FM 2011 true fans rating

FM 2011 fans rating  

624 members have voted

1. 1. FM 2011 fans rating

An average FM 2011 rating by internet game press is close to 90% ! Wow, FM11 must be a strong candidate for "the game of the year" title! But, well, when you read those reviews you'll find out that e.g. the flaws of the game lowering it's score down from 100% are for example: "Interactions still feel a little robotic", "Stats presentation can become irritating", "Snowfall during matches obscures the action", "Multiplayer still an afterthought", "Default skin's news feed can get a little confusing"! So now, you know who write those reviews and rate those games. Nothing about the real issues we are all consious of.

Let's then rate the game as it trully deserves to.

And please: rate the game and not it's hypothetical potential and, if you are able to, please, don't let your emotions [irritation] speak through you :-).

"5" from my self for a start.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I give it an 8. I had a great run with FM10, so I try to see what changed to the better, and in fact, some things changed, like the ME and transfers/contracts negotiations. On the other hand, I'm still not a fan of the 3D engine, so I use 2D, so the 3D improvements aren't a factor of rating for me. The player interactions are worse IMO, they're very confusing, and it takes SO long to tell somthing so simple as "you've been playing very well" or "I want you to tutor that player".

5. Love the game, can just about live with the bugs but (getting worse as I get further into it), fed up that it's the same cycle of release/patch/patch/decent game.

As others have stated I think I'd rather have a Bi-Annual release cycle and would prob still be willing to pay a decent amount for just a date update (with maybe a few tweaks?) on the "off" year. But I also understand that it's not soley down to SI on that, just a shame that it feels like they are losing touch a bit with the FM/CM community.

I gave it 9 best FM yet I think. I have had issues with crash dumps when using created leagues but for the normal game I love it, I have not experienced the transfer bug in any of my saves so far and it is slowly draining away my social life as always.

possibly the transfer issue. AB when you telling us about your career over the mad house

I am guessing transfer bug and maybe the player interaction might be the reasons just curious to see what they say. I will be posting a career once I can sort out the xml issues from downloadable leagues that make my game crash with New Zealand loaded.

looking forward to it. If people managed LL then transfer bug wouldnt affect them as much is how i see it at the moment.

Cheers. I voted high and in 6 seasons at Sunderland and 2 at Liverpool I never noticed any unrealistic transfers at all. Guess I was just lucky.

It's still THE best football management game though!

Ok sure some big players leave for low amounts and is a bit unrealistic - however, in my save i'm Everton manager as a 31 yr old former sunday league player - is that realism??

6. I prefer FM10 still, but the ME on FM11 looks awesome. Sort the transfer thingy out, let me actually sell some players, and sort out players getting unhappy at stupid little things like praising them when they get a 9 and I'd rate the game at a 9. That'd need to be sorted though. As it is, I lost interest a week ago and I'm going back to my FM10 save that I loved.

looking forward to it. If people managed LL then transfer bug wouldnt affect them as much is how i see it at the moment.

For me it's a nightmare selling players in LL. Took me 4-5 seasons before i managed to sell my first player.

I gave it a 6. Im more concerned about how set pieces reset after most games and the in-effectiveness of the playmaker function and the broken target man function. In 14 league games I have yet to see my playmaker play a through ball to my Inside forward who is a run onto ball target man. I patch is needed desperately.

I gave it a 6, as it is playable and enjoyable, but still needs a lot of work. It is nowhere near a 10 or something like that ... and never will be ... simply because all the issues that it suffers from (and some that still linger from FM10) won't be fixed. Until they catch up on all the small issues that have been in the game over two-three years, it will never be a 10.

10 in my opinion means that nothing can be done to improve the game as it is .. and I am sure there will be plenty to do even after patch 3.

If they fix the most glaring issues I can get it up to an 8.

if you voted low you must be poor at the game or just ccant handle little bugs

If you think this game is in a great state then you're one of the individuals who will hold it back.

Fact is, the transfer system is totally ridiculous, players become unhappy far too often and you can't tutor the most talented youngsters going around for the most part.

For me, I tried to get into it, but I can't, largely due to the issues highlighted above. As such, I'm not playing the game at the moment.

Whilst I think this game could be amazing with a patch, maybe around a 9, currently it sits at around 5 for me - not unplayable, but there are many issues which make it very difficult to enjoy.

Looking forward to the patch, but I really wish that this game had been given some further attention prior to release.

To all players that state the game is legendary and near perfect, please teach me how to sell players and sell them for at least 50% of their value, and tell me how to control the ridiculous player interaction!?

Oh yes, and tech me how to convince more than 1/10 of my youngsters that tutoring is good and will benefit them.

8 from me...will be a 9.5 once a couple known gliches which are being worked on get fixed. Really, I'm having a blast with this game so far...since I play lower leagues, the transfer thing hasn't bit me, and all I'm really dealing with is one-ref-to-rule-them-all, set-pieces, and the custom:custom:custom: renaming.

I gave it a 9. I love how people are complaining that its unpredictable...shouldn't it be to a point? The best team with the best player with the best tactics is still not guaranteed to win against the lowest of the low. Otherwise, why even play the game?!

7 here. the game hasnt changed much if you leave the new options untouched you can still play like 2007.

it seems to me there more stuff i ignore the more successful i get. except training schedules and coaches signing and players of course. getting a good tactic. but that was all 2007 anyways. the new features are nice but after a while they get boring..

6.77, to be precise...

Actually with the curve so skewed towards the higher numbers, taking the average is actually a bad idea, in this case we should be taking the median score under which 50% are below and 50% above.

The median comes out at: 7.06. It's not a huge difference to be sure but big enough (especially with the 300+ sample size) to be significant.

Edit: I'm a blithering idiot 7.06 is the average (sum of voters*score)/(sum of voters). Median is actually 8, as if you take 159 votes off the top the middle person voting is scoring the game at an eight. Please note also that there has been at least five extra votes since I calculated the average so that is slightly out.

So it looks very good for SI at the moment, despite all the naysayers. Get the voters in the thousand level and I would be pretty confident of what it came out as.

Agreed. Not that I understand why the median is better in this case anyway - the sample size is so large (336 as of now), any outliers will be factored in. It's skewed because it's skewed, not because of outliers. And I'm not sure whether it's possible to get a real outlier in a space of 1-10.

Agreed. Not that I understand why the median is better in this case anyway - the sample size is so large (336 as of now), any outliers will be factored in. It's skewed because it's skewed, not because of outliers. And I'm not sure whether it's possible to get a real outlier in a space of 1-10.

Plot a curve, there is a huge skew at the bottom end (i.e. 1-5) of the curve, sample size means nothing when the shape of the curve is as asymmetrical as it is currently. No bell shape=take median as best fit for typical response. The only thing an increased sample size does is to lower the confidence interval.

Archived