*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found this defensive glitch on Youtube. It's funny how at 0:19 4 players are all alone unmarked in the penalty box.

To be fair that vid was uploaded on the 4th and looks at both ends like the glitch were the defending team goes into defending a set-piece mode during open play and has since been fixed in an update.

• SI Staff
Both CD (defend). Team been doing all defending training too for last 2-3months

Really it's one for the bugs forum however if you want to email me the pkm file I'll make sure that particular issue is fixed next update.....

• SI Staff
Found this defensive glitch on Youtube. It's funny how at 0:19 4 players are all alone unmarked in the penalty box.

Ditto this one if anyone here posted it originally, although it does look very much like the one we fixed in ME v1312.

is amazing because when I created a new game on fm 2012, gave two stars to 3 and a half with the same database that the boto fm 2013 and 1 and half to 2 ...

The game in itself seems even faster, however the processing passage of days ta lot slower! have to have a patch! !

've been there but always close my topic: /

The neil brock told me they are testing, however still can not disclose to users, then I am in expectation of a patch. For I have already sent data from my computer, how do I create the game, and saves cmparações of fm 2012 with 2013, quand oboto timing of vacation time.

That change of gpu software to help you very little here, as well as the 2 patches which already downloaded.

Keeper carries the ball over the line, no goal given.

fkaustriawienvnewcastle.png

Would be interesting to know precisely how the code should handle this instance. In real life, we've seen Roy Carroll moments where Pedro Mendes' strike was way over the line, but it wasn't given. Is the code intelligent enough to throw in occasional refereeing errors, or should all goals be given as goals? Similarly, are duff offside and penalty decisions coded in? I can't recollect many posts about debatable refereeing decisions in any iteration of CM/FM.

've been there but always close my topic: /

The neil brock told me they are testing, however still can not disclose to users, then I am in expectation of a patch. For I have already sent data from my computer, how do I create the game, and saves cmparações of fm 2012 with 2013, quand oboto timing of vacation time.

That change of gpu software to help you very little here, as well as the 2 patches which already downloaded.

They can never predict a release date for an update, between deciding it's ready to release and actually releasing it is usually a matter of hours, that's the reason.

loving this version of fm in general but have a serious problem with morale and team talks. i'm on my third restart with arsenal as everytime i've got to around november and despite a reasonable start in my first two saves my teamtalks never seem to have a positive effect and the morale of the squad is all fairly poor - very poor. on my third save i managed to get to early december in the top two or three of the league and unbeaten with the squad morale all very good or superb, simply because i passed on the teamtalks to my assistant. however a 3-1 defeat in the last game of champions league qualification, when i'd already qualified and was playing 3 or 4 reserves sent the whole teams morale back down to very poor and i've now gone 4 games without a point. is anyone else having this problem or having any idea how i can deal with it?

Love the game in general with the exception of a few things

All the problems i have came across are due to fixtures. Firstly my team (Spurs) never have a home game one week and an away game the next. Always at least two sometimes three or four consecutive games at the lane or away. Secondly i am always drawn at home in the cups.Thirdly why are my fixtures that are after a Europa League game put back weeks sometimes months?

Anyway came across these problems?

Really frustrated. Having played from the very early CM days, I am bitterly disappointed with this release.

I'm going to join the group of people turning this off now until this game is fixed. There are some serious, fundamental flaws with the game that are making it unplayable and unenjoyable. I don't really need to reiterate what they are, as they're evident from all the complaints in this thread, but until these are sorted out I won't be playing again. The game should never have made it out of BETA testing. It was either a financial decision to get this game out earlier than it was ready, or the test team needs a reshuffle. I've found 10+ defects in just an hour or two of playing it, so either these are conceded to go in a patch release, or testing is shocking.

And I know people are going to talk about there being so many variants of scenarios that it's not possible to test all of the game, but come on; it doesn't take a senior TA to spot these errors.

Anyway, I know the team will be working hard on the fixes, that I don't doubt. I just wish I hadn't wasted 100 hours getting this far in the game to only stop because it's far from a finished product.

Look forward to the updates.

Really it's one for the bugs forum however if you want to email me the pkm file I'll make sure that particular issue is fixed next update.....
I'm sure you've seen these? It seems the same issue. In his video the striker and the marking defender collide and back off. The second defender isn't aware of that abnormality and just keeps going on his designated route. I don't play much recently, but chances are if you watch a match in full you will see at least one such situation.

That thread had also other angry people complaining of that, but I can see why they were deleted :)

There appears to be three groups of people in regards to the FM13 ME. The first group are those for whom the ME has been horrible from the beginning and continues to be. The second are those for whom the new ME was beautiful and intuitive from the get-go. The third group, of which I am a part, are those who have transitioned, after rethinking their tactics and getting the hang of the ME, from the first group to the second group. Given how beautifully my team is playing now I am kinda afraid that the new patch, rather than simply squashing the few minor bugs, may dramatically destabilize the ME in an attempt to, rightly or wrongly, appease those who continue to have problems with the current ME. I hope this doesn't end up being the case.

loving this version of fm in general but have a serious problem with morale and team talks. i'm on my third restart with arsenal as everytime i've got to around november and despite a reasonable start in my first two saves my teamtalks never seem to have a positive effect and the morale of the squad is all fairly poor - very poor. on my third save i managed to get to early december in the top two or three of the league and unbeaten with the squad morale all very good or superb, simply because i passed on the teamtalks to my assistant. however a 3-1 defeat in the last game of champions league qualification, when i'd already qualified and was playing 3 or 4 reserves sent the whole teams morale back down to very poor and i've now gone 4 games without a point. is anyone else having this problem or having any idea how i can deal with it?

When adding a manager/starting a game set your previous experience to 'international footballer' - your plays will respect you more. Also when a player performs well in a game (8.5 or higher is my rule) go onto their profile and have a private chat, and tell them they did well. It builds a relationship.

There appears to be three groups of people in regards to the FM13 ME. The first group are those for whom the ME has been horrible from the beginning and continues to be. The second are those for whom the new ME was beautiful and intuitive from the get-go. The third group, of which I am a part, are those who have transitioned, after rethinking their tactics and getting the hang of the ME, from the first group to the second group. Given how beautifully my team is playing now I am kinda afraid that the new patch, rather than simply squashing the few minor bugs, may dramatically destabilize the ME in an attempt to, rightly or wrongly, appease those who continue to have problems with the current ME. I hope this doesn't end up being the case.

Do not neglect to mention that even those from the second group are eagerly awaiting improvements to obvious flaws.

I'm in group 4, the group who thinks that it's a big improvement in many ways, and has amazing potential, but is also buggy as hell and produces many absurd and unrealistic looking events.

Do not neglect to mention that even those from the second group are eagerly awaiting improvements to obvious flaws.
I'm in group 4, the group who thinks that it's a big improvement in many ways, and has amazing potential, but is also buggy as hell and produces many absurd and unrealistic looking events.

As I noted in my post, I do believe that there are bugs, but I find them to be "minor" as opposed to "buggy as hell." It may seem a minor difference in degrees but I believe that the phrasing makes a big difference. It's the difference telling a cook "your food was better than last time but it was completely burnt" and "your food is wonderful but it could use a bit more pepper and a dash of salt."

Seeing as PaulC's about, I'd like to know if the team think there are too many goals scored inside the near post? Is this part of what's being looked at with regards to goalkeeping or is this not an issue in your opinion? I'd say in my last 15-20 games 80% of goals have been at the near post and the keeper should have done better. I don't just mean against me either, I'm talking about both sides.

Don't the visuals represent what happens in the ME though!

True, but the problem is that you dont have animations to all the situations that the ME can present to you, so the game must choose the "best" animation for each situation... and, imo, this is why sometimes we see some strange things :)

Is this a bug? Or just bad luck from the gk?

I really like if PaulC could say something about this... because i see a lot of bad goalkeeping... but i'm not sure if it is a bug from the game or not.

[video=youtube;Oihlnw0lwVg]

This is what is stopping me from buying the full version....Bugs like these are just about gamebreakers IMO.

When you request a feeder club and the board says you've been at the club long enough and offer you the option to choose the feeder club yourself, there should be a way to filter out unrealistic clubs to give the player an idea of clubs available rather than blindly choosing.

This is what is stopping me from buying the full version....Bugs like these are just about gamebreakers IMO.

Oh common... this happens to me, and i dont think it's a gamebreaker... in fact i not sure if this is a bug or not.

Of course you get really pissed of when this happens, but i imagine that any manager in the real world would feel the same if his gk did a mistake like this one. :D

Oh common... this happens to me, and i dont think it's a gamebreaker... in fact i not sure if this is a bug or not.

Of course you get really pissed of when this happens, but i imagine that any manager in the real world would feel the same if his gk did a mistake like this one. :D

I concur that it might not be a bug. At least I can say I've never seen that happen for me or my opponent yet.

I think FM (the excellent SI staff) need to be careful with the balance between tactics/reality and the fact it is actually a computer game that has always been fun and likely to steal an unhealthy number of days from you. I remember starting a game on a Sunday afternoon, looking at the clock and it was Monday evening. Now that was addictive. The chance to manage your fav/local team, sign big players or wonderkids and lead them to glory with record breaking runs may of been a bit unrealistic but it has always been a highly addictive format that works.

No doubt FM2013 is more detailed and realistic than ever but its starting to become like a flight simulator game. I never thought I would say this but its becoming too real. Looking at feedback from these pages many people don't actually want to become a full time manager on a computer and watch full games in detail looking for weak spots and constantly changing tactics accordingly. I know we all do in moderation and make the odd tweak but it seems the fun is being sucked out. Frustration is setting in.

The most realistic football game ever has become so real that its actually becoming a fulltime job. I'll start looking like Harry Redknapp soon. After a decade of playing FM my enjoyment is declining as I'm apparently expected to (according to which half you listen to on here) either wait for the Holy Grail of updates or alter my tactics elaborately before each game. Like a real manager! I'm sorry but the moment you have to do a SWOT analysis and actually scout other teams for real on a computer game is the day I start looking for something else to do on a Sunday afternoon.

I've got a funny feeling you will have to posses your full range of UEFA coaching licenses and pass a medical before you purchase FM2014.

After a decade of playing FM my enjoyment is declining as I'm apparently expected to (according to which half you listen to on here) either wait for the Holy Grail of updates or alter my tactics elaborately before each game. Like a real manager!

Tough i agree with you when you say FM is getting more real year after year, i dont think you need to alter/tweak your tactic before each match... like real life managers do.

Since i can remember i always play CM/FM the same way:

- Buy the game, spend 2 or 3 days buiding a tactic that fits my team, and that i like the style of play.... and use that tactic in all game... in all seasons!

FM13 is no different! :)

Tough i agree with you when you say FM is getting more real year after year, i dont think you need to alter/tweak your tactic before each match... like real life managers do.

Since i can remember i always play CM/FM the same way:

- Buy the game, spend 2 or 3 days buiding a tactic that fits my team, and that i like the style of play.... and use that tactic in all game... in all seasons!

FM13 is no different! :)

I think the moderators are saying this game is tougher/more realistic and as in real life, you cant use the same tactics all the time and go into games blind because the opposition alter stlyes/formations etc to beat you. You have to adapt to different teams who use different styles of play. I have the game, I've spent a week playing it. I have also listened to people on the forums. A lot of people take a world class team (Utd with RVP) and cant see why other people are getting frustrated. Whether you like or dislike FM2013 it is different. I have to disagree with you there! :)

I'm talking about my experience with FM, with FM13 and how i play the game.

I play the game like i said in the other post, and i have success playing it like this (and i dont manage world class teams and players).

But every case is different.... and every person that play the game is different... so what could work for me, perhaps dont work for others... and vice versa. :)

I think FM (the excellent SI staff) need to be careful with the balance between tactics/reality and the fact it is actually a computer game that has always been fun and likely to steal an unhealthy number of days from you. I remember starting a game on a Sunday afternoon, looking at the clock and it was Monday evening. Now that was addictive. The chance to manage your fav/local team, sign big players or wonderkids and lead them to glory with record breaking runs may of been a bit unrealistic but it has always been a highly addictive format that works.

No doubt FM2013 is more detailed and realistic than ever but its starting to become like a flight simulator game. I never thought I would say this but its becoming too real. Looking at feedback from these pages many people don't actually want to become a full time manager on a computer and watch full games in detail looking for weak spots and constantly changing tactics accordingly. I know we all do in moderation and make the odd tweak but it seems the fun is being sucked out. Frustration is setting in.

The most realistic football game ever has become so real that its actually becoming a fulltime job. I'll start looking like Harry Redknapp soon. After a decade of playing FM my enjoyment is declining as I'm apparently expected to (according to which half you listen to on here) either wait for the Holy Grail of updates or alter my tactics elaborately before each game. Like a real manager! I'm sorry but the moment you have to do a SWOT analysis and actually scout other teams for real on a computer game is the day I start looking for something else to do on a Sunday afternoon.

I've got a funny feeling you will have to posses your full range of UEFA coaching licenses and pass a medical before you purchase FM2014.

You may have noticed that I've been one of the more vocal of the people claiming the ME to be playable from my previous posts in here. I'll freely admit that it does have issues that once sorted should make a significant difference to the overall gameplay experience but I have to refute your claim that you have to dramatically alter anything from one game to the next to be successful. Quite the opposite in fact and from what I've read in this thread I think a fair few of those posting positive things about their gaming experience would agree with me that keeping things simple and not making drastic changes is the way to go on this version of the game.

I know some of the posts in here have mentioned adapting your tactics to the opposition being very important and I've also found that to be the case to an extent but as long as you have a formation and tactical set up that is logical and suits the players in your team then it's not in my experience required to make sweeping changes at any time.

For example my formation is a 4-2-3-1 and apart from injuries forcing me to change that it's been that for the six years I've been at my club. My overall strategy is to play fast, attacking, direct football and that's the way I play in every game except in the case of much bigger teams than mines in Europe. For those occasions I have 1 other back up strategy loaded in my second tactic slot which is a slow patient defensive game playing high and narrow with direct passing through the middle. I never have to change roles and duties apart from when a player gets injured and his replacement doesn't have the correct attributes for the role. I never adjust any of the individual player sliders at all, I don't really bother with opposition scout reports, get my assistant to set oi's and view my matches in commentary only on the fastest setting.

I genuinely don't intend this post to come across as me saying I'm winning all the time so the game's perfect. I do lose my fair share of games and recently got smashed 4-1 at home by Newcastle and there's no such thing as perfect bug free software. I just disagree that you need to be a tactical genius, watch every match in full and make huge changes all the time in games to be fairly successful.

By the way, can we cut down on youth regens that start with like 4-6 positions familiar? It takes away too many CA points from potentially good players.

Instead, why don't we give a passive bonus to how fast a player learns a new position while in the ages of 14-21? In order to reflect that players at this age are still highly moldable.

As I noted in my post, I do believe that there are bugs, but I find them to be "minor" as opposed to "buggy as hell." It may seem a minor difference in degrees but I believe that the phrasing makes a big difference. It's the difference telling a cook "your food was better than last time but it was completely burnt" and "your food is wonderful but it could use a bit more pepper and a dash of salt."

Well considering I just saw De Gea just allow a goal from a free kick 60 yards out, and somehow this was considered an own goal even though he didn't touch it, and afterwards the ball hang suspended in midair in the goal, I'm going to have to take issue with the idea that "a bit more pepper and a dash of salt" is all this dish needs.

Archived