Football Manager 2016 - Official Beta Feedback

Speaking about the highlighted attributes. I really, really like the feature that you can see now "key attributes" and "useful attributes", but I am irritated that you can't seem to highlight attributes for just one specific role of your choosing. Is that correct or am I missing something? I can either highlight "last played position" or I can highlight "best positions", but that often is 3 of them at once. If I want to know or remind myself what's different in terms of attributes between fullback on support and wingback on attack, I can't seem to hightlight that anymore, if both positions are seen as "best positions" for my player?

You can still do this, but you need to be on the attributes page, it doesn't work on the profile page. I've now got it defaulted to that as I find the automatically highlighted attributes a bit irritating.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not quite with you? are you wanting to take away the highlighted attributes from the profile page (which you have done already) or set the default opening page to something else?

Sorry, maybe i was being unclear. What i mean is that i dont want any attributes highlighted by default when i visit a players attribute page. I managed to remove the autohighlight on the profile page, but not on the attribute page.

So researchers on data forums say that they are only going to fix glaring data issues in January, not for release. Do I understand correctly that beta is only for all non-data problems and you guys are happy to release game with data errors?

Data and the perception of its accuracy is all rather subjective. Just because you feel that an expensive young player should be more highly rated, doesn't necessarily mean that he should be.

So researchers on data forums say that they are only going to fix glaring data issues in January, not for release. Do I understand correctly that beta is only for all non-data problems and you guys are happy to release game with data errors?

If the French researchers are happy with their rating of the player & the Man Utd & Premier League researchers feel that they have not seen enough to make a judgement then that all seems very reasonable.

All I would suggest it to make your case in the data forum, be very constructive in your post & make sure you explain the reasons why certain attributes should be increased & if other disagree accept their opinion with good grace.

Seriously, with the number of people who have disagreed with you over Martial for last few days, haven't you thought to yourself "it's a subjective thing player ratings, maybe I should give it a rest and "fix" the game myself when the editor comes out, and stop clogging up the forums with my OPINION."?

Not once?

FM16 Beta is very good!

I really like all the new features I've seen so far.

By the way, in Tactics Screen it would be nice to be able to use the dropdown menu with the suggested players for a position also when a "Hide Players" filter is on. Or when you are about to submit team to show only available players (not loaned players, injured or banned)

A really annoying thing in the tactics screen is when you use the drop down to pick a player, clicking on the player's name now takes you to his profile. I couldn't remember this happening before, so I just loaded up FM15 to see if it was just me, and on that, the player's names aren't clickable at that point. Quite often, I've gone to pick a player from the drop down list and went to his profile in error. Now you have to click over to the side. It's not a massive issue, but I don't see why it's changed.

Mchbitil, we have tried telling you this before, and it's getting a little old..

They would certainly fix any game breaking data issues for sure, wanting Martial upgraded because you think he is the best player in the team is not in the realm of game breaking, it is a matter of opinion. You will have every chance of changing Martial however you wish with the free of charge pre game editor that SI provide for this very reason.

I really don't want to be having another conversation outside the data forums about this.

I've just seen Mr. Flash Peter Whittinham use a kind of inside backheel to take an indirect freekick.

Should I try and get a pkm or is it a new showboating feature?

A number of new animations relate to fancy little tricks like that. If you think it looks odd, then feel free to upload a .pkm, but it just sounds like one of the new animations in action.

I've just seen Mr. Flash Peter Whittinham use a kind of inside backheel to take an indirect freekick.

Should I try and get a pkm or is it a new showboating feature?

We'll take a look at that if you wouldn't mind uploading the PKM please. Open up a new thread here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues and I'll take a look. Cheers.

A number of new animations relate to fancy little tricks like that. If you think it looks odd, then feel free to upload a .pkm, but it just sounds like one of the new animations in action.

Yeah if it had happened in open play I wouldn't have commented on it at all, but it did look bizarre to take an indirect free kick on the halfway line in that manner - but not quite bizarre enough to scream bug. I guess i'll upload it and they can take or leave it.

I've found that when you set specific instructions for a player in a certain position, it only stays locked in that tactic. Am I wrong in thinking that FM15 let you retain those instructions anytime the player was in that position, regardless of tactics being used? I'd really like this to be possible.

Not sure if anyone else has had this but my I am playing the intra-squad friendly offered at the start and both teams are wearing the same kit.

Certainly sounds like a bug. Could you please upload a .pkm to the Match Engine Bugs forum?

http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/505-Match-Engine-Issues

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/437124-Reporting-a-Match-Engine-Problem

• Administrators
Not sure if anyone else has had this but my I am playing the intra-squad friendly offered at the start and both teams are wearing the same kit.

What team are you playing as? Is this in 2D or 3D?

One main complain. The blurring out of the screen looks terrible, really really bad. Other than that, haven't played that much but the match engine looks amazing.

I think it looks really good, modern and clean. The opposite of your feelings.

Sadly I also find the blurring really really unhelpful - and therefore share your feelings of wanting it gone/optional

A seriously petty quibble: for years you've used the year number (11, 12, 13, etc.) as the small icon in the program tray, and now you've switched to a small "FM". I really prefer the previous approach.

Exactly this, this bothers me so much :L

In the custom colour settings in the Interface preference screen, there are three colours named:

Custom Skin Colour 1

Custom Skin Colour 2

Custom Skin Colour 3

They're currently all the same shade of green. Does anyone know what they are, or am I going to have to try changing them to see what happens?

• Administrators
Not sure if this Is a bug, just left my board to negotiate a transfer for an 18yr old prospect worth 750k and they concluded a deal for 18.75m (my entire transfer budget !)

Could you raise it here please? - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/516-Transfers-Contracts-and-Scouting-Issues

Thanks.

Not entirely sure of the point of this post but today I've been laughing along at the points showing how terrible the newgen faces are, but for the last wee while I've been sat at my desk kind of playing FM whilst studying, with FM up on my large TV on the other side of the room. When my new youth recruits came through, with the benefit of distance some (not all) of their pictures actually could pass as photographs.

Not sure if I got a good bunch or just being too close to screen harms them, but there are obviously good faces in there somewhere!

I see there's still the annoying issue of getting a team report, then a list of players from that team who are 'willing' to join you on loan. Then you look at the scout report and they actually have no intention of coming to your club on loan. Is this just a bit of dodgy coding, or is there a reason I'm missing why it does this?

I see there's still the annoying issue of getting a team report, then a list of players from that team who are 'willing' to join you on loan. Then you look at the scout report and they actually have no intention of coming to your club on loan. Is this just a bit of dodgy coding, or is there a reason I'm missing why it does this?

Huh, I always thought that was working as intended, it was just the scout giving you a list of players that the 'team' would be willing to loan you, only to find out not all of those players would agree to the loan.... maybe I'm wrong?

But yes, it is annoying to find a player you want on the list and then see he has no intention of joining.

Huh, I always thought that was working as intended, it was just the scout giving you a list of players that the 'team' would be willing to loan you, only to find out not all of those players would agree to the loan.... maybe I'm wrong?

But yes, it is annoying to find a player you want on the list and then see he has no intention of joining.

It does say the 'following players are willing to join on loan'. But the last five I've tried to take on loan from this have all point blank refused, even when offering key player status. I've offered for them all for the full season, I'll maybe try a short term loan and see if this is why they're not willing to join...

Liking lots of what I see in FM16 but I am really disappointed with the limitations of Create-a-club.

The title implies that you can create your own fantasy club, presumably with players of your choice, you have licence to dream.

In reality this is not the case because:

- you can't edit finances hence...

- ... you can't edit the wage bill hence...

- .. you can't add your own / create your own players, expect within very strict limits

Hence, the create-a-club options are very cosmetic e.g. playing colours, name, badge. So, you're not really creating a club at all.

People will have different ways in which they wanted to use this. For me, I wanted to use it to edit a current club e.g. my beloved Sunderland, make a few tweaks re. the badge, stadium, and then add a team of legendary former players.

Whatever people will use this for they'll have one thing in common, they want, in some way or other, to indulge themselves. But the restrictions mean we can't do this, the creativity is very very limited.

Why have you done this, SI?

I suspect I have an answer, that this is meant to dovetail with "fantasy draft" and I understand there would need to be limitations for that in order to have game balance.

However, forcing these limitations on the single player is a mistake IMO. Furthermore, I will be frank with you, this is not "creating a club" and as it stands, you have mis-sold the product. I know this is Beta and you may make changes but, even at Beta level, this is pretty poor, SI.

Constructive suggestions:

- remove all limitations on create-a-club. Let people edit their stadium size, finances, wage bill, add new players, create their own players (unlimited, beyond "2" please)

- by all means, put some kind of lock in if people wish to play fantasy draft - that's understandable, but don't force it on the rest of us

- think about how you market things, and whether the reality sits with that - because when it doesn't you lose goodwill, and people don't buy your product. I've skipped editions of FM because of lost goodwill, that means you lost my money, and one day we won't come back

Strong criticism from me - now take it on the chin SI :)

Really enjoying it at the moment. For some reason though there are no fans when I view a match in 3D. I've checked the settings and I have it selected. But still no fans. Have not seen anyone else have this problem as yet so is it something I can fix?

I believe that the Create a Club was made the way it is so that the same feature can work on full fat FM and FMT. Those modes have databases that are different, so some things can't be edited as it could break functionality with the other game mode.

To do what you want Lord Rowell just use the normal editor when its released.

Hopefully at some pouint in a future FM the two game modes can use the same database.

It's a really minor thing, but in past versions when you clicked on the profile of a free agent, the top section of the profile would be colour coded to match his country (eg it would be dark blue if he was Scottish, etc). In this version, all free agents seem to have this burgundy and yellow concoction. As I said, it's nowhere close to a major issue, but I did prefer the older way. Maybe I'm just getting old and not as receptive to change anymore :D

Archived