Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

Im glad that you made scouting this year exactly like i suggested 2-3 years ago. Well done! just put in set pieces 2 kinds of free kicks , like i suggested. one free kick for crossing and free kick for direct shoot on goal. so that we can select different free kick takers.

I bought fm15 long time ago, but im still waiting to see less " its too easy to win" complains to start my serious game. From what i can see in this Feedback Thread , this is major problem with fm15. Even milnerpoint joined the wagon of players saying its 2 easy game. When i was saying that all this years, he was against me and defend SI all the time. But now even he thinks game is too easy. hehe, im affraid to start the game now.

My question is, will SI do something about AI so that some common formations like 4231 with attacking mentality are so powerful ? Ill wait without problem few more months, just tell us, do you admit that lots of players in this thread find the game too easy and do you plan to do something about that?

So you're not actually playing FM? How can you actually leave any feedback then?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So it sounds like it's not a one shot trick, and actually needs more investigation.

To be fair it shouldn't work as well as it does for anyone. The more balanced versions never had anything resembling a cheat tactic, this seems pretty close even if it's not a 100% guarantee.

What seems to be clear though from the fact that it doesn't work once the AI teams adapt, is that if there is an issue it's AI tactics rather than the ME, in my opinion.

How are people finding the current ME? Started up a new game last night, but was wondering if I shouldn't maybe wait for an update before I continue?

What do YOU think? It's your game after all. What other people think about the ME is fairly irrelevant if you're enjoying the game yourself.

What do YOU think? It's your game after all. What other people think about the ME is fairly irrelevant if you're enjoying the game yourself.

I think it's really poor, as it usually is until the final update around march time. However I was just wondering for those people who are long term saves how their finding it?

Just today there is a guy for whom that tactic doesn't work at all, check the relevant thread.

Furthermore, saying stuff like "i don`t know what people are doing to not have success with the tactic" is on the same level as saying "if you don't like it, don't use it".

Yeah i took a look and it is clear for me that he just put up the tactic for 2 games and expected his team to overperform right away, so if he plays like that i can`t take this approach serious.

Without giving time to blend and get the team morale high enough it get`s difficult with every tactic, what i am saying all the time is that when you make just the simple things every tactic needs to work this lokito tactic overperforms in a not natural way.

And this is the last post about this for me at the end of the day it is a feedback from a unsatisfied customer, SI can take or leave it.

I tried different leagues, teams and levels at a serious approach and overperformed in each one without problems, that is what i experienced and i taking this into account i just can`t say what people are doing wrong when they at least try it serious.

What's the deal with player interaction/promises and squad unhappiness this year? At the start of the year one of my players came to me saying he wanted to leave to play European football, I convinced him to stay by promising him we'd qualify for Europe that season and he agreed but had a 'slight concern' on his profile all season. Lo and behold it's the end of the season, we've just won the league (and thus qualified for Europe, although we achieved that weeks ago) and literally a day later the squad comes to me unhappy with my treatment of that player and not letting him leave??? What's the deal here? The player is also now unhappy. I don't get it.

(Apologies if this is the wrong thread to post this)

Edit: And now a player just came to me saying he wants to leave, I ask him what I can do to keep him and he says he just wants to win trophies, right after we've just won the league :D

To be fair it shouldn't work as well as it does for anyone. The more balanced versions never had anything resembling a cheat tactic, this seems pretty close even if it's not a 100% guarantee.

What seems to be clear though from the fact that it doesn't work once the AI teams adapt, is that if there is an issue it's AI tactics rather than the ME, in my opinion.

I'm not saying there is no issue. Just that's simply not a open and closed case. Though on the outset I would agree on AI tactics. I wonder if that's something to be looked at in an extended test.

I tried that tactics with Burnley, holidaying in between matches, never adopting. Wasn't a case of Burnley turning into world beaters, however I was clear en route to very safe mid-table security with the prospect of finishing higher up, some highlights include a 5-3 against United. Haven't taken a close look, but what sticked out was that the wide players would found themselves frequently into space, making many assists and getting great marks across the board. I think most prominently cheat tactics either deliberately or rather, as in my opinion they're mostly trial&error jobs, coincidentally exploit a marking/positioning issue. What usually factors into their success is thus positioning PPMs of individual players you pick/ have at the squad, such as: gets forward at every opportunity, arrives late at the opponent's box, comes deep to get ball. They regularly influence the runs and positioning a player makes whilst the team is in possession/attacking, and thus can turn a working exploit with one team into one that doesn't appear to work quite as much with another. All the advice on attributes may turn redundant, as it is the positioning, the overloading aspects of the tactics, such as a ton of runs from deep not being picked up properly or historically the magic forward arrow drawn from the AMC position that does the magic trick. There was one for FM 2014 too, and it appeared to be connected to fielding a hunch of shadow strikers at once, who equally run into the box from deeper positions.

Not sure what would make this game less enjoyable than any other, as there had been always such tactics in any version of the game to various levels of success. The further back you go, the more there were. In parts due to the inherent nature of the engine, but also because improving the AI has been a steady job, in case anybody remembers the all-out-attack 4-2-4 it would by default switch to with any team when trailing behind in really oldish iterations. However there's a reason why power gamers can still run circles around AI even in complex strategy games such as Hearts Of Iron, if they know its schtick and thus can conquer the world with Luxembourg despite its immense starting disadvantage in resources -- and why ramping up the difficulty in Civ 5 is all about giving AI opponents "unfair" advantages and bonus points, rather than making the AI much more clever, which is a much harder thing to do (FM has never dealt in the former). Reading through the reports, it was shown on FM Live that a human player would be able to cope with them. But with the AI... whilst it is another myth that the AI managers would deliberately crack a human player's tactics (which is absurd and completely against the game's design philosophy as you being incidental to the world rather than being the centre piece of it all), it's nowhere near that level and if anybody paid attention rather than going along to the many cheating super keeper etc. myths it would be pretty obvious it isn't. The very existence of such tactics would be proof enough, but hey. ;)

As an anecdote on AI prowess and adapting, I could find the thread in here, but for an iteration as fresh as FM 2014 someone posted a pkm in which the AI insisted on a 4-2-2-2 for pretty much all the game, and never got a single shot off, only threating from set pieces. The human player had fielded a couple centre midfielders and his side broke play down before it got anywhere near the box, and the full backs of the AI didn't regularly enough provide the width likely due to their instructions, further forcing play through the centre exclusively without the AI really "realizing" as such. Not sure if this was a bug or a lack of sophistication on the AI routine's parts, however managing in Brazil, where many AI managers have the 4-2-2-2 Brazil as their preferred formation edited into the databse, this might have been fun if it was. http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/383468-Anyone-ever-seen-this-happen :D

I think it's really poor, as it usually is until the final update around march time.

Why would you buy something that you know you're not going to like until later in its lifecycle? That makes absolutely no sense.

For the record, I've been enjoying it since the beta. Not as much as FM14, but it's still a great game. The myriad of patches/updates rarely affect my enjoyment of the game.

How are people finding the current ME? Started up a new game last night, but was wondering if I shouldn't maybe wait for an update before I continue?

Personally I'm happy with the match engine but there are definetley some issues:

- Finishing is fairly poor. All too regularly I'm seeing my players getting into good positions only to completely waste their effort either smashing it wide or straight at the keeper. I've even seen the occasional shot go out for a throw in when that should have been next to impossible to achieve. Players are also prone to taking a mindless shot straight at an opposition player who is about a yard away when he has other options available to him.

- Players are far too keen to use their weaker foot when under very little pressure.

- At least in my experience, tactics using high closing down and Attacking mentalities seem too effective in the current match engine with the AI pretty much incapable of coping with them. Meanwhile, using a Defensive mentality just seems to be an invitation for the opposition to pummel your defensive line.

- Player ratings are generally good but can there are a couple of issues. If a player scores a long shot he is pretty much guaranteed to get a rating of at least 8.0 regardless of how useless he is for the rest of the match. Meanwhile, if a player misses a penalty, he's going to face an uphill struggle to get a half decent rating.

- Now this is probably an animation issue but goalies seem to make far too many saves with their feet.

I like the current ME but I do feel that that 15.1.4's was better.

Why would you buy something that you know you're not going to like until later in its lifecycle? That makes absolutely no sense.

For the record, I've been enjoying it since the beta. Not as much as FM14, but it's still a great game. The myriad of patches/updates rarely affect my enjoyment of the game.

Read his post again and you'll see he means the final update in February is when the ME is complete and that he is fed up having to wait every game for the ME to be finished then and not ready to go on initial sale date. For the past 3 FM's the ME has been a work in progress with tweaks every few weeks till it's half decent to play on, 13 was shocking, 14 not much better but I feel this years has been a lot better but still not the finished article as per usual by SI.

Read his post again and you'll see he means the final update in February is when the ME is complete and that he is fed up having to wait every game for the ME to be finished then and not ready to go on initial sale date. For the past 3 FM's the ME has been a work in progress with tweaks every few weeks till it's half decent to play on, 13 was shocking, 14 not much better but I feel this years has been a lot better but still not the finished article as per usual by SI.

This is my biggest problem with the game,every year we get a new ME and a lot of bugs with it,why SI can't work on 1 main ME that be on the current FM 15 and in the future games?

This is my biggest problem with the game,every year we get a new ME and a lot of bugs with it,why SI can't work on 1 main ME that be on the current FM 15 and in the future games?

That's what they did with the FM13 ME. That is exactly what this is. There is no such thing as a "finished" ME because it's always being refined, as it can pretty much never be perfect.

Personally I'm happy with the match engine but there are definetley some issues:

- Finishing is fairly poor. All too regularly I'm seeing my players getting into good positions only to completely waste their effort either smashing it wide or straight at the keeper. I've even seen the occasional shot go out for a throw in when that should have been next to impossible to achieve. Players are also prone to taking a mindless shot straight at an opposition player who is about a yard away when he has other options available to him.

- Players are far too keen to use their weaker foot when under very little pressure.

- At least in my experience, tactics using high closing down and Attacking mentalities seem too effective in the current match engine with the AI pretty much incapable of coping with them. Meanwhile, using a Defensive mentality just seems to be an invitation for the opposition to pummel your defensive line.

- Player ratings are generally good but can there are a couple of issues. If a player scores a long shot he is pretty much guaranteed to get a rating of at least 8.0 regardless of how useless he is for the rest of the match. Meanwhile, if a player misses a penalty, he's going to face an uphill struggle to get a half decent rating.

- Now this is probably an animation issue but goalies seem to make far too many saves with their feet.

I like the current ME but I do feel that that 15.1.4's was better.

Thanks for the more relevant reply :thup:

I have a few concerns that I find really unimpressive so far:

1) Goalkeeper's general handling is really poor and they often parrying shots. This wouldn't be so bad however they often parry them straight into the opposition which is frustrating.

2) Your definitely right about using more defensive game plans, they don't seem to work very well at all. This is something that I don't think you were able to do all of FM14 aswell; absorbing pressure by sitting deep and limiting space. This is the type of style that I like to play weirdly, trying to frustrate teams as much as possible, however if I'm able to keep a clean sheets I'm absolutely bouncing on the current ME!

With that said though, designing a Match Engine can't be the easiest job so I do understand how difficult it can be to get right :)

Since "Linked Media" on media sources' profile screen only means (correct me if I'm wrong) that the media will not be present at press conferences where any of the listed media sources will be present, the media linkage should not be information that is visible within the game.

So you're not actually playing FM? How can you actually leave any feedback then?

I can because i played the game, just didnt start serious long ( 10+ seasons career). I leave feedback that im happy with new scouting, you dont have to play 10 seasons to see that. Please dont be offensive, as you can see , im here on this forums much longer then you and i play this game since 1993. That means when i say something you must respect my opinion , im not noob in this game. Its obvious that game is too easy, if you actually read what people posting here. In last 10 pages too many people saying that AI is bad against common formations like 4231 with attacking mentality. People post pictures with crazy high results, big wins, why would they all LIE ? Is it so hard to admit that AI needs improvement ?

I don't know whether it's a bug or a random ref error provided by the game (it'd be realistic), but in the last game i suffered and incredible error on an offside situation and would like to know something about that. the screenshot would tell it all (but for some reason I'm not allowed to upload it), the offside of the forward is blatant and clear, but the ref allowed the goal and (strange even this) my players didn't protest at all (neither the commentary said anything)...please tell me something: is it a bug or a random error?

i'll try to upload the game, any idea why I'm not allowed to upload a screenshot???
You need to upload it to an image hosting site and then paste the link here. Not sure what that'll show though. Referee errors are in the game but this might be a bug so screenshots won't help as RTH said.

Can we expect a new patch soon, where the finishing attribute actually matters? Right now I feel like it doesn't really matter if you play with Diego Costa or just a random average striker, since he needs 5-6 chances on average to hit the back of the net anyways.

. People post pictures with crazy high results, big wins, why would they all LIE ?

So the people who say the opposite are all liars? much is a matter of opinion, much depends on how you play the game, everything which may be faulty needs to be reported IN PERSPECTIVE and WITH EVIDENCE.

It doesn't matter how long you've been on the forum or playing the game, you can still be absolutely clueless :)

So the people who say the opposite are all liars? much is a matter of opinion, much depends on how you play the game, everything which may be faulty needs to be reported IN PERSPECTIVE and WITH EVIDENCE.

It doesn't matter how long you've been on the forum or playing the game, you can still be absolutely clueless :)

in my opinion this is the best FM ever, I really have nothing to say (bar for the offside bug I'm going to report), it's even quite difficult in LLM, good job!!!

The high results are not an opinion, are a fact.

The tactic that you are playing, not influence.

I tried to take a lot of stats from my 4th season played.

I taked all my matchs and a lot of match played by AI.

The result is that we have 1 shoot every 2.8 minute, and if you try to image something similar in real, you will see only 22 players that run like crazy to shoot without play any tactics on the field.

Big numer of shoots = big numer of goals, this is normal, but if you think that every managers in the games are using wrong tattics, you are only transfer the problem, not delete it.

PS. sorry for my english :-)

The tactic that you are playing, not influence.

I tried to take a lot of stats from my 4th season played.

I taked all my matchs and a lot of match played by AI.

The result is that we have 1 shoot every 2.8 minute, and if you try to image something similar in real, you will see only 22 players that run like crazy to shoot without play any tactics on the field.

Big numer of shoots = big numer of goals, this is normal, but if you think that every managers in the games are using wrong tattics, you are only transfer the problem, not delete it.

PS. sorry for my english :-)

never seen sometghing similar in my game

It's neither fact, nor opinion. It happens in some games, not all.

If you think it is a chronic bug in the programming, by all means upload a save/pkm, and it will be fixed if it is deemed to be a bug by the devs. Otherwise you're doing just what you said others are doing in not solving the issue.

It's neither fact, nor opinion. It happens in some games, not all.

If you think it is a chronic bug in the programming, by all means upload a save/pkm, and it will be fixed if it is deemed to be a bug by the devs. Otherwise you're doing just what you said others are doing in not solving the issue.

This is not a bug, this is something to improve to do a better game.

In every forum in Italy and also in other countries people are talking about it (high number of shoot/high number of goal), only here, where we can't post image, it seems that this situation doesn't exist.

I would be very curious to see the stats about the shoots in your games. You say: "It happens in some games, not all" and this is very strange because FM it's done with a binary code.

This is not a bug, this is something to improve to do a better game.

If there are too many goals/shots in all games, then it's a bug, as it's something that shouldn't be happening.

In every forum in Italy and also in other countries people are talking about it (high number of shoot/high number of goal), only here, where we can't post image, it seems that this situation doesn't exist.

You can post images. Better look elsewhere for your conspiracy theories.

I would be very curious to see the stats about the shoots in your games. You say: "It happens in some games, not all" and this is very strange because FM it's done with a binary code.

Why is that strange? You're saying that because FM is this nebulous "binary code" that the same thing should happen in every single game on every single system? Really? If you can't see that someone, somewhere might not be having the exact same experience as you are, then there's not much that can be said really.

If there are too many goals/shots in all games, then it's a bug, as it's something that shouldn't be happening.

You can post images. Better look elsewhere for your conspiracy theories.

Why is that strange? You're saying that because FM is this nebulous "binary code" that the same thing should happen in every single game on every single system? Really? If you can't see that someone, somewhere might not be having the exact same experience as you are, then there's not much that can be said really.

Ok, anyway, I only tried to explain what a lot of players would like to see improved in the game.

My mistake, I should stay here only to say that everthing it's perfect. (2+2=5)

Bye.

Ok, anyway, I only tried to explain what a lot of players would like to see improved in the game.

My mistake, I should stay here only to say that everthing it's perfect. (2+2=5)

Bye.

Well by all means come back if you actually decide to be constructive and raise bugs you find, rather than throwing a strop when someone disagrees with you. Others have managed it.

I'm playing in the Argentine top flight with River atm and am definitely noticing some pretty farcical scorelines. Cricket scores are semi-regular amongst AI controlled teams and my main striker is individually taking 15-20 shots per game consistently. I (try) to preach a patient, probing style which allied to the player's stats (he's very much a cerebral, rounded forward as opposed to a super-direct, pure poacher) should combine to prevent situations like this. His accuracy (despite having a 17 for finishing/movement, 15 composure/anticipation) is wretched, with a shooting accuracy of around 25%...but he's scoring bucketloads purely by virtue of this absurd, scattergun approach. He's currently averaging over 2 goals per game. Obviously, i'm thrilled that he's scoring prolifically (his development is basically driving my save) but he's dreadful to watch owing to this 'get it, whack it' philosophy the ME is giving him. The current ME definitely appears to generate far too many chances (i'm seeing 40 shots, of which only a handful are long shots, regularly for my team alone) which, despite the generally poor finishing, results in some daft scorelines and certainly could benefit from some tweaking. A shame really, as I was really enjoying the previous patch's engine; the latest one has veered off in the wrong direction, imo. Matches now take ages cos there's more action in the opening 30 mins than in the entire Die Hard franchise. Inevitably, people will be reading this adament that my tactics are at fault here but it's happening in AI vs AI games and i'm really not 1 to opt for gung-ho silliness anyway (by way of contrast, my opponents rarely, if ever, muster double digit goal attempts and typically, my mentality is set to control/structured).

Also, has anyone noticed that they're getting an enormous amount of free-kicks in shooting positions? This serves largely only to give your designated taker a dreadful rating, as he ends up with stats of 9 shots but only 2 on target. This sort of weighting for average ratings has been a bugbear of mine for a while now - players often seem to have to score in order to be rated highly, whereas my playmaker can make 80 passes, 7 key, with an accuracy of around 90% and register an assist only to have his rating obliterated by ballooning 6 free-kicks into orbit. Perhaps the mooted distinction between shooting and passing free-kick takers could help here? Similarly, goalkeepers can perform heroics, making save after save, only to finally be breached late on, which sees their rating slump to below 7. It seems enormously rare to see 'keepers get more than a 7...which given that with this current ME, they regularly make 20, often spectacular, saves per match, seems pretty odd.

It is a small file which allows SI to view your match and see the specific incident that you felt might be a bug. The thread I linked explains the whole process of saving and uploading these files.

OK the 'direct' upload of the pkm does not run, the filezilla prog is stopped by my antivirus, the process is not so easy as the instructions say...

It's by far the worst ME they've ever produced. The scorelines are more resembling the ones you'd except to see in Eastside Hockey Manager than Football Manager. And I've lost count of the times I've gone up to 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0 and then completely lost all sense of defence and let two or three goals in. It's rarely so that I lose any points, but it's still completely unrealistic to completely trash the opposition and then start concieding several goals in the end.

It's also way too common for teams to score just minutes after the other team scored. It goes both ways. Sometimes you score, sometimes you conciede. Still very, very annoying.

The match engine of Football Manager 2015 gets a 1 out of 100 points, unfortunately. It's not even close to being acceptable.

It's by far the worst ME they've ever produced. The scorelines are more resembling the ones you'd except to see in Eastside Hockey Manager than Football Manager. And I've lost count of the times I've gone up to 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0 and then completely lost all sense of defence and let two or three goals in. It's rarely so that I lose any points, but it's still completely unrealistic to completely trash the opposition and then start concieding several goals in the end.

It's also way too common for teams to score just minutes after the other team scored. It goes both ways. Sometimes you score, sometimes you conciede. Still very, very annoying.

The match engine of Football Manager 2015 gets a 1 out of 100 points, unfortunately. It's not even close to being acceptable.

Maybe you should add 'in my opinion' before your poin of view, since many other players (me among these) are experiencing a completely different feeling (and I play the game since 2000)

Maybe you should add 'in my opinion' before your poin of view, since many other players (me among these) are experiencing a completely different feeling (and I play the game since 2000)

"And I've lost count of the times I've gone up to 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0 and then completely lost all sense of defence and let two or three goals in. It's rarely so that I lose any points, but it's still completely unrealistic to completely trash the opposition and then start concieding several goals in the end."

This is not an opinion.

This is his experience, and it's same of mine and a lot of other players.

"And I've lost count of the times I've gone up to 3-0, 4-0 or 5-0 and then completely lost all sense of defence and let two or three goals in. It's rarely so that I lose any points, but it's still completely unrealistic to completely trash the opposition and then start concieding several goals in the end."

This is not an opinion.

This is his experience, and it's same of mine and a lot of other players.

First things first, it's perception not necessarily fact. Most of the time claims like this are made, the save game proves otherwise. Most people don't experience this, and many of those who think they do actually find otherwise when they check back (I thought in FM13 I continually failed to win from 2-0 up, I checked back many seasons and found I actually let 2 goals slip less than real life percentages).

Second, is it a problem? If you make no changes and the opposition make changes, you should expect this sort of thing.

Really enjoying this years game. Much better than last years version in my opinion. I'm currently enjoying a good journeyman LLM save in England. Match engine requires some refining. (I feel the 15.1.4 engine was better than this one.) But overall I think this is the best FM they have produced and I am thoroughly enjoying playing it. A lot of moaning about tactics etc but if you are struggling with this part of the game read up on it. The content from FM bloggers this year is exceptional and I would highly recommend a certain few. (ask if you would like recommendations) Always head over to the tactics and training forum as well and you will see some brilliant threads. There is plenty of help out there for people to improve and believe me it will help your enjoyment of the game tenfold.

First post goals from corner. Low crosses to the first post. The player tasked with marking the near post moves out, no one marks the attacker, easy goal.

A: Low crosses to the first post are "always" cleared in real life. Why? Because it is easy.

B: The player marking the post does not move out in real life. His job is to make sure nothing pops in there, yet in FM, he does not seem to understand this.

C: In real life, as a manager, you can tall a player exactly where you want him, but in FM you can't. Conceding a couple of first post goals from corners, put a big brute in front of the first post, making sure a cross has to be at least 8 feet high to pass him. Problem solved. In FM, you are powerless.

Apparently not possible to combine "retain possession" with a "defensive" mentality. Sure you can select it, but the defensive players, and most importantly the GK, will hoof it long 100% of the time, regardless of his personal instructions. Why is it the GK can't find defenders to pass to when we play a deep line, but easily picks them out with a high line?

Players still losing the ball and then promptly turning around to run back to their defensive position instead of closing down, allowing the player who just won the ball a good half hour to pick out the through pass. And if he is a defender it will be a damn good one. If he is a passing midfielder, eh, not so dangerous. Makes sense, yeah?

Sweeper keeper does not sweep. Plain and simple. ..

Archived