Group C- Slovenia v England, BBC1, 3pm and USA v Algeria, BBC red button

bomma

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
okay some mod is having a little joke combining the England vs Slovenia thread, and USA-Algeria thread. That, or I'm going mad and these weren't seperate earlier.

There never was a thread for the USA game....

It was just the England match at first, but the USA was being talked about in this thread as well, hence the thread title change.

They've always been merged. Just I think most of the yanks discussed their game in the US thread.
There never was a thread for the USA game....

It was just the England match at first, but the USA was being talked about in this thread as well, hence the thread title change.

ah I see.

(ten characters)

Say what you want about John Terry but not many defenders would dive in head first infront of a shot. Thought he was immense today. Him and Upson were rocks.

Rooney getting better but a bit loose with his touch and his finishing isn't there yet.

Great performance all round.

That's what they get for appearing in public sans burqa. If she appeals to the Algerian F.A. they'll just tell her to shut up and get back in the kitchen.

/controversial/

Thought England were far better today - plenty of movement and also width provide by Milner (who did very well) Gonna have to up it another couple of notches for Sunday, but hopefully they won't need motivating for what is to come.

Sunday is gonna be immense. :thup:

Apparently one of the Algerians was a bit upset after the game.

Good 'ol Algerians, men's men, showing her who's boss

Much improved from England (wasn't difficult to improve on Algeria game) but just annoyed we couldn't score a 2nd and/or the Yanks scored that late winner. Was always on the cards and it all points back to that appalling performance against Algeria.

They gave us a few scares, that's always gonna happen, I expect us to face chances but it's how we deal with them. I could have done without that one at the end that Upson toed away though.

Just so annoyed at the route we're on now as I said in the England thread, this means 4 incredible performances against a who's who of international football against Ghana (who let's face it are not all that) and then potentially Uruguay who are good but if they offered me Uruguay 1/4 final over Argentina I'd take it any day.

Anyway, it's Germany before we can begin to think about that and they're a top side, they will create more, they're more dangerous but we'll have to "bring the A game" as the Americans would say, they can probably get by with their B game for Ghana who don't seem to be able to find the goal unless you plonk it in front of them

Heh, saw this on Twitter:

"Anyone else think the World Cup is playing like WW2? France out early, USA show up at the last minute, England left to fight Germany."

:D

I didn't know England was left to fight Germany by herself in WW2? In fact, England have never fought Germany... ****ing ****hole who wrote that!

The Chelsea midfielder says the Three Lions have finally shown the world what they are capable of with the crucial victory over Slovenia in Port Elizabeth yesterday.

If a scraped one-goal win over Slovenia is the best that they're capable of then they've got no chance of even winning their next match!

You think that 60 million deaths is a joke? :mad:

;)

Including a large portion per population being from Scotland. approx 51,500 Scots (including 6 members of my family) were military casaulties. So I'm sorry if I think some **** that makes a joke about the World War and compares it to a ****ing football tournamnet!

Including a large portion per population being from Scotland. approx 51,500 Scots (including 6 members of my family) were military casaulties. So I'm sorry if I think some **** that makes a joke about the World War and compares it to a ****ing football tournamnet!

Oh shut up you bore.

Calm down chap. It's just a joke. Don't get so sensitive about it.

Except as usual Lampard didn't actually say what the headline states, there's something similar in the Guardian along the lines of 'everyone will fear our passion' :rolleyes: when he said something closer to 'we showed the passion and pace of playing that has made the Premier League one of the best in the world and blah blah about won't be easy to beat us' and that has become "Frank SAID ..."

If a scraped one-goal win over Slovenia is the best that they're capable of then they've got no chance of even winning their next match!

Was a little more than scraped though and they were unbeaten before we played them, I'll take 1-0 against anyone, thanks.

The opposition having a chance during a match doesn't make it 'scraped', not often in top level football the opposition create nothing in game, well, England / Algeria aside ;)

Rhino so anti-England atm it's a joke. Get's a bit boring in every thread tbh, especially when on another day Rooney, Defoe and Terry are putting those in the back of the net and we win 4-0. Germany hardly made qualifying look easy in the end either tbh.

Paha wow :D.

Rhino so anti-England atm it's a joke. Get's a bit boring in every thread tbh, especially when on another day Rooney, Defoe and Terry are putting those in the back of the net and we win 4-0. Germany hardly made qualifying look easy in the end either tbh.

I'm not anti-England as I've stated several times, and whatever you think of me it isn't half as tiring as the idiots here who keep throwing those accusations at me.

I said they scraped through simply on the basis of them winning by a single goal against a team they had, in the words of many, been expected to beat by four or five goals. On another day you may well have scored four or five goals, but then again Slovenia could also have taken their chances.

I think England can beat Germany, and I genuinely want them to, but they'll have to play better than they did against Slovenia.

Edit: I'll also say that I'm not going to stop posting in these threads just because of the people who can't see past the fact that I'm Scottish to take my posts in the spirit they are intended; an honest appraisal of how I perceive England's fortunes.

haha, just saying 'after Germany, it's Argentina' doesn't mean we're all expecting to beat Germany but that is the pathway we would take. Do we really need to add "if we win" after every fixture, I think we all understand what it means when we say these things

Archived