What's that? A new Wishlist Thread? What you would like to see in future FM versions.

It was nice to see Fran Kirby in #wearethemanagers - when's she going to be in FM?? I get that adding women's leagues is a lot of additional work, but think of the additional potential pool of purchasers of the game! Given the current saturation of FM surely SI is looking for any way to expand the player base.

Besides commercial concerns, I think managing women's football could be a new and interesting challenge.

I'm not sure I agree with that to be honest. You say it would introduce a new pool of purchasers, but it's not as if female fans of football would only buy the game because female players were in it. I'd be very surprised if a female football fan was only interested in female football.

surely this is as easy as adding leagues, and using the "is female" boolean like with staff?

No, it wouldn't be. They'd have to exist in a completely separate world, using a completely different database, to stop one world bleeding into the other. Then there's the testing. It's far from an "easy" add.

While I'm in no way against adding it in FM, there just isn't the interest to justify the extra work. EA, with their virtually limitless budget, only bothered to put in a few national teams, and even that received threats from the unbalanced in their community. For SI's relatively smaller budget, there just isn't the benefit there for them.

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better interaction between club and international managers. For example, as England manager I started to play Sterling as my striker because my other options were poor and he flourished. It would be nice if I could then suggest to his club manager that he plays there, as in the real world there is much more that an international manager can say to a club manager. General expansion of international management to make it something more than picking a team 5 times a season.

GK match ratings changed so that it's possible for a GK to win the Ballon d'Or and it's not just a surprise to see one nominated once in a blue moon.

But irl it's a once in a blue moon event & the only time a keeper has won the award is linked with suggestions that the award was politically motivated.

Re: Female players..... I'm almost positive that they used to be in the game when you chose to not play with real players.

It was an option where you chose either male or female. Did I imagine that?

Was probably a newgen naming bug.

I'm not sure I agree with that to be honest. You say it would introduce a new pool of purchasers, but it's not as if female fans of football would only buy the game because female players were in it. I'd be very surprised if a female football fan was only interested in female football.

True, but surely their interest is more likely to be piqued if their sporting hero(in)es are in the game. And once their interest is piqued, they're more likely to consider buying.

No, it wouldn't be. They'd have to exist in a completely separate world, using a completely different database, to stop one world bleeding into the other. Then there's the testing. It's far from an "easy" add.

While I'm in no way against adding it in FM, there just isn't the interest to justify the extra work. EA, with their virtually limitless budget, only bothered to put in a few national teams, and even that received threats from the unbalanced in their community. For SI's relatively smaller budget, there just isn't the benefit there for them.

I don't know... the league would just need to check the players "gender" variable. Doesn't have to be terribly complicated. For me, the most difficult bit would be the additional research required to get the stats right

hi everyone,

I enjoy taking charge of clubs which did not so well in the last seen and needs a fresh start. But most of them has newly appointed mangers and when I start a game with one of these clubs they automatically fire their newly appointed managers without even playing one match. Instead of that, can we start the game as if that appointment never took place? For example, when you start your game with R.Madrid, you will be the chosen one instead of Benitez. Madrid job will not be shown on Benitez's history. Would that be a good idea?

I am so sick of injuries in training which takes players away from the pitch for months. It's ok when it happens in match but breaking legs, dislocating shoulders and other serious injuries in training is annoying.

It happens. Earlier this month, Danny Ings injured his ACL in training. Last year, Libor Kozak broke his leg in training.

You think serious training-ground injuries are annoying. I think they are realistic, and that if you keep getting them in FM, you should seriously reconsider the intensity of your training regime - especially in pre-season.

I think it about time where they bring out a football manager game where you get to be a manager for so long and then get given the option to become a chairmen. or it time they brought out a football game where you can just be the chairmen

There is a football game where you can just be the chairman. It's called Football Chairman. It's a mobile game (not for PC/Mac), and it's not by SI, but it's still very good. :thup:

It happens. Earlier this month, Danny Ings injured his ACL in training. Last year, Libor Kozak broke his leg in training.

You think serious training-ground injuries are annoying. I think they are realistic, and that if you keep getting them in FM, you should seriously reconsider the intensity of your training regime - especially in pre-season.

Of course it happens, but be realistic, it happens too often in FM15. More often and more serious than in match, at least for me. And my training is always balanced and avarage. Riviere broken pelvis in training (4 months), Sissoko back strain in the gym (4 weeks) ... 80-90% of injuries of the pitch, not realistic at all

Of course it happens, but be realistic, it happens too often in FM15. More often and more serious than in match, at least for me. And my training is always balanced and avarage. Riviere broken pelvis in training (4 months), Sissoko back strain in the gym (4 weeks) ... 80-90% of injuries of the pitch, not realistic at all

Sorry but your opinion is wrong.

The general consensus is that the overall level of injuries is similar to real life but there should be more in training and less in matches to be more accurate.

I'd actually expect there to be more serious injuries in training

In a match, you're more likely to get a strain or bruising, which could leave you out for a couple of days (particularly as you could pick it up early and then have 90 more minutes of it)

In training, you're likely to be taken straight off after a niggle (no more training), but the frequency of major injuries will still be the same as they are in match, except there's no 'stubbed toe' to offset it

I'd like the hall of fame to move across as part of the steam cloud save.

Just had to move my save to a different laptop and all of a sudden I only have 1 minor trophy win in the hall of fame despite 10 years of at least one trophy per season

I'd actually expect there to be more serious injuries in training

In a match, you're more likely to get a strain or bruising, which could leave you out for a couple of days (particularly as you could pick it up early and then have 90 more minutes of it)

In training, you're likely to be taken straight off after a niggle (no more training), but the frequency of major injuries will still be the same as they are in match, except there's no 'calf bruising' to offset it

Something I'd like to add on the topic: it'd be nice to have players who accept to play for months in spite of phisical problems, but can't perform at their best, kind of like de Vrij did with Lazio and the Dutch national team. On FM it's too black and white, the player is either injured or not, the only exception is that orange icon which appears for a few days before full recovery: a very short time, in my opinion.

I'd like the hall of fame to move across as part of the steam cloud save.

Just had to move my save to a different laptop and all of a sudden I only have 1 minor trophy win in the hall of fame despite 10 years of at least one trophy per season

I'll link you to this

it's more to do with resetting the hall of fame, but I guess you could copy it across for similar results (copy it to the new laptop)

edit: you probably would miss your new shiny trophy being counted, but it'd keep all other data

I'll link you to this

it's more to do with resetting the hall of fame, but I guess you could copy it across for similar results (copy it to the new laptop)

edit: you probably would miss your new shiny trophy being counted, but it'd keep all other data

Ah, thanks for that :thup: I can live without 1 Club World Championship I guess.

Still, would be nice if it did it automatically

Something I'd like to add on the topic: it'd be nice to have players who accept to play for months in spite of phisical problems, but can't perform at their best, kind of like de Vrij did with Lazio and the Dutch national team. On FM it's too black and white, the player is either injured or not, the only exception is that orange icon which appears for a few days before full recovery: a very short time, in my opinion.

Is that not the same as when a player is showing 80% condition when everyone else is up around 96+%, he took a knock in the last game and hasn't fully recovered from it, hence his lower condition.

Is that not the same as when a player is showing 80% condition when everyone else is up around 96+%, he took a knock in the last game and hasn't fully recovered from it, hence his lower condition.

Not quite. I have discussed how I want the injury system to work before, and the lingering injuries is something I have wanted. It could be for example (player A needs an operation in his knee. This will keep him out of play for two months. At the moment he can play, but his fitness will never get above 90, or something). I would also like more injury setbacks where you are told a player is fully fit, but in reality he is not, and playing too much to fast makes him injured again (like Rossi or Hargreaves). And injuries where you are told the player will be back in weeks, but in reality it might take months (and sometimes the opposite as well). Or permanent injuries that you can do nothing about, and just stops the player from ever getting fully fit (like Ledley King or Jeremy Mathieu or whoever you want)

I think it will be good if you can create a clause in which you agree a fee with a club for a player as part of another transfer. For example , I'm managing Chelsea and I sell Oscar to Inter but part of that deal is that I can buy Icardi at any time , or within a time frame like 3 years , for X amount. This seems to be used quite a fair bit by the bigger clubs IRL.

I think it will be good if you can create a clause in which you agree a fee with a club for a player as part of another transfer. For example , I'm managing Chelsea and I sell Oscar to Inter but part of that deal is that I can buy Icardi at any time , or within a time frame like 3 years , for X amount. This seems to be used quite a fair bit by the bigger clubs IRL.
Do you have any examples of this happening irl? If it is commonplace & can be proven it increases the chances of becoming part of the game.

Do you have any examples of this happening irl? If it is commonplace & can be proven it increases the chances of becoming part of the game.

Juventus used it this season when selling Tevez. As part of the transfer they agreed fees for Guido Nahuel Vadala , Rodrigo Bentancur Colman, Franco Sebastian Cristaldo and Adrian Andres. They all have to be bought by a set date.

Did anyone else noticed this silly thing. Every time when media ask you in tunnel interview about your goalkeeper not conceding for some time, it's the way for AI to inform you that you will concede for sure now. Whatever you do in the match, you will concede 101%. Never failed

Did anyone else noticed this silly thing. Every time when media ask you in tunnel interview about your goalkeeper not conceding for some time, it's the way for AI to inform you that you will concede for sure now. Whatever you do in the match, you will concede 101%. Never failed

That's nonsense and also not something that belongs in the wishlist. Very selective memory at best.

One thing (strictly speaking it's two...) I'd love for FM to emulate from the real life is... 'tendencies' or 'player experience'? I'm not really sure how to put it.

Right now there are player prefered moves. What I'd love is for players to have a much deeper personality on the pitch. More (waaaay more) PPMs, even almost but not quite cosmetic ones. Assuming player attributes are strictly about how competent a player is in a given skill, then players with 10 in all attributes will be the same. But with different 'tendencies', these would then slightly tweak how that skill is used. What he likes or does not like to do. Potential for synergy with proper tactics (or interesting problems with conflicting ones).

And even go a step further and incorporate that into the player's development. Been played as a quick winger in an attacking tactic all his youth career? Well, he'll get a set of traits which dictate he is used to that. His natural game will be hugging the line, running up and down, whipping a cross - not playing a more relaxed, lower tempo, narrower, passing game. Right now if he has the numbers, he'll be equally good. Even if he has never played 'like that' before.

I'd love if this sort of 'roleplaying' element, these 'tendencies' were present on the competition/club/management level as well. Things like a much more pronounced domestic player bias, a 'feeder' league, things like that. Like, right now the, I don't know, Polish or Czech leagues are what, 95 percent domestic? But in the game a couple of years down the road they get filled with foreigners disproportionately. At the same time, Czech players don't really leave for the Premier League anymore. BuLi, if they are good enough. Or managerial preferences - these could again tie in with the player 'experience', maybe someone likes salt of the earth proper English hard men, someone prefers southern technique, you get the idea...

That's nonsense and also not something that belongs in the wishlist. Very selective memory at best.

That's my experience. I always concede when they ask that question. And they ask usually after 5-10 games without conceding.

One more question, does AI use all player roles or just basic ones ?

That's my experience. I always concede when they ask that question. And they ask usually after 5-10 games without conceding.

One more question, does AI use all player roles or just basic ones ?

AI managers have preferred player roles assigned to them in the database, which may or may not include the less-basic ones. There's no restriction in place.

Have an option when picking the clothes of your manager to set it to "Main colour of team home strip" or something similar.

Obviously incredibly minor trivial feature, and would only work with the big jackets rather than the suit, but just something that crossed my mind there when setting up my person.

I don't want to make him wear red and then take over at e.g. Man City

• Administrators
The Mods stop deleting constructive feedback on relevant topics on new Topics!!

Asking other people's opinions on transfers is not constructive feedback. Nor is saying "the cracks are beginning to show".

Getting ultra picky now, but after the welcome addition in FM15 of the ability to pick starting languages at manager creation, is it perhaps time to remove some of the default languages that were put in to counter the absence of the ability to pick?

I put my proper second nationality of American but I cannot speak Spanish, like millions upon millions of other Americans.

I'd really appreciate an option in-game to adjust kit selections. As someone who's partially colour-blind there are often kits that clash for me when they wouldn't for others, it'd be great if I could just tell the game to use the away kit instead.

I think player preferred moves (PPM) needs to be changed. A lot of player moves are actually tactical instructions (runs with ball often, shoots from distance, gets forward when possible, and some more). I am the manager, so I want to decide the tactics. This game is about giving players the right tactical instructions given the circumstances, so give me control! :)

Moreover, it's impossible to know if players have preferred moves in real life since we don't know what managers say to their players.

I think player preferred moves (PPM) needs to be changed. A lot of player moves are actually tactical instructions (runs with ball often' date=' shoots from distance, gets forward when possible, and some more). I am the manager, so I want to decide the tactics. This game is about giving players the right tactical instructions given the circumstances, so give me control! :)

Moreover, it's impossible to know if players have preferred moves in real life since we don't know what managers say to their players.[/quote']

I think you've misunderstood PPM - Preferred moves are specifically there to override manager instructions, especially in less professional players.

If you IRL told Arjen Robben that on no account was he ever to dribble with the ball, and if he does dribble he must always stick to touchline and cross from byline, and absolutely not ever cut into the box to shoot, would he do it?? No of course he wouldn't, he would still driblle and cut in. This is why it is in his preferred moves and not solely controlled by manager instructions

I think player preferred moves (PPM) needs to be changed. A lot of player moves are actually tactical instructions (runs with ball often' date=' shoots from distance, gets forward when possible, and some more). I am the manager, so I want to decide the tactics. This game is about giving players the right tactical instructions given the circumstances, so give me control! :)

Moreover, it's impossible to know if players have preferred moves in real life since we don't know what managers say to their players.[/quote']

Assigning ppms can be a bit tricky sometimes, I agree. The line between personal tendencies and tactical instruction is often hard to see. But they're an important part of making those little digital men behave like their real-life counterparts.

I love the new leagues in focus thing. Really great addition.

To take it one step further, if you're managing a top flight team, during international breaks it should automatically change to show the latest qualifying standings for your confederation (plus others if space)...then during the world cup/euros/copa America etc. it could then show those groups/knockout fixtures (maybe it already does this part, I've not gotten as far as the summer yet)

I think you've misunderstood PPM - Preferred moves are specifically there to override manager instructions, especially in less professional players.

If you IRL told Arjen Robben that on no account was he ever to dribble with the ball, and if he does dribble he must always stick to touchline and cross from byline, and absolutely not ever cut into the box to shoot, would he do it?? No of course he wouldn't, he would still driblle and cut in. This is why it is in his preferred moves and not solely controlled by manager instructions

I understand PPM's, but I disagree with the way it is translated in FM. Let's take your example. Robben has played on the left wing before, would he cut inside there? Probably not as often. Or if Bayern Munich would try to keep possession late in a game, Guardiola could tell Robben to cut down on his dribbling. It's unrealistic to think that Robben would disobey, just because he has a certain preference.

Like swansongs said below: you want player to behave more realistic, but I'd argue that it is far from realistic to think that a player will perform a certain action, regardless of instructions and circumstances.

Also if Robben is 36 years and has lost his acceleration and agility, he would still have the ppm runs "with ball often". You would have him to dislearn it, but in real life, Robben would probably know that he can't dribble past fast defenders and will try to cross or pass.

I don't think that all PPM's should be removed, but a lot of them overlap with tactical instructions, in an unrealistic (and for me annoying) way.

I understand PPM's' date=' but I disagree with the way it is translated in FM. Let's take your example. Robben has played on the left wing before, would he cut inside there? Probably not as often. Or if Bayern Munich would try to keep possession late in a game, Guardiola could tell Robben to cut down on his dribbling. It's unrealistic to think that Robben would disobey, just because he has a certain preference.

Like swansongs said below: you want player to behave more realistic, but I'd argue that it is far from realistic to think that a player will perform a certain action, regardless of instructions and circumstances.

Also if Robben is 36 years and has lost his acceleration and agility, he would still have the ppm runs "with ball often". You would have him to dislearn it, but in real life, Robben would probably know that he can't dribble past fast defenders and will try to cross or pass.

I don't think that all PPM's should be removed, but a lot of them overlap with tactical instructions, in an unrealistic (and for me annoying) way.[/quote']

Dribbling isn't a good example in this way. Say it's something to do with beating a man. You as a manager may have instructed all players to cut down completely on that kind of thing, and hold. That player gets the ball at his feet, he's facing a defender he thinks he can beat, but the risk is that if he loses the ball, he sets up a break. His instinct at that point - remember, players make these decisions in a split second - is to try and beat the man. It's in his preferred moves, it's in his programming, it's him.

Dribbling is still similar. Olive wasn't saying that Robben will just completely disregard anything Guardiola has said, but in a split second decision where he's running at a player, do you really think he's always going to turn back or sideways and pass if he's been instructed to? No, he's going to do what comes naturally to him. This will then be exacerbated if it's a player with particularly low professionalism. A manager can tell him until he's blue in the face what to do, but a lot of the time he's just going to do what he thinks is right instead.

Hi

Are there plans (full game release or later) to expand the range of competition formats available for the fantasy draft game mode? The current 3 are OK, but a bit limited. My thoughts:

1. Enable the 2-6 player league format to be customisable - i.e. able to pick how many times the teams play each other etc. Played againsyt 2 friends yesterday, and this is limited to playing each other twice, so only 4 games each. Good, but would be nice to be able to play more games

2. Being able to "swap in" the fantasy created teams into an existing league to replace existing teams(albeit this would obviously be simplified mode without transfers etc)

3. Being able to include AI teams in a custom league alongside the human player drafted teams (maybe even AI managers drafting too...but maybe too much to hope for!)

Just some thoughts

Great game by the way and I really like the upgrades from FM15

Archived