Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Earnie is God! said:

Agreed. Your coach might only have 'little knowledge' in squad management but no coach, no matter how poor or green is ever going to recommend a GK to take the corners.
If it was penalties then perhaps, seeing as a number of GKs in the past such as Rogerio Ceni and Jose Chilavert used to regularly take them for their clubs, but corners? Never.

I'd report it as a bug.

Yeah, please raise it here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/

Thanks. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Nuno Dias said:

Thanks for saying what i mean, that's why i use this forum so much, the friendly guys, like you...

Not really sure what response you were expecting by coming on to whine your team is losing and blaming the game for it rather than take some responsibility yourself. Presumably when you were winning every week this was ALL down to you? 

I lost my match stats widget when viewing in 2D classic  - so ticked but not displayed.

i can't locate the steps on the bugs forum to reset whatever needs to be done - 2-3 things from memory.

can anyone help pls?

cheers

5 hours ago, michaeltmurrayuk said:

According to the Online Manual for FM16 (FM17 one isn't out yet):

From what I have observed in the last few versions (no idea if it has changed in FM17), extra physios come into play when you have several players out injured all requiring treatment by your physio, if your physio is overloaded players will queue up with the awaiting treatment status rather than actually being treated.

Thanks for the clarification Michael.

Anyone else finding the new subscriptions style all over the place? In FM16 I'd receive match reports on every club I'd subscribe to, even for friendly games. However even when I 'follow' a club on FM17, I am never made aware of their results? It doesn't appear in the social feed, and I don't get news items about it.

Am I doing something wrong or has this just been taken out of the game now?

Hi, FM-ers.

Just wish to check.  My apology if my question sounds stupid and no offence, ya.  :stop:

Are bugs in our game random..?  What i mean is that, it might appear in my saved game but not necessarily appear in other people's saved game..?

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, ak71 said:

Hi, FM-ers.

Just wish to check.  My apology if my question sounds stupid and no offence, ya.  :stop:

Are bugs in our game random..?  What i mean is that, it might appear in my saved game but not necessarily appear in other people's saved game..?

Thank you.

A bug will appear in everybodies game as its an error in the coding.

That said depending what options and choices you make some bugs may be more obvious in one game compared to someone elses.  They also may be triggered by an option you select that someone else doesn't.

• SI Staff
16 hours ago, Davy611 said:

Hm. I think this is more general feedback than a bug. I won the NI Div 2 with Sport and Leisure in the first season. Large database but nothing edited. We had a budget of £450 pw or so which was pretty reasonable as all the players were non contract and on £40 basic appearances with pennies for add ons. Now, despite the club being in financial trouble apparently, the playing budget has been increased to £1600 pw which is more than the rest of the teams in the league I think. I can't spend it as the players I can sign are still only asking for £40-60pw. Also, the regens are on pennies (literally). It just seems like I'm being invited to cheat and this detracts from the realism. Am I missing something do you think?

Cheers for thoughts,

Davy

Hey Davy,

May be worth posting this in here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/ - along with uploading a save to our FTP from just before you get that budget. The proper people can then take a look into it for you.

Cheers,
Seb.

44 minutes ago, Cougar2010 said:

A bug will appear in everybodies game as its an error in the coding.

That said depending what options and choices you make some bugs may be more obvious in one game compared to someone elses.  They also may be triggered by an option you select that someone else doesn't.

Thanks Cougar for taking time to clarify my doubt. Really appreciate. :thup:

Excellent update this year chaps, well done.  :thup:

One niggle I do have is the new subscription system.  When I am ready to leave a club for pastures new, I used to subscribe to the leagues I would be interested in managing in (unticking everything except managerial departures) and my inbox would automatically tell me when someone left a club.  Now I have to trawl through the social media for it or just go to the Job Security tab, which is ludicrous as I have to do this several times a week.

Or am I missing something and I can still get it back the old way?

Otherwise I am loving it.  :D

• Administrators
9 minutes ago, Bleeding Gums Murphy said:

I appear to have lost the ability to rest players in bulk (Calendar > Downward arrow > Rest all players). The rest all players option seems to have vanished.

Is there something specific I need to do (the right staff members etc.) to be able to use this option, or is this a bug? 

Sounds like it could be an issue, please raise it in our UI bugs forum here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/516-user-interface-issues/

Thanks. 

21 hours ago, Kazza said:

Yep they are the cuplrits!

I am sure that they will cause unneccesary issues and potential complications, e.g headaches. They really do need to be looked at.

SI where would I raise this issue. It causes me some concern that the almost constant flashing hoardings are creating it difficult regardless of mods doing their "ads". It is an issue I would like SI to look into. And for those that do not understand why I am saying this, epilpsy can be triggered by repeated flashing. These are paricularly bad.

3 minutes ago, Kazza said:

SI where would I raise this issue. It causes me some concern that the almost constant flashing hoardings are creating it difficult regardless of mods doing their "ads". It is an issue I would like SI to look into. And for those that do not understand why I am saying this, epilpsy can be triggered by repeated flashing. These are paricularly bad.

Not just epilepsy but also migraines. I have set everything to very low and turned off everything graphically in an attempt to get rid of these flashing hoardings, but they appear to be the only thing that cant be toggled off.

• Administrators
18 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Is it me or clicking on a player profile from your squad has a slight delay like half a second or so ? didn't happen in 17.0.1

You running custom graphics/logos/skins etc?

49 minutes ago, hluraven said:

Not just epilepsy but also migraines. I have set everything to very low and turned off everything graphically in an attempt to get rid of these flashing hoardings, but they appear to be the only thing that cant be toggled off.

I have raised the issue in the bugs forum. Hopefully I will get a response from them.

Edited by Kazza

On 01/11/2016 at 12:15, phnompenhandy said:

To focus on a specific hypothetical example, Manchester United can hire a DA and pay them the lowest going rate, say part-time 50 quid  week.

FC United of Manchester, which is a well-run, solvent club (I'm managing them now) can't hire one. 

Does seem a bit inconsistent, there. I hope at the very least the minimum wage for a DA and SS is high enough to be beyond the reach of small clubs. Can anyone managing a big club check that?

Have you requested to your board to hire one? I had to, and now have one on the payroll (as Boston, same division as you) :)

1 minute ago, Scotty Walds said:

Have you requested to your board to hire one? I had to, and now have one on the payroll (as Boston, same division as you) :)

I did, no dice.  Good for you though, how much, what attributes, how he/she doing?

Edited by phnompenhandy

Not sure if it's just coincidence (hard to tell as i don't have much time to play) but since the last update it has been goals galore (mainly due to appalling goalkeeping). 4-1, 3-0, 3-2, 5-2, 5-3, have been the scores in the games i've played since the update

13 minutes ago, phnompenhandy said:

I did, no dice.  Good for you though, how much, what attributes, how he/she doing?

Attributes don't matter... but I just advertised in the Job Centre, and hired one of the applicants on £10k a year.

I quite like the next opposition reports and the post-match analysis. Just confirms my tactics are OK - especially the passing stats.

Edited by Scotty Walds

2 minutes ago, Scotty Walds said:

Attributes don't matter... but I just advertised in the Job Centre, and hired one of the applicants on £10k a year.

I quite like the next opposition reports and the post-match analysis. Just confirms my tactics are OK - especially the passing stats.

You just went for the cheapest one, then? Were there others expecting more?

Update re the Flashing of the Ad Boards:

3 hours ago, Kazza said:

A number of us have raised the issue of the flashing ad boards in the feedback section.

"T his is easily my biggest complaint about FM17. I hate those flashing billboards, and it seems to be getting worse. In the first beta, only that Motorsport Manager one was really irritating; since the update the Pro:Sport one is even more annoying.  A simple option to turn them off in preferences should be in the game. "

"It causes me some concern that the almost constant flashing hoardings are creating it difficult regardless of mods doing their "ads". It is an issue I would like SI to look into. And for those that do not understand why I am saying this, epilpsy and migraines can be triggered by repeated flashing. These are paricularly bad."

I was asked to raise the issue here. Hopefully something can be done about it.

Cheers

Thanks for raising this @Kazza

It's been passed over to the dev team now.

Cheers,
Dan

6 hours ago, Boss said:

Anyone else finding the new subscriptions style all over the place? In FM16 I'd receive match reports on every club I'd subscribe to, even for friendly games. However even when I 'follow' a club on FM17, I am never made aware of their results? It doesn't appear in the social feed, and I don't get news items about it.

Am I doing something wrong or has this just been taken out of the game now?

Any chance anyone in the know can get back to me on this?

See another member posted just below me on the same issue.

Good:

• Match engine seems in great shape. Most dramatic leap forward in graphics in a while. Lots more variety in transitions. Quality of play at lower levels seems worse (in a good way!), with moves breaking down because of believably stray passes. Crosses aren't as absurdly dominant as they were in FM16 (although full/wing backs still get much higher ratings than other positions, and you can presumably still exploit this by selling them at inflated prices every year or two). Prior to 17.1 it felt like there were too many awful shots — and just low shot accuracy in general — but I'm not getting that sense now. Don't know whether anything changed in that regard, but I'm not scratching my head at bizarre row-Z shots as often post-update.
  • UI feels a little more polished throughout. I got confused about one or two things moving to odd places (like looking at a player's ability with their weaker foot), but in general it seems slicker than before. Little details like keeping the Tutoring menu in the same view/on the same screen are nice.
  • I like the player promises and greater detail in transfers and contracts. Remains to be seen how that all pans out over the course of a season or five, though. I've always felt Backup/Rotation players gripe over playtime a little more than is reasonable, for instance.
  • Genuinely love the Brexit stuff, though I'm surprised it's not a pre-game option you can just adjust for each save. I guess the idea is to force people to grapple with it rather than just turning it off?

Bad:

• Not much to report here. I will say it seems people are having problems tinkering and modding behind the scenes, with the game not respecting changes to certain files after updates. SI probably can't comment officially on that sort of thing, but it might be worth taking a look at...
  • I guess I have a slight philosophical problem with how frequently your staff suggest things to you now and how much of the game can just be run from your inbox. I appreciate that it's good for novice players, but it feels a little too paternalistic and intrusive to me, especially because their advice is still pretty hit-or-miss, and I feel bad rejecting them over and over.
  • Also disappointed that, from what I've heard, stranger player roles like inverted wing backs and half backs still aren't working as advertised. It always feels like the engine respects more conventional tactics — and especially traditional English wing play — and doesn't always do justice to the diversity of global football. Sure, you can make some wacky asymmetric thing work, and you can trick the game into something resembling modern gegenpressing or la salida lavolpiana in very narrow contexts, but in general it's safer and more consistent to just bang in any old 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.
  • I actually loathe the player avatar. The jacket is horribly ill-fitting! He's not even wearing a belt! I wish you could turn him off entirely, especially how he appears on the main splash screen.

Confusing:

• I'm not sure what the social feed adds except vague "immersion". And that gets eroded when you realize how predictable it is: in 90% of cases, everything that happens will get two positive comments and one contrarian one; you could sign Messi for Leeds and one of your fans would still say, "Not sure what all the fuss is about #Messi #Leeds". I get that it's just been rolled out, and it doesn't cost anything to glance at it or not, but any time the series uses writing or flavor text to communicate things it tends to get transparently repetitive over time. See also: press conferences and player interactions.

15 minutes ago, Double Indemnity said:

Not much to report here. I will say it seems people are having problems tinkering and modding behind the scenes, with the game not respecting changes to certain files after updates. SI probably can't comment officially on that sort of thing, but it might be worth taking a look at...

Never has.... Always reverts any file changes after an update... for obvious reasons..

18 minutes ago, Altair said:

Any possibility to reward beta people to get the full game tomorrow? Please? I mean before 00:00 I can't wait. :D

Do you imagine they are just holding it back a few days and not working on it? If they released the game... it wouldn't be much different to what you are playing now...

2 minutes ago, Welshace said:

Do you imagine they are just holding it back a few days and not working on it? If they released the game... it wouldn't be much different to what you are playing now...

I just need the editor :D

1 minute ago, Double Indemnity said:

Right, you should have to re-apply any edits for new saves; that makes sense. But from what I've read, this is apparently affecting saves already underway.

No, you have to re-apply it after ever game update as steam does looking for "lost" files and downloading them again.

I am having an issue as Liverpool. I finished 3rd and qualified for the champions league however when lever I try to sign a high profile player that wants to play in the champions league they say they have no interest in joining as the club are not in the champions league. The group stages have even been drawn.

4 minutes ago, KUBI said:

No, you have to re-apply it after ever game update as steam does looking for "lost" files and downloading them again.

Apologies, I must be mis-remembering. But the way people are talking about it in the usual places I look suggests it's behaving oddly this year and reverting things when it shouldn't. Maybe it'll be resolved on full release.

12 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Also finding a lot of lag when clicking on players on the squad screen compared to before. No custom packs at all.

Feel free to create a thread in the bug reporting section about this... as the overwhelming majority of users are having a much better experience with the ui this year.

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Feel free to create a thread in the bug reporting section about this... as the overwhelming majority of users are having a much better experience with the ui this year.

Will do! It was very smooth on 17.0.1 it's since the update to 17.1.1

2 hours ago, Double Indemnity said:

Good:

• Match engine seems in great shape. Most dramatic leap forward in graphics in a while. Lots more variety in transitions. Quality of play at lower levels seems worse (in a good way!), with moves breaking down because of believably stray passes. Crosses aren't as absurdly dominant as they were in FM16 (although full/wing backs still get much higher ratings than other positions, and you can presumably still exploit this by selling them at inflated prices every year or two). Prior to 17.1 it felt like there were too many awful shots — and just low shot accuracy in general — but I'm not getting that sense now. Don't know whether anything changed in that regard, but I'm not scratching my head at bizarre row-Z shots as often post-update.
  • UI feels a little more polished throughout. I got confused about one or two things moving to odd places (like looking at a player's ability with their weaker foot), but in general it seems slicker than before. Little details like keeping the Tutoring menu in the same view/on the same screen are nice.
  • I like the player promises and greater detail in transfers and contracts. Remains to be seen how that all pans out over the course of a season or five, though. I've always felt Backup/Rotation players gripe over playtime a little more than is reasonable, for instance.
  • Genuinely love the Brexit stuff, though I'm surprised it's not a pre-game option you can just adjust for each save. I guess the idea is to force people to grapple with it rather than just turning it off?

Bad:

• Not much to report here. I will say it seems people are having problems tinkering and modding behind the scenes, with the game not respecting changes to certain files after updates. SI probably can't comment officially on that sort of thing, but it might be worth taking a look at...
  • I guess I have a slight philosophical problem with how frequently your staff suggest things to you now and how much of the game can just be run from your inbox. I appreciate that it's good for novice players, but it feels a little too paternalistic and intrusive to me, especially because their advice is still pretty hit-or-miss, and I feel bad rejecting them over and over.
  • *Also disappointed that, from what I've heard, stranger player roles like inverted wing backs and half backs still aren't working as advertised.** It always feels like the engine respects more conventional tactics — and especially traditional English wing play — and doesn't always do justice to the diversity of global football. Sure, you can make some wacky asymmetric thing work, and you can trick the game into something resembling modern gegenpressing or la salida lavolpiana in very narrow contexts, but in general it's safer and more consistent to just bang in any old 4-4-2 or 4-2-3-1.
  • I actually loathe the player avatar. The jacket is horribly ill-fitting! He's not even wearing a belt! I wish you could turn him off entirely, especially how he appears on the main splash screen.

Confusing:

• I'm not sure what the social feed adds except vague "immersion". And that gets eroded when you realize how predictable it is: in 90% of cases, everything that happens will get two positive comments and one contrarian one; you could sign Messi for Leeds and one of your fans would still say, "Not sure what all the fuss is about #Messi #Leeds". I get that it's just been rolled out, and it doesn't cost anything to glance at it or not, but any time the series uses writing or flavor text to communicate things it tends to get transparently repetitive over time. See also: press conferences and player interactions.

*Although I agree that some roles are not working as I expect them to, I am not sure whether they don't work as SI wants them to. I think I have different ideas(concepts) about those roles. For instance the wingers "debate".

** I always felt the same and a bit frustrated of not being able to apply deeply some kind of football. 

How are people finding freekicks just outside the area? The ones I see are always directed at goal but tend to always go over the top of the goal, occasionally bounce off the wall.  Not seen many real quality free-kicks, not complaining just observing.

Edited by Kazza