Which manager do you try and model yourself on?

Hey,

Just wondering what real life manager you model yourself on in-game?

I'm kind of a Ferguson myself. I try to achieve success with one team, buy lots of youngsters and build new teams when the old players start to age/get sold.

So who do you see yourself as?

Benitez?

Ferguson?

Scolari?

Wenger?

or perhaps a lower league manager?

I'd say a mix of Benitez (for the rotation) and Capello (for being conservative).

I also bring my own characteristics to the table ofcourse. I'm not a fan of breeding youngsters, although if a unique one comes across my sight, I will give it a thought.

I'm kind of like Wenger in the fact that I always look for 16, 17 and 18 year old to take......but at the same time, I just got the job at Chelsea and spent 69 million lbs BEFORE the summer transfer window (i was hired with 3 games to go). Grant was there before me and we are going to be the most expensive Euro Cup team EVER!!!!

sort of a cross between everyone. I like to build a strong defence and midfield before consearning everywhere else and this is where all my experiance is.

After that i look for a flair player who is as gfood as if not better tghan the players i have and build a flair team.

Kevin Keegan - Seriously.

By this I don't mean by having a managing director signing all of my ****ing players behind my back, I mean high-scoring attacking football and the philosophy that I will concede loads but as long as I score more than the other team I'll be alright, plenty of 4-3 and 5-4 wins are in the mix but for the most part when I win I hammer the opposition, but when I lose I'll generally get stuffed.

It's the way I've always played CM and FM.

wenger. and it worked...

stubborn in the transfer market but will allow important players to leave, rely on youth development, buy only players of the same nationality, can't take losing, can't win a european trophy.

This is me also, except that i spend a lot.

However, I also can't take losing, and i can't win a european trophy for nuts!

well atm (actually i think ive broke the game lo) im sort of like paul jewell cant win a single game always concides goals all the players i buy are a load of rubbish and struggling even against lower league opperstion in the cup!, 3-0 down to sherwsbury in the league cup inside 10minutes with QPR :-(

I try to take the same approach as Wenger. I look for bargain buys, definitely always looking for youngsters with bright futures. I focus hard on strengthening the club's finances...at the moment I'm managing PSG and my goal is to leave them a title contender but at the same time with a healthy bank balance, no debt.

I found myself in a real Wenger moment the other day. I was entering the last year of my contract with PSG and thanks to my good work with the finances in the years before, I was granted a nice transfer kitty of 12m. My unltimate goal from the board was to be a title contender by the end of the three year plan so I figured, "I've got the money, I need to go all out to get me where I need to be." Well sure enough I made one big signing in a much needed area, but there was still one more position I felt like I needed to strengthen so as I was about to throw down 10m on a very good wing-back (28 years old), I thought to myself, "If I sign this guy then he's going to take playing time away from this kid that is already decent, but he looks to be on the verge of becoming a good player." Well, I'm more than half-way through the season and I'm in 3rd fighting for the title, the kid has become a good player, I saved 10m and things are looking good.

The Wenger in me paid off.

Archived