POLL: What manager game would you like to see from SI?

What manager game  

262 members have voted

1. 1. What manager game

• NHL Manager 2015
    • F1 Manager 2015
    • NBA Manager 2015
    • NFL Manager 2015

After the recent Olympics, I was kind of hoping for Curling Manager 2015. :lol:

I think the real problems with a NBA or NFL title would be 1) licensing costs (which would be substantial, where EA has the stranglehold) and 2) SI's base of operations in England while both the NFL and NBA are, at least for now, America-based.

Handball manager. It's kinda big thing where i come from :)

I think your poll options are too limited. Football Manager is not restricted to just premier league, so managing just Nba/Nhl teams wouldn't suit everyone. I for one would much prefer to manage Euroleague or collage teams instead of NBA teams.

An NFL management game, of the magnitude of FM is, in my opinion, many years over due. I'm totally amazed that no-one has really attempted it. The one thing I can think is that it would A). Even though quite popular now here in Europe, the NFL is probably still most followed back in the USA so maybe software companies assume it's a limited market elsewhere. B). I'm not so sure that, generally speaking, America has the patience for this type of game. I guess they would maybe consider it some what slow and boring because of how in-depth it would be without actually seeing something going on.

EA did attempt a management type game a few years back, about 2005 (I think), called 'Head Coach'. If you can picture 'Madden NFL' meets 'Fifa Manager' - you'll get the picture how bad it was.

I say NHL since it would be great to have a new version of EHM assuming some of the old staff worked on it.

NBA, we need a good in depth NBA game but I'm not sure if SI is the job for that (no offense)

NFL, there is a former SI employee working on a NFL game for OOTP.

F1 would be great. But my safe pick would be NhL. ?

Take the game to lucrative American market and maybe some of the dumber guys in the UK will buy both FM15 AND SM15. Perhaps you could have an alternative commentary as a feature: "The GK collects it in the feedbag...Great Hustle...The Manchester offence is on fire today" that kind of thing.

An NFL management game, of the magnitude of FM is, in my opinion, many years over due. I'm totally amazed that no-one has really attempted it. The one thing I can think is that it would A). Even though quite popular now here in Europe, the NFL is probably still most followed back in the USA so maybe software companies assume it's a limited market elsewhere. B). I'm not so sure that, generally speaking, America has the patience for this type of game. I guess they would maybe consider it some what slow and boring because of how in-depth it would be without actually seeing something going on.

EA did attempt a management type game a few years back, about 2005 (I think), called 'Head Coach'. If you can picture 'Madden NFL' meets 'Fifa Manager' - you'll get the picture how bad it was.

I have heard that the OOTP (out of the park) baseball people are working on a NFL football management sim that would possibly extend down into the college game and feature drafts, possibly for 2015. And there's still "Football Mogul", which is text-based coach/general manager-based NFL action, although I haven't played the last couple editions. I believe it has accurate "real name" rosters, but doesn't have the licensed team names, but that may have changed.

edited to add: Beyond the Sideline football (2015): http://extramustard.si.com/2014/01/30/out-of-the-park-football-game/

(and they're also working on NHL hockey...)

MMA manager would be good but I'd like the British Hockey league manager like the Braehead Clan etc. and maybe have the lower leagues that include the Paisley Pirates. I have zero knowledge of British hockey but think this would be a good game as I like hockey and it would be a challenge.

Boxing Manager for me. Those options are far too limited, although i went for NHL Manager from the list, my personal favourite of the lot. But yes, boxing manager. Never been a good boxing manager sim, the boxing world is crying out for one. Or maybe its just me. Anyway, dont see that happening or SI branching out to other sports right now.

Boxing Manager for me. Those options are far too limited, although i went for NHL Manager from the list, my personal favourite of the lot. But yes, boxing manager. Never been a good boxing manager sim, the boxing world is crying out for one. Or maybe its just me. Anyway, dont see that happening or SI branching out to other sports right now.

There was a nice looking one called Ring Kings that was about on Kickstarter last summer. It didn't make but it looked to have everything you would want in something like that. Made by a London outfit. I'm hoping it will see the light of day eventually.

As someone else mentioned above, people interested in an NFL sim should try out BTS 15 from the creators of OOTP 15. Will be constantly developed and an above average game. Won't be in FM territory, but should be impressive after a few iterations.

I have heard that the OOTP (out of the park) baseball people are working on a NFL football management sim that would possibly extend down into the college game and feature drafts, possibly for 2015. And there's still "Football Mogul", which is text-based coach/general manager-based NFL action, although I haven't played the last couple editions. I believe it has accurate "real name" rosters, but doesn't have the licensed team names, but that may have changed.

edited to add: Beyond the Sideline football (2015): http://extramustard.si.com/2014/01/30/out-of-the-park-football-game/

(and they're also working on NHL hockey...)

Thanks very much for this info, I'll be watching out for any news on this.

what does soccer mean?

If this is a serious question, here is a close interpretation. When our football was introduced to America, the Americans were confusing it with their football. So, the word association, as in association football was abreviated to 'a [ssoca]iation', which became soccer.

A basketball manager game would be awesome. Never had one that was actually any good and basketball is a game that needs a lot of work from the coach.

However I'd prefer a Euroleague game than NBA. NBA is too "free", in Europe tactics matter A LOT! :)

If this is a serious question, here is a close interpretation. When our football was introduced to America, the Americans were confusing it with their football. So, the word association, as in association football was abreviated to 'a [ssoca]iation', which became soccer.

pedantry alert: Soccer was first used in England to differentiate between it and rugby; but of course he was just trying to be clever with that question

Archived