Did Welbeck mean it?

jmr

Did he mean it?  

217 members have voted

1. 1. Did he mean it?

Look at him, look at how he's positioned, his foot, where he is looking, him falling to the ground, the colour of his shorts. Of course he meant it. Heres a question: What else was he meant to be doing? Controlling it? And then what, after he's fell to the ground, doing the worm into the net.

I think he meant.

looked to me like he tried to control it with his right, shielding it from the keeper and slotting it in with his left.

he knew it was in when it hit him tho.

He was going down, why would you try and control a bal when your balance is going. He knew he would not control it and just aimed to get a goalbound hit as most strikers would.

Whether he was lucky it went in is a more valid question but no chance he was just trying to control it.

I can't tell tbh. If he did mean it (and I'm leaning towards believing he did mean it) then it's a brilliant goal. I'm not his biggest fan at all and wouldn't have been bothered if he wasn't called up, but he's really impressed me so far. Glad he's proved me wrong.

He was going down, why would you try and control a bal when your balance is going.

Eh? His balance is only going because he tries to backheel it in :D I'm pretty sure he meant it and it's definitely more deliberate than that Bergkamp goal against Newcastle at any rate. People's perceptions are being clouded by the fact that he's looked a bit rubbish so far.

Archived