Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Neil Brock said:

We've just released an update for the Pre-Release Beta for FM and FMT. Details here - 

This update just wiped my save game :(  Last played it and saved an hour ago and now says save game cannot be loaded.

Serves me right i guess for playing with updates automatically.

Edited by Swillo

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Nabobalis said:

Do you not keep an internal changelog? 

Yes we do, but it's pre-release beta code and not the full game. Once we release the full game, any 'updates' like the January transfer update will include one. 

3 minutes ago, Swillo said:

This update just wiped my save game :(  Last played it and saved an hour ago and now says save game cannot be loaded.

Serves me right i guess for playing with updates automatically.

are you using load last save if so go to load game and choose the save from there see if that works

Just now, Swillo said:

well wiped was the wrong word. I saved it, it updated and now i can't play it as i get "this save game cannot be loaded". 

MM better sending your file off to si on the bugs forum i guess i did the same and my game works fine

Just now, Spedding said:

are you using load last save if so go to load game and choose the save from there see if that works

tried both, ah well no problem in starting again. I'd only gotten to the second game of the season haha.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Swillo said:

well wiped was the wrong word. I saved it, it updated and now i can't play it as i get "this save game cannot be loaded". 

Okay please raise the issue here and we'll take a look - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

Thanks. 

700MB was a big ol' update, but it downloaded quickly enough for me.

I don't think it's been mentioned here yet, but it looks like the cup draws issue - where away teams were aligned to the right, rather than to the left - has been sorted out. Thank you. :thup:

2 hours ago, suncrush said:

The Social feed is really tedious, actually.  It's the same three tweets to every transfer.

What I find hilarious of the social feed is that even when a player scores 3 goals + some assists it still has people on it saying 'Player didn't look good' or being negative when the player in question had 9.5 - 10.0 rating on that match.

9 minutes ago, Freekster said:

What I find hilarious of the social feed is that even when a player scores 3 goals + some assists it still has people on it saying 'Player didn't look good' or being negative when the player in question had 9.5 - 10.0 rating on that match.

Yeah the Social Feed is a good idea but the implementation has been rushed and comes off feeling like a very cheap addition. It gets old quickly. 

1 minute ago, gregdfc said:

New update has made changes to Dundee

I just noticed some changes at Darlington - at least one player who was there last week, isn't now. And there appears to be a new player I've not seen before (although he's retiring in October of season 1).

Just to show what i posted recently ... about woodwork

All are AI Matches  from 1 gameday 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

It's 17.1 . So i guess no changes so far about the woodwork problem. Imo it is definitely a problem with too many of these

Edited by haffaz77

Really pleased that team line ups from divisions you don't have in full detail now have the players in the right order (keepers first, strikers at the bottom), I know most won't care about stuff like that, but I often check the results and line ups from other leagues, so this soothes my OCD with this, haha

11 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

It's 17.1 . So i guess no changes so far about the woodwork problem. Imo it is definitely a problem with too many of these

Have you logged this in the bugs forum?

24 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

It's normal and nothing is wrong with that. It could happen. You never know, maybe in one season in the future the amount of woodwork in matches could actually happen !! So, just accept it and move on. I'm just helping you.

Edited by pukfm

Just now, pukfm said:

It's normal and nothing is wrong with that. It could happen. You never know, maybe in one season in the future the amount of woodwork in matches could actually happen !! So, just accept it and move on. I'm just helping you.

For more info:

# Dagenham_Dave
# Cougar2010
# HUNT3R
# Barside

Stop being childish. If you can't discuss something properly, don't post. It's the last time I'll say this.

22 hours ago, Kazza said:

Question re players going  out on loan. I have sent or agreed to three players going out on loan. The clubs have agreed a monthly fee as well as paying their weekly wage. However, the wage budget I would have thought, would reflect this and hence be a lower committed spending amount than it shows. It appears not so? Also where does the monthly payments appear in the finance secton, I cannot see them in the income breakdown figures, unless it is lumped into "Other"?

Cheers

Anyone help?

I quite like the absurdly negative social feed comments that make no sense. It's just like reading a club's actual Facebook/Twitter feed. The issue with the social feed is the fact that everything is spelled correctly and decent grammar is used. That's not at all simulating social media accurately!

5 minutes ago, Wells said:

It is actually different, the example he posted, the player can actually see where the keeper is while Alaba wasn't.

How about that one: 

If it happens just once in a season, it's not unrealistic.

14 minutes ago, KUBI said:

How about that one: 

If it happens just once in a season, it's not unrealistic.

Not even close to the OG the dude posted. It's the reaction (or lack of) of the goalkeeper that sets it apart.

FM17 beta is generally solid though. It's basically 16.5, which is fine by me.

4 minutes ago, Golden Boot said:

Not even close to the OG the dude posted. It's the reaction (or lack of) of the goalkeeper that sets it apart.

FM17 beta is generally solid though. It's basically 16.5, which is fine by me.

I think the keeper was just confused. I like such kind of goals in FM, if they are rare. Some people are thinking a perfect ME should eliminate stupid goals. But than you would need to eliminate stupid players as well. :)

2 hours ago, Warhawk said:

Unless I'm completely imagining things, they changed the touchline camera angle to include a lot more up-and-down panning.

This is true!  It's never worked like this in all the previous version's I've played.  Surely this is a mistake?