Miles Jacobson - O.B.E.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not had the pleasure of meeting Miles in person but i have had banter with him on twitter and he always just seems such a genuine and funny bloke and for all the efforts that he has put into SI over the years its an honour thats well deserved.

• SI Staff

Thanks once again to everyone for the nice messages. It's been an overwhelming and surreal day so far!

Here's the quote that was given to the press.

“It is very humbling to be awarded such a prestigious accolade for doing something I enjoy so much, and one that enables me to indulge in my passion for football and videogames. I hope to be able to continue working in this fantastic creative industry for many more years to come and try to help it reach even more people.

Whilst honoured to have been recognised in this way, it’s really further recognition for the whole team at Sports Interactive around the world, especially after Oliver and Paul Collyer, the founders of SI, received honours last year.”

Can I also please take this opportunity to wish all of you a fantastic 2011 - I have a feeling it's going to be a very good, very busy year!

Wow! Congratulations Miles. A real treat, enjoy the rewards of your success. After the hard work, comes the spoils.

What next? An Order of the Garter? A seat in the House of Lords? Hmmm, the opportunities are boundless.

Have to say I hate the honours system with an absolute passion, so anyone who gets them (desereved or not) has my sympathy. I often wonder of all the people who get them how many slag the monarchy of yet when receiving an award from ol Elizabeth change their tune. The hypocarcy of it all is farcical!

Have to say I hate the honours system with an absolute passion, so anyone who gets them (desereved or not) has my sympathy. I often wonder of all the people who get them how many slag the monarchy of yet when receiving an award from ol Elizabeth change their tune. The hypocarcy of it all is farcical!

People do get the choice of rejecting it though, and some have done.

People do get the choice of rejecting it though, and some have done.

"I am returning this MBE in protest at Britain's support of the Vietnam war, our lack of action on that Nigeria thingy, and Cold Turkey slipping down the charts."

Spoke to Miles not so long ago on facebook and have to say he seemed a really nice guy.

Didn't hide behind anything when I asked him questions and was up front and honist.

Well done fella you should be really proud of yourself and what you have done in the industry.

All I ask now is you convince the collyers for a pay rise and to buy back the Championship Manager rights and get the game back out there before BGS rip it to sh1ts

Archived