Football Manager 2011/2012 NEW IDEAS

Good Idea?  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Good Idea?

• yes
    • no

I couldnt find a email address to send this idea onto, so thought maybe a mod or if Miles read's these he might be interested. Anyone reading this thinks it could be a good idea, leave a comment, maybe we could get listened too.

Hello, i am a big fan of your Football Manager series and play them yearly, either by myself, or online with a friend.

Anyway i dont know what future plans you have for football manager but i would like to share with you an idea, maybe you will think its good, maybe you will think its bad, anyway...

Right, so the concept of Football Manager is as we all know your just a manager of a team / international.

With modern technology we have these days with people bringing out 3D TV's and what have you, well this the concept ive come up with is a Football Manager where you see the game matches as you would if you were playing on pro evolution for the ps3/xbox. To me as a fan that would be amazing and im sure others would agree.

Or another concept you could have is, keep that idea bring in the match day as it is played on pro evolution, but have some new game play options, you could start a season JUST as a MANAGER. OR you could start off as a PLAYER and a player you start off as a young 15/16 year old in the team of your clubs choosing, starting in the youth squad, and if you improve as a player obviously you would move into the reserve squad or eventually first team squad, the better you get with experience the better play you become, and maybe other teams show interest in you as you develop later in the game.

I think that concept would be great if you could play as the footballer, just yourself one player and no one else, basically combining the game play of pro evolutions 'become a legend mode' with football manager.

I think you would have a fantastic game on your hands with many fans enjoying this idea. I dont know if you would have to take football manager to the consoles or if this idea could be done on a pc disk im not so sure.

Anyway that is my idea, and i hope it catches someones attention, if not it was worth a try.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's too far away from the scope of a management game. You basically have this mode on both PES and FIFA and in all honestly, I don't see how SI could match up to either of those games.

Again, this idea is not for me. As said this is a football manager game with manager been the the keyword.

Having said that you can put yourself in as a player in the game already if you want using the editor. You can't control them in the game though.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet in this thread or any other thread but the online play needs to be looked at. During transfer windows the game stopping every 15 minutes (game time). It can literally take hours to get through a transfer window. I'd suggest something like 6 hours stop intervals instead of every 15 minutes.

I think one of the OTF FMO lot have mentioned it to Neil Brock but I just wanted to highlight it again.

So you are basically suggesting to

a) improve the graphics and

b) to be able to be a player before becoming a manager.

My opinion:

a) fair enough. I'm sure SI do their best anyway.

b) That's a totally different game. I fondly remembler Player manager on the Amiga. But creating this is a wholly different issue which SI will not be able to combine with FM as it is.

the idea was that it would still be a manager game, with a few different tweaks, you could be a player and still be managed, hence its a football manager sim obviously. And then game play would be like a PES game on match day.

the idea was that it would still be a manager game, with a few different tweaks, you could be a player and still be managed, hence its a football manager sim obviously. And then game play would be like a PES game on match day.

In no way, shape or form does a management sim include controlling the players. Do you see a manager on the sidelines with a controller in RL?

even if the new one has great 3d match engine, would be fantastic, anyway these were my ideas, and something different to the same old same you hear.

And im sure if someone from the SI team were to realise this, you would be all jumpin off your seats. End of the day, was a good idea. And with great technology released now days wouldnt supprise me if some stuff ive said comes out on new games / future releases.

enjoy fan boys

even if the new one has great 3d match engine, would be fantastic, anyway these were my ideas, and something different to the same old same you hear.

And im sure if someone from the SI team were to realise this, you would be all jumpin off your seats. End of the day, was a good idea. And with great technology released now days wouldnt supprise me if some stuff ive said comes out on new games / future releases.

enjoy fan boys

You miss the point that this is a management sim, people that play them don't want to control the players, when we do want to control the players we play FIFA or PES which are totally different games.

Then when people disagree with your "great" idea you throw your toys out of your pram and calling people "fan boys", grow up :rolleyes:

3d engine that sophisticated is years away in all reality.

again... manager game.. not football game... its a simulation..

expanding on his ideas in a positive way though.. pre determined scenario's might be a great idea ..

i.e start your game at christmas in the relegation zone etc

• 7 months later...

enjoy fan boys

doooooooooooooouche.

FM is a management SIM and by far the best one at that, why add stupid unncecessary features and risk breaking a winning forumla just to satisfy some ******** console players (yes im bracketing all people who game mainly on consoles here... bite me!) who wont even play it anyway.

• 1 month later...
Right, so the concept of Football Manager is as we all know your just a manager of a team / international.

Or another concept you could have is, keep that idea bring in the match day as it is played on pro evolution, but have some new game play options, you could start a season JUST as a MANAGER. OR you could start off as a PLAYER and a player you start off as a young 15/16 year old in the team of your clubs choosing, starting in the youth squad, and if you improve as a player obviously you would move into the reserve squad or eventually first team squad, the better you get with experience the better play you become, and maybe other teams show interest in you as you develop later in the game.

I think that concept would be great if you could play as the footballer, just yourself one player and no one else, basically combining the game play of pro evolutions 'become a legend mode' with football manager.

No disrespect mate, but the game is called Football Manager.

D'ya see what you did SI? You made the game so complicated that the console jockey's can't play it so they want to turn it into a game that they can play instead of learning how to play it... shame really cos the game is really impressive now.

I'd like to see the following new features:

- More feedback from players

- Talks with staff members

- Internal integration with your blog about FM

- History of player attributes’ changes since the first season

- Integration with Facebook

- Better 3D

You can also read and participate in an interesting disputation of future FM12 features here: New features of FM 2012

Archived