Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.1.3

Before the update to full version: Benzema 3 games 11 goals , Ronaldo 4 games 3 goals 12 assists.

After the update: Bezema 13 games 11 goals (Yeah he didn't score a goal in 10 games), Ronaldo 10 games 5 goals 12 assists. He just won't pass the ball to anyone, he shoots from every impossible situation he finds himself in. And also worth noting I haven't kept a clean sheet in 10 games, in 5 of those I've received a goal in the first 5 minutes, and teams like Elche,Cordoba, Rayo are scoring 2-3 goals with ease against me.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Crossing is overpowered. I realize that "run down the flanks and cross" is the only way English play football, but it's quite frustrating to see every team play that way in the game. Other than that, ME looks quite better than two weeks ago.

Yep it is known issue which may need some tuning. As you knowing tuning one bit can tweak another so its a difficult activity to get 100% right

So you're saying that everything is OK then? :D

If I wasn't so pissed off I would laugh at the irony.

But considering this sh*t just happened, I'm just gonna quit and wait for the next update, because it's not worth losing my mind over this. Like this is just unacceptable.

1.jpg

Way too many goals. its like every match is a goals galore. also wingers are impossible to stop, it seems like every winger with a bit of pace plays like c.ronaldo

What are you using to base this statement on? One FM game, a whole season, 10 seasons? How does this compare to real life statistics, Ronaldo's look quite good in real life.

I think the problem with feedback like this is that it can be meaningless without real stats. For example many people complain about injuries every year when the reality across multiple FM releases is that its tuned to be slightly less than real life injuries, some teams with better or worse luck..thats life.

But considering this sh*t just happened, I'm just gonna quit and wait for the next update, because it's not worth losing my mind over this. Like this is just unacceptable.

1.jpg

Because you lost a game? Really?

Seeing Barcelona and Bayern look like Stoke on the pitch doesn't look realistic to me, and it does ruin the game experience for me. Good to know that it is on the "to-fix list".

match engine feels weird to me, i think part of the reason they all look like stoke is that every player no matter how good first touch and technique is clumsy on the ball, current match engine is impossible to play ticitaka or equal heavy posession play

Only real thing I'm seeing all too often is the amount of time it takes players to turn round with ball at their feet, at timea it's like watching a tanker turn in a dock, game seems better balanced, still scoring a lot from crosses yes but if you play with wingers/WB's then you will get more assists that way. IRL at Hibernian FC our WB Stevenson is the clubs leading assist, with Gray the other WB not far behind, f they were played as normal FB's on defend then I'm sure that would change.

Tell me all those seeing multiple crossing for goals, is the lead up to these goals coming from out wide to begin with, or are they starting through the middle and then the ball being played out wide for the final ball to be delivered, if this is the case then there is nothing wrong with the ME, it's what I'm seeing in my game.

Breathe easily - it is just a computer game :D

I assume you were Real Madrid?

Ofc I was Real, that makes it even worse seing that SS. :D

Considering Dinamo Zagreb is the worst team that graced European scene in the last few years, I just can't comprehend how I can concede 3 goals in 4 minutes against that team. What's even worse, Bilic and Jovic are greyed out players even with Large DB. Only Henriquez and 4 others were "real" players in the team.

Ofc I was Real, that makes it even worse seing that SS. :D

Considering Dinamo Zagreb is the worst team that graced European scene in the last few years, I just can't comprehend how I can concede 3 goals in 4 minutes against that team. What's even worse, Bilic and Jovic are greyed out players even with Large DB. Only Henriquez and 4 others were "real" players in the team.

Out of curiosity, if you had been Dinamo, would you be on here complaining about it being unrealistic?

1.jpg

Say whattt?

12 shots on target to their 8 ... not a huge difference..

5 CCC's .. they had 4 ...

possession about equal...

not really sure what's to complain about here tbh.. especially considering they matched you for passes completed and trounced you in aerial battles..

Also.. please cut out the swearing.

Guest El Payaso

I feel that the middle of the park is now a bit better than in previous version. I actually see my players (and AI teams do see it too) winning the ball back more. But the wideplay is still awful to watch. The dribbling thing is more like watching ice hockey as they control the ball too well and are able to make impossible changes of pace and leave the full backs bite the dust.

The games on smaller sized pitches (I have had two so far) have been fantastic compared to regular sized for me as the space is limited and it actually looks a lot more like real football. Amount of chances is a lot smaller and you don't see that overpowering wide play as there isn't space to make those runs. Would love to make my team's pitch a lot smaller but haven't had that option available. :(

E: how are you supposed to be stopping those super dribblers down the flank? Against bigger teams they just pick the ball in front of the full back, round him and leave him to bite the dust, cross to the near post (mainly) and it is a goal.

not really sure what's to complain about here tbh.. especially considering they matched you for passes completed and trounced you in aerial battles..

I think it's more the time those goals were scored! :D

Still, it's a tactical issue.

Seeing as I haven't conceded a goal in the last seven premier league games, all wins, with Southampton. Seeing that my possession is averaging 65%+, that I play at a lower tempo, and that eg. my right back has 1 1/2 stars..

It has to be your tactics guys.

Out of curiosity, if you had been Dinamo, would you be on here complaining about it being unrealistic?

I don't play Croatian League, but I've been registered on a SI approved croatian forum for the last 7 years. Researchers mess up that league so badly, and it gets unrealistic very quickly. Hajduk is the worst, that team is garbage in real life , but in the game, thanks to the researchers, they have the best team in the league for no good reason. And to answer your question I would complain. Dinamo is the worst team statistically in the last few years in the European cups (CL and UEL) and you shouldn't be able to win against teams like Real in 4 minutes, by scoring 3 goals.

I don't play Croatian League, but I've been registered on a SI approved croatian forum for the last 7 years. Researchers mess up that league so badly, and it gets unrealistic very quickly. Hajduk is the worst, that team is garbage in real life , but in the game, thanks to the researchers, they have the best team in the league for no good reason. And to answer your question I would complain. Dinamo is the worst team statistically in the last few years in the European cups (CL and UEL) and you shouldn't be able to win against teams like Real in 4 minutes, by scoring 3 goals.

It's one match though? You need to soak test it longer.

If one match always went the way it 'should' the whole sport of football would be dead as an event, spectacle or pot of occasional magic it is; let alone computer games part simulating the sport.

1.jpg

Bad example, I can wholehearthedly say it's your tactics.

Say whattt?

12 shots on target to their 8 ... not a huge difference..

5 CCC's .. they had 4 ...

possession about equal...

Also.. please cut out the swearing.

Considering that Dinamo is the worst team, by far, in the Europe (CL and UEL games wise) they should't be able to put those stats against me, and especially Real Madrid. If you ever watched a Dinamo game, you would know what I'm talking about.

I don't play Croatian League, but I've been registered on a SI approved croatian forum for the last 7 years. Researchers mess up that league so badly, and it gets unrealistic very quickly. Hajduk is the worst, that team is garbage in real life , but in the game, thanks to the researchers, they have the best team in the league for no good reason.

Have you contested any of the data in the data forum?

After reading some of the posts regarding 'too many goals' I have run a little test. Admittedly not the most reliable of tests but I thought I'd run it anyway.

I looked at the real life Premier League table today and there have been 280 goals scored so far this season. I added myself in as unemployed on FM15 and holidayed it to today's date within the game. The total number of goals scored in the Premier League within the game environment is 290 - so pretty accurate.

Seems fine to me! :thup:

Yes, but how many of these were goals from crosses? Because that's what everyone is obsessing about this year.

Anyway, to keep it on topic before I get reprimanded again, I notice than on release the problem with the dot sizes on the 2D view after a 3D replay has been shown wasn't addressed. This must be such a small, easy thing to fix, but it's ruining things a bit for me. My preference is watching in the newer 2D mode, then watching replays in 3D. I now can't do this, as the dots are too small post-replay. So I'm now just watching without replays.

But no-one seems to care, so I don't expect it'll ever get looked at. Ah well.

Most of the rest of the game is fine now. It still lacks that something that FM14 had for me, but I'll probably get more into it when I begin my proper career saves. Love the way the game still penalises you heavily for making all three subs at half time (forced, as I totally switched formation) - player taken off injured in 47mins :rolleyes:

Considering that Dinamo is the worst team, by far, in the Europe (CL and UEL games wise) they should't be able to put those stats against me, and especially Real Madrid. If you ever watched a Dinamo game, you would know what I'm talking about.

If Dinamo performed against other teams like they did against you, then they're a good side / data problem. If everyone else hammers them (and they only beat you), then it's you.

How have they done in other games?

This must be such a small, easy thing to fix, but it's ruining things a bit for me.......But no-one seems to care, so I don't expect it'll ever get looked at. Ah well.

I feel the urge to play a sad, sad song on a tiny violin for you :D

Man up you pansy! The issue mightn't be that easy to fix and in fact, when I use 2D the dots are a decent size, so it perhaps isn't affecting many users? Log another Bug in the Bugs Forum and see if SI can lavish some attention on you :)

Don't know if this was in FM14 as well, but it's a real nice feature, though I'd obviously hate to get the sack.

tjSVc0I.png

It was in FM14, I remember Roberto Di Matteo being all over me like a rash in my Stockport save when i went on a poor run (bit of a come down from Chelsea :lol:)

If you indeed watch football you should know there have been countless of times where bigger teams such as Real, Barcelona, United etc have been beaten by teams they should win against on paper every time due to lack of motivation / complacency / luck.

This was a fluke result and they happen. If you're going to throw a tantrum every time it does happen, this is the wrong game for you.

Hi all!

I have a question, iam starting an online game but my m8 cant find me in serverlist.

We live in diff countries (both europe) but that shouldnt be an issue now should it? It cant find anywhere to select diff regions to search for games either.

Regards

It was in FM14, I remember Roberto Di Matteo being all over me like a rash in my Stockport save when i went on a poor run (bit of a come down from Chelsea :lol:)

Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossen Enrique won't be hired anytime soon :)

Interesting as I've just re-run the test and focused on the Vanarama North division.

Within the FM environment there have been 405 goals scored by today's date on holiday mode. In real life there have been 493 goals scored as of today.

Again, I see no issue, apart from maybe NOT ENOUGH goals scored :thup:

Sadly this is not relevant as when you're unemployed and sim the leagues aren't running on 'full' detail. When the league is run on full detail it uses the ME for results. Otherwise it just quick sims it. Hence why you got low scoring results.

Sadly this is not relevant as when you're unemployed and sim the leagues aren't running on 'full' detail. When the league is run on full detail it uses the ME for results. Otherwise it just quick sims it. Hence why you got low scoring results.

I created a topic for this exact reason, meaning to actually see if there's indeed an issue with high scoring games.

Feel free to post your results of a season here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405434-Post-your-results!

The results so far seem to indicate that there isn't actually an issue apart from some occurences here and there

I created a topic for this exact reason, meaning to actually see if there's indeed an issue with high scoring games.

Feel free to post your results of a season here: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405434-Post-your-results!

The results so far seem to indicate that there isn't actually an issue apart from some occurences here and there

I remember spending hours and hours doing research on it on FM14 and certainly found quite a massive differences between the quick sim engine and the full ME.

I'd love to do it again, and hopefully my laptop charger (which blew up an hour before release last night) will be replaced this weekend.

I remember spending hours and hours doing research on it on FM14 and certainly found quite a massive differences between the quick sim engine and the full ME.

I'd love to do it again, and hopefully my laptop charger (which blew up an hour before release last night) will be replaced this weekend.

That's exactly why I ask for the results of each persons team and not of their league. Means all matches are definately full detail etc

Is it normally long before a new fix is released after full release. I know you can't tell us exactly. But i simply cannot play the game in its current state. It is completely unrealistic in terms of gameplay and goals scored. And before anyone says anything iv uploaded numerous pkms and havent seen any change since.

Is it normally long before a new fix is released after full release. I know you can't tell us exactly. But i simply cannot play the game in its current state. It is completely unrealistic in terms of gameplay and goals scored. And before anyone says anything iv uploaded numerous pkms and havent seen any change since.

Can you please post a season's results of your team here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405434-Post-your-results!

Sorry that I insist with that mods, but I do feel it's interesting to actually see what people claim instead of only a random banter in the feedback thread. :)

Can you please post a season's results of your team here:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405434-Post-your-results!

Sorry that I insist with that mods, but I do feel it's interesting to actually see what people claim instead of only a random banter in the feedback thread. :)

Consider im Athlone Town, a team who irl just got relegated. And im battering some of the best teams in the league.

TdffIfd.png

Archived