Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

The constant bugs in this game at this stage are a joke. I'm playing as Rangers and one of my defenders starts complaining about the lack of first team football, he's pretty gash and his contract is up in the summer so I tell him I'll sell him as soon as I can. After the January transfer window passes no one comes in for him so I decide to release him. Then a few weeks later I have the whole squad unhappy because I gave into his demands and played him? This needs sorted ASAP, pathetic these issues are still appearing 4 months after release.

That's a bad one. Did you log it in the bugs forum?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The constant bugs in this game at this stage are a joke. I'm playing as Rangers and one of my defenders starts complaining about the lack of first team football, he's pretty gash and his contract is up in the summer so I tell him I'll sell him as soon as I can. After the January transfer window passes no one comes in for him so I decide to release him. Then a few weeks later I have the whole squad unhappy because I gave into his demands and played him? This needs sorted ASAP, pathetic these issues are still appearing 4 months after release.

Report that bug, with a save game if possible. That sounds like a nasty one, particularly in lower league management.

Something I wish SI would put into this game is this: I just offered a player out for loan and 50 clubs offered. Some teams are offer him to be a cover for the first team, some are offering him to be a first teamer and others are offering him to be a valuable first teamer. I wish there was a filter to filter out/in the different squad role offers. For this guy, I want to filter out all the "cover for first team", or maybe even just show the clubs that are offering him to be a "valuable first teamer"

You do know that you can do this, right? .....

When you offer to player out, select the status that you want him to have and tick the lock symbol to make it non-negotiable. This way the only teams that will offer are those that can give the player that squad status, or greater.

I'm not playing with any of these clubs. But this is just amazing. First season.

10 goals in first half.

I'll bite - that's not real. Could you post the final score of that match, showing the players selected please?

Actually, you're right. Current game time is only an hour after the mentioned game was supposed to have kicked off. I call shenanigans, although I'm puzzled as to why...

Some things I often see are defenders who try to pass it back to the keeper when under pressure but miss and give away a corner. It is happening too often and even my defenders with good composure seem to do it.

Corner delivery is just horrible. Near post never goes near post and its just looks random to me.

Keeper distribution is an issue. My keeper has a 60% passing completion rate because he ignores my instruction 50% of the time. Its getting annoying.

This is the final score :D They didn't score anything in second half.

nKSD6Kz.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0bgd8obmn88yc8q/Bastia_v_Nice.pkm

This is the .pkm

I don't know how to upload it to FTP and I don't have time right now to do so, because I must leave for uni. But hope it's not a problem.

Well, there's only one thing to say to that...

...that's Nice. :D

Well, better to say that, than to call me frauder or something like that. Like I purposely want to make FM look bad.

It looked odd with the current game time given the game wouldn't have been over by then. You since provided the pkm, so it's clearly real. No-one called you a fraud, or anything close to it.

Would be interested to find out the keepers half time rating having conceded nine. Must've had a hell of a second to finish on 6.

Well, better to say that, than to call me frauder or something like that. Like I purposely want to make FM look bad.

Apologies if the below is the comment that made you feel accused of being a fraudster!

I'll bite - that's not real. Could you post the final score of that match, showing the players selected please?

The fact is, I'm tired of seeing one-off incidents posted in these forums, because it just acts as a magnet for people to pounce on and bash the game with. I've genuinely never seen a scoreline like this in FM15 (barring the Brazilian State Championships, and even there it is very rare) and so it made me enormously sceptical.

Aay7mq0.jpg

I'm not playing with any of these clubs. But this is just amazing. First season.

10 goals in first half.

I posted earlier in the thread with a game I was playing in where we were 6-2 up at half time, like the game you posted there were no goals in the second half.

The opposition keeper still got a good score because of the amount of saves he actually made in the game.

This is how the first half went, quite amazing and took a long time to get through the highlights as you would imagine. :)

http://cloud-4.steamusercontent.com/ugc/27351070218403407/973EF51DA5BCF0883D0657375C533AAE4C0D3D3D/

Mods/SI..

How many significant ME/AI/actual game changes do you think we will be looking at for the new patch?

Don't want posters popping up basically describing a new game that needs creating, would just be good to see where the game is at right now because generally speaking I am happy with the game and don't want the patch to have a major effect on how I approach the game generally speaking. Certainly from a tactical point of view. I have really nailed that aspect and would hate for ME changes to harm that.

Thanks.

Anyone know if any changes will be made to set pieces? I last scored from a corner in 1933 and thought I would try something new. Added take short corners, had a man offering short, had about 8 corners in the match and all were lumped straight into the box. Set pieces are absolutely woeful in general but at least allow players to go with instructions...

Mods/SI..

How many significant ME/AI/actual game changes do you think we will be looking at for the new patch?

Don't want posters popping up basically describing a new game that needs creating, would just be good to see where the game is at right now because generally speaking I am happy with the game and don't want the patch to have a major effect on how I approach the game generally speaking. Certainly from a tactical point of view. I have really nailed that aspect and would hate for ME changes to harm that.

Thanks.

If you've 'nailed' the tactical aspect from a logical basis, no ME change will ever affect it. Of course, by having 'nailed' it, it could be you're exploiting a weakness in the engine (consciously or otherwise), in which case you'll always run the risk of it falling apart post-update.

Mods/SI..

Thanks.

Dave gave a pretty solid answer here, but I'll just add that if your tactic is sound for the right reasons, it will be sound afterwards. There will be changes of course, and you may notice, and if you are relying on certain match engine quirks for success, they may well disappear. For example, if you are scoring a lot of goals on rebounds off the keeper from a direct free kick, you will find that changed. But outside of stuff like that, good sound tactics will actually work even better with the update as some issues will be addressed.

Dave gave a pretty solid answer here, but I'll just add that if your tactic is sound for the right reasons, it will be sound afterwards. There will be changes of course, and you may notice, and if you are relying on certain match engine quirks for success, they may well disappear. For example, if you are scoring a lot of goals on rebounds off the keeper from a direct free kick, you will find that changed. But outside of stuff like that, good sound tactics will actually work even better with the update as some issues will be addressed.

Has there been enhancement of the representation of player attributes in the engine particularly eg tecnhical ?

If you've 'nailed' the tactical aspect from a logical basis, no ME change will ever affect it. Of course, by having 'nailed' it, it could be you're exploiting a weakness in the engine (consciously or otherwise), in which case you'll always run the risk of it falling apart post-update.

Brilliant! And thank you both for the responses!

The tactic is no exploit that I know of. After spending every version of this game since 2005 trying to find "my way of playing" through downloads, giving up after 1 defeat, I have finally through the help of looking at successful tactics, reading guides, wwfan's input, my own interpretation.. created my own solid, defensive but tactic which can break well that does the trick for me. It is by no means perfect, but I love it. I just do not want a new patch to effect that even though I want one to fix the general bugs/data update etc.

Brilliant! And thank you both for the responses!

The tactic is no exploit that I know of. After spending every version of this game since 2005 trying to find "my way of playing" through downloads, giving up after 1 defeat, I have finally through the help of looking at successful tactics, reading guides, wwfan's input, my own interpretation.. created my own solid, defensive but tactic which can break well that does the trick for me. It is by no means perfect, but I love it. I just do not want a new patch to effect that even though I want one to fix the general bugs/data update etc.

You'll find people like wwfan never change their way of playing. They stick to their (which corresponds to real life logic) tactical basics and always over-perform. In recent years, I've done the same with the same outcome. I never have to change a tactic to suit a ME. I stick to the principles I know and it works. You'll still have the tactic playing slightly different (obviously) because of ME changes, but you create so many different chances that it still "works". One-dimensional tactics are usually the ones that suffer when that particular way of scoring goals (which usually is exploitative) is improved with a new ME.

On my match screen (looking at the pitch as the game is played) I always set up a team ratings box for my own team, and a formation box for my opposition. Playing in La Liga, I have noticed that instead of staying that way (as it did in FM14), when I play an away match the data in this box swaps, so that the team ratings box shows my opposition, and the formation box shows my own formation.

Was this change implemented on purpose, and if not, is it being fixed? I really don't want to have to change it each time.

Thanks!

I don't see the point in restricting the scouting to a maximum of 500 players, because I can scout those and if I select other 500 I add them to the scouting pool too.

Removing this limit would make it easier to scout large amounts of players without having to select groups of 500 each time.

Has there been enhancement of the representation of player attributes in the engine particularly eg tecnhical ?

I think you will see a difference for some, yes, in a positive way.

how about getting the finances in the german 1st division right...? now on average a club is making 25 million € (EBIT) in first year (it continues)... crazy!!! based on information i found on the internet it should be at most round about 5 million, and that is probably still 1 million above real life numbers... and the same happens for serie A and other leagues. just ruins the whole experience!!! what kind of challange it is, when i can buy Lukaku for FC Augsburg... :rolleyes:

You'll find people like wwfan never change their way of playing. They stick to their (which corresponds to real life logic) tactical basics and always over-perform. In recent years, I've done the same with the same outcome. I never have to change a tactic to suit a ME. I stick to the principles I know and it works. You'll still have the tactic playing slightly different (obviously) because of ME changes, but you create so many different chances that it still "works". One-dimensional tactics are usually the ones that suffer when that particular way of scoring goals (which usually is exploitative) is improved with a new ME.

I like to have 2-3 tactics all ready to use when playing various level of opponents but the way the ME is right now, attacking wipes 98% of teams away and is a bit unrealistic.

I do like to play attacking football but also to be in control too, hopefully with this last update we can get back to where we were pre last major update ( not hotfix ) when thought the ME was nearly spot on.

Biggest thing I think needing fixed is players moaning about game time etc, apart from that I'm just waiting for final database update to start my long save.

Anyone know if any changes will be made to set pieces? I last scored from a corner in 1933 and thought I would try something new. Added take short corners, had a man offering short, had about 8 corners in the match and all were lumped straight into the box. Set pieces are absolutely woeful in general but at least allow players to go with instructions...

I've mentioned this numerous times. Seems more or less impossible to score from corners. Even when I change how I want them taken they all end up the same just like you. It feels as though even though you can change set pieces on the game, it does not seem to reflect in the gameplay which then renders it pointless. I guess this still won't be fixed

I imagine these points have been mentioned already but just in case here a few observations after 3 seasons. I should stress that i'm playing lower league football so it's possible these wont apply to better players/teams but i wouldn't know.

Overall it's pretty fine, no glaring bugs other than too many backpasses that go out for corners but i'm sure that'll be addressed.

The main things i've noticed are:

1) Crossing seems pretty redundant. Cross completion seems a little low but that's not my main issue, it's the ability of players to score from crosses. Too many weak headers straight at the keeper, powerful volleys straight at the keeper or headers from inside the six yard box that look easy goals but get headed over.

2) Dribbling is generally awful, it looks like Fifa when you hold the sprint button and run in a straight line until you run into a defender. Granted none of my players are Messi, Ronaldo or Hazard but they're not exactly up against world class defenders either, it should be relative.

3) Defenders are really struggling with balls hoofed forward. Far too often do I see a punt by a CB forward and opposition goes to head it and completely misses the ball. I'm sure it happens occasionally but it's far too often for my tastes.

4) Defenders seem to get what I can only describe as a turbo boost if an opponent is bearing down on their goal. If i'm honest it just looks a bit silly how quickly they recover at times, it seems to reduce the risk of playing a high line seeing as I know that my CB's will get back and make a crazily good sliding tackle should someone get in behind. In fact, point 3 is the only time I can really remember giving away one on one chances.

5) So many accurate slide tackles, Often from behind too which I thought was not allowed but I could be mistaken there. This isn't a big issue for me really but it does seem a bit unrealistic, especially as they are usually last ditch tackles that prevent goal scoring chances. Not saying they would never happen but if I had to completely make a stat up i'd say 25% of the time these tackles are made the defender fouls and would probably be sent off.

6) Corners. Can't see the point in them at the minute. Rarely score from them, rarely concede. Just give a goal kick ref and stop wasting my time.

I can't help but feel all these things have happened because people have complained about through balls behind the defense causing too many chances, players being too good at dribbling, too many goals at corners, defenders generally not being good enough, etc.

And whilst getting balance is a good thing I think it's gone too far at the minute for me to get any enjoyment out of playing the game, basically nearly all the goals scored are very similar. It's just dull to watch.

I almost scored a great counter attacking goal a couple of matches ago, my attacking midfielder was put through on goal just over the halfway line as the opposition were chasing the game. "You're in trouble now!" I thought. Except I was wrong as I forgot that my opponents had brought Usain Bolt on at half time, I've never seen someone run so fast.

I've mentioned this numerous times. Seems more or less impossible to score from corners. Even when I change how I want them taken they all end up the same just like you. It feels as though even though you can change set pieces on the game, it does not seem to reflect in the gameplay which then renders it pointless. I guess this still won't be fixed

Happens in every release though sadly. People complain about too many goals from this that and the other and then a patch seems to nuke them totally so we all complain that we can't score enough. Never seems to be any middle ground with a lot of things. Free kicks are woeful with players just blasting over the bar and it's rare to see a goal. Wouldn't mind so much if the keepers saved them but it just goes over the bar all the time. The one that you can score from though is at the side of the area. The walls line up like a queue at Sainsbury's side on to the kick taker so there is say four in the wall but the kicker can only see one because the rest are behind him. Kicker crosses, defenders stand like statues and a volley is blasted into the net. I have the odd one but I know if the opposition get one I will concede.

I have tried out a new corner routine and scored 3 in 4 so I will keep an eye on it. However it is not a realistic routine.

I have no problem with scoring from and being scored against from set pieces, freekick or corner goal rate seems fine to me.

In my last 50 games i've scored from 3 corners, conceded from 5. Not sure of the stats but it seems a little off to me. Free kicks i've scored 4 conceded 3, not sure if that adds up or not really with real life, guess it depends on the quality of your free kick taker.

Don't think it's so much people complaining that they don't score from corners, more than players do not do what is instructed. In one game I instructed "short corners". All of them were played long despite of the instruction and a man standing there waiting for it. I would be happy with three scored a season as long as it was by what was intended.

Don't think it's so much people complaining that they don't score from corners, more than players do not do what is instructed. In one game I instructed "short corners". All of them were played long despite of the instruction and a man standing there waiting for it. I would be happy with three scored a season as long as it was by what was intended.

Prior to this post, there were:

In my last 50 games i've scored from 3 corners, conceded from 5. Not sure of the stats but it seems a little off to me.
Corners. Can't see the point in them at the minute. Rarely score from them, rarely concede. Just give a goal kick ref and stop wasting my time.
Seems more or less impossible to score from corners.
I last scored from a corner in 1933

How's that "not complaining about not scoring from corners"?

I've given up on setting corners to Short because it barely ever happens - and any time they do it there's a defender lurking and it doesn't work anyway

Prior to this post, there were:

How's that "not complaining about not scoring from corners"?

Because it's the usual. Provide a stat to back up the numbers are fine, then suddenly the goalposts change. It was like that with injuries at the start of the release. People moaned incessantly about 'too many injuries', and then when it was proved it wasn't the case, out of the blue it became, 'oh we know the injuries are fine, it's that there's too many happen during the match, that's the problem'.

Give a solution, breed a problem. The wonderful world of the SI forums.

Fair enough, happily stand corrected re corners. Although I could take that West Brom stat and and argue I should see a goal every 15 corners or alternatively the liverpool stat and say no one should ever score from corners. Obviously i'm being silly but that's the annoying thing about stats, you can interpret them how you want really.

Because it's the usual. Provide a stat to back up the numbers are fine, then suddenly the goalposts change. It was like that with injuries at the start of the release. People moaned incessantly about 'too many injuries', and then when it was proved it wasn't the case, out of the blue it became, 'oh we know the injuries are fine, it's that there's too many happen during the match, that's the problem'.

Give a solution, breed a problem. The wonderful world of the SI forums.

I actually agree with the in match injuries, but, being me, I researched the percentages of training injuries versus in match injuries in reality before making the point. Can't remember the actual figures, but we should get way more training injuries than we currently do and somewhat fewer match injuries.

Fair enough, happily stand corrected re corners. Although I could take that West Brom stat and and argue I should see a goal every 15 corners or alternatively the liverpool stat and say no one should ever score from corners. Obviously i'm being silly but that's the annoying thing about stats, you can interpret them how you want really.

In my game, I'm joint top of the corner charts with 7 in 34 games. The bottom two teams have 1 in 34 games. I'm also joint top of conceded from corners, also at 7, whereas four teams have only conceded once.

My feeling is this reflects the team comparison, in which I've got the worst positioning in the league, very poor marking and heading and average jumping reach, whereas I have the best anticipation in the league up front. I used a mixed delivery so to be sure of not exploiting any ME weakness.

Archived