Official Football Manager 2015 Pre Release Beta Feedback Thread - Update 15.0.3

No defensive wingers anymore :confused:

They were a mainstay of my tactic on FM14.

I'm really not convinced by this version so far. I'll give it a fair whack though before I pass any proper judgement, but I'm not impressed at all so far, and it takes something for me to say that.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dont really like the UI at all its hard to find where things are and FM14 just looked more professional and usable. My main gripe is that the star rating is completely gone from the player attribute screen. Its annoying having to click into report each time when it used to just be there.

Yes! Very annoying. That, the news (a mish mash of colours) and the tactics screens are my three main gripes at the moment.

Also, when picking a substitute using the drop down on the tactics screen, surely it should remove the players that have already been picked? I don't want to have to scroll past Hugo Lloris to pick my substitute keeper when he's already starting.

Also, looking forward to the light skin. Had to change the colour of 16+ attributes to yellow so they stand out a bit more.

The immersion is completely lost in the beta.

Opposition seem to score stupid goals. I lost 4-2 to West Brom. 3 of them were from where my goalie palmed them right into the direction of the single striker. Ridiculous. One was where the shot was going completely wide and my keep dived to 'save' it and palmed it into the lone striker.

The 4th goal was just stupid where my players wouldn't run to clear the ball and their striker just ran through and shot. My keeper didn't even try and save it.

Also, when picking a substitute using the drop down on the tactics screen, surely it should remove the players that have already been picked? I don't want to have to scroll past Hugo Lloris to be my substitute keeper when he's already starting.

This reflects my thoughts.

Biggest shock is the player selection on match days. Its horrible. I preferred the old way of right clicking and selecting player. Now I have to keep scrolling to find players etc. Can this be changed?

Every info pane on that screen is customisable and has been for a while, I just swiched one of the boxes out for the star rating. You only have to do it once and it applies to all players.

OT : Really like the new report screen

Really dislike the new tactics screen.

It is customisable on the "profile" page but i have it on "attribute" page and nothing can be changed. It used to be across the top just with stars.

Biggest shock is the player selection on match days. Its horrible. I preferred the old way of right clicking and selecting player. Now I have to keep scrolling to find players etc. Can this be changed?

Try setting your formation and then right-clicking the shirt of the player on the formations screen. It's an easy way to do it.

I just noticed that before a match, when I see the other team's lineup I can click on players and I get information about them. I really like this.

I don't think the UI is that bad, I think it's well thought. For instance, I was trying to find Backroom advice, I thought that it should be related to staff so I checked in that menu and it was there. It will just take some getting used too, just like the old one did for new players.

A thing I noticed is with the deep lying playmaker in the DM position, tackling isn't one of the recommended attributes. Surely it must be?

What level are you playing at? As far as I'm concerned, it is defensively very solid compared to FM14.

If you find repeated examples of the full back issue and crosses in particular, please upload .pkms to the ME Bugs Forum so they can be appraised.

Oh, basement level. Irish second tier. That probably has a big effect.

But it's notable that in the 16 matches before I was appointed manager (i.e. when the game was using its background simulation) there were never more than three goals. In the first six games of my reign, there hasn't yet been a game with fewer than three goals, and half the games have featured six or more. And a lot of them, both for and against, are crosses to the back post that the full back just doesn't deal with. My AML/AMR are running riot.

Have SI 'done a microsoft' and changed the layout to make it tablet/touchscreen friendly? The UI makes sense if you're using a tablet but with keyboard and mouse its an absolute mess.

Secondly the main stand camera (in lower league at least) does not show the full pitch. My player is on the touchline on the halfway point and disappears off the screen. You cant actually see the touchline.

So far my thoughts:

- Match engine and player animation looking really improved

- UI looks good in general but the sidebar has too much blank space to my liking and the biggest let down is the tactics screen with the player roles on the left side rather than on the pitch. Hope SI can make some changes before the full game goes live.

• Administrators
Have SI 'done a microsoft' and changed the layout to make it tablet/touchscreen friendly? The UI makes sense if you're using a tablet but with keyboard and mouse its an absolute mess.

Secondly the main stand camera (in lower league at least) does not show the full pitch. My player is on the touchline on the halfway point and disappears off the screen. You cant actually see the touchline.

Use the mouse-wheel to zoom out.

Agreed. Look how much wasted space there is where it only says 'S1' 'S2' etc. Also means you can't fit many more columns to the right of the player's names, like if you wanted to customise it and have how many games they'd played/assists they'd made etc.

Agreed. The tactics screen as it stands is dreadful.

• Administrators
Agreed. The tactics screen as it stands is dreadful.

CONSTRUCTIVE FEEDBACK please. I don't know how many times we need to say it. Calling it dreadful helps no-one. Why don't you like it?

• SI Staff
Is there a way to add a new signing to the training camp squad?

Loving it so far but the UI is taking some getting used to. Player animations look fantastic and much better than the preview videos.

The news item confirming the signing should have had a link to the Training Camp registration screen.

Alternatively you can go to your Registration screen, change the Competition View in the top right of the screen to 'Training Camp' and you should then be ale to register your new signing for the Camp.

• Administrators
While doing a sub at half time, I changed a midfieler by another one and the new player was noted as "orange", like if it was not his natural place. I changed screen, then comeback on the tactic and he was back to green.

Please raise the issue here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/426-User-Interface

Thanks.

• Administrators
Really don't like the way you substitute players at all, it wasn't broke so why fix it? I may get used to it but really really don't like it.

Also it's taking an age to save.

Again please constructive feedback, why don't you like it? What's changed that you don't like?

We're aware of issues with some slowdown in interface and with saving. Thanks.

The immersion is completely lost in the beta.

Opposition seem to score stupid goals. I lost 4-2 to West Brom. 3 of them were from where my goalie palmed them right into the direction of the single striker. Ridiculous. One was where the shot was going completely wide and my keep dived to 'save' it and palmed it into the lone striker.

The 4th goal was just stupid where my players wouldn't run to clear the ball and their striker just ran through and shot. My keeper didn't even try and save it.

Oh, basement level. Irish second tier. That probably has a big effect.

But it's notable that in the 16 matches before I was appointed manager (i.e. when the game was using its background simulation) there were never more than three goals. In the first six games of my reign, there hasn't yet been a game with fewer than three goals, and half the games have featured six or more. And a lot of them, both for and against, are crosses to the back post that the full back just doesn't deal with. My AML/AMR are running riot.

It's been mentioned here and a standalone thread that they are aware of awful goal keeping and too many goals, especially in lower-tier football.

Again please constructive feedback, why don't you like it? What's changed that you don't like?

We're aware of issues with some slowdown in interface and with saving. Thanks.

I don't like it because it's too fiddly, you seem to have to scroll through players that are already playing to get to one you want. It all seems very sluggish and not user friendly.

• Administrators
Unfortunately the first couple of crashes came early for me, when I set individual training and use filters, it always crashes when I filter to U21/18, then back to seniors...

Yeah known issue, we'd suggest not using the individual player training for players outside of the first team squad.

• Administrators
I don't like it because it's too fiddly, you seem to have to scroll through players that are already playing to get to one you want. It all seems very sluggish and not user friendly.

Okay, thanks for the feedback, it's appreciated.

Try setting your formation and then right-clicking the shirt of the player on the formations screen. It's an easy way to do it.

But if the shirt is an empty position, right clicking it has no effect. In the last game, right clicking would bring up a pop up screen listing players in order of suitability, and giving you the option to quick pick the player for that position. It's far less intuitive now.

Not sure whether the tactic I've built is unbelievable or if the game is significantly easier... Top of the league 10 games played 33 goals scored. Nottm Forest.

Loving it so far though... Just all seems a bit easy.

Is the Scouting rating system changes from fm14, or are there som kind of bug?? Nicolai Jørgensen from FC copenhagen has only ½ a star, Human tariq har Potentiale 2½ star, same with Sakho, Feghouli, Zaza.

Vidal and Pogba is set for 4 stars on full potentiale. This is from my scout with 19/19 i Juventus.

Yeah the user interface isn't fully optimised at this stage, but what you're encountering seems a bit too much. Start a thread here and I'll try to help - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/418-Crashes-Game-Launch-and-Technical-Issues

It was actually working ok the last time I tried to do it, must have been a glitch. Thanks.

The old interface worked well. It was more intuitive changing positions and instructions on the drop downs on the player on the pitch rather than all the way on the left, and then having to review how it fits together on the right. There should be less need to move your eyes from one side of the screen to the other. It's not too much of an issue if its skinnable back to the old style as I'm sue people will make a skin that moves it somewhere else.

My other feedback is when making three subs, you have to scroll down to do the teamtalk for the third sub. Everything is on its own line with large spacing, it should be more condensed (like in FM14) so you can make teamtalks with subs without scrolling your mouse wheel.

But if the shirt is an empty position, right clicking it has no effect. In the last game, right clicking would bring up a pop up screen listing players in order of suitability, and giving you the option to quick pick the player for that position. It's far less intuitive now.

Try different mouse actions, hovering, left click, double click, and all them on the shirt and the star.

SO yeah , the tactics screen.

Where has create a tactic gone ? ( having the wizard to quickly create a new tactic was perfect , unless I am missing it then the new system is far too many clicks to do the same job)

The boxes with the pull down menus for players should be toggleable ie if I just want to sort by position and assign them that way then all that wasted space above is just a distraction and a waste.

Clicking on a player on the pitch view pulls up a massive screen on the left , it would be beneficial if that screen showed a list of suitable players rather than just a massive grey block with a pull down at the top - It's all just wasted space and it's ugly.

The side bar is fine , but I dunno if any of you have played EVE online ? It hs a similar side bar but it has a toggle at the top that if presses pulls in the side bar and all that remains is a much much thinner sidebar that displays icons rather than the full names of the options, something like that would be great as the sidebar takes up a fair part of screen real-estate that it doesn't need to.

Edit : The changing of player roles and stuff on the left is just fiddly and unintuitive , in 14 you could do everything on the pitch with minimal clicks and movement of the mouse.

What size of screens do your testers use ? There seems to be too many large blocks of colour with nothing happening in them and it looks bad on a 24" monitor at 1080p

Is the Scouting rating system changes from fm14, or are there som kind of bug?? Nicolai Jørgensen from FC copenhagen has only ½ a star, Human tariq har Potentiale 2½ star, same with Sakho, Feghouli, Zaza.

Vidal and Pogba is set for 4 stars on full potentiale. This is from my scout with 19/19 i Juventus.

Star ratings are relative to the level of your team in general. Pogba would be five stars at a worse team, and perhaps 3 or 3½ Real Madrid. Scouting is also less certain than it used to be: you'll need to scout players over time and across matches to get a full perspective on how good they are, especially more obscure players.

Enjoying it so far.

I agree the player selection especially subs is a bit fiddly but i'm sure we'll get used to it.

Playing on laptop and its hard to see the ball in 3d view, have to really strain, its not very bright.

ME is good, only conceded 2 goals in 10 games but i'm a top team.

Impressed so far :thup:

One thing I am impressed with is the scout reports and the related attribute ranges, this is a major step forward.

Started saves on both FM and FMC now to get a feel for both. After I've played a bunch of games on both, I'll give more detailed feedback, but right now there's more cons than pros, which is bitterly disappointing.

SO yeah , the tactics screen.

Where has create a tactic gone ? ( having the wizard to quickly create a new tactic was perfect , unless I am missing it then the new system is far too many clicks to do the same job)

The boxes with the pull down menus for players should be toggleable ie if I just want to sort by position and assign them that way then all that wasted space above is just a distraction and a waste.

Clicking on a player on the pitch view pulls up a massive screen on the left , it would be beneficial if that screen showed a list of suitable players rather than just a massive grey block with a pull down at the top - It's all just wasted space and it's ugly.

The side bar is fine , but I dunno if any of you have played EVE online ? It hs a similar side bar but it has a toggle at the top that if presses pulls in the side bar and all that remains is a much much thinner sidebar that displays icons rather than the full names of the options, something like that would be great as the sidebar takes up a fair part of screen real-estate that it doesn't need to.

Good things : New report screen is nice , attribute ranges for unscouted players is nice

First impressions:

Love the new sidebar, but the default skin as a whole feels pretty cluttered as it is now and to me it has a lot to do with the colours and translucency. I wish there were more colour options for the skin, background, text, etc.

I miss the ability to see the player roles and mentality on the tactical screen.

When offering a mutual contract termination to my ass.man and then aborting, I cant seem to find the option to offer it again the next day. Cant recall this being the case in FM14?

When going to make a substitution and you click on the players drop down it'd be much better just to have the available substitutes rather than bring up the rest of the first team aswell in no particular order. I'm seeing some high scoring with some strange goals but after all this is the beta...don't get too disheartened SI guys, I've seen much worse beta releases :thup:

It seems strange that SI got rid of the star ratings on how each player is suited to a certain role on the tactics screen, this was really easy to use and gave all the information you could possibly need.

Now it is replaced with just the order they can play in certain roles, sometimes the role you want is not listed, does that mean they can not play that role or does it not really matter anymore?

So far that is the only thing I miss from the tactics screen, it was just so easy to use.

Archived