Football Manager 2020 Feedback Thread

3 minutes ago, XaW said:

That't not how it works. Newgens don't get the same values for any stat as a player that retired. Newgens are new, not like the regens of the older days.

Yes, I know. That's kind of my point. In my experience if you travel 20 years into the future the pool of talent is nowhere near as diverse in terms of positions and never have as good mental attributes as those who start the game. Although it's been probably since 2017 that I got that far, so I'm willing to be corrected.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for some feedback from other users on their experience of the ME, but this is getting a bit toxic now. The attributes bug will be fixed asap, it's the ME that needs to be discussed.

Penalties, cards, suicidal decision-making and frequency of mistakes leading to goals are so strange and abundant, I'm finding matches hard to analyse.

1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

I was hoping for some feedback from other users on their experience of the ME, but this is getting a bit toxic now. The attributes bug will be fixed asap, it's the ME that needs to be discussed.

Penalties, cards, suicidal decision-making and frequency of mistakes leading to goals are so strange and abundant, I'm finding matches hard to analyse.

There's been loads of discussion about that in the beta thread. It's just really, really hard to replicate real life football. Once a few are fixed you get another few.

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

Might they not be partially linked?

There's certainly a suggestion the penalties in lower leagues might be caused by mentally defunct referees, per the above bug.

Well I finally got the newest version installed. In my honest opinion, the game is playing very well. The ME is playing great. The ui is smooth. And to be honest, I wouldn’t have noticed the determination bug issue if i hadn’t already read about it on here.

sigames have made a strong game this year 

1 minute ago, rdbayly said:

I've started a Lazio save to have a play with today, I don't want to say too much as I'm only a few games in but it looks slightly better than the beta ME 

2 minutes ago, rdbayly said:

I am also waiting on ME update but barely nothing. I just want to know, do players cross from byline or do they just stop the ball..

1 minute ago, Bakiano said:

I am also waiting on ME update but barely nothing. I just want to know, do players cross from byline or do they just stop the ball..

Someone answered you last night, they cross or play infield if they have to

Please don't wish for too many crosses, we had that in FM19 

I'm desperate when I see my entire Liverpool U18 youth side have 1 determination. Really hope there can be a quicker than quick hotfix for this. I see a lot of people bringing up the big wonderkids though - Haaland, Foden, Unuvar etc, as being caught up in this unset stats problem but they're fine on my release build save. Determination of 17/18 for the ones I mentioned. What's happened to me that isn't to others? Surely the big ones (e.g. top club first team players such as the above) have curated stats and aren't left to random generation?

3 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Still some rather unatural wingplay, especially continually shooting when there's a man with an open goal next to them etc. but not quite as bad as it was. The shooting from the byline thing is annoying everyone.

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Someone answered you last night, they cross or play infield if they have to

Please don't wish for too many crosses, we had that in FM19 

Didn't see that.

If they do that, that is good news then. And do they shoot from thight angle even though there is a free player in the box?

1 minute ago, amberhelix said:

I'm desperate when I see my entire Liverpool U18 youth side have 1 determination. Really hope there can be a quicker than quick hotfix for this. I see a lot of people bringing up the big wonderkids though - Haaland, Foden, Unuvar etc, as being caught up in this unset stats problem but they're fine on my release build save. Determination of 17/18 for the ones I mentioned. What's happened to me that isn't to others? Surely the big ones (e.g. top club first team players such as the above) have curated stats and aren't left to random generation?

For Haaland and Foden, the concern isn't determination, but the hidden stats (important matches, consistency and versatility). 

3 minutes ago, KUBI said:

The summary of your posts is: Cash is King. 

Now we would like to read and listen to the more constructive posts.

Can we have a place where we can talk about moderation feedback? My completely normal post that SI should have taken a few more days/weeks instead of releasing an unfinished product was completely normal and without abuse. It got removed for what reason? I am not one of conspiracies but seeing more and more user comments getting removed for not anything close to abuse is pushing me towards the "remove any criticism" camp and we need a place where we can discuss it without ruining this thread. Same stuff happened with the twitch chat in stream. If the mods knew anything about twitch chat (it's rather memey and jokingly meant) they wouldn't be so harsh. 

So can we open a place where we can discuss moderation like many forums have? If you are open to critiscm, that wouldn't be an issue right? 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, Double0Seven said:

Can we have a place where we can talk about moderation feedback? My completely normal post that SI should have taken a few more days/weeks instead of releasing an unfinished product was completely normal and without abuse. It got removed for what reason? I am not one of conspiracies but seeing more and more user comments getting removed for not anything close to abuse is pushing me towards the "remove any criticism" camp and we need a place where we can discuss it without ruining this thread. Same stuff happened with the twitch chat in stream. If the mods knew anything about twitch chat (it's rather memey and jokingly meant) they wouldn't be so harsh. 

So can we open a place where we can discuss moderation like many forums have? If you are open to critiscm, that wouldn't be an issue right? 

For all issues about moderation please send any thoughts to forums@sigames.com or report any specific instances of moderation you disagree with using the report button on each post. A thread about feedback for FM20 is not the place to do this.

Thanks. 

I've just seen a post in the bug forum about how news items still say things like "Burnley u23 have made a bid for" (albeit that wasn't the issue the poster was posting about).

Can SI confirm whether this is a bug or a feature?

If it's a bug, I reported it in here during beta, admittedly not in bug section but it should be blatant to anyone playing.

If it's a feature, does anyone agree with it? I can just about accept how Castilla bidding on someone would be different than Real Madrid, but even then most news outlets would say RM bid. For Scottish/English clubs it should ALL be the same thing.

If the chap just hasn't updated to full release then let me know.

1 minute ago, hazzabish said:

Still some rather unatural wingplay, especially continually shooting when there's a man with an open goal next to them etc. but not quite as bad as it was. The shooting from the byline thing is annoying everyone.

Not good then..

1 minute ago, Johnny Ace said:

Look above :lol: 

haha so no to my question :(

2 minutes ago, diLLa88 said:

For Haaland and Foden, the concern isn't determination, but the hidden stats (important matches, consistency and versatility). 

I'm dispapointed by this as I have a really good save going with Arsenal. I don't like using in-game editors but if the likes of Saka and Martinelli (who only has 13 determination anyway, have they not seen him play?) have ***** mental stats I will have to start again :(

Just now, Neil Brock said:

For all issues about moderation please send any thoughts to help@sega.co.uk or report any specific instances of moderation you disagree with using the report button on each post. A thread about feedback for FM20 is not the place to do this.

Thanks. 

But I mean can we have like a thread on the general place here? The help mail is most likely full of other mails and also I'm gonna guess it's not the most direct way of communication. Like many other forums do, just keep a thread open about it. 

Also I cannot report a post because it's removed and also removed from my own profile unlike some other sites (eg Reddit). So I can't actually find it back...

On game related questions: I am just starting I have the demo so bear with me.

1. Can you still set up the widgets  in game aka FM2019. If so how? SORTED

2. Is the only way to access U23/U18 through the squad icon on the left hand side.

3. Can you only mentor main squad players.

Cheers

Edited by Kazza

2 minutes ago, Bakiano said:

Not good then..

No, but in my experience not as bad as it was prior to this patch. My wingers at Arsenal had under 7 av/r before the patch, presumably because they kept hitting shots wide, and about 7.5 after with a much better goals/games ratio.

• Administrators
8 minutes ago, Double0Seven said:

But I mean can we have like a thread on the general place here? The help mail is most likely full of other mails and also I'm gonna guess it's not the most direct way of communication. Like many other forums do, just keep a thread open about it. 

Also I cannot report a post because it's removed and also removed from my own profile unlike some other sites (eg Reddit). So I can't actually find it back...

We'd prefer anything is sent through directly. This forum is for the general discussion of Football Manager, not the moderation of the forums.

Let's please keep this thread on topic now. Thanks. 

I haven't even noticed the determination bug before checking this forum or too many penalties awarded. The only glaring issue I had was 1v1 ones which were terrible in the first beta. Some people are not even playing the game they just run analyze it and treat it like its real football. It's a game people! If the difficulty was like real football 99. 99% of you would not Play it since you would be sacked before November and never ever get another job again. 

15 minutes ago, hazzabish said:

I'm dispapointed by this as I have a really good save going with Arsenal. I don't like using in-game editors but if the likes of Saka and Martinelli (who only has 13 determination anyway, have they not seen him play?) have ***** mental stats I will have to start again :(

You could check through the scout/player report whether they mention a weakness regarding these attributes.

Just now, diLLa88 said:

The fact that you don't notice it doesn't mean no one should notice it. People have been reporting weird results with a trillion penalties and cards being given. And it has a massive effect on players like me who like to develop talent.

It's pretty ignorant to assume everyone should treat this issue like you do.

If the said they are working on a fix as soon as possible what's the point to whine about? 

Just now, andu1 said:

If the said they are working on a fix as soon as possible what's the point to whine about? 

Because the bug was reported almost a week before release.

Considering the scale of this bug you'd assume it to either be fixed at release, or to not release a broken game.

5 minutes ago, Connor said:

I understand there was a meeting where the attribute issue was to be discussed within SI at 10.30.

Just a suggestion...

Given the situation, I think it might be helpful for SI to provide an update once known after that meeting, on how long timescale wise, they expect to take to provide a fix for this issue.

I think that's a reasonable request, in the interests of transparency, especially when I am seeing multiple social networks plugging and communicating, the release of the game.

Often from a customer service point of you, how the issue is handled and updates communicated, is how a consumer remembers the experience (as much as the issue itself)

Would you rather they actually went ahead and fixed it, or would you rather get constant "we're looking to fix it" updates?  

They're not going to go into the detail of what's wrong, as that is a combination of being at such a level that it would be over most heads, or within their own intellectual property, so your update is going to be essentially a puff piece.  What's the point in that?  Are you really that needy that you need to be updated every two minutes until they fix it?

They're working on it, and when it's ready to be released, and tested sufficiently, it likely will be released.

1 minute ago, diLLa88 said:

Because the bug was reported almost a week before release.

Considering the scale of this bug you'd assume it to either be fixed at release, or to not release a broken game.

I wish people would move away from this.  It matters very little when the issue was reported in terms of when it'll be fixed.  It's not just a checkbox you have to switch on or off and it's magically fixed.  In fact, it taking longer - given it seems to be a serious issue - should tell you all you need to know about how complex it is.  

Edited by forameuss

1 minute ago, Neil Brock said:

We hope to fix it as soon as possible and are working as quickly as we can towards this. However as with all updates and fixes things need to be tested to make sure there are no knock-ons elsewhere before we can make it available to everyone. As soon as we have any further updates we'll let you know.

Thanks. 

I think his point is, communicatie this to EVERYONE. Not just the 0.01% on the forums that noticed it. An in game announcement would be nice or even a twitter annoncement. Many innocent people will start their games now not knowing this issue and only stumbling upon it after maybe days/weeks? 

Just now, Neil Brock said:

We hope to fix it as soon as possible and are working as quickly as we can towards this. However as with all updates and fixes things need to be tested to make sure there are no knock-ons elsewhere before we can make it available to everyone. As soon as we have any further updates we'll let you know.

Thanks. 

Finally someone from SI acknowledges the issue and addresses it appropriately. Think previous half-hearted responses and brushing under the carpet techniques have just poured gasoline on the fire.

Thanks for the response and hopefully a fix is out shortly.

SI Games wont be famous as a good example in a crisis communication, there is so many ways to affront this but not this one, this is a problem already reported, make people continue a game that is obviusly broken whitout any official communication is despicable.

Just now, ostkiz said:

SI Games wont be famous as a good example in a crisis communication, there is so many ways to affront this but not this one, this is a problem already reported, make people continue a game that is obviusly broken whitout any official communication is despicable.

The SI staff acknowledged the issue in multiple posts across the forums, so please do not make statements like this

1 minute ago, forameuss said:

Would you rather they actually went ahead and fixed it, or would you rather get constant "we're looking to fix it" updates?  

They're not going to go into the detail of what's wrong, as that is a combination of being at such a level that it would be over most heads, or within their own intellectual property, so your update is going to be essentially a puff piece.  What's the point in that?  Are you really that needy that you need to be updated every two minutes until they fix it?

They're working on it, and when it's ready to be released, and tested sufficiently, it likely will be released.

I believe you have misinterpreted what I have said purposely to try and make a point 

It was just a suggestion to be honest, for a simple concise update given a timescale of expected resolution (I didn't suggest every 2 mins, nor am I being needy)

I think as a customer and forum member of SI (of nearly 20 years) who has bought the game, around a month or so ago, that it was a reasonable constructive suggestion, having seen the multiple unconstructive forum posts on it.

However, I would suggest you review your own tone as that is most definitelty not constructive

Just now, tomthissen said:

Shame the devs are not providing an ETA, people are taking days off work to start a carreer in their new FM.

Did you read the post from Neil Brock above?  When an issue is investigated and then is found, until the fix has been tested any ETA will be guesswork and that would be worse for the users.

Justo ahora, FrazT dijo:

The SI staff acknowledged the issue in multiple posts across the forums, so please do not make statements like this

Thank you to delete my post as you did with previous people that complain about it, I dont knwo what ir your job buy mine is marketing  and i can tell you "forums" isnt the way to communicate , as someone say before compare the quantity of person who use forums , or use twitter, be resposible about the fact there is a bug that you are hidding to the most of the consumers.

Generated staff feedback:

The new roles Technical Director and Loan Manager generate masses of young staff at the start of a career that are 5x better stat-wise across the board than a Guardiola or Klopp. A flood of football geniuses. They're unemployed, all in their 40s, and despite being the greatest coaches or ass men in the history of FM and football they will not accept a job other than the prescribed new role. Also affects young HOYDs. 

Colombia generates 20-30 of the greatest medical staff ever seen at the start of a career too. All on peanuts wages and available. 19 physio 19 sports science every one. But just Colombia for some reason. 

5 minutes ago, Connor said:

I believe you have misinterpreted what I have said purposely to try and make a point 

It was just a suggestion to be honest, for a simple concise update given a timescale of expected resolution (I didn't suggest every 2 mins, nor am I being needy)

I think as a customer and forum member of SI (of nearly 20 years) who has bought the game, around a month or so ago, that it was a reasonable constructive suggestion, having seen the multiple unconstructive forum posts on it.

However, I would suggest you review your own tone as that is most definitelty not constructive

I didn't misinterpret anything.  There is no timescale for expected resolution, at least not a public one, and there never will be.  If they gave one, and it slipped, they'd look stupid, hence why you never give one.  Trust me, I deal with this every day.  And I also deal with the people who are desperate to get on a call while you're trying to fix something, to constantly ask you when it's going to be fixed, and distract you from, you know, actually fixing it.  It doesn't matter how long you've been a customer for.

You think my tone's poor, go report the post and see how you go.  Otherwise, try a thicker skin.