Football Manager 2017 Pre-Release Beta Feedback Thread

I am still playing with the photo / face thingy, this will keep me amused for a while yet :D

I uploaded a pic & did the thing, it was great, except that I now look like I'm from the South-Asian subcontinent - probably cos the photo was slightly dark! Brilliant :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks almost identical to last year (which is a good thing - and love the skin) but i'd be really happy if you could tell me how I can look at a players attributes on their profile WITHOUT the 'role' stats being highlighted...I hate that.

I know I can turn it off by selecting 'clear selected role' but that's not a permanent turn off and as soon as you click away and then back again, the key role stats are highlighted again...

Please advise me on how to turn off permanently.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Anaconda Vice said:

Limited Defender and Limited Full Back are now Defensive Centerback and Defensive Full Back. Unsure if any difference.

Just a language change as for some translations it indicated the players weren't very good.

1 minute ago, JPChenet said:

Don't finish work until 10pm tonight. Grrrr. Now clock watching!

One question though... can i load up my FM16 tactics? 

You'll probably be able to load them, but beyond the basic shape, you'll probably want to change things around as the ME has changed.

• SI Staff
6 minutes ago, Ruh Roh said:

Really don't dig the new regen faces. IMO they look too angry and too similar to each other

Hey Ruh Roh. If you've any specific issues with the newgen facegen do head over to here - https://community.sigames.com/forum/518-other-gameplay-issues/ - and we can get them looked at.

• SI Staff
9 minutes ago, warlock said:

First issue: I like the new Squad Depth screen with player depth for each position, but 433wide isn't in the formation list, and you can't drag players in the 433narrow to recreate the formation. And there's no "current formation" option even if 433wide has been created in the 'tactics' screen. The same issue seems to apply if you want an asymmetric formation - the 4141-asym formations are included, but you can't create, say, a 442 with a wide-mid player pushed up to the AM line.

Unless I'm missing something, this seems like a major oversight! 

Thank you Warlock for your feedback.

4-3-3 Wide is not one of the default formations, so this is the reason this is not selectable on the Squad Depth drop-down.
You can select 4-2-4 Wide if you would like a "wide-mid player pushed up to the AM Line".
I do like your idea about having a "Current Formation" drop down. I suggest you post this in the UI Section for a feature request idea or on a wishlist.

Cheers,

Nic

So the roles are now basically un-editable. Before I could set my central midfielder to act more like central winger, but now for most roles you can't set with the ball options, etc.

This is poor for me. I always liked to customize the roles for my needs.

2 minutes ago, Nic Madden said:

4-3-3 Wide is not one of the default formations, so this is the reason this is not selectable on the Squad Depth drop-down.
You can select 4-2-4 Wide if you would like a "wide-mid player pushed up to the AM Line".
I do like your idea about having a "Current Formation" drop down. I suggest you post this in the UI Section for a feature request idea or on a wishlist.

Nic, thanks for the response but I've updated my original post. The formation from the 'tactics' screen (however you've customised it, is in the formations list in the 'squad depth' screen. The in-game choice of name (451wide instead of 433wide) is what was confusing me. Sorry for confusing you too :)

More  a question that might have been touched upon. re skins and stuff.  I copied correct path into lanch properties but no access to skin i want. What am i doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

Just now, Kazza said:

More  a question that might have been touched upon. re skins and stuff.  I copied correct path into lanch properties but no access to skin i want. What am i doing wrong? Any help appreciated.

As in default skins? or downloaded skins from fm16?

If the former... the game is now looking for the default skins in the new location and cant find them (manually copy them over) .. if the latter.. they probably wont work with the new game and you'll have to wait for them to be updated by the creator.

• SI Staff
2 minutes ago, warlock said:

Nic, thanks for the response but I've updated my original post. The formation from the 'tactics' screen (however you've customised it, is in the formations list in the 'squad depth' screen. The in-game choice of name (451wide instead of 433wide) is what was confusing me. Sorry for confusing you too :)

No worries Warlock, it is best to raise things overall and thanks for the reply, glad you like the FR, I think it is a great addition to the game myself, very helpful when taking over a team that you don't know every player.

I would definitely post the wish list idea of current formation as a choice in the UI Thread, though I am sure most formations should be covered by the drop-down :).

Cheers,

Nic

Just now, Welshace said:

As in default skins? or downloaded skins from fm16?

If the former... the game is now looking for the default skins in the new location and cant find them (manually copy them over) .. if the latter.. they probably wont work with the new game and you'll have to wait for them to be updated by the creator.

Cheers it is the latter so will wait thanks for the quick response.

1 minute ago, Kazza said:

How did you get the background images to work?

If you are using the default skin and have custom background images in your graphics folder, they just work.

Just now, Tyggis said:

Where do you guys get these background images?

I got mine from SortitoutSI (are we allowed to talk about 3rd party sites ?)

Edited by treble_yell_:-)

First impressions on starting the game is that everything looks exactly the same as FM16 - Usually there's quite a few cosmetic changes, but apart from the team report screen, I've yet to view a screen that's in any way different from the last one. On the one hand, that's great for familiarity, but slightly disappointed at the same time, I like a bit of freshness to the UI every year. 

2 minutes ago, Dagenham_Dave said:

First impressions on starting the game is that everything looks exactly the same as FM16 - Usually there's quite a few cosmetic changes, but apart from the team report screen, I've yet to view a screen that's in any way different from the last one. On the one hand, that's great for familiarity, but slightly disappointed at the same time, I like a bit of freshness to the UI every year. 

Keep playing.. you'll notice subtle differences that make life easier... the inbox is my personal fave

1 minute ago, Welshace said:

Keep playing.. you'll notice subtle difference that make life easier... the inbox is my personal fave

Oh absolutely, it was just a first impression. The UI does seem to be slicker in its movement from screen to screen, which is nice. 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Manutd19999 said:

why cant i lauch fm 2017 all of my graphics are all up to date as i was playing fm 16 today and i even reinstalled steam and validated the cache 3 times

Please raise the issue here and we'll try to help - https://community.sigames.com/forum/513-crashes-and-technical-issues-on-pc/

So once you set your manager at the beginning of the game, you can't play as other? Shame, as I tend to play with manager of nationality and name of the league I play in.

And how do you change background? For me its white on default skin, with green overlay on some screens.

One of the issues I think I may have with the new game. 

Chief Data Analyst and sport scientist have no information on what mental or coaching attributes would be useful for either position? Is this intentional or a oversight by FM? 

Just now, Firehouse said:

So once you set your manager at the beginning of the game, you can't play as other? Shame, as I tend to play with manager of nationality and name of the league I play in.

And how do you change background? For me its white on default skin, with green overlay on some screens.

Of course you can... you can change the manager however you like before starting your save after creating the game.