Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

I'm playin LLM with AFC Flyde but results like I'm playing NHL. When will they fix that? I love LLM and play it a lot so this relly troubles me.

screenshot012.jpg

You're not alone. I've played around 30 games this season (3rd Season) and only 4/5 games have had less than 4 goals and they were all 3-0 wins.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're not alone. I've played around 30 games this season (3rd Season) and only 4/5 games have had less than 4 goals and they were all 3-0 wins.

It's so well documented I find it hard to believe you haven't seen that this is an acknowledged issue awaiting updating.

If only people could read as well as they write, or do they think that constant repetition will somehow change something?:)

Peter, the issue with too many high-scoring games appears to be limited to the lower leagues (i.e. Conference South / North).

Not limited to, but significantly worse, the Devs know this, Peter just didn't mention it :)

I also experienced game crashes three times. It seems they occur when I change player instructions in tactic screen during match.

Verify game cache to make sure there's no file error, if it persists post in the Crashes and Technical Issues Forum please.

Just to add my data to the various ongoing discussions, given that there's various people claiming things are/aren't happening

fNvoOpi.png

I play with wingers and a target man. 42% scored from crosses, 33% conceded.

The biggest result in the Premier League- a division I'm not involved with- is 4-0, which has come up a few times- Man U vs Swansea, Chelsea vs. Palace, Everton vs. Burnley and Burnley vs. Arsenal. In each case, the bigger side won, and I don't think any of that is unthinkable.

In my division, League One, 6 is the highest any team has scored in a game, and that hasn't happened often at all- in every case, they also conceded at least one. The biggest margin of victory across all four divisions is 5-0, which has happened twice- one of which was my team.

There have been thirteen 0-0 draws out of 207 games played so far, which feels low to me, although I don't know how this tallies with reality.

When it comes to EPL(and some lower enligsh leagues), statistics and matches itself look quite realistic. But try - maybe - La Liga. This is where the ridiculous happen. I think it has something to do with players atributes level. EPL is so balanced(IRL'n in FM) that almos every game looks pretty tight. It implicates realistic stats and actions on the field. On the other hand, if you take up Real Madrid or Barca, you will have nearly 50+ shots every signle match in La Liga(not to mention crossing etc.). They are just bit overpowered/opposition bit underpowered and those differences in the players atributes are - at this point - too much to handle for the match engine.

what happens if it is file error? I don't want to quit my save.

Don't confuse yourself, Steam will check your installation is 100% and replace any missing/corrupt files, it won't affect your save.

This is just a sensible precaution before you go through the bug reporting procedure.

Had a little fiddle about with the settings, and it appears that if you have your graphical setting to 'very high', then the pitch does indeed look quite bright. However, setting it to 'medium' seems to give it the optimal look. Have a look at the two screenies below...

Of course, these settings will vary depending on the graphical capabilities of your machine, but the difference is certainly noticeable.

Very High

c1ZbHZH.png

Medium

WUL1aky.png

To me, the very high setting looks far better, the grass looks more natural, while the medium setting has over-saturated colours. I actually posted about pitches that looks spray-painted green,and I've been playing on medium. So clearly I have to experiment with graphical detail settings.

I am finding the ball very very hard to see this year. I have very low spec machine graphics wise which is on a half star so its set to very low, but still i should be able to make the ball out better than i am. Its the grey colour, mixed with the really light pitches, hopefully someone has done a mod somewhere as its making watching matches hard work at times.

Not limited to, but significantly worse, the Devs know this, Peter just didn't mention it :)

You can say that again. I've just lost a pre-season friendly to Leeds 1-3 (as I should do, as my team is Basingstoke in the Vanarama South), but the startling fact was the sheer volume of crosses in the game. Leeds attempted 81 crosses, and we attempted 21, giving a total of 102 crosses in the game! And Leeds lined up with a narrow midfield diamond! Almost every time they had the ball (which was quite a lot) they would play it out wide. It just struck me as very odd, given their formation.

Would it help if I uploaded the pkm?

Out of interest may I know how did you do that exactly?

Sure, I posted it up in Roslers tactical thread as it was initially based upon his formation and just tweaked from there to exploit the wings more.

Here's the post of the details of the tactic anyway:

Overload - Very Fluid

Team Instructions:

Shorter Passing, Clear Ball to Flanks, Exploit the Flanks, Play Wider, Much Higher Defensive Line, Get Stuck In, Use Tighter Marking, Lower Tempo, Be More Expressive

These have deviated further from Roslers initial set-up listed, but the higher defensive line helps a lot with cutting out opposition passes to wingers, and clearing the ball to the flanks sets up rapid counter attacks.

Positions & Instructions

GK - Defender - Pass Shorter, Distribute to Fullbacks

Right CWB - Attack - Shoot less often, pass it shorter, run wide with ball

Right CD - Defend - pass shorter

Left CD - Cover - pass shorter

Left CWB - Attack - Shoot less often, pass it shorter, run wide with ball

Right CM - Defend - Shoot less often, dribble less, pass it shorter

Left CM - Attack - Pass it shorter, move into channels

AMR - Winger (Support) - Shoot less often, pass it shorter

AML - Winger (Attack) - Shoot less often

ST - Complete Forward (Support) - Shoot Less often

ST - Complete Forward (Support) - Shoot Less often

To stop opposition crosses I typically try to show their wide men inside, so an AMR/MR will have Never Tight Mark, Always Close Down, Hard Tackling Show onto left foot and the same on the opposite wide man but show onto right foot

It's not so much goals from corners (which is an issue) but goals from through balls (or lack of). No matter what I do I cannot get forwards to score from through balls. One on one with the keeper, clear of the last man and 9/10 they put it closer to the corner flag than the goal.

It was very similar in FM14.

So far in about 10 games in League 1, I have only seen 3 types of goals both for and against. The cross to the forward from either winger or fullback and finished like RVN, A speculative 30 yard effort that the keepers appears to lose the flight of the ball or a goal from a set piece (corner/freekick (not direct either).

Other than that the match engine looks and plays really well.

Currently managing Alloa in Scotland and they play their reserve fixtures on a Friday! This makes any squad members set to participate in the fixtures as virtually unpickable for the first team fixture on the Saturday. Seems as if reserve fixtures are actually played on a Monday in reality.

I know I could simply not make the squad players available for the reserves, but it's the only way to keep them match fit, other than having to arrange friendlies. Things are not helped if players are part-time.

Anybody else with the same problem?

There is nothing more annoying than people posting that XYZ doesn't happen in MY game therefore it obviously isn't a problem when hundreds of people say it is.

I haven't seen the excessive injuries problem that some people are experiencing but I would never say that it doesn't exist.

FYI the mods have confirmed umpteen times that the high scoring is mostly a lower league problem. No, Premier League or even League 1 for that matter is not lower league.

With no offence intended, I suggest that there is nothing more annoying than people posting exaggerated statements. Injuries is always a common theme for every release of FM some people have a lot of injuries some people have hardly any. However the biggest issue is that people make claims about say excessive injuries but do not actually bother to take the time to understand what the realities are. If you look at my post 875 you can see a snap shot of premiership clubs this season with the higher injuries and they are quite similar to those being reported by people havng extremes in game

People need to compare reality with the in game experience before they judge if the game is unrelated to real life

Staistics need to be looked at over longer periods and compared to real life to enable people to judge if this if their gaming reality is close to real life.

After 1 season ask 100 people which team in their game won the premiership.....unikely to be the same as each game can be individual

Did someone noticed visual issues with collisions ball/players? Sometimes when a goalkeeper saves a shot he deviate it without actually touching the ball,same for recouchets with defenders.I play with high video settings.

Yes there are still some instances and pkms in the bugs forum would be much appreciated when you spot any, thanks.

I'm still noticing the "wants first team football" issue.

Basically this is what has happened with Van Persie and Rooney;

Van Persie arrives late from holiday so obviously he's not fit, he gets a game in the third game of the season coming on as a sub and scoring.

He then proceeds to injure himself in an U21 match where he's building up his fitness. Out for 4 weeks, he misses a full month + add ons for recovery to become match fit again. His injury was the 1st September, he finally gets back on the team sheet (fit enough) as a sub in November.

He's then rotated one on, one off with Rooney (I play a 1 striker system), so he's playing every other match because, given his age even though he's match fit his condition can drop severely, usually to 90% so it makes sense that one plays one game, then switch to the other. Though he compounds issues for himself by getting injured in two or three games, that results in him being subbed and usually not fit enough to start the following game.

In the meantime, Rooney was a regular starter, but now Van Persie is fit and in better form, he's been relegated to second choice but is still playing the majority of matches. He gets himself injured in a match (gashed leg) so misses two games, one injured, one unselected cos he's not fit, the third game he's put on the bench, comes on and destroys the opposition.

Problem is; VP came to me after his 4 week injury bemoaning his lack of chances, what can I do about it? He's injured, not match fit, what does he expect?

Now, Rooney is 'considering' complaining about the issue, because he's missed a few games off with injury and lack of fitness. It's annoying.

Over the last 20 matches in total: Van Persie has played 13 (5 not selected as match condition is low, only once did he get to be an unpicked sub. TWICE in that period he's been injured in matches having a knock on effect on his fitness), Rooney 11 (5 not selected as match condition is low, 3 unused sub, ONE 'injured' and thus one for non-match fit)

My thinking is, the player is thinking in this way;

"Injured" "I'm fit, I should be playing now."

When it should be;

"Injured", "I'm recovering fitness", "Now I should be playing"

There's not enough of the downtime taken into consideration, Van Persie is the best example, whinging after he's been out four weeks and taking so long to get fit again that he can't honestly expect me to sacrifice fitter, stronger, in-form players over him when he's hovering over 70-80% match fitness.

To me, the very high setting looks far better, the grass looks more natural, while the medium setting has over-saturated colours. I actually posted about pitches that looks spray-painted green,and I've been playing on medium. So clearly I have to experiment with graphical detail settings.

Thats exactly what i was thinking before i even read your response..

its good that ppl are posting screenshots because in many cases it could be their saturation or some other colour setting. the very high pitch looks gorgeous in those shots.

Non-sense Players's reactions when I sell a player a really annoying !

Players are unhappy, saying that they're worrying about club's future :

Even if you've selled the worst player of your team that has never played !

even if you have bought a really greatest player than the one you selled but BEFORE selling him !

Are the players so stupid ? can't they count recruits and departures, and see if manager have made the team improves ?

Do I need to recruit people only after selling some ?? that is a non -sense !!!!

I juste bought 4 young future cracks, and selled 2 of my worst U19 team potentials... 3 of my first team are unhappy, saying that I didn't enforce my team !!! :confused:

I think that's something great that players are unhappy if I sell, a 1st team player, or a young crack, and that I do not replace them...

in other cases, that's really boring !

You buy Leo Messi, then you sell your worst young player... your team is unhappy because "you did not improve the team" :lol::lol::lol:

Currently managing Alloa in Scotland and they play their reserve fixtures on a Friday! This makes any squad members set to participate in the fixtures as virtually unpickable for the first team fixture on the Saturday. Seems as if reserve fixtures are actually played on a Monday in reality.

I know I could simply not make the squad players available for the reserves, but it's the only way to keep them match fit, other than having to arrange friendlies. Things are not helped if players are part-time.

Anybody else with the same problem?

Managing Raith and having the exact same problem. It's very difficult to get players back fit because of this issue then the player(s) complain because it goes on for so long and they've not managed to work their way into the team.

Simple, that's the time it takes to process the amount of data you need for the leagues and number of players you've added. To improve that, load less, or upgrade your computer specs.

have a top end iMac? and only the english leagues but i do have a large database could that be it?

it says 5* for processing speed too

Still noticing players reaction are extremely slow when either tackled or when the ball is there to be played, it looks like they've all smoked 5 spliffs before the game they're that slow on the uptake

have a top end iMac? and only the english leagues but i do have a large database could that be it?

it says 5* for processing speed too

Then there's either something running on your system that is stopping it working to its full potential, there's a problem in the game that SI could investigate, or you just have higher expectations than the game can manage.

You shouldn't be experiencing much slowdown with that, although I've no idea what the specs are for macs these days.

Is anyone experiencing sound issues? Every once in a while FM refuses to use match sounds, whatever I do. It seems to be completely by chance. But if there is anything that I've learned, it's that computer issues are never random.

Probably best to report it here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/462-PC-Specific-Issues

why does it take so long to process between games?

It really depends on what you mean by so long. What are your expectations?

On my first gen I5 with 6GB RAM the game flies along i think the longest i wait is about 1-2 mins during the big international breaks. , the only thing that takes a bit of time is saving, but im reading that is because of compression.

Whoever done Latvia research should be proud of himself -

Still old manager of NT (A.Starkovs who was replaced in 2013 by M.Pahars)

Dead person (died not that long time ago, but still), who was referee in RL, takes charge of U19 NT

Clubs doesn't exist any more (2-3 years) are still in the game

etc

It really depends on what you mean by so long. What are your expectations?

On my first gen I5 with 6GB RAM the game flies along i think the longest i wait is about 1-2 mins during the big international breaks. , the only thing that takes a bit of time is saving, but im reading that is because of compression.

saving is really quick for me, but the wait between games is a pain. it is always between 1-2 mins. i have a top end iMac too so it shouldn't run that way.

Anyone else had an odd situation with loan players?

I signed two which have minimum fee clauses on and have activated them and signed the player only for the same day them be signed back by the club for £1000 more than i got the player for, very odd!

- Have to add I made sure there was no future buy back fee selected

saving is really quick for me, but the wait between games is a pain. it is always between 1-2 mins. i have a top end iMac too so it shouldn't run that way.

You dont have anything else running at the same time do you?

What constitutes a top end MAC in terms of specs? Sorry i have next to no idea whats inside a mac.

Might be worth posting a thread in the bugs forum with your set up for them to check. Could be a MAC related thing only.

I miss the up/down arrow buttons! I've noticed that when searching for players it can be quite hard. If your search bring back hundreds of players the scroll bar is tiny so moving up/down can be tricky. The other current option is to page down but sometimes I want to have certain players on the screen at once and without being able to go up/down one player at a time I find it difficult :(

Just realised what it is, I put a player Steve Jennings on loan to us with the editor with a fee to buy like he has with us

But there is no option on the editor - that I can see anyway - for a buyback place on the loan so it adds it automatically to just over what you pay

Should that be the case?

I miss the up/down arrow buttons! I've noticed that when searching for players it can be quite hard. If your search bring back hundreds of players the scroll bar is tiny so moving up/down can be tricky. The other current option is to page down but sometimes I want to have certain players on the screen at once and without being able to go up/down one player at a time I find it difficult :(

Agreed with this. If possible, please make the scroll bar bigger.

Non-sense Players's reactions when I sell a player a really annoying !

Players are unhappy, saying that they're worrying about club's future :

Even if you've selled the worst player of your team that has never played !

even if you have bought a really greatest player than the one you selled but BEFORE selling him !

Are the players so stupid ? can't they count recruits and departures, and see if manager have made the team improves ?

Do I need to recruit people only after selling some ?? that is a non -sense !!!!

I juste bought 4 young future cracks, and selled 2 of my worst U19 team potentials... 3 of my first team are unhappy, saying that I didn't enforce my team !!! :confused:

I think that's something great that players are unhappy if I sell, a 1st team player, or a young crack, and that I do not replace them...

in other cases, that's really boring !

You buy Leo Messi, then you sell your worst young player... your team is unhappy because "you did not improve the team" :lol::lol::lol:

I've loaded my game back with an old savegame... and said no to the offer I had for this player.

2 players are unhappy because I do not let him go ... and these are the same players that says they are unhappy if I let him leave... :lol::lol::

Does anybody know what I have to do with thi offer, in order to keep my team smilling ?

I just wanted to say the UI of the game is amazing. As a front end developer, I work on and view UIs all day, and I can honestly say this one of the more impressive ones I've seen.

1. The new search bar is actually very useful. In all my years on playing FM I've barely used search, but this year it just seems much more responsive and intuitive.

2. The main navigation on the left allows me to easily move between screens and the top of my FM screen isn't cluttered like previous versions.

3. Circular meters. Don't take up too much space, but clearly indicate whatever they are measuring

4. The reorganization of the hierarchy of screens. This is probably my favorite change. For example, placing player search under "Scouting" and staff search under "Staff" or having a dedicated "Club" button in the main navigation just makes it a lot easier to navigate.''

The UI will take some getting used to, but my initial thoughts are very positive. The people that worked on the UI/UX did an amazing job. My only con is scrolling is really difficult without the buttons. I've gotten used to it, but its a chore with a trackpad.

P.S. - The 3d looks great as well. Just need to fix all the long shots goals and amount of crosses and the ME should be up to the same level. (FYI even with these ME issues the game is far from unplayable)

Ive just started in the Malasian Super League played 3 games - with 2 results as:

an0qhg.jpg

vpc4dj.jpg

I hope the Devs are going to fix this to - I have just reported it in the bugs forum but tagged in onto another thread of similar topic

No patch today then, still waiting to get a game started 4 days after release plus the 14 days of the beta, I understand it takes time and I understand the process as I beta tested from 09 to 13 for SI but I thought this year might be a bit different not having to wait months for a version that we can get a save going on without ME bugs that do stop people from playing.

I mean how can you start a serious save when you can't stop people from crossing and scoring it is pointless, I have to congratulate SI on all the other aspects of the game the UI took a while to get used to but is growing on me especially the tactics screen, the animations in the ME are a remarkable step forward from when I started testing the very first ME so hats off to Paul C and the team on that, the scouting is much better and easier to understand and make decisions on buying players with pros and cons.

I know Paul C will be working flat out to resolve the issues in the ME but with the nature of testing fixing one thing usually has a knock on effect else where so even after the next update I am not sure it will be fixed to a playable level like we usually get in March, a shame really as this years game could be the best yet.

Thats exactly what i was thinking before i even read your response..

its good that ppl are posting screenshots because in many cases it could be their saturation or some other colour setting. the very high pitch looks gorgeous in those shots.

My own preference is the medium one, as the colours are more vibrant IMO. It's also much easier to keep track of the ball as the ball is more of a bright white rather than a pale grey. Each to their own though.

Archived