Wishlist: What you would like to see in future versions of the game. All 'list' ideas in here.

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would just like to underline my above post; I assume that SI main goal is to creat FM as realistic as possible, and truly give the player the feeling of controlling his/her dream team.

Add a feature; physio, and training coaches can give a "head-up" warning if he is feeling pain, that could result in a injury.

and btw. The ratio of injuries at the beginning of a season is utter ridiculous.

Having now actually played some FM08 having only bought it a few weeks ago, a few things I would like to see going forward:

1) Media/Player Interactions:

This is still far, far too simplistic for the way in which the media is used in the modern game, and it hasn't improved since FM07. I still see this area as being the feature that could take FM to a whole new level of interaction and immersion.

There should be press conferences post-match (all EPL games now have post-match press conferences), and the options for responding should vary depending on the outcome, the prediction, and the nature of the performance.

Media predictions should be dynmaic and change during the season as it unfolds. Man Utd may start as favourites, but if it's December, they've lost 9 times and are 8th in the table, I shouldn't be discussing how they are a title threat; when Newcastle, unfancied at the start of the season, are now only 2 points behind.

There should be more options to interact with players; I would like a feature something akin to a half-year report and an end-of-year report for every player from me (the manager). This would allows me to say to an underperforming player "did ok, but must do better next season", or to a developing star "you'll get more chances in the first team next year" or "you did excellent this term, well done" and things like that.

2) Transfer system:

I don't think that prices are too over-inflated in the game, especially since there is a lot of buying of players under long-term contracts, which would be very costly (which is why you don't see as much of it IRL anymore).

The main problem is definately with the negotiation aspect; the AI is pretty clueless. Firstly, it doesn't compromise and tends to always just keep on increasing its demands. Secondly, it is duped far too easily by clauses; some of the clauses I see people set up for their transfers are outrageous.

3) Minor Interface Stuff:

There are a few areas where the interface could be tidied up a little -

Scouting: I really do need a feature to delete some of those old reports after a while. Additionally, why do my scouts keep on reporting players ranked at 3 stars to me? A feature to limit inbox reports to players ranked above a certain level would be nice.

Tactics: what happened to individual 'focus passing' instructions?

I agree that individual instructions should perhaps be separated from personal instructions and team instructions - this could potentially create another tab, but if they can be saved, it allows for much greater flexibility in changing tactics, and would reduce time spent fiddling with instructions during games.

Otherwise, I'm happy to accept new features as they come from SI, the game is still excellent, and out of the existing crop, only media/player interactions appears to have room for massive improvement for me.

i'd like to see increased non league competitions for players to join. eg - unibond

Would allow us a more interesting experience if we have Whitby Town in the premiership WITHOUT using editor. Would like to see stadium features like capacity, food stalls, clubshop and commercial one like programme prices and merchandise pricing able to be changed by the gamer. would help smaller teams get more revenue

I was thinking why don't we add a new type of staff - the agent?

It would make negotiating and everything much more realistic so not every player is looking for the same thing.

We could also have a new set of stats to go with each, for example whether he cares about money that much.

Say 1 agent could have 10 or 20 players contracted to him and you would have to go through him to get the player.

I'd like my players to act like professional atheletes and not grade schoolers. As things stand, if I lose 3-0 on the road to a team I should have beaten but most of my players form was 6 or 7, I can't tell my team that I am disappointed without suffering a morale drop. My best option is usually to say that I'm pleased. Of course, I'm not pleased and I would suspect that telling that to a real player in that situation would make them think me crazy. I ought to be able to tell my players to do better next time even after a road game. A real manager would and his players would agree that they had a bad game not have a hissy fit about it.

A few minor things that i think would improve the game for me and hopefully a few others

1, On the manager stats screen as well as having trophies and leagues won, i would like how many promotions and relegations you have had as a manager.

2, When loaning a player and the loan has finished be able to send a little report back to the manager saying how well that player has performed over the course of the loan. Also when loaning a player get the reports back on your players, and at any one time ask the manager how he is performing.

What about the option of,at the beginning of the summer, declaring who your number one transfer target is (like Inter with Lampard and Real with Ronaldo).

This could allow fans to give reaction, and the chairman to say things like he agrees with you and will do all he can to help you sign him.

On the other hand the fans could disagree with the manager's choice or the chairman could say that he is out of your financial reach and he will not give extra funds (the longer/better you have been with a club,the higher the probability of the chairman helping you aquiring this player).

This might possibly give the target a few weeks to think over the option or instantly declare his interest (or lack of it) in signing for you.

Make the game engine more reallistic. It seems that teams always score at the same time and nearly the same place. Its stupid when I go on a 10 game winning streak and go against a bottom feeder in the league and there strikers play like gods. Even after I restarted beacuse I was angry they still beat me everytime. My tactics were fine...even the ones I changed too have given me success but this is just stupid.

- Better Transfer market. I can never seem to sell decent plyers for a decent price. Greatly inflated prices on other players. Riise jsut sold for 19m to Zaragoza. Then im expected to accept a 11m bid for Van der vaart.

-Better interation with players. Tell them when they play bad and why they arent in the team. Tell otehrs that they are essensial in the team and you dont want them to leave.

-Better youth system. I have yet to find the next world class player on the game. Prehaps the option to open up academies all over the world, you choose the place, and you train them from there.

-Better scout system. Real life chelsea have 50+ scouts around the world, why am i only allowed 8? And an option for the assistant manager to maybe manage them or to filter their findings for you.

-The ability to have a private life and to spend/save wages. So that maybe after 10 years in the game at the top flight you can buy a lower league club be chairman/manager.

-different CAs/PAs for Technique, Mental,...

-values of negative PAs should change !!!

eg: PA -10 can be 170-200

better: 180-200

-trainings should change (more extended)

-easier to sell players

-just take all the good things of fifa manager

- SPEED UP the game !!!

simulation time is too long

i would like to see a part on the management were you could complain about a tackle in a match which didnt have any action taken to it and your player got injured! you should be able to say you want action to be taken like a 3 game ban or something!!

Also appealing to the fa so it works every so often never seen it work myself!!

Board interaction should be improved must be improved!!

More options on player interactoin!

Transfer talk like the bbc gossip bit a whole part just like that!

Maybe a monthly magazine which has manager of the month signings player interviews tables of leagues which you have chosen! 50 best players out side the premership! things like that!

News storys about big players being put on the transfer list etc.

my ideas I'd like in the game:-

1) There is no tactical and technical help available that gives useful and detailed explanations as to where you are making mistakes. The assistant manager should have this feature, having him suggest a formation and some key instructions pre-match would be nice and then a post match report on the game with the reasons why you won/lost highlighted in simple and definitive terms.

2) You are playing against AI that is consistently TOO GOOD at reading the game and knows exactly what to do to counter your tactics. Its that simple I believe, so you are always fighting an uphill battle from day one as there are no ( to my knowledge) varying levels of AI management competencies. I should expect a tough, tactical game when going up against Alex Ferguson for example, therefore need to be on my top technical form and be aware that he will punish any technical weaknesses in my team. Whereas going up against the likes of Kevin Keegan or Steve McLaren the AI should be tweaked so that it doesn’t necessarily react or counter my tactics because technically these managers are less likely to exploit my tactics, or even counter them if changed mid-game. If anything the AI should be more prone for these managers to make tactical gaffs.

As is the situation now , there does appear to be any deviation in quality of mangers and you are just as likely to get hammered tactically by the manager of a lower league team as you are a Premiership team, simply because the AI manager ALWAYS knows the “correct†tactic to use, and It’s only the quality of their players that is the variable on how successful these tactics are – or so it seems to me.

I'd like a more in-depth transfer system including Agents, and a more "realistic" price range when buying players, the sums that you have to pay sometimes are really over-the-top

Fans tweaking. i.e you're managing a team like F.C. Copenhagen, and you've reached the CL Group stage, you end up in group with Real Madrid, Roma and Sporting lissbon.

If you then lose to Real Madrid at their home stadion, the fans become angry and the board awell. Thats not realistic in my eyes, indeed, teams have high-ambitions, but it has to be realistic..

Originally posted by pelicanstuff:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RazingerZ:

one simple... misconduct!!

Drunk players, fights..etc

due legal issues, okay only on "generated players"

maybe? just a suggestion..

Maybe not drunk, but turns up late for training etc. Minor fights/players squaring up etc, players surrounding the ref would all be useful if at all possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Already happens - I've had a generated player miss training three times due to him being spotted out in nightclubs.

Caretaker manager should be in the game e.g. whilst your unemployed you could be offerd a caretaker role untill they find the sutible person but if you work out good you could stand a chance to getting the job

An option to have a stored tactic for when I go done to 10 men, it would be easier to just order the switch with one click rather than having to adjust positions & sliders while the game continues.

If you have a player for sale, and you offer him to a bunch of clubs.

The clubs make various bids, and you're charmen accepts the offers quoting "the offer was to good to refuse" - in my case, i was United. Had evra for sale. Had offered him to clubs for £20 mill.

Clubs offered amounts in the region of £12 mill.

chairmen accepted. I was no where near in money problem, i had £35 mill as my saldo.

Here comes the wish(es):

Warn that if the charmen does the same, you will resign.

Request full control of all transfers and demand the chairmen keeps his nose out of any affairs regarding transfers.

idea:

An option where you can contact a players agent stating that you are interested. And you wish the agent informs the players club that you are interested. And the agent can give you detailed information on player that you can use in the forseen future as to signing the player, if the club does not wanna sell.

Originally posted by Illdisposed:

Fans tweaking. i.e you're managing a team like F.C. Copenhagen, and you've reached the CL Group stage, you end up in group with Real Madrid, Roma and Sporting lissbon.

If you then lose to Real Madrid at their home stadion, the fans become angry and the board awell. Thats not realistic in my eyes, indeed, teams have high-ambitions, but it has to be realistic..

Yeah, I play Wigan and got them to CL first season - they should have been delighted and they seemed to be. But they were disappointed when I could only draw against Barca and Juventus.

In fm09 i would like to see a feature where you can set targets for players to keep them motivated through the season. For example , set a striker a target of 20 goals then they could stay happy if they are on track with their target and unhappy if they are way behind. The only problem with this is that i could see it being a unneeded excuse for a player to become unhappy

Another 'dynamic factor' I would like considered:

Media predictions, fan expectations, and also pre-match odds should be changed to reflect the squad that I actually put out on the pitch. I'm sick of the fans being completely disapointed in the fact that my youth team, with an average age of 20 lost on penalities to a full-strength Premier League team after holding them to a 2-2 draw after extra time.

Also, if my team is crippled by injuries and/or suspensions and we're playing a crunch match against a strong opponent, I should not still be favourites, because clearly half of my first-choice team is missing!

The dynamic changes to the game as they flow would help realism a lot and help to smooth out some of those problems with the new confidence system...

Originally posted by bobirinis66:

is it possible the new version fm09 to be playable in linux?(ubuntu 8.04 ?)

I think I remember SI saying in the past they won't do it as it would be too difficult and time consuming to justify it. Don't take my word os gospel though as I could be confusing it with something else.

I would like for the game to go into the arcade sense again, and become easier for the common gamers, I would also like for the game to not feel work like, it's probably just me but I miss the supposed easy feeling of si games previous

1) Backroom Staff Training

Scouts, assistant managers and coaches are able to grow consistently throughout the game. However the manager has little hold onto how they are able to grow, except by putting them into their jobs (i.e. to increase their attacking coaching, put them in attacking), and by winning leagues and competitions. I found out that my coaches grew better in defense coaching because throughout the league there are little conceded goals. However this is too tough to train a backroom staff, and there ought to be better hold and assessment for backroom staff. Plus, potential good staff is impossible to find without an editor. Because you wouldn't know that the staff has 200 potential, whereas for players scouts/coaches could give star ratings on them, giving an idea how good he is. This is rather flawed and I do hope in the next 09 football manager it is improved.

Suggestion: Mentoring is a good idea. If only top managers/coaches could offer to mentor younger coaches, and their stats grow likewise, this would be fantastic.

2) Backroom Staff Searching

Much have been given to search for players, but to search for a good staff, I had to traverse the whole search list on good staff, instead of people giving me good recommendations of reputable staff and seeing their stats. Although admittingly there is lesser emphasis on backroom staff, I do like how Man United's David Gill commending their scouts for the good work they did, credited to them in conjuction to their recent Double. What happens is that through that kind of recognition, other clubs or people know they are good scouts. This is certainly lacking in here.

And of course, again I emphasize, potential coaches are impossible to find; you wouldn't know how good they are without an editor. With lacking of search options for backroom staff, I really hope this is one of the priorities to be improved. I spent hours going through country coaches to look for good staff, and it is not helpful.

3) Players cannot play well beyond their positions

Let me explain: I found out that Cristiano Ronaldo in the game cannot really score goals. To me, this is not a stats/attribute problem. This is just how the game works: You put Ronaldo as a Winger, and generally a Winger goes up the flank, crosses the ball in and let the forwards/strikers continue with a finish. Now, because Ronaldo was programmed to be a Winger, thats what he does, and he does it well, but if all he does is generally crossing the ball and letting the forwards continue, no wonder there are no goals, but more assists to his name. However, in the real world, he scores, and scores well. Hence, my point is, his flair attribute don't really work too well; he's stuck as a Winger. Unless we put him as a striker, obviously the goals come in. In Man Utd, he scores more than Rooney even when he is a Winger and Rooney's a forward/striker.

I haven't really tried free role hence this is about all I can say. In addition, I acknowledge that there are exceptions, when I put van Persie as a Winger, he goes up to the centre and finishes from the corner of box well. And the commentator would say "Ohhh.. what a goal. Pure inspiration from the van Persie." However its only that one or two times in a season. And that cannot be when Ronaldo is Footballer of the Year.

Hence, I do hope there are improvements on the game engine at this aspect.

4) League growth

We can grow a player, we can grow a club, but if we are stuck in a lousy league, we never go beyond our league. In reality, this is impossible.

Asian football is becoming increasing popular; of course, not in Europe, but its growing. In the game, the reputation for a league is set. Hence, when Real Madrid wins the Spanish League, they have a world-wide reputation. However, when Liverpool wins the EPL, they get a continental reputation generally(only European Champions Cup drives the English Clubs into world-wide status generally).

This, can be outrightly unfair, and it has repercussions even into international management. I currently manage Czech Republic. Now, Czech Republic has players with potential, but not every one of them are in big leagues; some players are growing in Czech clubs. Now, Czech clubs don't have better training facilities and coaches than EPL clubs generally. The growth of a prospective player is limited to how the club trains them generally. In short, the player's growth can be hindered by a lack of good training, because the club is lousy. And thus, many of them dont even reach half their potential points even when they are 24 years old. This is serious, because Czech clubs are stuck, my international team is stuck with potentially good players but lousy because of lack of opportunities. So once Rosicky and Petr Cech is gone, Czech national team is over.

What do I do? Buy every propspective young players from Czech and train them myself. So my Arsenal team contains the whole of Czech national team. See how the whole situation is flawed?

I hope SI would encourage league growth in FM 09. Granted, it may seem unrealistic for a club, that a human manage, be the catalyst and the force to grow an entire league. However in EPL that is not so; Liverpool and Man Utd made history playing into European Champions Cup and EPL's ratings soared a few decades ago. And if a human managed club is beating the AI clubs, it would be realistic if when the AIs buy better players, to compete with the human, thus increasing the quality of the teams in that league.

And of course, prize money. Please let the prize money grow if possible. Leagues that have little prize money can only do so much; realisticly with inflation prize money is bound to grow within years.

Hence, my suggestion: let the leagues have an opportunity to grow. Countries as well if possible, some countries are stuck as developing.

Suggestion: How to grow? When a club beats European Champions' Cup, or continental cups, the whole league has its reputation raised. Realistic isn't it, if a Scottish Club wins European Champions' Cup. And if the runners-up are from the same country, please let the league grow its reputation and stature. Reach a certain point in reputation, grow in prize money.

Not so important suggestions

5) Improve the interface to allow user-friendliness, and even encourage girls to play.

We know there are girl fans. However after playing this game, I wouldn't recommend any girl to play unless they like technical-heavy stuff.

Okay, its unfair to put a suggestion like that. Because SI has been trying to do this over years, and some smart aleck have to come up with this suggestion. Granted, thats why its under not so important suggestion. So I only suggest, start looking at Nintendo Wii and maybe some inspiration could come up.

FM live is doing a good job for not allowing players just to wait for the match day simulation. FM live is able to make them chat as well.

If you are able to encourage girls to play this game, my hats off to you!

6) Change the name from Football Manager 09 to Football Manager-Director 09.

The idea is, if the human plays till old age, and if he has good records, a favourite of the club and experienced, let the club offer promotion to Director.

Now, Ferguson nearly got this role as mentor to Man Utd because David Gill wants his services. Its only that Ferguson is faithful to what he says hence when he retires he will have a clean break from Man Utd. Hence, this is certainly not impossible.

How I got this idea: I was messing around the data editor and, I saw that the Chairman has attributes and potential points even as players. However, real-time editors cannot edit that. How do they control the game? Well, Directors and Chairman has this attribute "Resources", and my hunch is that with this attribute, feeder club qualities are found and listed down to the human player. No wonder Arsenal don't have good feeder clubs, because the chairman has weak resource attributes. There are other attributes that influences the game, but this thread is not about that.

So, it is just possible to have the player become the Director, or Chairman. Plus, if you had good earnings as a manager in the Club, and as rich as Roman Abramovich, you can seriously be a suger daddy to the club. That's how we use our pay as a manager. Fun isn't it? Sack your managers. Scold them. If club's money is down, you get turned out by the other board members. Get paid through the managers' efforts when he helps you bring lots of money; through dividends. Manager requests to upgrade stadium, you can say yes, no, or how many seats. Wow, a whole new frontier of football management.

This is alot of work, but, if its possible, well, its certainly revolutionising.

What I'd like to see is ass. manager input when loaning out a youngster. If I have the choice, I'd send my youngster to a club which sees him as a "valuable" player because that'll usually means more playing time.

But sometimes, all the offers are from clubs that see him as "cover" player. Usually I'll put in the "call back" clause in case that he doesn't get playing time I'll call him back and just keep him in my reserves or something.

Now, I'll keep doing this trick no matter what. But it'd be great if my ass. manager could help me figure out the best place to send my youngster. Comments such as:

"He feels youngster X has a good chance of getting first team football at this club"

or

"He doesn't feel youngster X has a good chance of getting first team football at this club"

or, even with more details

"He feels player X will significantly benefit from this loan. This club has very good training facilities and will likely to give youngster X first team football"

Loans Central screen - instead of manually checking how your loaned out players from A,reserves and youth team are doing, it would be really great to have this screen, where we could check at a glance their performances. Also, it would be good to have an option to ask your assistant manager or scout about their opinion on loaned out players in general.

One more thing - I would like to see Human Manager status - list of all added/retired managers in current game. This would prevent cheating in some FM challenges.

Here are my humble requests for the upcoming FM 2009:

- In game AI is now really acceptable at least, in its peak. But out of pitch AI, such as the rival teams' transfer decisions to challenge human player in the long run still needs improving. Big teams like Barcelone happily sit on €300M cash ready in their vaults but take no significant action to keep up in squad strength if for instance human player getting his 5th league championship and reaching 5th consecutive CL final etc. AI teams suck at improving young talents too.

- Fixed club reputation (or whatever it really is, when clubs' reputations are limited by a certain level related to the divison they are in) simply kills the long-run playability in some leagues (for example, Turkey). Even if there will be a limit, that should not be as sticky as it is right now. The limit should be altered with a certain rate should the teams in a certain leagues achieve considerable continental success.

- The biggest annoyance I can see aout the 2d pitch is that too much shots get deflected off the defenders. This is due to both the abysmally poor decisions from the attackers (most of the time all they ever do is wait until a defender closes their shot or cross channel even if they have a really good opportunity to take a shot or cross. They tend to fancy their scoring chances too much too, when they have no room to shot instead of passing or running past the defenders). And the defending players are in fact like 4 feet wide cylinders rather than human beings with two thin legs. I mean when a defender can position himself between the attacker and the goal, the shot hits him almost 100%, yes sometimes the shot deflects off him towards where the shot was intended to go. But it always hits the defender. The situation is same for crosses too.

- Regen problem is voiced by many people, how they reach certain levels of ability too late, how they start to decline too early etc. I agree with this situation but the biggest problem with the regens is about these 3 attributes: PACE, ACCELERATION and AGILITY. Since these 3 can only increase till the player hits 20, or maybe 21; when combined with the really slow increasing rate of attributes and much too low original ability levels when these regens are spawned, when a certain date is reached where the majority of the players are now regens, the general pace level of the good players in the whole world becomes around 10-12. This really really needs to be looked into.

One of the many reasons of with the pace development problem is this: Ability rise is transformed into attribute rises. OK, no problem with that. AFAIK ability mainly increases with two things: natural development (throughout the age) and competitive match exercise. This makes a really suitable pattern for technical and tactical attribute development of the players but I cannot say it's the same for physical attributes. Physical attributes (the ones other than stamina, which is also can be related to match exercise) should have their own potential/actual ability levels virtually independent of the mach exercise the young players get. What I'm trying to say that, the reason for a somewhat talented winger turning out to be a slow player must not be him getting not enough competitive match experience/ability rise in his youth. A lot of young and high potential players get doomed with verly low pace attributes just because the AI cannot deal with youth development, as they do not get match exercise before they turn 21.

We really do not need any more fancy "new features", I reckon that we got enough already when crucial aspects like I tried to state above continue to stay far, far from ideal.

My wishes :

- Brazilian league should have too league stats rows. One for State league and the other one for Serie A.

- In player stats there should be played minutes.

- In goalkeeper stats there should be save% and goals allowed average.

- I would like to see more detailed season preview before new season. Something like biggest tranfers, key players and some other stuff for every team. Also there should be preseason rankings and a league table prediction.

- I would like to see maps, it would be nice if you can check from the map, where your next away game will be played.

i can recall, that once upon a time, you could "design" your own tactic..

the pitch was divided into 16 squares, and there were 2 options, one with posession, and one without.

i loved it, that i could decide where my players should be on the pitch. it was absolutely brilliant, because i felt that this really boosted the realism. you had total control of player positionong, which i found qiute nice.

other then that im tired of the ai demanding unreasonable sums, for players only worth perhaps 30-40 % of the bid, which is accepted

One thing that I have always been frustrated with in FM is when you buy a (normally young) foreign player who doesn't qualify for a work permit. When he is away in Belgium or wherever, he starts getting called up to his national team and based on that should actually qualify for a work permit.

BUT FM only allows work permit applications when you sign the player, not when he is already contracted to the club. In real life, this is the ideal situation, for example, Man Utd bought Manucho and loaned him to Panathinaikos for 6 months, and now that he qualifies for a work permit, they are re-applying. He doesn't have to spend 3/4 years playing in Greece in order to get EU-citizenship and only then return... This is quite a basic requirement for the game, and I'm surprised that it has never been looked at...

I would like to me able to save certain team/squads that I've made.

With that I'd like to play agaisnt someone else who has saved their squad. This doesnt necessarily have to be over the internet. But I enjoy playing against my friends/family so much in joint user/ network games, it would be nice if we could save our favourite teams and battle it out. I'd love to prove I was the better tactician, or to finally prove I had the better team.

Also, maybe challenges.

E.g. Its Christmas, Derby are bottom, save them from relegation

Or,

You're Liverpool boss, 3 nil down at half time in Istanbul, win the Champions League..

Anyone agree ?

Warming Up of Substitutes:

Tell players to warm up, that player will then be up to match pace. Also if it's a striker, then any players on your team on the field that are strikers either get motivated and try to score so they don't get substituted or they become upset and don't try.

Annoying Chairman:

Roman Abramovic loved Shevchenko so he bought him and Mourinho didn't want him. Chairman rarely should be like Abramovic and buy a player for you. If you don't play him your chairman get's annoyed and your confidence summay is affected. Also they should block some transfers as you can buy players for pretty much any price and would also prevent users to create another manager and give free transfers on stars.

Touchline Commandments:

Should be able to give instructions to your players without entering the tactics screen. We see managers all the time giving out instructions to players during the match.

Facilities:

Should be able to create facilities. Like Youth Academies all over the world. The big clubs in real life have academies all over the place and this helps them develop overseas talent.

New Manager:

If we get sacked from our job, the assistant manager should be touted as a favourite to get the job. Many managers recently have been giving tempory roles then offered full time contracts if they do well

Originally posted by midlothian:

I want the Arsenal researcher to be fired and someone brought in who does not think they are unbeatable supermen.

They've won the Champions League four times in a row in my last save...

Does the 'Arsenal effect' also count when a human manager is in charge? I've won in my 7 years at Arsenal the PL 7 times en CL 5 times in a row :-)

Ontopic:

I would like to see improvements in the following areas:

Media

As is said here before, the media module needs a revamp. It should be a bit more intelligent, not asking questions with the same intentions before every game, related to the game. But maybe questions related to the history between the two clubs, or players that just came back from injury (will they play or not).

National team management

Which brings me to the following, the national team management although greatly improved, THUMBS UP SI, still could become much more challenging, with a specific training module. How do you prepare a national team for a decision match in the qualifiying phase... And the media around big tournaments should be improved, asking silly questions about the history or rivalry between nations and between managers. But also particualry choices made for certain players in the selection or subs made during the match.

This would make the national team management more fun during big tournaments. Maybe if you're a club trainer, you could be asked what you think of a country's chances, or what is your favourite, and be confronted afterwards with your predictions.

Staff interaction

Another idea might be a bit more interaction with your assistent manager and fitness trainers or physios. Your assistent manager could be consulted for subs or tactical changes during the game, as physio's could give you advice once a player is injured.

The problem here is ofcourse that the game must certainly not getting too much arcade features *UGH*, but that is where the brilliant SI developers team comes in I hope ;-)

Tactics

A tactic tweak must be implemented differentiating between pre-game tactics and in-game tactics.

For example, if I tell my players from the start I want to play all out attack, they know they have to play for 90 minutes, so they will apply pressure and seek out players in front of them when passing, but not go in with all of their energy. They just search for a quick first goal.

But when I set all out attack in the last 10 mins. with one goal down, I want to see my players give every last bit of energy they have, run forward, try make quick combinations and NOT playing balls in width. But this difference is not in the game IMO. The same goes for defense, passing, tempo etc. It is different if you set certain settings before you send them on field or when the game has started.

That is all, FM 08 is a very, very good game and I've enjoyed every 46 days 13 hours and 37 minutes I played it!

I'm not sure if this has been "wish-listed" before.

In the modern football now-adays we often see managers express their wrath at the referess rulling on the pitch by raging at the 4th official and screaming from the side to the referee. Maybe it could be implemented in the FM09 Release?

ideally it shouldn't be all managers who do this, and not in every game. Mostly Derby matches in the high-profile teams around the world. Or maybe include smaller teams who also are rivals.

Also, in Champions-League if games are tight and it's really important.

I'd also like to see more focus on matches that are very important for the season, i.e Champions League games! Last Play round, and the team fighting for further progression has the focus of the media.

More HIGHLY in-debt detailed media, comments, manager interaction, player interaction.

Maybe like IRL - Press conference ?

- More to come -

Archived