Semi-Finals Match 2: The Netherlands vs Argentina - Wed July9th, 9pm BST

• SI Staff

Let's start this thread off on a lighter note.

As you may be aware, recently Queen Beatrix has been succeeded by now King Willem-Alexander

Our King is married to Queen Maxima of Argentina.

This epic battle will surely mean some battles between the two! :D

Br0eGC6IgAAMBhZ_0.jpg?itok=dZWjs2Yp

10481972_690637587638627_2789517919689031372_n.jpg

The 2nd one reads:

"I ken not eat like dat, no Willie?"

"That's what's I'm saying... you're nothing without Messi!"

Mes = Knife in Dutch. Messie is a diminutive form of knife. (little knife)

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some newspapers say that all the Dutch shirts have been sold in Sao Paulo, the same as belgium and switzerland. I went to Argentina Belgium match in Brasilia and there were a lot of people with Belgium Shirts, it was a bit strange, when i tried to talk to them, they answered in portuguese. I did not know that the first language in Belgium was the portuguese. :lol::lol:

• SI Staff
It most definitely isn't.

98, that was your time.

It could be our FOURTH final. We lost the other three, and let's say fortune hasn't been on our hands before... (Rensenbrink and the post for example)

• SI Staff

Likely line-ups so far

Holland: Cillessen / Kuijt, de Vrij, Vlaar, Martins Indi, Blind / Sneijder, Wijnaldum / Depay, Van Persie, Robben

Argentina: Romero / Zabaleta, Demichelis, Garay, Rojo / Mascherano, Biglia, Perez / Lavezzi, Higuain, Messi

I don't give a **** about Maxima :D

I don't think we're gonna win, IF that happens gonna be a hugue surprise to me.

eh? huge surprise if you win? that's just rubbish

details will decide the match. Both teams have weapons to win it, and weaknesses to lose it.

The thing is I've had too many disappointments so now prefer not expect anything and take a joy if we win instead of hoping for the best and be sad again.

Has anyone read the comparisons with Messi and Maradona's and how the career's up to now mirror each other?If he wins a World Cup in the America's against Germany it would top the lot.

Anyway come on Argentina how would Brazil feel if they beat the Team that stuffed them so convincingly?

Nigel de Jong returns! \o/

He'll shut Messi out of the game, 1-0 Holland, Robben goalscorer :cool:

I dislike Argentina and the Netherlands but I'll back the Netherlands for three reasons - 1. They're European; 2. Germany/Holland will be great/better than Germany/Argentina; 3. I'm not sure I could put up with the verbal blowjobs of "MESSI'S TIME MESSI'S TIME TRULY DA GREATEST EVER WE LUV U LIONEL!" because **** that.

Argentina are dreadful (bit exaggerated but they're not better than Brazil really so here's hoping for another 7-1 tonight). Didn't even look close to scoring against Belgium, despite actually getting a goal.

This is so going to extra time.

I hope not, no way I can stay up for extra time and penalties, that would be 1am here, I could be up at 5am for my 'job' so I will just have to read about it when I get time tomorrow.

Anyway I think Argentina to win 3-1 in 90 minutes.

Nigel de Jong returns! \o/

He'll shut Messi out of the game, 1-0 Holland, Robben goalscorer :cool:

I dislike Argentina and the Netherlands but I'll back the Netherlands for three reasons - 1. They're European; 2. Germany/Holland will be great/better than Germany/Argentina; 3. I'm not sure I could put up with the verbal blowjobs of "MESSI'S TIME MESSI'S TIME TRULY DA GREATEST EVER WE LUV U LIONEL!" because **** that.

Argentina are dreadful (bit exaggerated but they're not better than Brazil really so here's hoping for another 7-1 tonight). Didn't even look close to scoring against Belgium, despite actually getting a goal.

I love Messi and want him to do well but the sucking him off will be annoying and you just know Chiles will make some awful, awful joke and say "he's not a bad player is he?" or some other cliched bollocks

I love Messi and want him to do well but the sucking him off will be annoying and you just know Chiles will make some awful, awful joke and say "he's not a bad player is he?" or some other cliched bollocks

Yup, pretty much. It will be horrid.

And you know if Argentina get to the final the headlines won't be about GERMANY V ARGENTINA - it will be IT IS MESSI'S TIME TO SHINE or whatever.

I swear JDownie is the most miserable person alive. Always raging about everything.

relax fgs :D

Huh? I'm not raging at all :confused: And I'm not miserable, either, fwiw. I'm pretty lax about everything, just not looking forward to the impending verbal blowjobs that Messi is gonna get if Argentina progress...

Thank God, the last match on ITV I will watch this World Cup!

Even as poor as ITV have been in the past they have surpassed themselves, it has been pretty tragic watching and listening to them.

BBC haven't even been great but switching from them to ITV is night and day. Just so, so, so awful.

Archived