things that appear in the media. A press conference about sealing big transfers, about some big cup or competition wins or about bad or good performances about your players.

A good add would be if you could talk with players who have troubles with each other. Suppose that there's a fight between Rooney and Ronaldo that you could fix this immediately so it wouldn't affect the results of players.

More private talks with players!!!!

And players have a private life too. They can't play because they're getting father, they have a wild nightlife or they were caught with glamorous topmodels(just like in real life!)

More flirting between players and other teams. Ronaldo was caught with avram grant.. and so on...

And it would be nice if you had the ability to start an academy in a country like China or America to transport young talents to your football team and get extra money for the merchandise.

Make it possible to have nice tours in the world and have extra training in the pré-season. And to improve the team spirit offcourse!

Grtz

Vincent

A bit boring and merely a cosmetic thing, but how about a volume slider for the in game noise? I like to have it on, but more often than not it's too loud by comparison to whatever music I'm playing at the time, which is a bit of a pain

Volume slider in the options menu maybe?

(and yes, I'm aware this has probably been said before, but if it has one more person mentioning it won't do any harm)

Archived