Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

10 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

wallace asks for a new contract, wallace's agent asks for a specific wage, i agree to that wage, wallace's agent asks for more money than what we agreed on two seconds ago in the negotiations, wallace rejects a contract offer, wallace's agent will not come to the table again, promise reminder: wallace is expecting to be offered a new contract, can't offer him a new contract the option doesn't even exist in the menu, can't tell him his agent is preventing talks because managers aren't allowed to talk to their players i guess, please dear sweet mother of god KILL THIS WHOLE SYSTEM WITH FIRE.  Agents are bad and pointless, promises are bad and actively damaging to your game, just get rid of all of this garbage.  

I mentioned this happens before and it happened to me today on stream again. Raheem Sterling, who was a free agent, asked for £220k a week. We couldn't offer that so offered a little lower. He then asked for £500k lool

And that's not due to him missing out on any bonuses. But he for some reason asked for £500k after asking for £220k and also added crazy bonuses

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, isoche said:

My recent results despite im playing with a pretty defensive-cautious mentality with 5-3-2. I even tell them to waste time and lower tempo as much as they can.

I dont want to have to set my games to commentary to prevent seeing annoying, same type of highlights or goals every 5-10 min. Actually. And it all starts after like second or third season of the career. At first year, nothing this crazy though.

So what, do I have to witness these annoying results every career after second or third year? I check AI's scores, they even have more attacking formations and many of their matches end 1-0 or 2-0, many times. And look at this.

Screenshot_15.jpg

defensive or cautious mentality doesn't mean you won't score or go on attack. What team are you?

16 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

I mentioned this happens before and it happened to me today on stream again. Raheem Sterling, who was a free agent, asked for £220k a week. We couldn't offer that so offered a little lower. He then asked for £500k lool

And that's not due to him missing out on any bonuses. But he for some reason asked for £500k after asking for £220k and also added crazy bonuses

Lotta negotiations like "I would like 5."  "Well, how about 3?"  "Actually I would like 10."  "Wait why not 4?"  "I'm never speaking to you again."

2 hours ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Lotta negotiations like "I would like 5."  "Well, how about 3?"  "Actually I would like 10."  "Wait why not 4?"  "I'm never speaking to you again."

This is particularly bad with loans. I'll offer a player out for say 50k fee playing and non-playing. The club will offer 60k playing and 40k non-playing which the loan manager instantly rejects. So I re-offer with those terms and the club are now offering 10k less for both. It could get quite maddening.

22 hours ago, RDF Tactics said:

What did Sterling and his agent initially want? This usually happens when something triggers the "the player will accept a lower wage" thingy and then if you try to bargain further the game just forgets all about that.

Posted (edited)
On 01/03/2024 at 01:38, rodau said:

This ME seems very easy, therefore the AI cheats you with with ridiculous comebacks and opponents scoring in almost every single chance.
No changes on the ME means that this bad experience will go on.

To be honest, I will buy FM25 not only because I bought every single game for the last 20 years, but because I HOPE that real novelties will be implemented. If this random and pure RNG match engine remain I quit FM for good.

Roubo.png

Just logged in for the first time in eternity to comment that I genuinelly love the irony here. (And I'd be very concerned if the AI still wasn't able to "exploit" stuff like this -- at least once in every purple colored moon. Looks like there's still a lot to do for FM2025 though in that regard.)

Normaltactic.png.019d2bf72f49074b424beb8

Btw, another newcomer on the management games block now gets the "cheating AI" treatment by players as well. It's the equivalent of the XCom meme, or more recent Baldur's Gate 3, which RNG apparently was totally rigged against the player. Actually, according to the internet the RNG is rigged against the player in just about any RPG. :D The more popular the RPG, the more rigged it is (as the number of bad game theory grows accordingly to a game's player base, naturally).

PS: Any developer actually deliberately messing with its player base by implementing "cheat AI" is the dumbest kid on the block. Nobody is going to stick with a game long-term that they perceive as inherently unfair. That's not only a player lost. That's actually a paying customer lost. A CLEVER developer would do EVERYTHING to not even make that suspicious of his game cheating a player appear. BG3 even implemented optional "karmic dice" so that streaks were less likely to happen. The D&D faithful were furious. How could they? That's how. And did it do anything? Hell it did..

:Bowen:

Edited by Svenc

5 hours ago, Svenc said:

BG3 even implemented optional "karmic dice" so that streaks were less likely to happen. The D&D faithful were furious. How could they? That's how. And did it do anything? Hell it did...

Karmic dice annoyed people (and the standard, correct advice is to turn it off) for reasons that specifically have to do with D&D rules.  There's not a clear parallel to FM. 

In D&D 5E, the ruleset BG3 is based on, skill checks -- what you'd use to persuade people or pick a lock or identify something -- are handled by picking a random number from 1-20 and adding a modifier.  Generally speaking, the threshold that the number plus modifier needs to reach is between 5, for a very easy task, and 25, for an extremely difficult task.  In some cases, a player can have Advantage or Disadvantage; with Advantage, they roll two 20-sided dice and use the higher of the two numbers.  Disadvantage uses the lower of the two.  Because the d20 roll's range is so large compared to most static modifiers, skill checks are approached in two ways: either avoid making the roll at all or boost your modifier to such a high level that failure is impossible.

BG3 implements a very bad variant rule that screws up the math.  In combat, d20 rolls are used for a bunch of things, and a roll of 20 is an automatic success while a 1 is an automatic failure.  This rule does not exist for skill checks.  Larian, in their oh so infinite wisdom, decided that it should.  That means every character, no matter how skillful at a particular task, fails that task 5% of the time on a roll of 1.  Karmic dice are outcome-based dice; they exist to prevent strings of successes or failures.  So if you build a character who happens to be Johnny Persuadesalot, a guy who's so persuasive and convincing that he can argue night into day and lions into lambs, and you go through dialogue trees convincing people to help you or not oppose you, talking your way out of combats and into rewards, you'll be succeeding at a lot of checks.  And as you do, karmic dice increases the chances that you'll roll a 1 to balance your successes and failures.  The FM equivalent might be doing a youth-only save and having your regens' PA artificially deflated because you were sending too many youth products into the first team.  Karmic dice also does in-combat balancing, which hurts people who know how to use the rules to build characters.  See, Larian don't understand the 5E rules and, in particular, the principle of bounded accuracy they're built upon.  They've added a lot of ways to increase defensive and offensive modifiers, and it turns out that without some monkeying in the backend it's possible to just build a character that's only hit 5% of the time.  Karmic dice flattens out some but not all of the differences between highly-optimized and poorly-optimized character builds, meaning people who don't use the rules well can still progress through the game and people who do still face some jeopardy. 

There are also a whole bunch of bugs related to sources of Advantage incorrectly applying and rolls of 1 not being discarded correctly in Advantage situations, but those are, at least, bugs and not deliberate, shortsighted design decisions.  (They're the root of some of the conspiracy theories about rigged RNG, too, because players see a Critical Fail on a roll with Advantage and think "that's the third time this particular event has happened in an hour, I am suspicious", when what's actually happening is that the source of Advantage isn't being correctly applied, so it's a 5% chance not a 0.25% chance, as it should be.)

Unrelated to FM, I know, but worth clarifying here because Karmic Dice is actually a situation where the developer is putting their thumb on the scale.  It's not entirely unlike the Super-Keeper conspiracy -- if you build a great attacking team in FM and the AI can't handle you, the keeper will get some insane boost and yadda yadda yadda.  Karmic Dice in BG3 is like the keeper getting a little boost, not huge, just enough that your 5-0 win becomes 2-0.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

Karmic Dice in BG3 is like the keeper getting a little boost, not huge, just enough that your 5-0 win becomes 2-0.

It's more like the opposite, as certainly was the main motivation of it being in: making hits more likely with every streak of miss. It's an option mainly to avoid player frustration. To more or less quote Larian's CEO from an old interview when BG3 was announced in 2019 (can't find it atm): "Missing isn't fun. If you miss tons of times, you're going to give the game a bad review." D&D tabletop players are used to streaks. A Dice 20 system is rather prone to them. However, the game was meant to appeal to more than just D&D players. 

By the way: Despite the "That's XCOM" meme, XCOM acutally increases the chances to hit with a miss too (at least on lower difficulties). If there's ever any deliberately FIDDLING going on, it's always done to avoid player frustration. There's no point in deliberately frustrating your player base. What's more, once their trust in the fairness of your game is destroyed, it's hard to impossible to win it back. It's the most stupid thing you can ever do.

I'm also still having a good laugh at that people overperforming across the shop is never reported as a possible issue -- but an AI managed team scoring from frew shots is always crossing the line immediately. :D 

PS (off-topic): I totally agree that some of Larian's "tweaks" have messed some things majorly up. Even D&D's inherent action economy... which is a part of the reason why combat is so easy and/or spells such as "haste" this overpowered. :) 

Edited by Svenc

2 minutes ago, Svenc said:

It's more like the opposite, as certainly was the main motivation of it being in: making hits more likely with every streak of miss. It's an option mainly to avoid player frustration. To pretty much quote Larian's CEO: "Missing isn't fun. If you miss tons of times, you're going to give the game a bad review." D&D tabletop players are used to streaks. However, the game was meant to appeal to more than just D&D players.

That was probably the motivation but the 5E rules aren't that complicated in cRPG terms.  You make the number go up.  5E is designed around bounded accuracy, so even small increases to static numbers have large effects.  And Larian missed the memo when they started tinkering with items and at what level they're available; the enemies are basically balanced to tabletop rules but players are given something like 10x the magic items, both in number and in amplitude, that they should.  Player characters are enormously more powerful than they ought to be, so I struggle to believe that avoiding miss strings is the actual effect of Karmic Dice.  When the game is balanced around a +3 bonus but obtaining a +8 or +10 is trivial, misses pretty much stop being an issue.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Sunstrikuuu said:

That was probably the motivation but the 5E rules aren't that complicated in cRPG terms.  You make the number go up.  5E is designed around bounded accuracy, so even small increases to static numbers have large effects.  And Larian missed the memo when they started tinkering with items and at what level they're available; the enemies are basically balanced to tabletop rules but players are given something like 10x the magic items, both in number and in amplitude, that they should.  Player characters are enormously more powerful than they ought to be, so I struggle to believe that avoiding miss strings is the actual effect of Karmic Dice.  When the game is balanced around a +3 bonus but obtaining a +8 or +10 is trivial, misses pretty much stop being an issue.

Well, they certainly took the opposite approach to Owlcat with their Pathfinder games. Enemies are too easy to hit? Just  inflate their stats to kingdom come. :D  Mind you, some of that is actually necessary (optionally either way), as Pathfinder is a rather unbalanced system. Allowing completely OP character builds even if playing by the official rules 1:1. :D Speaking of which, the mere notion that you would even NEED to rig the dice here is silly. All any developer of RPGs needs to do is simply giving enemies better stats. They'll be harder to hit. They'll hit you more. THey'll do you more damage, they'll be harder to kill, etc. And this can be made transparent, which is important. It's the difference between perceived "unfairness" (secretly fiddling with hit dice) or "fairness" (optionally giving enemies better stats to make the game harder). Any dev who'd still opt for going with "unfairness" is either (pardon me) an ass, an idiot or both.

Naturally, FM is a bit more opaque. To put it that'aways. :D 

Edited by Svenc

2 hours ago, Svenc said:

Well, they certainly took the opposite approach to Owlcat with their Pathfinder games. Enemies are too easy to hit? Just  inflate their stats to kingdom come. :D  Mind you, some of that is actually necessary (optionally either way), as Pathfinder is a rather unbalanced system. Allowing completely OP character builds even if playing by the official rules 1:1. :D Speaking of which, the mere notion that you would even NEED to rig the dice here is silly. All any developer of RPGs needs to do is simply giving enemies better stats. They'll be harder to hit. They'll hit you more. THey'll do you more damage, they'll be harder to kill, etc. And this can be made transparent, which is important. It's the difference between perceived "unfairness" (secretly fiddling with hit dice) or "fairness" (optionally giving enemies better stats to make the game harder). Any dev who'd still opt for going with "unfairness" is either (pardon me) an ass, an idiot or both.

Naturally, FM is a bit more opaque. To put it that'aways. :D 

Yeah, Pathfinder generally was built on the 3E chassis, which doesn't have bounded accuracy.  Owlcat's build their game for more of a high-op rules-focused specialized audience rather than a general gaming one, and it shows.

Something must be done about loan managers, why cant i select that i do not want to accept any loan offer with a buy clause?

Bought a player for 1m transfer fee with clauses up to 650k and 20% of profit of next sale.

I put him on developement list and the loan manager accepts an loan offer with a optional fee of 400k with 350k in 2 installments.

2 weeks after signing him he is sold with a loss of 250k???

does anyone else find it annoying when u see a player from another club leave that club when u know in real life that wouldn't happen so soon

like for e.g. kevin de bruyne leaving city I feel like it ruins the game

Also in this game they should have let mbappe go to real madrid it never happens

hope next years game is much better 

Another game breaking bug in this game. I'm getting a must respond warning in the top right corner, yet there is nothing to respond to. And now I can't continue. Seems like FC Twente/Heralces academie is also interested and may or may not have made an offer, it's shows on one screen, but not on the one that matters (to continue the game) I guess the save end here then ..

What the f*&k!

Dordt1.png

Dordt2.png

1 hour ago, D-Foxx said:

Another game breaking bug in this game. I'm getting a must respond warning in the top right corner, yet there is nothing to respond to. And now I can't continue. Seems like FC Twente/Heralces academie is also interested and may or may not have made an offer, it's shows on one screen, but not on the one that matters (to continue the game) I guess the save end here then ..

What the f*&k!

Dordt1.png

Dordt2.png

Click the > next to the fee/wage offer to expand the details. Or press the red X to reject the offer.

In FM24, clubs simply give up on any development of their players. Not only wonderkids, but generally talented players or those in their prime. They simply buy them and leave them on the bench for 3-4 years and then put them up for sale. There is no pleasure on the transfer market when I manage to buy such great players for worse prices, because thanks to the mistakes in the current edition, they are simply forced into my team.

Out of curiosity, I returned to FM22 to compare this aspect of the game and, unfortunately, it is a gulf. I lost any desire to continue playing FM24. A key aspect of the game is just absolutely broken. The whole thing is complemented by absurd market offers offered by clubs from Saudi Arabia, which completely destroys the transfer market.

The development issue is a pain when it comes to international management. I’m 31/32 (on FM24) and have had the England managers job for about a season. I’m still relying on TAA, Foden, Rice, Mount, Rashford, Ramsdale etc. into their 30’s with very few players coming into strengthen the national pool. The fact that Cameron Archer is pretty much the best striker (and he’s not even much good) says a lot.

The press seem to ask about my experienced squad quite regularly but there doesn’t seem to be an option to reply and say that there are very few youth players coming through.

Fingers crossed for FM25. Seems the whole franchise and community is at a bit of a crossroads. The move to Unity offers some hope; let’s hope it delivers. 

39 minutes ago, CAE82 said:

Fingers crossed for FM25.

I remember when I was this optimistic when it came to FM. It'll look prettier, but it'll have the same core issues that the last few FMs have had.

We should already know that the build up to the next game will be all about how the AI is finally good at squad building, and how the AI even develops their youth! 

Then everyone will start their save and the ai will be absolutely useless at developing any promising talent, while signing up about 6 CBs and forgetting to sign even one right winger. 

Em 02/05/2024 em 03:43, Svenc disse:

Just logged in for the first time in eternity to comment that I genuinelly love the irony here. (And I'd be very concerned if the AI still wasn't able to "exploit" stuff like this -- at least once in every purple colored moon. Looks like there's still a lot to do for FM2025 though in that regard.)

Normaltactic.png.019d2bf72f49074b424beb8

Btw, another newcomer on the management games block now gets the "cheating AI" treatment by players as well. It's the equivalent of the XCom meme, or more recent Baldur's Gate 3, which RNG apparently was totally rigged against the player. Actually, according to the internet the RNG is rigged against the player in just about any RPG. :D The more popular the RPG, the more rigged it is (as the number of bad game theory grows accordingly to a game's player base, naturally).

PS: Any developer actually deliberately messing with its player base by implementing "cheat AI" is the dumbest kid on the block. Nobody is going to stick with a game long-term that they perceive as inherently unfair. That's not only a player lost. That's actually a paying customer lost. A CLEVER developer would do EVERYTHING to not even make that suspicious of his game cheating a player appear. BG3 even implemented optional "karmic dice" so that streaks were less likely to happen. The D&D faithful were furious. How could they? That's how. And did it do anything? Hell it did..

:Bowen:

Thanks to remember me that tactic. I using a ME breaking tactic (stupid gegenpressing vertical pass) that make the game cheats even more.
I'm really playing a RNG simulator.

Now I gonna back to my old tiki taka tactic and be cheated in the old fashion :D

1 hour ago, Nick_CB said:

One of the most ridiculous and annoying things in FM is when you try to sign a player who has been without a club and without offers for months, but when you offer a contract, out of nowhere several interested teams appear and offer a proposal too. And in the end, I end up losing the player to a team that offered less salary and a lower status. 

Game's way of adding difficulty

On 01/05/2024 at 05:11, isoche said:

My recent results despite im playing with a pretty defensive-cautious mentality with 5-3-2. I even tell them to waste time and lower tempo as much as they can.

I dont want to have to set my games to commentary to prevent seeing annoying, same type of highlights or goals every 5-10 min. Actually. And it all starts after like second or third season of the career. At first year, nothing this crazy though.

So what, do I have to witness these annoying results every career after second or third year? I check AI's scores, they even have more attacking formations and many of their matches end 1-0 or 2-0, many times. And look at this.

Screenshot_15.jpg

I've just conceded 1 goal in 14 games in the A-League.

I haven't scored many either, it's like watching paint dry and honestly I have zero idea why I have only conceded 0.24 goals per game this season.

20 hours ago, D-Foxx said:

What the f*&k!

Dordt1.png

Dordt2.png

Holiday for one day it will clear the must respond and allow you to continue.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, rodau said:

Thanks to remember me that tactic. I using a ME breaking tactic (stupid gegenpressing vertical pass) that make the game cheats even more.
I'm really playing a RNG simulator.

Now I gonna back to my old tiki taka tactic and be cheated in the old fashion :D

Let’s see if I understand … you used a cheat tactic because it’s necessary to cheat because the game cheats, and the more you cheat, the more the game cheats, so you’re going to go back to only cheating a bit, so that you can reduce the amount that the game cheats because you dislike it so much when the game cheats that you feel you have to come here to rage post about it?

Edited by NineCloudNine

13 hours ago, CAE82 said:

The development issue is a pain when it comes to international management. I’m 31/32 (on FM24) and have had the England managers job for about a season. I’m still relying on TAA, Foden, Rice, Mount, Rashford, Ramsdale etc. into their 30’s with very few players coming into strengthen the national pool. The fact that Cameron Archer is pretty much the best striker (and he’s not even much good) says a lot.

The press seem to ask about my experienced squad quite regularly but there doesn’t seem to be an option to reply and say that there are very few youth players coming through.

Fingers crossed for FM25. Seems the whole franchise and community is at a bit of a crossroads. The move to Unity offers some hope; let’s hope it delivers. 

We’ve had people asking SI for improvements in international management but it got even worse instead

1 hora atrás, orlyzao disse:

We’ve had people asking SI for improvements in international management but it got even worse instead

It's mind boggling that international management has been left aside when it comes to priorities by SI. I've been playing FM since FM06 and never seen any improvement in this area. They add on face paint but managing a national team is still as boring as it's ever been. 

2 hours ago, Rodrigogc said:

It's mind boggling that international management has been left aside when it comes to priorities by SI. I've been playing FM since FM06 and never seen any improvement in this area. They add on face paint but managing a national team is still as boring as it's ever been. 

International management is quite limited just by its nature (long gaps between matches; not wanting to spend your time actually watch players in games like a real international manager would).  The most common complaint has always been the lack of control over training at tournaments so that you can rest players between games.

However, one area of improvement I'd really like to see is international management exclusive set of screens for identifying eligible players of appropriate calibre; moving the ones you want into the pool' and then on into the squad. I'd like this in three columns with a filter above all players and above pool. With drag and drop between columns.

14 minutos atrás, rp1966 disse:

International management is quite limited just by its nature (long gaps between matches; not wanting to spend your time actually watch players in games like a real international manager would).  The most common complaint has always been the lack of control over training at tournaments so that you can rest players between games.

However, one area of improvement I'd really like to see is international management exclusive set of screens for identifying eligible players of appropriate calibre; moving the ones you want into the pool' and then on into the squad. I'd like this in three columns with a filter above all players and above pool. With drag and drop between columns.

I don't think it is limited, it is just different. " not wanting to spend your time actually watch players in games like a real international manager would" - That is actually interesting for me, and I'm sure some will find it interesting as well. When managing clubs, I tend to watch some matches of players I'm willing to sign, for example. 

Your suggestion on the second paragraph is interesting. International management can be very exciting. Let me just tell something that just happened:

In a 𝐜𝐫𝐚𝐳𝐲 move, Marcelo Bielsa will call up an 𝐀𝐌𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐔𝐑 footballer to his Uruguay squad to face Costa Rica in a friendly. 

Walter Domínguez has scored 57 goals in 39 games for amateur side Juventud de Soriano.

Yes, Bielsa did that! That's why I say international management can be fullfiling, because it is different, but SI doesn't spend much resource on improving it.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

Let’s see if I understand … you used a cheat tactic because it’s necessary to cheat because the game cheats

Perfect reasoning! :D 

The logics more oftenly goes somewhere along the lines of this, thanks to the magics of the human brain and cognitive bias:

"Unlike any 'cheating' AI manager ever, I've just taken Brentford to the CL final within two seasons. However, that's all thanks to my great management. It couldn't possibly be to me "cheating", er exploiting defensive bugs, limited AI match management, loopholes in the match engine, or anything. I'm not going to even look for that. I'm just a great manager, ya know?"

Then, every time something "bad" happens (like the AI scoring with their first shot every once in a while):

"OVER THE LINE YOU DIRTY CHEAT!"

:D

Edited by Svenc

Posted (edited)

As I could not get into the game yet due the issues constantly highlighted in the forums, I thought will create a team and play at a higher division for the first time... usually I am bored/disinterested before reaching a top 5 league so it should be fun to manage a player I am familiar with IRL 😄.

Imagine a backstory, replace one team in the Serie A (Monza). Based on the squad budget, sign players I adore IRL, using a strategy and depth chart already in my head:

Calafiori, Di Gregorio, Baldanzi, Pessina and Lucca for a strong young Italian core...

Some older veterans for experience for 1 or max 2 seasons: Pjanic, Alioski, Insigne.

Karius as a cup goalie for for the memes.

Flair on the attacking, side: Jesper Karlsson and Akram Afif.

Decent young backups and wonderkids: Omorodion and Bardghji.

From the remaining budget, mostly balkan veterans as backups.

After spending hours in preparations, guess what I am over the wage budget by 25%...okay, I realise that they bring their original contracts wage so Pjanic and Afif are almost earning double what the others. But wait...random 33 old serbian 3rd choice left back and Karius agreed playing time: Star player. Same for Omoridion. At least other 12+ player with this status or important player.

Check other save, their contract at original club are either squad player or for Karius: backup goalkeeper.

Be utterly disappointed that there is seemingly no logic on what agreed playing time will be when you "sign" the player from another club when you create a club. Yet the salary comes with the original amount????

Completely ruins the immersion and no I will not buy the editor to modify the status of offered contract or remove unhappiness.

Another function that is not working.

Or if there is a way of checking during the player picking (not the draft, squad assign screen) on what will be the agreed playing time, please let me know. There is a column that shows the current aggreed playing time e.g. Backup for Karius, but he was at Star player when my save starts at the fictional club. I imagine the broken reputation system has to do something with it, but again why then Omorodion expects to be a star player when in every aspect Lucca is rated higher then him, or my 3rd choice LB over Alioski and a current national team player?

Edited by marioNOW

15 horas atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

Let’s see if I understand … you used a cheat tactic because it’s necessary to cheat because the game cheats, and the more you cheat, the more the game cheats, so you’re going to go back to only cheating a bit, so that you can reduce the amount that the game cheats because you dislike it so much when the game cheats that you feel you have to come here to rage post about it?

Just started a new game. AI had 2 shots and 2 goals. I had 19 and one goal. Great game!
BTW: game cheats better than me Kappa

13 hours ago, rodau said:

Just started a new game. AI had 2 shots and 2 goals. I had 19 and one goal. Great game!

image.png.df867f07ab89cb2c07e8eaae9e31a2b2.png

AI cheats. I had 19 shots at the goal and scored only 1 goal at over 2 xg

They had 3 shots and 2 goals lmfao

My goalkeeper sorted the wall wrong during a free kick and then Petković scored EXACT SAME GOAL he scored versus Latvia for Croatia

And then of course, Hoxha scores FIRST GOAL FOR DINAMO IN A LEAGUE

Of course it happened to me

And last game Lokomotiva somehow beat me when I was UNBEATEN for 15ish games and only conceded 1 goal from open play. This is ridic

I lost the league title to worst Dinamo squad in 20 years

The game is rigged, please fix SI

14 hours ago, rodau said:

Glad the game cheats in my favour then!

XXs5OjH.pngdyOcA9y.pnghO5mnll.png

FoAX8BB.pngZiGBSgf.png

If you see yourself being outscored against worse teams regularly, you need to change what you are doing, not blame the game for your own shortcomings as a manager. It's more than possible to avoid it happening often. Once in a blue moon, anything can happen, but if it's a trend, you can change it, but you can only change it if you acknowledge it an not just try to shift the blame.

Does anyone look at their shots on goal/target instead of their total shots when complaining about the AI cheating?  Having a bunch of shots does not mean they are quality shots.

In my current save, Marco Rose left RB Leipzig on the penultimate matchday to start at Arsenal. RB is one point behind Bayern and they play against each other on the last matchday. Which manager changes clubs 5 days before the last game of the season with the possibility of winning the title? Such unrealistic things just take away the immersion for me. AI managers should generally not swap clubs in the middle of the season. That simply doesn't happen in reality.

Squad building, youth player development, manager movements, player interactions, press conferences, international management, so many things that urgently need to be improved. I have my doubts that FM25 will improve any of this, but perhaps miracles will happen.

I've been playing since FM05 and for the first time I'm seriously considering whether I'll buy the next title.

4 hours ago, -Jef- said:

image.png.df867f07ab89cb2c07e8eaae9e31a2b2.png

AI cheats. I had 19 shots at the goal and scored only 1 goal at over 2 xg

They had 3 shots and 2 goals lmfao

My goalkeeper sorted the wall wrong during a free kick and then Petković scored EXACT SAME GOAL he scored versus Latvia for Croatia

And then of course, Hoxha scores FIRST GOAL FOR DINAMO IN A LEAGUE

Of course it happened to me

And last game Lokomotiva somehow beat me when I was UNBEATEN for 15ish games and only conceded 1 goal from open play. This is ridic

I lost the league title to worst Dinamo squad in 20 years

The game is rigged, please fix SI

Thats flashscore. Not FM . :D

37 minutos atrás, Rofocale disse:

In my current save, Marco Rose left RB Leipzig on the penultimate matchday to start at Arsenal. RB is one point behind Bayern and they play against each other on the last matchday. Which manager changes clubs 5 days before the last game of the season with the possibility of winning the title? Such unrealistic things just take away the immersion for me. AI managers should generally not swap clubs in the middle of the season. That simply doesn't happen in reality.

I'm Brazilian and that happens often in Brazil. John Textor's Botafogo finished last season after their 4th manager in a year. And leaving Leipzig to Arsenal, to me, is pretty reasonable. 

16 minutes ago, Rodrigogc said:

And leaving Leipzig to Arsenal, to me, is pretty reasonable. 

Yeah, but perhaps not 5 days before the last game of the season with a title on the line :lol:!

24 minutos atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

Yeah, but perhaps not 5 days before the last game of the season with a title on the line :lol:!

Indeed. Seems like the AI decision making based on reputation issue. Arsenal = Bigger club, higher reputation. So "I'm leaving", ignoring completely the context (few days away from the most important match in the season). The reason this happens is basically the reason behind all the weird decision making by the AI. 

And to be honest, I don't this will be fixed or improved. I suppose many variables would have to be added so the AI starts understanding context before just deciding something based on reputation. 

2 hours ago, andu1 said:

Thats flashscore. Not FM . :D

That's exactly my point. It happens in real life too. It's happened multiple time to Dinamo this year. It happened to Rmad v City. I guess everyone cheats irl

5 hours ago, andu1 said:

Yeah.. it happens. I havent played FM in 3 months though.. Waiting on news for the new game.

you're going to wait a longggggg time bud. just play any prev version you have so time can pass by... 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, -Jef- said:

That's exactly my point. It happens in real life too. It's happened multiple time to Dinamo this year. It happened to Rmad v City. I guess everyone cheats irl

Dortmund’s AI clearly cheated against PSG too.

I know it’s a cheap shot, but I do wonder what some of the conspiracy theorists here would make of a two-legged tie where they had 44 shots, hit the woodwork 6 times, scored 0 from 5.36 xG and lost 0-2 including a header from a corner. :lol:

Edited by NineCloudNine

5 hours ago, NineCloudNine said:

I know it’s a cheap shot, but I do wonder what some of the conspiracy theorists here would make of a two-legged tie where they had 44 shots, hit the woodwork 6 times, scored 0 from 5.36 xG and lost 0-2 including a header from a corner. :lol:

And how quick would someone comment "Its your tactics mate" :D

6 horas atrás, NineCloudNine disse:

This happens to me quite often
Now for example I lost 3 consecutive matches with the AI having 80-90% success in offensive actions.
And my team with wasted opportunities and an average of 3 balls on the post