*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

in 3D ME. ball speed when hit the ground is very very fast than realistic.

it's look like we play on ice! NOT a grass.

i very disappoint about it. because that make the 40-50 yards long pass was useless at all.

in real football, the long pass to the blank is one of the very important play. but its seem useless in FM2013

FM2012 its correct momentum of the ball, but i dont understand why SI change it in FM2013.

i will wait for next update, if this problem NOT fix, i will go back to play FM2012.

Really? The ball in FM13 slows down considerably faster than the ball in FM12, so I have no idea what you're complaining about and half a page above this post there is a mod saying the exact same thing.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any data issues about Tottenham players need to be in the Tottenham thread in the Data Issues Forum. Please make sure your post is more detailed than this and you can state why you think Huddlestone's data is wrong, what needs improving and also provide examples/proof, thanks

Will you be doing a tactics thread for fm2013. I hope so. Your comments always make sense.?

Some pages back of this thread, I did mention that I thought also that the Closing Down/Defensive Line settings seemed as if they were 'inverted' at times. But the 'appearance' also has a story behind it. In my oppinion, if you, for example, attempt to Close Down an opponent that has enough talent to out manouver you then your team will be on the backfoot which would explain why it might look 'inverted'. This senario could happen if you are underdogs gainst a better team and try to press over the 'mechanical' limit that allows the ammount of closing down it 'permits' your team compared to opposition.

Take as an example one of my last games: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107816740

Wimbledon (me) is predicted 16th and Bristol R is predicted 1st. I make a lot of my strategy assumptions through the pre-match-odds, which indicates pretty much how much you should be emphasizing on the attacking/defending part of the engine (*Mentality). Mentality is basically how much you are emphasizing on the % of attacking/defending against your opponent. Match-odds indicate in what 'area' you should be in to get the most out of the game - hence the ingame strategy reality.

That is basically the first step, the next steps are to get the ammount of closing down and where to put the defensive line approximately right. Last step is width. All the other sliders are more or less to do with how you play (style). There are no magic numbers, only general good assumptions on 'areas'. As you can see, I made the (more or less) correct assumption in that screenshot. After playing the game for a number of years, with the exception of FM12, I can safely say that I have learned a few things about the strategy reality - maybe that is the reason I don't always see the same as some other people when looking at the ME. I can say that I have tried to make wrong assumptions or tried to press too much or too little against certain opponents - and you are right, it doesn't look that good...

There's nowhere near enough detail on the finances tab. My club is currently losing £10m a month. That's about twice my expenditure in wages so if I sold every single player, I still would be losing £5m a month. What is this "tax"? What is "other costs"? What is "non-football costs"? It feels like I'm penalised for being successful and fiscally conservative.

Non-football costs are £3.7m. Tax is £4.6m and Other is £2.4m

Man United spent £120m this season and I have to compete with that. They are losing £27m a month. City are paying tax of 2.2m a month and their wage bill is 3 times mine. Again how can I compete?

I only spend on transfer fees as much as I bring in so that should balance out. What do I do to reduce this budget deficit? The game isn't providing me with any information. At this rate I'll never have enough for a new stadium.

My main issue has been with the 'Home Advantage' or 'Away Disadvantage', whichever way you want to look at it. I recently completed a season with Arsenal and my home form saw me 3rd best in the league whilst my away form was 15th, 2 points less from away matches and it would have been 19th! (I finished that season a dismal 5th, my worst ever with the Gunners since I started playing back in CM01/02)

Now obviously I tried adjusting my tactics, adopting a more careful defensive approach, ones that would ensure plenty of ball retention and avoid clubs like Reading, QPR, West Ham etc. from getting a foothold. However nothing really seems to work and when I can beat Manchester United and Chelsea comfortably at home but West Brom dominate me 3-0 at the Hawthorns I can begin to feel my blood pressure raise significantly.

I would not necessarily say that this was a Match Engine issue, but more of an issue with how badly players seem to perform when playing away games and I am sure it only requires a minor tweak in order to change it so that minnow teams aren't so lethal when hosting the giants. I don't have any complaints with any other aspect of the game, and if it weren't for this one thing, I would say it is infact the most polished game you have released in a very long time.

p.s. One more small thing. The whole 'showing kick off and final whistle' thing is a waste of time unless there is an actual highlight to show.

There's nowhere near enough detail on the finances tab. My club is currently losing £10m a month. That's about twice my expenditure in wages so if I sold every single player, I still would be losing £5m a month. What is this "tax"? What is "other costs"? What is "non-football costs"? It feels like I'm penalised for being successful and fiscally conservative.

Non-football costs are £3.7m. Tax is £4.6m and Other is £2.4m

Man United spent £120m this season and I have to compete with that. They are losing £27m a month. City are paying tax of 2.2m a month and their wage bill is 3 times mine. Again how can I compete?

I only spend on transfer fees as much as I bring in so that should balance out. What do I do to reduce this budget deficit? The game isn't providing me with any information. At this rate I'll never have enough for a new stadium.

How can teams compete irl? Its much more realistic than say reading getting transfer budget of $70M as would happen in prev versions.

How can teams compete irl? Its much more realistic than say reading getting transfer budget of $70M as would happen in prev versions.

The problem is that even without spending any of my transfer budget I still can't keep the finances healthy. All of my buys have been funded from player sales. I have all of my transfer budget left for the season and I'm £400k under my wage budget and I'm still making a huge loss monthly. The finances screen has a projection and apparently my wages are supposed to be reduced from £1.1m in 2013 to £350k by 2015 to balance the books. That is impossible.

The problem is that even without spending any of my transfer budget I still can't keep the finances healthy. All of my buys have been funded from player sales. I have all of transfer budget left for the season and I'm £400k under my wage budget.

I would invite a mod or si to clarify this point. Maybe a bug, maybe finances are a lot more realistic??

I would invite a mod or si to clarify this point. Maybe a bug, maybe finances are a lot more realistic??

It seems it's by design but there is a bug report in and it's being investigated.

It obviously is related to FFP and/or tax because in South America where I'm managing it's not an issue.

This games has ruined football manager for me. I loved the football manager games, every second of time i was free i played it. I played it till all hour but this new one is not good. The game play, the way you never seem to win more than 3 games in a row. and it isn't tactics have tried everything. Don't get me wrong the director of football thing i like and the new press conference and talking to staff and players I like. But it is too unrealistic in the game play. Players just run past a ball right next to them instead of picking it up and running with it or passing it. IT STUPID.

This games has ruined football manager for me. I loved the football manager games, every second of time i was free i played it. I played it till all hour but this new one is not good. The game play, the way you never seem to win more than 3 games in a row. and it isn't tactics have tried everything. Don't get me wrong the director of football thing i like and the new press conference and talking to staff and players I like. But it is too unrealistic in the game play. Players just run past a ball right next to them instead of picking it up and running with it or passing it. IT STUPID.

I've just won 10 games in a row with Liverpool in the second season. I think this version of the engine rewards tactical consistency and squad cohesion more than was the case in previous versions. I've only added 2 new first-team players each season and that seems to be helping a lot.

If that's the case, how have I managed this?

Celtic_FixturesSchedule-8.png

I've just won 10 games in a row with Liverpool in the second season. I think this version of the engine rewards tactical consistency and squad cohesion more than was the case in previous versions. I've only added 2 new first-team players each season and that seems to be helping a lot.

Pay close attention to roles and duties too, they are the keys to linking play from back to front.

far too many shots on target by my team hit the keeper, they get on chance all game and score it, the same way i missed 3 or 4 previous.

never had this excessive ammount of shots. every time clean through, striker hits the keeper, same position at least 3 times.

especially when a game you dominated eans you lose a defender to 2 yellows for a "bad foul", he jumped for the ball :/ the card thing does need looking at, there are quite a lot spread over the games.

A790BE82416471E28A5E83EC6BEE809D542DCBAD

far too many shots on target by my team hit the keeper, they get on chance all game and score it, the same way i missed 3 or 4 previous.

never had this excessive ammount of shots. every time clean through, striker hits the keeper, same position at least 3 times.

especially when a game you dominated eans you lose a defender to 2 yellows for a "bad foul", he jumped for the ball :/ the card thing does need looking at, there are quite a lot spread over the games.

I had had this problem in previous FMs but not in FM13. My players score with a ruthless efficiency. I tend to have about the same number of shots and amount of possession as the AI but I score far more goals:

ScreenShot2012-11-08at124002AM.png

Im not sure if this has been addressed in previous posts as I have been unable to follow this thread much lately, however one thing I have noticed is that the number of penalties given seems excessive. I dont mind the occasional game where a few are given, it happens but I would say in around 3-4 games so far this season (season 2014/15) I have been in a match with 3 or more penalties given. In one game, my striker got a hat trick by just scoring penalties.

Again, if this was a freak occurrence then no problem, but ive seen it a lot.

my love affair has ended with this latest edition, like many of the above i used every spare second to play these games since 1997, honestley spent a nice percentage of my life playin cm and later fm, but i can ony liken this seasons installment which as usual i greatly anticipated, to a console managment game, like somethin i played on a megadrive or playstation in the lat 90's. not havin a dig, an i dont think its really construtive critism, but i read a lot of people sayin similar. i think its got too flash an gimmicky, an unfortunatly as i reach 30 it looks like ill be leavin fm behind. i just think a return to basics is required, iv tried the classic version, its not for me. ill never forget my best save ever though. but really, we dont need half the stuff on there and most of that is the problematic stuff. we need teams, players, staff, ground, figueres etc, thats the main part of it all thats what were buyin into, its not about that anymore, its about hotfix's , patch's etc. i remember the days when on release day i could buy cm go home install it , an play it, an that was that till release day next year. its just become a mess now, and just too much hastle if you wanna have a proper game.

I posted this in the high value asking prices topic, I'd like to quote it here. My biggest gripe with FM13 so far. That an the random bug of not being able to set up friendlies for your B-Team.

I've noticed this, and while I agree it's suitable for certain clubs, it's not a valid option for all scenarios.

Example, I found a young Iranian who played for Moghavemat Shahid Sepasi Fars, who I've never heard of. Valued at 20K, his club wouldn't sell him for any less than 2mil, I ended up having to back out and he ended up going to Persepolis for 750K.

It's annoying for 2 reasons. One, I have a very good, but expensive scouting network set up across the globe. A scout for almost every region to check the far corners of the world for talented players. When you find that gem in the middle of no where, realistically they would be dirt cheap in real life, varying depending on who the buying club was, United may pay a few 100K, a lesser known club may pay a few 10 thousand pounds. Yet when I find a good youngster, you don't get any sort of pay off for the investment in your scouting, just the expense of setting up the network [edit: as every prospect, anywhere in the world, regardless of value, is automatically 2mil or more]. I can understand if they played in a major league/club in Europe, or another well known league/club, but generally these clubs and their countries (of lesser nations) are happy for their youngsters to join bigger clubs as it gives them the desperately needed cash flow, prestige of having brought up that player, and exposure for their nation.

I put the time and investment in to discovering a decent player in the middle of no where and I get screwed because of a placeholder to reduce users from overloading on good young players. [edit: the proposed idea why this was happening, as discussed in that thread]

Number two. It reinforces how the AI basically cheats to get better rates when buying and offering wages. It happens bad enough in the competitive transfer market. Even worse when you find a gem, you can't afford to pay the crazy asking price and as soon as you back out from buying them, another club comes along and pays half of what you were expected to pay and snatches them up on the cheap.

If the stance on this issue is to reduce the amount of wonder kids bought up by the user then they have gone about it the wrong way. How a player develops should be a lot more risky. Currently every player you find in game, if you make sure they avoid the major characteristic weaknesses, you can develop them. It needs to be a lot less certain. They also need to make it so players who aren't thought of having much potential can surprise people, either by proving you wrong or being a late bloomer.

Punishing the user for doing what they are supposed to do isn't the way to go about it.

Edit: Oh and I'm getting a lot of 'He didn't mean that' type crosses and shots in the ME. Probably once every 4-6 games played, either by me or by the AI. Not all of them go in, but surely it's not that common crosses that accidently turn into on target shots happen.

One aspect that I think FM12 modeled better than FM13 is the transcendency of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. IN FM12, both players were as dominant as they are in RL, averaging over a goal a game, whether playing for me or for the AI. However, in FM13, both are barely averaging 0.5 goals per game while playing for the AI (I have yet to use either player personally).

And that also in matches that are about 20 to 25 minutes shorter and short on action compared to the full 90 minutes on FM 2013. Likely to do with the introduction of collision detection also. Maybe that is putting it a tad simple, but here goes: On previous FM's quick dribbling players in particular found themselves in plenty of space because they didn't need to "physically" dribble around players, they could advance right through anybody who didn't actually challenge them via tackles, etc. It will likely take a while to work that one out and get it anywhere near to where it was before, as you say, the numbers are vastly different.

I have no idea why the lack of any real pressure put on players wasn't noticed before it was decided that the engine was ready for FM 2013 already. Sometimes it's like watching a match of handball, in that sides, no matter their own tactics or opposing tactics are allowed to advance right into the opponent's final third and pass it back and forth there. Prior to the patch, I even had this happening against reserve sides with teams that were set quite aggressively. However, I'm still undecided if it is actually down to lack of pressure, as players of all levels in general are more prone and better at just recycling possession. Sure, now with the full 90 minutes there is some slight urgency that needs be taken off previous engine iterations, as there is lots more time to be filled and to get to statistics as well as score lines that by and largue were previously pretty realistic in a significantly shorter amount of playing time.

However, engine iterations always appear to come and go in cycles. Having started out on FM 2008 personally and going back to a 2006ish demo out of curiosity, I was totally mad that no matter what instructions, full backs were always prone to hoof it long regardless, and in the demo of CM 4, the first in which there was any visual feedback via the 2d dots, players were barely able to hold possession whatsoever, always going for the opponent goal regardless of instructions, more or less. I think there wasn't even an option to waste time back then. You can see that the basics of the reworked 2013 engine are superior to what has gone before, it will likely take a few iterations, maybe even one more game version or two, to get it where it was intended to be.

But you're only creating 4 clear cut chances compared to their 3. And for a team like Blackpool I'm guessing you don't have a Van Persie to smash in a beauty. I would suggest using the 'customise' button to see what the other shots were, I'm guessing around 10+ from long range at least, with a couple of half chances.

The DoF feature is great but it needs a lot of work.

With regard to the issue of whether he ever asks for more than your minimum value, this needs to be fixed. I think I have seen him ask for more on occassion, but it doesn't feel like often enough.

It would be cool if, for example, you were a leading EPL team, and you added a pretty competent player to the unwanted list on transfer deadline day, with a minimum value of £2 million. As deadline day progressed you should hear about the DoF trying to flog your guy for £10 million, and as the deadline approaches perhaps you should get news items of rumours of how your club would accept more like 4 or 5 million. If no-one is interested still, then at 1130pm you might see the DoF has sold the player at £2 million. Of course if he is worth more than that, then perhaps clubs could bid more for him earlier in the day.

Although I love deadline day and DoF in theory, I very strongly feel that deadline day doesn't offer half of the things we were told it would (inflated transfer fees anyone?) and that DoF needs a lot more work.

I saw it work once in that on deadline day, Liverpool offered me £20m for a player worth £10m

The problem is that even without spending any of my transfer budget I still can't keep the finances healthy. All of my buys have been funded from player sales. I have all of my transfer budget left for the season and I'm £400k under my wage budget and I'm still making a huge loss monthly. The finances screen has a projection and apparently my wages are supposed to be reduced from £1.1m in 2013 to £350k by 2015 to balance the books. That is impossible.

I also misunderstood this, but the wage projection shows that in 2013 your actual wage bill is 1.1m due to players contracts expiring and more contracts had expired in 2015. I think though, the main reason we all are loosing money each month, is that you get all the prize and tv money at the end of the season.

I thought i'd chuck my four-penneth in and say that I think that FM2013 is the best incarnation of the game since CM01/02. I've played EVERY single CM&FM game and i can honestly say that i'm enjoying FM2013 loads. Yes, there's 1 or 2 bugs with the ME and certain scorelines / match stats are somewhat unrealistic but we've got to remember IT'S A GAME!

if i listened to every supposed "game-breaker" bug then i dont think i'd play any games at all. Even the console/PC classics had glitches in. It's inevitable.

Also we've got to remember that SI haven't released any major fixes yet for FM2013 and certain member are already throwing their toys out of the pram. Passionate, dedicated you may call it. I just call it impatient.

10/10 SI for FM2013.

SJL

A FM Fan for life.

I also misunderstood this, but the wage projection shows that in 2013 your actual wage bill is 1.1m due to players contracts expiring and more contracts had expired in 2015. I think though, the main reason we all are loosing money each month, is that you get all the prize and tv money at the end of the season.
I agree, it is super confusing but I also read it as being the wages of your current squad that will still be in contract on the date shown

That actually makes a lot of sense, i was looking last night and i thought it read that in the next two years they wanted my wage budget to go from £30k a week to £6k a week, but if that is looking at the contracts and when they run out it would make a lot more sense.

I think though, the main reason we all are loosing money each month, is that you get all the prize and tv money at the end of the season.

And season ticket sales before the start of the next season, even in Argentina I lose money monthly during the season but make a net profit annually.

Just drew away 0-0 at Swansea. Nothing unusual about that it seems but it had a good feel to it. Grabbing a hard earned point away despite being under the cosh for the last 20 minutes abnd they missed a glorious chance in the last minute which they would have scored on 12. Nice to see a 0-0 draw which I always feel is a rare result in FM, it's not all about goals although obviously they are nice!!

What id quite like to know is if interest is included in the "tax" area of finances, i could understand why it was so high if something like that was included, i guess you also get taxed on any prize money and TV money that comes into your club? What about any bonus's you pay plaers, appearance, goals, anything like that, will they also be taxed?

If that's the case, how have I managed this?

Celtic_FixturesSchedule-8.png

Melillasched.png

Or this?

And this...

durhami.jpg

I used basic and uncomplicated tactics, minimal tweaks to roles, picked the correct players to fit those roles, and above all else used manager shouts during each match when my team needed them. In FM12 I often just picked my best 11 and did little else but watch the game unfold - and often got similar success. In FM13 the ME is unforgiving, as it should be.

Im not sure I completely understand what you ask sorry?

What I do know and believe is that Stars are judgement calls made by your staff, which can be different after knowledge and skill they have themselves. The star evaluation is a calculation made of the strength of your squad, the league, the other players who can play that position and the potential the player has. I have a Right Wb with 2 and a half star but he has epic attributes for that role and is described as: "Would be a leading man for most premier division sides". Thats enough for me :)

On any squad overview screen customised to show "Cur A" or "Pot A" place your mouse on the star rating of one of your players, a short description of what the stars represent pops up. It used to say, "......... rating for the senior team" where ........= Excellent, Good, etc depending on the number of stars. (strangely 5* rating = "Star"!) This was of course "the opinion of your assman".(place mouse on column heading)

Maybe this has changed.

On any squad overview screen customised to show "Cur A" or "Pot A" place your mouse on the star rating of one of your players, a short description of what the stars represent pops up. It used to say, "......... rating for the senior team" where ........= Excellent, Good, etc depending on the number of stars. (strangely 5* rating = "Star"!) This was of course "the opinion of your assman".(place mouse on column heading)

Maybe this has changed.

I don't get what the problem is either.

Star rating is one above excellent rating and for me it displays it correctly as "Star rating for the senior team" in this context of course star rating is not referring to the stars of the player but to being a "star of the team" player.

Match engine 3D is very poor... the effect "air hockey" of the players and ball is very comic :/ sometimes happens that players follow along or stay in place doing moonwalk like michael Jakcson WTF o.O ohh miles i have game Original 12.1.2 just in case that Miles J. says another unfortunate phrase says 39USS pfff is the worst ME everyone's FM ... and goalkeppers better not say anything.

• Administrators
HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to open via steam and REPEATEDLY get Module helper.DLL error???????

What the hell is that and and how to fix it????????????

Try this - http://www.sigames.com/faq/fm13.php?id=102

• Administrators
Match engine 3D is very poor... the effect "air hockey" of the players and ball is very comic :/ sometimes happens that players follow along or stay in place doing moonwalk like michael Jakcson WTF o.O ohh miles i have game Original 12.1.2 just in case that Miles J. says another unfortunate phrase says 39USS pfff is the worst ME everyone's FM ... and goalkeppers better not say anything.

If you have examples please raise them in our match engine bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/296-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

Thank you SI for rejuvenating the series with FM13. As a customer from the very beginning, the Amiga days, I felt at FM10 I had reached a bit of a plateau, struggling to adapt to the 3D aspect introduced a year earlier. It's still a big change even now for those who grew up pretending to be sick, to get a day off school to play the game through written commentary and flashing bars!

But with the promise of further evolvement I decided to download the FM13 demo and days later with pleasure I made a full purchase. You have done another exceptional job and I am very grateful for the teams hard word, enthusiasm and determination. Furthermore the greatest credit should be given for your dedication and passion to work tirelessly with your public, freely communicating and making tweaks and adjustments until February probably.

Some people on here don't realise what they've got. You know, if you're focused upon imperfections within the game, no doubt you will find some and have a much less enjoyable experience. But if you can appreciate the advancements, laugh and enjoy the PLAYING you will get so much more from it. By the way I'm s**t so far, I'm blunt up top and crap at the back, but hey that's football.

Thanks SI.

Well this is my second season as sunderland in an unemployed file, and ive got to the point where i really cant be bothered anymore.

After 10 games in the PL i have scored 27 goals and conceded 28.... coming in at a cool average of 5.5 goals per game.

To try and fix this issue i have hired new defensive coaches and set all of my match prep to defence which has solved absolutely nothing. To see your team almost guarenteed to concede at least 2 goals every game is just incredibly irritating, and the fashion at which i let the goals in is ridiculous. 70% of goals i condede is from a cross and a 2 yard tap in to a player who is ALWAYS unmarked in the box. And the rest of the goals are from a through ball whereby my defence ALWAYS walks with a 2 metres headstart and allows the striker clean through on goal. Also ive noticed an incredible number of times where my player has to move 2 feet to intercept the ball, but for some reason decides not to which often results in more stupid goals.

This also happened in my last season and ive got to the point where im losing interest in the game fast. Is anything been done to fix this? Can post screenshots of ridiculous games in which i am winning 4-1 and lose 5-4 with a 4-5-1 or a 7-2 victory v STOKE 4-4-2.

Rant over.

p.s. dont appreciate my topic being closed and locked instead of just moved, wouldnt have minded seeing if other people were experiencing the same problems first

• SI Staff
Well this is my second season as sunderland in an unemployed file, and ive got to the point where i really cant be bothered anymore.

After 10 games in the PL i have scored 27 goals and conceded 28.... coming in at a cool average of 5.5 goals per game.

To try and fix this issue i have hired new defensive coaches and set all of my match prep to defence which has solved absolutely nothing. To see your team almost guarenteed to concede at least 2 goals every game is just incredibly irritating, and the fashion at which i let the goals in is ridiculous. 70% of goals i condede is from a cross and a 2 yard tap in to a player who is ALWAYS unmarked in the box. And the rest of the goals are from a through ball whereby my defence ALWAYS walks with a 2 metres headstart and allows the striker clean through on goal. Also ive noticed an incredible number of times where my player has to move 2 feet to intercept the ball, but for some reason decides not to which often results in more stupid goals.

This also happened in my last season and ive got to the point where im losing interest in the game fast. Is anything been done to fix this? Can post screenshots of ridiculous games in which i am winning 4-1 and lose 5-4 with a 4-5-1 or a 7-2 victory v STOKE 4-4-2.

Rant over.

p.s. dont appreciate my topic being closed and locked instead of just moved, wouldnt have minded seeing if other people were experiencing the same problems first

It must be in some way related to your tactics or players as the average number of goals in the ME for all teams is around 2.8.

I made a thread about it which saw some responses but I am very confused by player values. I'm not going to read 33 pages of comments to check for any other points in this thread on the matter but I get the impression at some point someone has said that the reason player x in Norway is valued at 60k but then sells at 600k is to prevent people searching for high valued u19's and just buying them all.

This is a noble cause but entirely the wrong method as trying to buy young players from lower valued sides, particularly Eastern Europe and Scandinavia, is a painful experience at present.

It also seems redundant as the teams who are capable of buying all the u19 superstars will already have enormous scouting networks - and will find these players anyway. So if I started as Man City I expect that I would be capable of establishing a network sufficient to discover and buy these players, regardless of stated value. In the meantime bargain hunting, a real joy in a game like FM, is a flawed experience. The thing that keeps me returning to fm is the hidden gem available for tuppence.

I hope it is rectified soon as it wastes a lot of time - which is a shame as I am steadily getting into FM13 after initially finding the match engine a little imbalanced.

I made a thread about it which saw some responses but I am very confused by player values. I'm not going to read 33 pages of comments to check for any other points in this thread on the matter but I get the impression at some point someone has said that the reason player x in Norway is valued at 60k but then sells at 600k is to prevent people searching for high valued u19's and just buying them all.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/327004-FM-13-Signing-wonderkid-style-youngsters-is-very-difficult Why not just use the search function?

Literally had it with FM. Had 5 careers and every single one has resulted in being in the relegation zone. What a load of rubbish, played the game for 11 years and this is the worst one.

* I lose to average teams who are overpowered

* I lose to higher rated teams even when they're in the bottom three - obviously because their team is overpowered against mine

* No way of motivating players, they don't respond

* I control majority of game with possession, more shots and on target yet still lose

Literally can't play it anymore.

Literally had it with FM. Had 5 careers and every single one has resulted in being in the relegation zone. What a load of rubbish, played the game for 11 years and this is the worst one.

* I lose to average teams who are overpowered

* I lose to higher rated teams even when they're in the bottom three - obviously because their team is overpowered against mine

* No way of motivating players, they don't respond

* I control majority of game with possession, more shots and on target yet still lose

Literally can't play it anymore.

I still feel this is the worst FM to date, but I'm having a lot of success with Leeds (s3 and starting my first season in the CL). Despite the success, I still don't even watch the ME because I'll just get upset at the poorest ME I have seen in a long time. The game stats usually fall into median averages, but watching the actual ME looks like it was thrown together by a company who knows nothing about the sport their game is supposed to represent. I hope they actually spend time on this next ME update and maybe watch some real football to get an idea what pressing and closing down is supposed to look like.

if they fix the ME then this could be the best game ever. the new features and interface are great.

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this, what new features? If you like FMC or challenges, then sure, but for the rest of us who like to play the full game this is the poorest set of new features in memory. We have head of youth development and director of football added, which the DOF is bugged and not working correctly. The training has been changed, I wouldn't call it an improvement, just different. Taxes and tone of voice are minor improvements. Nothing major has changed and the ME is in shambles as it always is at release.

I still feel this is the worst FM to date, but I'm having a lot of success with Leeds (s3 and starting my first season in the CL). Despite the success, I still don't even watch the ME because I'll just get upset at the poorest ME I have seen in a long time. The game stats usually fall into median averages, but watching the actual ME looks like it was thrown together by a company who knows nothing about the sport their game is supposed to represent. I hope they actually spend time on this next ME update and maybe watch some real football to get an idea what pressing and closing down is supposed to look like.

Yes i will fully agree ..

The M.E has really made this years fm2013 a laughing stock ..

Its really is shocking

Its like watching bambie on ice

there is no control at all .. half the time it looks like a free for all ..

goal keppers are the wrose iv know in football manager games ..

I shall keep my fingers cross that the new ME update will inprove buy a lot me thinks . That is waht is very much needed

I have faith

Archived