Who is the New Pirlo?

enders357

Okay team, I'm looking for the "New Pirlo" - a man that can sit in front of my defence and play inch perfect through balls to my midfielders and forwards. A man who knows exactly where to be, has incredible technique and vision, and looks damn cool while strutting his stuff.

Here's what he looked like in FM2014.

Image%252520085%25255B5%25255D.png?imgma

So who has the potential to be the New Pirlo? Marco Verratti, Kristoffer Ajer, Lenadro Paredes? Someone else?

It's going to be tough to find someone who has that combination of extremely high PA and physical stats low enough to allow for such extreme quality in his technical/mental attributes.

Still, I always felt that Andrija Balic was something of a 'Pirlo of the Adriatic' on FM16. Sadly, he's moved onto Udinese for FM17 so will cost more but remains a classy ball-player who could always be retrained as a top-class regista on FM16.

As mentioned above, Alena is an option, as is Leverkusen's Atakan Attaynak.

6 minutes ago, we dont do that said:

Sensi from Sassuolo

Very good call. I am just scouting him myself. He doesn't quite have the potential - rated potentially a similar level as Klaassen - but the attribute spread is excellent.

ZgOpi2c.png

Those Player Traits are perfect:

• Plays One-Twos
  • Dictates Tempo
  • Tries Long Passes

Writing this, I've just made my mind up. I'm signing him! :D

25 minutes ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Very good call. I am just scouting him myself. He doesn't quite have the potential - rated potentially a similar level as Klaassen - but the attribute spread is excellent.

ZgOpi2c.png

• Plays One-Twos
  • Dictates Tempo
  • Tries Long Passes

Yeah ok, you've convinced me to buy him too :D

No one is close to Pirlo attributes or style. 

CM with high crossing and vision ability is so rare in the game, modern football has shift towards the AMC position where teams relies on creative player upfront instead of deep. 

But the closest there is to Pirlo, as named already, Pjanic, Kroos, Verrati, Cazorla

22 hours ago, enders357 said:

Okay team, I'm looking for the "New Pirlo" - a man that can sit in front of my defence and play inch perfect through balls to my midfielders and forwards. A man who knows exactly where to be, has incredible technique and vision, and looks damn cool while strutting his stuff.

Here's what he looked like in FM2014.

Image%252520085%25255B5%25255D.png?imgma

So who has the potential to be the New Pirlo? Marco Verratti, Kristoffer Ajer, Lenadro Paredes? Someone else?

you don't get another Pirlo unless you are lucky with the newgen coming through

Weigl gives you an option until then, might not match Pirlo in vision, but have great anti/pos/con/ and decent passion, first touch - put him on attacking training (with focus on passing) to add up those and you could end up with a rather decent Pirlo "light"

1 hour ago, enders357 said:

@Ö-zil to the Arsenal! & @Hazzastalavista - did you guys manage to sign Sensi? How is he working out? I ended up signing Fred from Shakhtar - I'm not 100% convinced he's the man for his role but he offers a lot for use in other roles too so decided to stump up the cash.

Fred's a great all-rounder.

Yes I signed Sensi for about £3.5m and he's been excellent. It's going to be tough keeping hold of him at Ajax as Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and a few from the Premiership are all circling as I get to the end of my first season.

He's been a star performer for me and really improved the way my team play. If I get him to stay one more year I think we'll challenge in Europe.

18 hours ago, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

Fred's a great all-rounder.

Yes I signed Sensi for about £3.5m and he's been excellent. It's going to be tough keeping hold of him at Ajax as Juventus, Milan, Real Madrid, Barcelona and a few from the Premiership are all circling as I get to the end of my first season.

He's been a star performer for me and really improved the way my team play. If I get him to stay one more year I think we'll challenge in Europe.

What are you currently playing mate?

Surprised Barcelona's Sergi Samper hasn't got a mention yet (although I guess it's enough of a burden being the next Xavi without adding to it..). No set piece ability, but he's nailed the bit about decision making, range of passing and being too good at reading the game to need any pace, and he has a fair bit of room to grow.

Carlos Alena, if you somehow manage to sign him from Barcelona B. It was easy to get him in FM 16 as you could either sign him for free as a youngster or buy him 6 months later for 6 million and 3 years later he was a home grown player but in FM 16 they seem to want a fortune before even considering a deal

Another player who developed into an absolute world class midfielder for me, in both FM 15 and 16, was Fabio Castellano from Atalanta and he is a player very much like Pirlo in terms of passing, vision and set piece ability and might even have a bit more bite to go with his fine technical attributes and is only 18 at the start.

On 11/18/2016 at 01:13, aditya said:

No one is close to Pirlo attributes or style. 

CM with high crossing and vision ability is so rare in the game, modern football has shift towards the AMC position where teams relies on creative player upfront instead of deep. 

But the closest there is to Pirlo, as named already, Pjanic, Kroos, Verrati, Cazorla

Check out Fabio Castellano

On 11/17/2016 at 11:08, Bunkerossian said:

Depends on the money you have. A cheap-ish option is Nir Biton from Celtic. Mental stats are good. He's a ready-made player, no development needed. Lazy though, needs defensive cover.

In real life I don't think he has ever passed the ball more than five yards and is slower than a week in jail

On 12/4/2016 at 20:24, enders357 said:

Closest suggestion yet, I reckon. Shame I'm managing AC Milan! 

Fabio Castellano, 18 at the start of the game, from Atalanta is a future superstar and goes on to resemble Pirlo so much in terms of his passing and free kick abilities

On ‎04‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 22:25, SpillBlood said:

Found this guy at Leverkusen.  This is him a few years in.

5fae0948734b83d81c2754939f881952.png

This guy looks like an absolute beast. wonder if he will always turn out good or if he has roaming potential. not quite a Pirlo though as this player has very good attributes across the board (like a pogba, Vieira, Pirlo love triangle child) rather than excellent attributes in specific areas (technical/mental) and weaker in other. Great PPMs too ... did you give him those or does he come with them? what season is this in?

2 hours ago, westy8chimp said:

This guy looks like an absolute beast. wonder if he will always turn out good or if he has roaming potential. not quite a Pirlo though as this player has very good attributes across the board (like a pogba, Vieira, Pirlo love triangle child) rather than excellent attributes in specific areas (technical/mental) and weaker in other. Great PPMs too ... did you give him those or does he come with them? what season is this in?

Fair, was more through vision/passing/PPMs.

I haven't trained him, this was under AI.  Loaded up a start save to check and he comes with all apart from tries long range passes.  Pretty sure it was the 2020/2021 season.  It was.  Currently in 2021/2022 and he's at Barcelona as a first team MC.

This is him at the end of the first season(May).

e070499bf23a3397f70c0a61b10da589.png

Thanks - looks like he develops incredibly to from those 'ok' stats to all round worldy. going to scout him when I get home but in my current save im in season 3 with Newcastle, so if its a set PA rather than roaming he is probably already very good and valued too high.

2 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Fair, was more through vision/passing/PPMs.

I haven't trained him, this was under AI.  Loaded up a start save to check and he comes with all apart from tries long range passes.  Pretty sure it was the 2020/2021 season.  It was.  Currently in 2021/2022 and he's at Barcelona as a first team MC.

This is him at the end of the first season(May).

e070499bf23a3397f70c0a61b10da589.png

Who are we talking about here? His name isn't on the screen shot, all I can see is he's an 18 year old German!

On 17/11/2016 at 14:05, Ö-zil to the Arsenal! said:

ZgOpi2c.png

• Plays One-Twos
  • Dictates Tempo
  • Tries Long Passes

Anyone know how he turns out? Have the opportunity to sign him start of season 3. He's at Bournemouth in my game who have just been relegated and he's transfer listed by request. Worth about £12m

40 minutes ago, Gilbo88 said:

Who are we talking about here? His name isn't on the screen shot, all I can see is he's an 18 year old German!

Wasn't exactly hard to figure out quoting the person who'd quoted my original post is it?  :applause:

If you look above it, clearly Atakan Akkaynak.

17 hours ago, SpillBlood said:

Wasn't exactly hard to figure out quoting the person who'd quoted my original post is it?  :applause:

If you look above it, clearly Atakan Akkaynak.

scouted him last night.. still 5 star potential but he's stayed at Leverkusen and been loaned out each year... so my 21 yr old Atakan is still the same as your screen shot of him at 18. And I don't have good enough coaching team or facilities to warrant buying him now. shame! Will look out for him if I create a new save with a top team

On 12/11/2016 at 20:07, totalfootball71 said:

I am going to throw this guy in to the mix Marko Grujic he is playing in the Pirlo role for me at SD Eibar. This is how he has developed so far in season 2019-2020

IMG_20161211_200214.jpg

Check The Pirlo Pass Out For The Last Goal In This Clip Eibar's 4th 

Good player and very versatile but isn't he more of a box to box midfielder? I have retrained him as a target man and think he would make a decent emergency centre half as well. He's scored quite a few important goals  for my Palace side when thrown upfront late on or when others have been injured and makes a good battering ram but I mostly use him in midfield where his all round game makes him a fantastic box to box midfielder.

Archived