Football Manager 2011/2012 NEW IDEAS

Good Idea?  

372 members have voted

1. 1. Good Idea?

• yes
    • no

OP tries to sound smart, but actually has no concept of the feasibility of anything he's said.

It's impossible on so many levels. I don't even know where to begin in pointing out the flaws. Thankfully, the community seems to have beaten me to most of it.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to have more control over the youth players that are developed.

E.g. maybe a points system to develop a 'house-style' of player that comes through the academy. Bolton/Stoke etc. seem to turn out quite physically developed players, wereas Arsenal always turn out technical players. At the moment, you only have the ability to scour the regens and sign them up, but if you had more control over the type of regens your club developed it would be more interesting.

I'm not saying every player has to be awesome or that every youth player should make it to first team football, but I think it's be more interesting to have that house style implimented in the game.

even if the new one has great 3d match engine, would be fantastic, anyway these were my ideas, and something different to the same old same you hear.

And im sure if someone from the SI team were to realise this, you would be all jumpin off your seats. End of the day, was a good idea. And with great technology released now days wouldnt supprise me if some stuff ive said comes out on new games / future releases.

enjoy fan boys

FM has enough problems as a "simple" management game.

Put in a "player mode" and instead of a game with bugs you have a bug with a game.

I have one great idea in my opinion and I think you will also love it if you really love football. I was thinking about some way to make quick starts or even normal database starts with the option to CHOOSE the year to start. Let's just have it like this: I'm buying Football manager 2012 but maybe I want again to feel the taste of managing in the 2004/2005 season... or why not 2002/2003 when Chelsea was not that strong ???

I know, if you like to turn back time you could play FM 2005 or CM 4 for the seasons I mentioned, but they don't have the facilities that you are bringing us with the new developed games :) I hope my idea will bring something good for this game and more fans !

Thanks !

PS: I hope I posted the reply in the right place.

The idea is good, leighdegree. But Football Manager isn't the series for it. Football Manager's focus is on the manager position. And since we already have games that do those other things, we don't need them squeezed onto SI's agenda; We can simply go play those other games.

I'd like to see a Match Engine visual of the quality of FIFA. This might happen in the future and something SI are working towards, but a looooong way away.

There's Fifa Manager for that kind of fluff...

Sorry but FM doesn't really need a PS3-quality match engine in terms of graphics... The match engine should "just" reflect with pinpoint accuracy what's happening on the pitch and replicate precisely our tactical choices.

Generally speaking, I'm fiercely against all the cosmetic ideas that drive resources away from fixing the main flaws that have plaguing FM for years...

When/if we'll have outstanding transfer market, AI management, manager turnover, negotiations, newgens, finances, tactics and training THEN we can think about adding new features.

Until then it's just like buying fake Bulgari jewelry and chinese Louis Vuitton bags to our Susan Boyle lookalike girlfriend... ;)

There's Fifa Manager for that kind of fluff...

Sorry but FM doesn't really need a PS3-quality match engine in terms of graphics... The match engine should "just" reflect with pinpoint accuracy what's happening on the pitch and replicate precisely our tactical choices.

Generally speaking, I'm fiercely against all the cosmetic ideas that drive resources away from fixing the main flaws that have plaguing FM for years...

When/if we'll have outstanding transfer market, AI management, manager turnover, negotiations, newgens, finances, tactics and training THEN we can think about adding new features.

Until then it's just like buying fake Bulgari jewelry and chinese Louis Vuitton bags to our Susan Boyle lookalike girlfriend... ;)

Oh I totally agree that it's not a priority at all to make it look more visually appealing atm but if it's a possibility in the future without taking resource away from other areas of the game then why not? The animations in the current match engine are horrible and with technological advances etc. I don't think FM can remain as basic as it looks for too long without becoming laughable.

Sorry I didn't read your third paragraph :D

even if the new one has great 3d match engine, would be fantastic, anyway these were my ideas, and something different to the same old same you hear.

And im sure if someone from the SI team were to realise this, you would be all jumpin off your seats. End of the day, was a good idea. And with great technology released now days wouldnt supprise me if some stuff ive said comes out on new games / future releases.

enjoy fan boys

The game already has a 3d match engine which will get better looking with time but it will never look like PES or FIFA I expect

Also why would we want to be a player the reason we buy this game is because we want to be a manager and if you look through history you will find nigh on every football game that has come out and gone down the two chosen routes you are suggesting has gone straight down the toilet

So I'm against this not very original pair of suggestions.

And kindly refer from calling people "Fan Boys" just because you didn't get the reaction you thought you would it's childish and rather pathetic.

For FM12 i would like to being able to spend all the money you makes as a manager!

- for example buying your own football club, then being in charge of different areas, such as getting sponsers, keeping track on economy and such.

- being able to start as an assistant manager or a coach, then later on be a Manager :).

-

I'd like to see the following new features:

- More feedback from players

- Talks with staff members

- Internal integration with your blog about FM

- History of player attributes’ changes since the first season

- Integration with Facebook

- Better 3D

You can also read and participate in an interesting disputation of future FM12 features here: New features of FM 2012

Intergration with facebook? why oh why would you want that? Twitter I can understand, facebook no no no

For FM12 i would like to being able to spend all the money you makes as a manager!

- for example buying your own football club, then being in charge of different areas, such as getting sponsers, keeping track on economy and such

-

So you'd like to play FIFA manager?

- being able to start as an assistant manager or a coach, then later on be a Manager .

I really don't see how SI could add enough depth to any of those type of roles for them to be enjoyable without severely diminishing the actually management side of things, so no.

Intergration with facebook? why oh why would you want that? Twitter I can understand, facebook no no no

I don't think there'd be anything wrong with them integrating with facebook, as long as it was optional.

No way! You may just as well buy Fifa or Pro-Evo if that's what you want. This is a 'manager' game and should most definitely stay that way. The one thing I really would like to see in future though would be being able to add saves from the old game in to the new so that we don't have to keep starting all over again ever year.

Dude go buy Fifa or Pro Evo and play them, don't turn a beautiful sim into some console controller game. Its a manger sim, control your player in be a pro on Fifa.

My ideas, hope my feedback i better:

1. Manager Ref interaction:

- After a match if a ref makes some bad calls you should be able to criticise that ref directly (like SAF himself) and i know you can do it in the press confrences.

- A proper closeup in 3D match engine should be provided to examine incident(s) before you make those calls, and i mean real close up.

- Then actually attend the appeal meetings and say your peace.

2. Press conference needs more answers available to user:

- Press conferences are boring with the same questions over and over, need way more questions and more choice in multiple choice answers.

3. Tapping up players:

- It happens in real life why not in this.

- If you get caught its your own problem and as it is a sim the more risk involved the more realistic it becomes.

- If you suspect another manager of tapping up your players, then report to Fifa or UEFA etc.

- Dont think this comes under tapping up but how bout this, Man Utd as everyone knows is looking for a keeper after van der Sar retires, well how bout you have the option to let the world know you are looking for a player in a certain position and see which players agents bite, similar to posting job vacancies for your backroom staff.

4. Scout report on loan players:

- You can send a scout to watch players and they report to you every game they play, I think at the end of the loan a report on how well the loan went should be supplied e.g. what areas the player improved in (similar to the monthly training report but more detailed).

5. Winning trophies:

- A little celebration at the end of a final or the day you win the league, players lining up and lifting some little shiny cup, and little gold shimmers coming from their chests as they get pictures taken.

- Trophie cabinet should be available to see all your glory, not just some page with a list of years won. It doesnt have to be accurate (in visual trohpies) but im sure some guys will create add-ons that you will be able to view the real pic, like collecting logos and face packs etc.

Hope my views are shared guys

Dude go buy Fifa or Pro Evo and play them, don't turn a beautiful sim into some console controller game. Its a manger sim, control your player in be a pro on Fifa.

My ideas, hope my feedback i better:

1. Manager Ref interaction:

- After a match if a ref makes some bad calls you should be able to criticise that ref directly (like SAF himself) and i know you can do it in the press confrences.

- A proper closeup in 3D match engine should be provided to examine incident(s) before you make those calls, and i mean real close up.

- Then actually attend the appeal meetings and say your peace.

2. Press conference needs more answers available to user:

- Press conferences are boring with the same questions over and over, need way more questions and more choice in multiple choice answers.

3. Tapping up players:

- It happens in real life why not in this.

- If you get caught its your own problem and as it is a sim the more risk involved the more realistic it becomes.

- If you suspect another manager of tapping up your players, then report to Fifa or UEFA etc.

- Dont think this comes under tapping up but how bout this, Man Utd as everyone knows is looking for a keeper after van der Sar retires, well how bout you have the option to let the world know you are looking for a player in a certain position and see which players agents bite, similar to posting job vacancies for your backroom staff.

4. Scout report on loan players:

- You can send a scout to watch players and they report to you every game they play, I think at the end of the loan a report on how well the loan went should be supplied e.g. what areas the player improved in (similar to the monthly training report but more detailed).

5. Winning trophies:

- A little celebration at the end of a final or the day you win the league, players lining up and lifting some little shiny cup, and little gold shimmers coming from their chests as they get pictures taken.

- Trophie cabinet should be available to see all your glory, not just some page with a list of years won. It doesnt have to be accurate (in visual trohpies) but im sure some guys will create add-ons that you will be able to view the real pic, like collecting logos and face packs etc.

Hope my views are shared guys

1. I'd like more interaction on this as well. If you criticise the ref and get in trouble I would like to see you appear before a disciplinary commitee and answer any charges against you. You could probably accomplish this by having a feature similar to the press conferences.

2. I agree about this.

3. I dont think they can include tapping up in the game due to legal reasons even if it does happen irl.

4. I do like your idea of a report showing where they have improved.

5. Dont like this. Purely cosmetic and pointless imo.

I would like a utility for the money that coaches receive. For example: Were reason for stats. The coach could buy houses, cars, join clubs, attend motivational talks to develop their work, organize parties, informal meetings with other coaches, travel, buy boats, vacation homes, among many other options that should be explored.

Sorry if there is lack of agreement in words, because I used the translator.

I would like it if you could see your record against specific managers like you can clubs. Like with my current derby team in 2017 i have played several teams a number of times now and i like to check who i struggle to get a result off (my record against wolves is won 3 lost 2 drawn 9 for example so i know i sturggle to pick up wins against them) and i think it would be good to see if you could see this against managers as they move from club to club. It would be good if you could link this to press conferences too as other managers use the media alot for mind games.

I.E Question: you haven't beaten manager A on the last (number) occasions, is it fair to say he has the pyscological advantage over you?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be totally exciting if:

You gained more control over the youth development of your team by picking the regens that you sign for your youth team... kind of like in the MLS draft format perhaps. Maybe there is a tryouts game to see some youth play, and then you pick a certain number of youth and leave others out. This is a pretty realistic way to go about developing your team I think, much like the youth leagues hold tryouts and whatnot in real life. Maybe even actively recruit talented youth away from other cities and teams (and countries even) via some options to gain/lose the youth's favor before the youth commits to a youth program.

Just thinking about how much fun this would be makes me excited and I hope to see this in a future game in some form!

hey all...

for next year i of fotball manager i wish....to have an option to hide the players atributtes...or change complitly the atributes sistem.

Just like in real life.Exemple:Striker:i dont want to see his speed in numbers (16) i want to see how fast can he run on 100 meters(11,23 seconds)real facts,if his tall automaticly his a beter header,REAL FACTS...that should be your next big step.....sorry for my english i hope you all understand what im tryng to tell you

I am sorry for the op but this is not the game I am looking to.. as many people said here, if fm would implement your ideas it wouldn't be the game that a lot of people fell in love for.. if fm would become some sort of fifa manager I would stop buying it.

I think some people that are new to FM have the wrong idea of the game. This was never about the graphics. I use 2d classic and will not change for a long time, and I use to have a better view of my tactics, not for a visual matter.

OK... taking your example... how often does a footballer ever sprint for 100 metres?

never...but to determin the speed of a soccer player 100 meters is the distance to run...all over the soccer world

its the same think with the american football,to determin the speed of an american football palyer they have to run the 40 yards dash.Imagine instead of seeing number you see facts...technique good or great....goal 34 in his career....passing....averge.....takling.....low...etc

• 3 weeks later...

Football Manager has never been about the graphics. I actually think that advanced graphics would take something away from the series. Where they are at now is fine.

As for starting as a player or scout, well the game is called Football Manager for a reason.

Why is there so often this need for FM to do what all these consoles do? If you want FIFA or Pro Evo graphics then go play them. If you want to take the role of a player go and play them. If you want to be a manager of a game that has more stats and detail than it does graphics, but gives you the real experience, then play FM. Just don't ask for it to be other titles.

Oh it's an old thread. Do people purposefully go back 8 pages and open old threads?

1. hardly anyone has 3D tvs. and this is a computer game, therefore even less have 3D computer screens.. if they are even availible.

2. Fifa/pro evo graphics have been improved and worked on over decades. FM has only just implemented their 3D engine, and therefore it will be a bit laggy and worse then fifa, that isnt going to change. You cant just ask them to catch up with fifa and pro evo straight away, thats is just stupid.

3. The whole point of the game is being a football MANAGER you ******, what the **** would be the point in being a player?

To conclude, you cleary know NOTHING about product development. You have COMPLETELY forgotten the whole point of the game... being a MANAGER. and hardly anyone has a 3D tv!

You are ******** if you think this is a good idea.

• 1 month later...

A new idea for FM 2012.

Creating a new profile for the player FM 2012 - The Manager / President (Club Owner).

Possibility of this new profile:

- With the money wage;

- Buy a club and sell it;

- Profile 1 - President of the club - hire coaches, staff, players and full control of the club accounts;

- Profile 2 - President and manager at the same time - hiring staff, players and full control of the accounting club.

Archived