FM18: Hidden Gems

benchester

3 hours ago, DevilsFan said:

RBL has some high quality youth in their system, although I don't know if they count as hidden.

mwLezzL.png

bhMr5o6.png

20a4Roo.png

1TkjYQc.png

Dayot Upamencano is an AWESOME player. Unfortunately he costs quite a bit of money. I'm targeting him for the summer transfer window of 2018.

• Replies 452
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Dario Maresic from SK Sturm Graz is an 18 year old CB with great stats. I picked him up for £4m and my scouts/coaches are saying he can be one of the worlds best in a few years. My best find so far on this FM.

3 hours ago, Sheep said:

I don't know if anyone has mentioned it but Dario Maresic from SK Sturm Graz is an 18 year old CB with great stats. I picked him up for £4m and my scouts/coaches are saying he can be one of the worlds best in a few years. My best find so far on this FM.

Great find, also a ball playing defender which is even better.

Not sure he'll be world class but he'll certainly be a very good CB.

11 hours ago, TheYurpman said:

Dayot Upamencano is an AWESOME player. Unfortunately he costs quite a bit of money. I'm targeting him for the summer transfer window of 2018.

Got Abouchabaka first season for around 2,5 mill as he's on jr contract and he's doing great!

Itemeleng Khune (€0,7m). Yepp, still great goalkeeper.

Berke Özer or Rok Vodisek (€0,5-€1,2m). One in the turkish league, one from Slovenia. My scouts love them both, but maybe they love Özer a bit more. I think both can be starters in good clubs in the biggest leagues in the future.

Daniel Braganca and Goncalo Costa (less than €1m a piece). Sporting CP let go of some very big talents for some weird reasons. I've gotten both Braganca (tidy central midfielder) and Costa (attacking left back) for ”nothing” (compared to how talented they are). 

Cristian Barrios (~€3m). He ain't cheap, but he's the only one I would ever use if I wanted a proper #10. Just ~1,55m, but doing the Lord's work at San Lorenzo. 

Enzo Cabrera (€2,5-€3m). Another one from Argentina. Very aggressive. I don't how to use him as a striker, but I think he can be developed into something great when I decide which role he should take.

Kim Jin-su (€2,7m). It's sometimes difficult to find a decent left back. Jin-su will do the job for you in the big leagues. A lot of good qualities.

Phakamani Mahlambi (€1m?). I don't know if you can get him away from Egypt, but if you can, go for it. An exceptional dribbler with fantastic pace.

Motjeka Madisha (less than €0,5m). Maybe not smart enough, but looks like he can do a good job as a DM. South African, just like Mahlambi.

Oswin Appolis, Abdou Salam Jiddou, Chukwudi Agor. I've had one save where they turn out great, I've had one save where they're terrible. From South Africa, Mali, and Nigeria. Pretty much no transfer fee involved.

He's been mentioned, but look at Chumacero. You can get him for €0,5m, and he can start for a decent club in any of the biggest leagues.

On 11/11/2017 at 05:44, oneronaldo said:

Thats strange, I've  bought him several times now from Beta to the full release and he gets a work permit for me every time. Don't know if contracts play a part, but I can't imagine my offering of 25k p/w to Rajkovic is that far from yours.

When did you buy him might be key.

I remember in FM17, if i bought him at the start of the first season he couldnt get a work permit, but near the of the first transfer window he would get one.

9 hours ago, Siven said:

I remember in FM17, if i bought him at the start of the first season he couldnt get a work permit, but near the of the first transfer window he would get one.

I bought him right at the very start twice, once I set it to a future transfer at the start of season 2 the other was an immediate transfer.

Might have been mentioned earlier in the topic but brought in Lászlo Bénes first season as Middlesbrough and he's been a gem.  Consistent first two seasons and he has taken it up a level for season 3. 6mill not cheap by any means especially first season but definitely worth it!

benes 1.png

benes 2.png

On 14/11/2017 at 23:49, Siven said:

On 15/11/2017 at 09:22, oneronaldo said:

I bought him right at the very start twice, once I set it to a future transfer at the start of season 2 the other was an immediate transfer.

I bought him in the 1st season, winter transfer window. Started the 2nd season and still couldn't get him a permit

I don't know if he is a hidden gem or established player but I got a lad called Dominik Kohr at the end of first season for £4.5 million.  He's got great stats for a BWM and is young enough not to demand huge wages and to progress - I will look to post a SS later on. 

I have already posted him in the Dutch football thread, but how about Sherel Floranus of Sparta Rotterdam?

image.thumb.png.f24178334a57da9154d3219c41646348.png

Here he is at the beginning of the season in one of my saves and below is him a year later in another.  Random determination aside, he looks like a superb prospect.

image.thumb.png.478fab31ac1d10e59c4a732abd9e0609.png

59 minutes ago, oneronaldo said:

Back-up? I'd start the lad frankly.

Not for a european top team. For a mid-table team he could easily start.

How much did you sign him for (if you have), Cedrik? Can't find him on my save, do you know what league I need to load to find him? And what kind of a team is 'The Strongest'? Create-a-club?

32 minutes ago, Tullekunstner said:

How much did you sign him for (if you have), Cedrik? Can't find him on my save, do you know what league I need to load to find him? And what kind of a team is 'The Strongest'? Create-a-club?

The Strongest is a Bolivian club. Theres no Bolivian league as default but if you load up some extra players based in South America he should show up.

37 minutes ago, Tullekunstner said:

I signed him for 600k for my Braga team. My game set-up consists out of the top 5 leagues in Europe, Brazil & Argentina and all the leagues from Portugal with a large DB. Believe it was around 52k players :)

On 18/11/2017 at 18:09, fidelitywars said:

Looks identical on my game so don't think his stats are random. Shame about his dreadful mental stats as otherwise, he'd look a fine ball-playing defender.

poor mental indeed but this Determination 16 looks so appealing.

On 17/11/2017 at 02:31, leb said:

I bought him in the 1st season, winter transfer window. Started the 2nd season and still couldn't get him a permit

That'll be because Serbia have played their World Cup qualification matches by that point, and have presumably fallen below 50th place in the FIFA rankings, meaning he won't get a permit. At the beginning of the game, Serbia is 50th ranked, and so he would be able to get a work permit.

I'm having the same issues as Liverpool with Marko Grujic - after the very beginning of the game, I can't give him a new contract as Serbia are below 50th in the rankings and he fails to get a renewed work permit.

21 hours ago, Brian Clough said:

Quick 2 min video has 5 absolute bargains

Bargain? Only Arthur was a bargain and he still costs £7m at least. Juve depending on your luck will either take £25m or want silly money for Rugani, Goretzka was a Bosman signing in the Beta (think thats been fixed) but still wanted over 100k p/w in wages.  And Dolberg is only cheap if you can annoy him/Ajax with enough rejected bids so that he kicks up a fuss.

8 hours ago, oneronaldo said:

Bargain? Only Arthur was a bargain and he still costs £7m at least. Juve depending on your luck will either take £25m or want silly money for Rugani, Goretzka was a Bosman signing in the Beta (think thats been fixed) but still wanted over 100k p/w in wages.  And Dolberg is only cheap if you can annoy him/Ajax with enough rejected bids so that he kicks up a fuss.

Nah, I got Goretzka on a Bosman in the full release, managed to sign him at Liverpool for £70k a week.

10 hours ago, JordanMillward_1 said:

Nah, I got Goretzka on a Bosman in the full release, managed to sign him at Liverpool for £70k a week.

He ripped me off for 100k p/w lol, then kicked up a fuss at the end of season 2 saying I'm not paying him enough. I packed him off to Bayern and bought Dele Alli instead :lol:

2 hours ago, Jean0987654321 said:

Any Turkish gems?

Berke Ozer looks to have very high potential, although his stats don't look great at the start of the game.

Not one for the biggest clubs but Atakan Kesgin looks to have an interesting spread of stats for a 16 y/o and is surely too good for the Turkish 3rd tier where he starts the game. 

Otherwise, Yazici and Omur at Trabzonspor and Atalay Babacan at Galatasaray all look very promising. Of those outside of Turkey, the obvious choices are Caglar Soyuncu, Emre Mor and Enes Unal. 

7 hours ago, Mayberry47 said:

Beginning of season 2

5a14cadf88f0f_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_52_36.thumb.png.c0c52a15589828212d0b65e6b46746c1.png5a14cadacb775_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_52_07.thumb.png.ad0433d1843f99e8aa54e2a2511dcfaa.png5a14cad652e34_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_51_41.thumb.png.57e661add8dadb29d42059776b13988a.png5a14cad1d3603_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_51_05.thumb.png.cc719c64db7ac4b63c8290e0eda2c566.png5a14cacccb013_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_49_58.thumb.png.a12d02409cdb32637b4ec5d2be69f997.png5a14cac804b74_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_49_21.thumb.png.0e2b93b598f4f7bea8853c56aca0800c.png5a14cac382ab8_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_48_57.thumb.png.f72e0322e534296ed8910265bfd38273.png5a14cabf06f93_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_48_21.thumb.png.2d7e72567e5592b99baec960ed8ca6c6.png5a14caba1cd8f_ScreenShot2017-11-22at00_47_32.thumb.png.19b986589f85c6df12e67494a476cf5c.png

Note the 'hidden' part of the thread title... Other than Da-Silva Lopes and perhaps Conechny all these players are established internationals or at top clubs to begin with.  Oh Etebo is great, my scouts loved him, hence why he was highlighted earlier in the thread.

Alright guys,

Starting out as Crystal Palace, got around 8-9m to spend.

Really need a goalkeeper and a striker. Players that can come in straight away and handle the Premiership and perform well.

...oh and any other MUST HAVE players to snap up in other positions.

Any suggestions? Cheers!

4 hours ago, eaglesm1 said:

Alright guys,

Starting out as Crystal Palace, got around 8-9m to spend.

Really need a goalkeeper and a striker. Players that can come in straight away and handle the Premiership and perform well.

...oh and any other MUST HAVE players to snap up in other positions.

Any suggestions? Cheers!

Benteke will do a job for you, don't think you need a striker but Giuseppe Rossi is available on a free (starts injured though).

Goalkeeper just go for Pedrag Rajkovic, he won't cost more than your budget and wage demands are low.

Not quite sure if he qualifies as hidden, but for any managers of Premier League clubs Joe Rankin-Costello could be a great early pick up. He started at 2* CA in League 1 but I am in my second season now and he has grown ridiculously quickly. 4th highest average rating in the league and my best player as I am 8 points clear at the top of the league with 10 games left.

jaaq39.png

Can play everywhere, good personality, homegrown, and is good out wide as well (can be retrained as a striker too). 6 goals, 7 assists, 6 POTM's, 7.37 average rating from a central midfield position from 31 league apps. Monster.

Archived