*Official* Football Manager 2013 Constructive non-ME Feedback Thread

Is there any information about the upcoming patch? I really want to play but I don't want to before a match engine patch. I have been waiting since the game came out ):

When it's release, it will be announced here first hand :)

I'm hoping for next week... or with a bit of luck end of this week.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who brainwashed you to think feedback should only be good? :) Like we see in this post and countless of other posts - ppl are not jumping the fanboy wagon - when something is not good I dont just eat it!

He was alluding to the fact it wasn't helpful feedback, it was the quality of it.. not whether it was positive or not.

I still feel this is the worst FM to date, but I'm having a lot of success with Leeds (s3 and starting my first season in the CL). Despite the success, I still don't even watch the ME because I'll just get upset at the poorest ME I have seen in a long time. The game stats usually fall into median averages, but watching the actual ME looks like it was thrown together by a company who knows nothing about the sport their game is supposed to represent. I hope they actually spend time on this next ME update and maybe watch some real football to get an idea what pressing and closing down is supposed to look like.

Pretty much where I am at.

Having success despite my team not doing what I am telling them to do.

-My keeper just refusing to pass short,almost every time he hits it long,on the very rare occasion that he plays it short the defender gives him it back and then he hits it long.

-My defence not pressing and it seems not tackling.

-I have my team set to rarely shoot from distance as I was sick of so many long shots,did not do a thing as every game I cringe as yet another long shot is taken,I would say easily over half the chances are from 25+ yards out.

-Tried everything to try and stop watching my team pass it either square or backwards just about everytime they come close to the box,just about every sequence it is them taking 20 odd passes on the edge of the box before the long shot comes flying in.

-Gets a bit tiresome reading "he never meant that",even when it is for my team.

-My throat is a bit sore from screaming " it's right their,just kick the damned thing".

-My keeper just refusing to pass short,almost every time he hits it long,on the very rare occasion that he plays it short the defender gives him it back and then he hits it long.

-I have my team set to rarely shoot from distance as I was sick of so many long shots,did not do a thing as every game I cringe as yet another long shot is taken,I would say easily over half the chances are from 25+ yards out.

-Tried everything to try and stop watching my team pass it either square or backwards just about everytime they come close to the box,just about every sequence it is them taking 20 odd passes on the edge of the box before the long shot comes flying in.

-My throat is a bit sore from screaming " it's right their,just kick the damned thing".

Same here, the "he never meant that" goals from crosses and disallowed goals for pushing the keeper are probably my 2 biggest gripes behind the lack of closing down and pressing by the defense. I've read a lot of people complaining about the amount of long shots and amount of shots in general, I haven't encountered that myself although I've only ever played with 1 up front as a DLF. My midfielders long shots seem to be reasonable, they mostly try to move the ball between them tika-taka style until someone on the wing picks it up for a cross.

Since the last update I have seen less of players running along the byline and scoring from low percentage angled shots, which was a big problem before that.

The defense not pressing is the biggest ME issue for me currently, the thing is though that the tackles and interceptions stats are reasonably inline but watching the ME it would indicate the opposite, as I rarely see tackles, and rarely see interceptions other than headers, interceptions on the ground are mostly a defender running full speed through a passing lane and the pass hits them and bounces off which is incredibly awkward looking to watch.

The defensive issues in the ME are compounded by the fact defenders show attackers into dangerous space, giving up space on the edges of the box and turning their backs to crosses.

I finally got some time to play and I wish I didn't. The opposition had a single fast striker and he scored 4 times, because my defenders initially step backwards, then sideways, and eventually, when he has 5 meters headstart, they start to run properly.

I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I'm too furious to do bug reports.

i'm having many of those problems, but i'm conviced its related with issues in my tactic that, so far, i haven't solve.

It's true that the keeper many times ignore the instructions, but i think it's because he feels is not save to give a short pass. And this is because of the tactics. The prove is... when he gives the short pass, the defender have no option but to pass him back... and then he kicks it long. Perhaps you must make your players to come a little bit lower to have more passing options.

I'm having the same problem, conceding many goals by through balls that my d-line cope, because the lack of closing down. wwfan said to me that the main reason is not in my D-line but in my midfield that give so many space to the opponent to make the passes to the fowards. It's true... but so far i still couldn't find a solution.

Bare in mind, that there is a issue related with closing down, and i think it will be fixed in the next patch. I think i read something about it.

Again a tactic problem. If your player dont have a pass option then, sooner or later, he will go for the long shot. Try to reduce the amount of player with RFD. I reduce in my tactic at it worked. Before i often have 4 players parked upfront, and the midfield with no option to pass. It's important to have the front man to come back, giving a passing line.

I think this one is related with the above. :)

As i said before. I have the exact same problems, but i'm trully convinced that the problem is within my tactic. Believe me, the time spend blaming the ME... is much better spend tryng to tweak the tactic. :)

Trust me I have spent hours upon hours trying to change these things with changes to my tactics,it just wont change in match though.

I did read that the passing around the box will be changed in the update so that is good.

The long shots there is always a player on for a pass,it almost seems like the player is annoyed as there has already been some 20 passes and just felt like giving it a blast :p

As for the keeper,there are many many times were both my fullbacks are in plenty of space but the keeper still launches it,I think that is why it frustrates me so much,if I did see the fullback had an opposing player near him then I would be quite happy with him hitting long as it would be the sensible thing for him to do.

As i said before. I have the exact same problems, but i'm trully convinced that the problem is within my tactic. Believe me, the time spend blaming the ME... is much better spend tryng to tweak the tactic. :)

The issue is really just that there are only two players involved in active play at any given time. The others just stand there watching, hence once the initial forward run has stopped because of the offside rule, there is no more movement up front and the midfielders can only pass between themselves. That, of course, they could do in 90 minutes undisturbed because the single opponent actively involved in trying to get the ball (at a time) can only very rarely actually tackle and win possession of the ball. Mostly he bounces off your player's back for a while before the ball is kicked to one of the other midfielders or back to your defensive line... and repeat, or shoot.

As long as this is the case no amount of tactical tweaking will ever fix any of the recurrent issues with the FM13 ME. If all 22 players (and officials) are not aware of where the ball is and react and proact accordingly, then they might as well go back to the FM12 ME.

The issue is really just that there are only two players involved in active play at any given time. The others just stand there watching, hence once the initial forward run has stopped because of the offside rule, there is no more movement up front and the midfielders can only pass between themselves. That, of course, they could do in 90 minutes undisturbed because the single opponent actively involved in trying to get the ball (at a time) can only very rarely actually tackle and win possession of the ball. Mostly he bounces off your player's back for a while before the ball is kicked to one of the other midfielders or back to your defensive line... and repeat, or shoot.

As long as this is the case no amount of tactical tweaking will ever fix any of the recurrent issues with the FM13 ME. If all 22 players (and officials) are not aware of where the ball is and react and proact accordingly, then they might as well go back to the FM12 ME.

I'd be all for going back to FM12 ME. Every year the game releases with a poor ME until about February it's once again enjoyable. Why they rip the guts out and try to reinvent the wheel every year is beyond me. I appreciate new animations, but I value a ME that depicts realistic build up and play much higher.

First and foremost, I'm a fan of the game, and I have to say, I'm loving my first career game with Leeds.

Sure I've seen a few instances of the issues with the ME (goals from tight angles etc) but on the whole, I'm finding it a much more robust, intuitive ME.

As an example, first few games of the first season, I was getting 1-0 wins and draws and a loss or two, but always only a goal at most.

So I knew I was strong at the back, my problem was upfront. Took another look at the games gone by and noticed that my AMC was constantly getting isolated between the midfield and my striker, he just wasn't getting any joy. And as a result, my striker wasn't getting much service either.

Simple swapped to two upfront and very minor tweaks to balance the side and first game after ... 5-1 to us with beautiful flowing football.. no more congestion when getting to the box resulting in short passing around the box before a limp 30 yard pot shot, no more striker woes..

I never saw the issues in fm12 I was having as clearly as I am now with '13

Happy as Larry.

I thought i'd chuck my four-penneth in and say that I think that FM2013 is the best incarnation of the game since CM01/02. I've played EVERY single CM&FM game and i can honestly say that i'm enjoying FM2013 loads. Yes, there's 1 or 2 bugs with the ME and certain scorelines / match stats are somewhat unrealistic but we've got to remember IT'S A GAME!

if i listened to every supposed "game-breaker" bug then i dont think i'd play any games at all. Even the console/PC classics had glitches in. It's inevitable.

Also we've got to remember that SI haven't released any major fixes yet for FM2013 and certain member are already throwing their toys out of the pram. Passionate, dedicated you may call it. I just call it impatient.

10/10 SI for FM2013.

SJL

A FM Fan for life.

100% this.

I hope the new update is out soon. Many people are not happy at all. I personally feel this is the most frustrating game since SW: the force unleashed. So I'd rather take a partial update now with the fixes and tweaks they have done so far and then get another update in a few weeks.

It might just be the vocal minority screaming on the forums, but the feedback I've read has been mostly negative. The game has such huge potential, thats why we are so passionate about it.

Also, before I post in the bugs forum, have any of you other fine people here had corrupted savegames? My Arsenal save file was suddenly corrupt when I tried to load it now, progress bar goes 1/3 then back to start menu. Tried to load it 5 times, same result every time. (Yeah I know, my fault for not using rolling saves, but never had that problem in previous versions of the game)

If any SI staff see this, would supplying you with the save file do you any good or should I just delete it and move on?

Apologies if this has been posted before (and I'm loving the game):

Small gripe - nearly every player in the match engine seems to favour their weeker foot. Countless times I've seen right full backs smashing in crosses with their left foot and strikers trying their best to sneak their ball on their weaker foot. It's a small thing but can become a bit frustrating

Why not just read my opening sentence? I know it's been commented on elsewhere but I am bringing it here as I know this is the main arena for general feedback and I want to add my own.

Its also not just limited to wonderkids (as this thread is) but any young and capable player. Which is why I didn't search wonderkids and didn't find that thread.

I just cannot even fathom how anyone can play FM13, view the ME, and come here and say they are perfectly happy with the state of the game. This goes beyond fanboism, I'm assuming everyone actually watches real games, I'm lost for words when I read things like this, I can only assume it's Clattenburg with a handful of forum accounts.

Go to the ME bugs section, view some of the videos posted up and if you aren't seeing these things in your game then double check and make sure you aren't playing FM12 still. We aren't moaning for the sake of moaning, we're moaning because it should have been in better shape than this from launch. I believe it's an update or 2 away from being a very good game, I am disappointed by the lack of new features, but the ME is the most important aspect of this game.

i'm having many of those problems, but i'm conviced its related with issues in my tactic that, so far, i haven't solve.

I don't think it's our tactics. If you keep tweaking it with the current ME you might start winning games, but you won't be playing nice,realistic football. I think that's impossible to do with the current ME. You might beat the AI, exploit the bugs, but thats not the point of this game (for me at least :). I really hope the upcoming patch will solve many of our problems, I really want to start playing FM13.

First and foremost, I'm a fan of the game, and I have to say, I'm loving my first career game with Leeds.

Sure I've seen a few instances of the issues with the ME (goals from tight angles etc) but on the whole, I'm finding it a much more robust, intuitive ME.

As an example, first few games of the first season, I was getting 1-0 wins and draws and a loss or two, but always only a goal at most.

So I knew I was strong at the back, my problem was upfront. Took another look at the games gone by and noticed that my AMC was constantly getting isolated between the midfield and my striker, he just wasn't getting any joy. And as a result, my striker wasn't getting much service either.

Simple swapped to two upfront and very minor tweaks to balance the side and first game after ... 5-1 to us with beautiful flowing football.. no more congestion when getting to the box resulting in short passing around the box before a limp 30 yard pot shot, no more striker woes..

I never saw the issues in fm12 I was having as clearly as I am now with '13

Happy as Larry.

Seconded

Still think there is plenty of scope for improvement in the ME, and with things like the DOF, but really enjoying it, more than FM12.

I just cannot even fathom how anyone can play FM13, view the ME, and come here and say they are perfectly happy with the state of the game. This goes beyond fanboism, I'm assuming everyone actually watches real games, I'm lost for words when I read things like this, I can only assume it's Clattenburg with a handful of forum accounts.

Go to the ME bugs section, view some of the videos posted up and if you aren't seeing these things in your game then double check and make sure you aren't playing FM12 still. We aren't moaning for the sake of moaning, we're moaning because it should have been in better shape than this from launch. I believe it's an update or 2 away from being a very good game, I am disappointed by the lack of new features, but the ME is the most important aspect of this game.

I play my matches in commentary only, so no I'm not seeing the strange things in the 3d engine that others are, nor do I deny they are happening but as my screenshot further up the page quite obviously and conclusively proves, the issues with the ME are not having much of an effect on my results, I'm very much enjoying my current save and I find your 'fanboi' remark both infantile and offensive.

I could tell you why but we are now allowed to discuss it on the forums as censorship has reached new levels. Lets just say some people do more than the moderate tag by them on the forums, but as I say I cant say much without been banned.

I could tell you why but we are now allowed to discuss it on the forums as censorship has reached new levels. Lets just say some people do more than the moderate tag by them on the forums, but as I say I cant say much without been banned.

I do find this site a great place to find info regards the game but it's a horrible site to post upon, forever awaiting a cussing for posting in the wrong place or "that questions already been asked" etc

I play my matches in commentary only, so no I'm not seeing the strange things in the 3d engine that others are, nor do I deny they are happening but as my screenshot further up the page quite obviously and conclusively proves, the issues with the ME are not having much of an effect on my results, I'm very much enjoying my current save and I find your 'fanboi' remark both infantile and offensive.

If you play on commentary only then you obviously will not see the bugs. As I said earlier, currently I am forced to watch commentary only just so I'm not forced to watch the ME's poor interpretation of the stats. That's not something I wish to do long term, nor watch 2d, and you would be in the vast minority in that regard. I don't feel the need to apologize since I didn't direct the fanboism remark, nor call anyone a fanboi/y, the fact you find it infantile and offensive reflects on your own feelings on the matter that you've projected unto yourself.

I have not run across a single bug yet that when I searched for hasn't been already posted, usually with an accompanying pkm, so I will say the community that isn't turning a blind eye to the flaws of FM13 are doing a splendid job of bringing them to the attention of SI to update.

It's been discussed to death with plenty of pro and anti posts so stop talking twaddle about censorship, we ask that people try to post in the correct places to ensure the people who need to see proper feedback actually get to see it (SI staff have very limited time to spend on the forums)

We also ask that people read and abide by the forum house rules and we will be quite strict on those who repeatedly fail to do so.

With all that in mind I suggest people get back on track and criticise the game rather than each other.

If you play on commentary only then you obviously will not see the bugs. As I said earlier, currently I am forced to watch commentary only just so I'm not forced to watch the ME's poor interpretation of the stats. That's not something I wish to do long term, nor watch 2d, and you would be in the vast minority in that regard. I don't feel the need to apologize since I didn't direct the fanboism remark, nor call anyone a fanboi/y, the fact you find it infantile and offensive reflects on your own feelings on the matter that you've projected unto yourself.

I have not run across a single bug yet that when I searched for hasn't been already posted, usually with an accompanying pkm, so I will say the community that isn't turning a blind eye to the flaws of FM13 are doing a splendid job of bringing them to the attention of SI to update.

I won't get into a protracted debate over this that will only seve to further derail the point of the thread but if you're implying that watching my matches in commentary only is an attempt to turn a blind eye to ME flaws you're mistaken. I watch my matches this way because I have a low spec graphics card that struggles to display the ME 3d representation.

I just cannot even fathom how anyone can play FM13, view the ME, and come here and say they are perfectly happy with the state of the game. This goes beyond fanboism,

The above quote is quite clearly a specific and directed insult to anyone and everyone who dares to admit on these forums to be playing the game without having the current ME issues cause them to have unusual results of their matches.

To claim I shouldn't be offended because the insult wasn't directly aimed at me is ludicrous, if a neighbour or relative of mine is assaulted physically or verbally does that mean I have no right to be offended or angered at the assault because I wasn't directly the victim of it?

Is there a bug with manager awards for the months and the year. I have just managed to win the Triple with Liverpool which involved going undefeated in the League until 8th of March and i did not get one manager of the month award and did not make the top 3 of Manager of the year.

Didn't get a award the season before either .

Is there a bug with manager awards for the months and the year. I have just managed to win the Triple with Liverpool which involved going undefeated in the League until 8th of March and i did not get one manager of the month award and did not make the top 3 of Manager of the year.

Didn't get a award the season before either .

Did you holiday during any of it? You won't get credit for the wins if you did.

English is not my mother language, but THIS is excactly what ive been talking about in all my posts which gets closed which makes me frustrated/angry and get more posts closed - please listen to this guy SI - same goes with marking, positioning etc - like ive said countless times after watching 3 pre-season full matches I spotted this tracking issues which Ive seen in other football games - and it DOES make very very weird results making the game unplayable for me and by looking at the forum im not alone... High priority fix imo.

I love you - truth is strong in this one! Good luck m8

I agree about the 2 players reacting, however PaulC told me in an answer to a direct question that more than 2 players could respond. Now we just need some proof.

In other news, a few days ago I replied to someone saying that they had never seen a direct FK goal that Liam Craig had scored a few for me, but I was confused about the fact that they had all been going into the centre of the goal directly above the keeper.

Well he just slammed one into the top corner, case closed!

Is it just me or are there an unusual amount of dissallowed goals in this game aswell ? Im sure the most ive had in one game was 4 !!!

A lot of people are saying so but a pedant would say a disallowed goal is one that should have been allowed and all those others are not disallowed goals but just cases of the ball being put into the net after an infringement.:D

A lot of people are saying so but a pedant would say a disallowed goal is one that should have been allowed and all those others are not disallowed goals but just cases of the ball being put into the net after an infringement.:D

Hehe good one Kriss :) I don't know if there is a "problem" with disallowed goals, but there is a high amount of goals disallowed, especially in the third season in the game i'm playing. I'm in the fourth season now, and the amount og goals being disallowed is not quite as high, almost none, but I don't have an educated guess to why this is.

Today i saw that Felipe Melo takes a long shot and the goalkeeper of Kayserispor jumped and cleared the ball with his foot. Strange. I don't feel weird for missing CM 01-02, FM2005, FM2008 but if i still could not create a new game since the 2nd november, there must be some things wrong. I'm a lover and i'm not playing.

In Turkey, we give for the game exactly 80 Turkish Liras. I'm very disappointed. Every day i check here for a new patch but the bugs are soo serious, im not sure that one patch could fix the majority of bugs.

I play FM13, watch all matches on comprehensive in 3D, and I am perfectly happy with the ME. Speak for yourself. We can reasonably disagree as to how happy we are with the ME but please do not resort to insulting those who disagree with you (which is, in effect, what the second part of your 1st paragraph does).

Apologies if this has been posted before (and I'm loving the game):

Small gripe - nearly every player in the match engine seems to favour their weeker foot. Countless times I've seen right full backs smashing in crosses with their left foot and strikers trying their best to sneak their ball on their weaker foot. It's a small thing but can become a bit frustrating

Yeah I've noticed that players favour their 'weaker' foot.

Thank you SI for rejuvenating the series with FM13. As a customer from the very beginning, the Amiga days, I felt at FM10 I had reached a bit of a plateau, struggling to adapt to the 3D aspect introduced a year earlier. It's still a big change even now for those who grew up pretending to be sick, to get a day off school to play the game through written commentary and flashing bars!

But with the promise of further evolvement I decided to download the FM13 demo and days later with pleasure I made a full purchase. You have done another exceptional job and I am very grateful for the teams hard word, enthusiasm and determination. Furthermore the greatest credit should be given for your dedication and passion to work tirelessly with your public, freely communicating and making tweaks and adjustments until February probably.

Some people on here don't realise what they've got. You know, if you're focused upon imperfections within the game, no doubt you will find some and have a much less enjoyable experience. But if you can appreciate the advancements, laugh and enjoy the PLAYING you will get so much more from it. By the way I'm s**t so far, I'm blunt up top and crap at the back, but hey that's football.

Thanks SI.

Great post and I fully agree. I have never enjoyed a game that I have been doing so poorly at lol 5 friendly defeats and a second round capital one cup exit at the mo lol

Anyone having the issue of quality playmakers with high pass/creativity/teamwork stats who do not send throughballs to strikers who are onside an in great position and instead taking ridiculous shots from 30 yards? This happens all time to me. Also the ammount of shots taken by defensive players is extremely bothering but not as much as watching your playmaker in acres of space and with an unmarked forward rather shooting from halfline. Please, SI, increase the ammount of risky/high reward passes! I hope you will do something with this issue as well, SI. By the way, I have to say that more I play, the more dissapointed Iam with the ME. Fingers crossed the update will we a MASSIVE improvement.

I always get amazed when magazines and ppl can gief such a good score for a game that fast. Fm2013 has many very good things for sure but negative feedback seems to not be liked atm.

Ill make a post when I get home from work voicing excactly why its not good with pkms,in depth desciption form many hours/seasons and other ppls experience in the matter. Stuff which no magazine and apparently SI dont see as issues and even some users on these forums...

Here is some teasers for a start.

a: Great potential in the ME with cool new animations for heading and dribbling and tactics matter more than ever - 1 tactic wonder times hopefully is over but still big bugs which has an impact on results; I could upload hundreds of examples like tons of ppl alrdy have done. With fixes I think it would be an epic ME but now its unplayable for many...

b: Big problems many ppl have in future seasons with the financial part of the game. Source: http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/329344-Tax-rising...alarming-rate

Tax last three seasons;

2016/2017 - £24m

2017/2018 - £132,5m

2018/2019 - £189,5m

Exactly the same squad the last two seasons, except some minor player releases. Nothing bought. A couple of first teamers got a new contract.

It's almost like i'm paying tax for every player i've ever had in my squad(and their new contract-bumps with other clubs).

As an accountant friend of mine said thats a huge problem. Dont you think so?

Thats only some of it atm - all in all I think alot has been made for the better this year, but I cant play the game atm with this knowledge.

Fm2013 has many very good things for sure but negative feedback seems to not be liked atm.

By some individuals, this and other threads are littered with uncensored and undeleted posts criticising just about every aspect of the game so let's not imply censorship which doesn't exist.

By some individuals, this and other threads are littered with uncensored and undeleted posts criticising just about every aspect of the game so let's not imply censorship which doesn't exist.

I know that im not 12 years old m8 - still you point out that 1 thing from my entire post making me look like a troublemaker - please read my post. ITs a feedback thread and That is feedback - how can you gief a game score 9/10 when you cant possible get to the seasons where the worst bugs happen. Like the financial problems occuring? It has a HUGE impact on the game later on believe me...

I know that im not 12 years old m8 - still you point out that 1 thing from my entire post making me look like a troublemaker - please read my post. ITs a feedback thread and That is feedback - how can you gief a game score 9/10 when you cant possible get to the seasons where the worst bugs happen. Like the financial problems occuring? It has a HUGE impact on the game later on believe me...

I might even agree with the rest of it :D but the inference was there and the facts are as I stated.

Archived