Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

52 minutes ago, D_LO_ said:

The age thing was a slight consideration, he was 15 at the start of the season he was 16 in September, makes no difference?

It's a massive absence to the Exeter squad (I use the editor extensively so personally not an issue)

This is from the Data Issues forum:

Regarding youth players and inclusion of U16's

People have asked in threads 'why isn’t player X included?'

Players have to be least 16 years old as at 1/9/2016 (i.e. they have a date of birth no more recent than 31/08/2000) to be included in FM17.

Philip Rolfe said:
The rule we operate to is that a player who is 16 by September 1st of the starting game year in England can be in the game. This is when they can sign a scholarship and are no longer schoolboys. Anybody younger than that cut-off point will not be in the game because of child protection issues.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or:

I can now predict with 90% chance if there will be a goal from the way the buildup/counter etc is.

Player with the ball running down to the byline a cross backwards goal 95% of the time

Low cross behind the defence to the centre just infront of the goalkeeper, goal 95% of the time

Freekick just outside the panalty box, hoof it over 99% of the time, at least 3 times pr. match

I just played a match that ended 5-4, i predicted 8 of thoose goals, the last was a Panalty.

Having FM17 open (windowed) in the background while playing another game that uses 3D (full screen), permanently disables the 3D in FM.
The game forces the matches to be shown in 2D Classic. Can't choose anything else.
By permanently i mean in the current session. I have to restart the game in order to get it back again.
This was an issue with FM16 but it disappeared at some point.

Edited by roykela

1 hour ago, roykela said:

Having FM17 open (windowed) in the background while playing another game that uses 3D (full screen), permanently disables the 3D in FM.
The game forces the matches to be shown in 2D Classic. Can't choose anything else.
By permanently i mean in the current session. I have to restart the game in order to get it back again.

What?! You are playing another game besides FM?! Sacrilege!

2 hours ago, Herbie2100 said:

Is it just me or:

I can now predict with 90% chance if there will be a goal from the way the buildup/counter etc is.

Player with the ball running down to the byline a cross backwards goal 95% of the time

Low cross behind the defence to the centre just infront of the goalkeeper, goal 95% of the time

Freekick just outside the panalty box, hoof it over 99% of the time, at least 3 times pr. match

I just played a match that ended 5-4, i predicted 8 of thoose goals, the last was a Panalty.

What Highlights level do choose when watching matches?

4 minutes ago, Herbie2100 said:

Key, so it's 8 out of 20-25

So that's why you're able to predict goals. Key highlights will show you key highlights, basically goals and CCCs (good attacking chances).

3 minutes ago, HUNT3R said:

So that's why you're able to predict goals. Key highlights will show you key highlights, basically goals and CCCs (good attacking chances).

i know but 8 out of 20-25 is still to high to be right 100% of the time. basically it's the same goals scored over and over, nothing new, nothing unpredictable.

@HUNT3R are you aware of any low cross behind the defenders bug? Looking over my goals i think there might be a problem, so will start to collect pkm's. Just wouldnt begin if SI wheere aware.

5 minutes ago, Herbie2100 said:

i know but 8 out of 20-25 is still to high to be right 100% of the time. basically it's the same goals scored over and over, nothing new, nothing unpredictable.

@HUNT3R are you aware of any low cross behind the defenders bug? Looking over my goals i think there might be a problem, so will start to collect pkm's. Just wouldnt begin if SI wheere aware.

It doesn't matter if they're aware of issues or not. Most of the time they will be aware of issues, but PKMs are still needed to log bugs. If you have, please report it with PKMs.

13 hours ago, Nikopol said:

In my own experiences injuries are more common than last year, but they occur more often outside of matches. This doesn't bother me, in my perspective i had an unrealistically low amount of injuries in FM16 and this year seems a bit more authentic and challenging.

A bugbear of mine, I get the in game injuries but get really fed up with injuries done in the gym etc, IRL that very seldom happens if at all, strained abs, etc just a nonsense.

• Administrators
7 hours ago, roykela said:

This is likely due to the number of animation/match engine changes in 3D. Really two games running at the same time isn't supported behaviour but if we get a chance we'll try and investigate. 

32 minutes ago, jc1 said:

A bugbear of mine, I get the in game injuries but get really fed up with injuries done in the gym etc, IRL that very seldom happens if at all, strained abs, etc just a nonsense.

Do you employ sports scientist for each of your squads? Apparently Sports Scientist can "help stop the frequency of certain types of injuries and can help with players recovery. " - per Neil Brock SI on another thread.

12 minutes ago, mhaffy said:

Do you employ sports scientist for each of your squads? Apparently Sports Scientist can "help stop the frequency of certain types of injuries and can help with players recovery. " - per Neil Brock SI on another thread.

IRL Hibernian do have one but in game they do not, they have a personal trainer, players just don't get the amount of non playing injuries they do in the game, strained shoulder by doing weights, strained abs in the gym, etc, same as last year.

Just purchased and started up my save with Crewe.

One little thing I noticed. I rejected two offers for one of my 18 year old youngsters, Callum Ainley. I had a private chat with him, and he said that he has reached the point in his career where he is craving silverware. Really? The dude is 18 years old. Tad unrealistic if you ask me.

Apart from that, game seems awesome. Will post back when I have delved in deeper

5 minutes ago, kuraeero said:

Where can I find assistant manager's report on team morale and team cohesion? It used to be located under assistant manager --> reports tab if I remember correctly, but it's no longer there.

I think its under the analysis tab from the tactics screen.

9 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

What i've noticed is that FM freezes when i'm opening NVIDEA Geforce Experience .  As soon as i start it , the Game freezes (when a match is running)  . I'm playing in Windows Mode .

Nvidea Geforece Experience when opened, depending on the settings, looks to see what games you have on your PC, that are coompatible with NGE. It may be that whilst carrying out that operation which affects the game as NGE looks through the files. Presumably, once loaded the game continues? I also presume you mean that you were playing a game at the time.

Edited by Kazza

8 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Nvidea Geforece Experience when opened, depending on the settings, looks to see what games you have on your PC, that are coompatible with NGE. It may be that operation which affects the game as NGE looks through the files. Presumably, once loaded the game continues? I also presume you mean that you were playing a game at the time.

Yes it happens when a game is playing . It didn't happen with FM 16 

Edited by haffaz77

8 minutes ago, haffaz77 said:

Yes it happens with a game is playing . It didn't happen with FM 16 

I just loaded NGE whist playing and the game and it did not freeze. I have the game in full window mode?

Edited by Kazza

5 minutes ago, Kazza said:

I just loaded NGE whist playing and the game and it did not freeze. I have the game in full window mode?

When a game is playing and i just open NGE , it completely freezes . I have to close FM thru the taskmanager . Its no big deal tho . i just wont open nge anymore when im playing FM :D

What I do not understand is that I get the pre-match analysis saying my opposition is most vunerable to facing  (4-1-2-3 DM Wide) then my pre-match tactical advice tells me to play 4-4-2? Is that based on my players best positions and roles or is there a contradiction in these two sets of analysis/advice?

Bit of feedback here.

Firstly I'm noticing more missed passes and sloppy play which is good, there was always far too many inch perfect passes in the ME, 40-50 yd passes right onto the players foot, but now I'm seeing more bog standard passes and play which feels and looks more natural, especially in the lower leagues.

I can't see any glitches in the ME, no weird anomalies to report, the only strange thing I have noticed is during 3 friendlies there was absolutely no crowd whatsoever but you could hear the crowd noise in game, I've not looked through all posts, so I don't know if this has been reported before.

Hi, FM-ers.

One more.  It's on match attendance for World Cup Qualifier.  Once again, not too sure if it's a bug and has been reported.

Average attendance is 25,568 but the stands on the right side and behind the post is empty (please view the attached photo)

Argentina v Chile_ Pitch Full-3.gif

Argentina v Chile_ Pitch Full-2.gif

Hi, FM-ers.

One more.  It's on match attendance for World Cup Qualifier.  Once again, not too sure if it's a bug and has been reported.

Average attendance is 25,568 but the stands on the right side and behind the post is empty (please view the attached photo)

That good well be to do with your game settings. if your running on a low spec pc/laptop and the setting are low/med then as far as I know you do not get the crowds etc as they pull on your processor.

Edited by Kazza

36 minutes ago, Kazza said:

Hi, FM-ers.

That good well be to do with your game settings. if your running on a low spec pc/laptop and the setting are low/med then as far as I know you do not get the crowds etc as they pull on your processor.

Hi, Kazza.

Not really.  I've had my crowd setting on High.  Kindly refer to my attached photo.  Thank you.

Football Manager 2017_ Preferences Match-2.png

3 hours ago, eriktous said:

You're probably playing at the lowest video settings. Check the preferences to see if the crowd quality is set to at least low.

Ta for that, I did see a reply to this in the bugs forum, usually I don't have to change any settings as they are normally all ok, will check it next time I play.

Got it working now, cheers, setting was on very low for some strange reason.

Edited by jc1

On 25/10/2016 at 22:17, Kazza said:

HI

Just wanted to check with others: it seems that when my assman gives me views on set piece takers, it normally means that the set piece takers I have already set, appear to have been removed? Anyone else find this?

This keeps happening is it a fixture that the set piece takers start afresh or is it a bug? Constantly having to reset the set piece takers, seems odd to me. Would one of the devs please respond this is my third attempt at raising this issue. Before I report it as a bug I would like some feedback.

Edited by Kazza

Wanted to add my voice to those saying that free kicks are ridiculous.

I am playing in League One with Sheff Utd. I have 2 players with Free Kicks 14 and 15 respectively (both with 13+ Technique). I get highlights of at least 4 (often more) Free Kicks a game that are within 25 yards of the opposition goal. In 14 games played my players are yet to hit the target. They miss high or wide of the goal constantly. I understand if these attempts were being saved but to not even hit the target is just silly.

To give some perspective I watched my friend's Sunday League team and even in those game the target is hit at least once a game from players of far less ability.

Let's sort this out for release please.

16 hours ago, Herbie2100 said:

Is it just me or:

13 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

What Highlights level do choose when watching matches?

9 hours ago, Herbie2100 said:

Key, so it's 8 out of 20-25

9 hours ago, HUNT3R said:

This. 

Try watching one match in full and see if you're able to predict when the goals will go in. The vast majority of key highlights are goals. 

Payet is a free kick scoring machine in my game (18 for free kick taking). 8 goals so far this season (I'm in Feb); 6 from direct free kicks just outside the area into the top corner - typical Payet free kick goals really.

Edited by rp1966

Loving the beta, best version yet for me.

A couple of points Re the 3D match engine

Tackles, I know with the limited animation frames you are using it must be difficult portray the various moves fully, but in general tackles, are there some frames not working? I say this because there is occasionally a point where two players are challenging , but the just stand there, face to face, as if they are having a quick discussion on who should have the ball. Very polite I'm sure but not the game as we know it.

Is this going to be cleaned up in the release,?

Unfortunately, with this engine you don't really get the impression of the  physicality of football, an improvement in this aspect one year would take brilliant game up several levels. Seriously, just do a deal with Konami and use the PES engine :)

1 hour ago, Gruf said:

Loving the beta, best version yet for me.

A couple of points Re the 3D match engine

Tackles, I know with the limited animation frames you are using it must be difficult portray the various moves fully, but in general tackles, are there some frames not working? I say this because there is occasionally a point where two players are challenging , but the just stand there, face to face, as if they are having a quick discussion on who should have the ball. Very polite I'm sure but not the game as we know it.

Is this going to be cleaned up in the release,?

Unfortunately, with this engine you don't really get the impression of the  physicality of football, an improvement in this aspect one year would take brilliant game up several levels. Seriously, just do a deal with Konami and use the PES engine :)

Edited by Double0Seven

2 minutes ago, GOODNAME said:

The ME is almost perfect for me exept the injuris

For me there is too many injuris in the game and in traning 

This been up multiple times, theres not too many injuries , theres only too less injuries compared to real world. SI tweaked it to be around 75% of real life. 

Edited by Double0Seven