Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, makavali said:

You're lucky. There are tons of people including me who are not able to play the game, as the high scorelines all across the save ruin the immersion/realism 

It might be luck (and I do feel lucky, because high scores would ruin it for me too). My sample size of three full seasons in one save is tiny.

There can be quite marked fluctuations in goalscoring. The second season of my save (which was played on FM23) had a crazy number of goals in my division at the time (Vanarama South): I think all 24 teams scored 60+ goals. Things returned to normal in the next season (Vanarama National). A couple of seasons later I was playing in League Two and I had a season where goals were hard to come by (only a handful of teams scored more than 60; IIRC my Notts County side totally dominated the league but scored only about 70 goals).

In other words, there can be variation across seasons (which I rather like: I think FM should allow for interesting, unusual seasons, just as IRL there are occasional strange seasons).

And might it have anything to do with my save being imported from FM23 (the first seven seasons were on FM23, so I began FM24 in 2029/30 season)? I’m not sure I understand why that would be the case. But, at the same time, I don’t understand why I’m not seeing any of the problems with the ME or with number of goals scored being raised by several people here.

There are lots of issues with FM24 (mostly ones that have been in the game for several years and simply haven’t been addressed), but my experience so far is that the ME is great and I’m having a lot of fun. FM24 is certainly not “polished”, but (as I’ve said before) overall I’m finding FM24 to be the best version of FM I’ve played (and so much better than FM23, which I found to be a huge disappointment).

17 minutes ago, bigmattb28 said:

People pinning their hopes on a patch and expecting all the issues to be resolved need to calm down. They had a year to create the game, get the licenses etc and what's been released is a massive bug fest. No way they're gonna iron out all the issues from that little patch the other week to another patch in a few days time

I know that upcoming patch won t fix all the bugs, it won t even with final update but it will fix the most common and reported ones by now. And you could stop play the game if you don t like it

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

Question... RE goalkeeper mistakes.

Is "tendency to punch", overall, a negative stat to have high?

For mistakes it should be the opposite to be honest. A punch is easier than attempting to catch the ball, so your goalie should be less likely to make a mistake, but the obvious downside is that the ball will fly loose after the punch and who knows where it ends up. If your goalie has good aerial reach and command of area a low tendency will most likely be preferable as he should have the ability to claim a lot of balls, but a goalie that's not great in that aspect you might want him to just punch the ball away because if he fumbles the catch that will almost certainly be a bigger issue.

2 hours ago, diLLa88 said:

Quite possible, and I can also imagine that clubs in Colombia make less transfers in general?

I'm playing in the Netherlands, and my rivals PSV, Feyenoord and AZ have a nearly fully bought first squad and hardly any own youth. I have manually boosted most 21-23 year olds with high PA to around 125-130 CA so they will be considered now for the first team, without my interference they would remain around 115 by the age of 23 and wouldn't ever even make the bench, never mind getting any sub time.

Players that in real life this season are already making minutes have hardly made any minutes in game halfway through season 4.

Honestly, looking at AZs transfer history in my save it's no wonder they don't bother with training their own youth any more. :D

85m out 24/25, 151m out 25/26, 149m out 26/27... who cares about their own youth! Just buy wonder kids you sell for 5x the amount a year later. AI has been learning from us players. I heard some people talking about issues with activity on the transfer market, but looking at these AZ transfer histories, their AI is insanely active on the transfer market and raking in the cash at rates that far beat what their youth set up could produce for them.

Part of it I think is that finances are just too easy, so Dutch clubs have a massive balance after they get in 1-2 good transfers in real life, they then throw that at new players that happily join even if in real life they almost certainly wouldn't move to the Netherlands. Then, with most of these clubs being financially stable and thus having 100% transfer revenue added to the budget (which they definitely don't have in real life, but in FM they do because in FM they're considered very healthy clubs financially), one big transfer translates into a massive transfer budget, which the AI then happily starts spending and before you know it the own youth just gets drowned out. Very similar to Ajax the last years to be honest, heavy spending to ensure quality in the squad, which made the barrier for their own talent to fight for positions in the first team much higher, in FM it just happens in an even more extreme way because clubs worry far less about finances.

Just now, marionk said:

cant play tonight so i'm going to f5 this thread every 30 sec looking for feedback :seagull:

Wait it out and be your own feedback.  I can probably guess exactly how feedback is going to be.  Some things will get fixed, some won't be quite what people will expect, some people will remain absolutely raging. Everyone's experience will vary.

4 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

The first of our Major Updates, version 24.2.0 is live now! 

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to raise feedback and issues with us, including via our Bug Tracker. Our team read every issue posted there and your feedback is invaluable to the studio.

You can find a comprehensive changelist below:

Note to self...do not unpin previous update posts in advance. ;)

image.gif.fa21fdc09b5098b29226ff6641078f19.gif

You should know how we do by now :lol:

7 minutes ago, Kyle Brown said:

The first of our Major Updates, version 24.2.0 is live now! 

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to raise feedback and issues with us, including via our Bug Tracker. Our team read every issue posted there and your feedback is invaluable to the studio.

You can find a comprehensive changelist below:

Note to self...do not unpin previous update posts in advance. ;)

Am I right to assume that all of the ME changes will positively impact the high scoreline problem? There's no specific mentioned of it. :/ 

A bit concerned the patch notes only states that the squad depth complaints are fixed for when first transfer window is disabled. Hope it’s a general fix for the issue as I had the window turned on and still had the bug 3-4 times

Just now, esca said:

Is the J League data update licence ( missing player ) is fully fixed this patch? Means we already got the full complete Japanese database?

I believe there was still a cut off to certain things, but perhaps some missing players are in :larry:

• Fix for a GK/Goalkeeper blooper where they let the ball go in their own net after controlling a short pass
  • Fix for a GK/Goalkeeper blooper where they turn on the ball inside own area when under pressure

Does this mean they will never happen in game? Because there are definitely keepers in the prem I've seen do this lol.

Edited by Dotsworthy

Just now, Mike_G25 said:

A bit concerned the patch notes only states that the squad depth complaints are fixed for when first transfer window is disabled. Hope it’s a general fix for the issue as I had the window turned on and still had the bug 3-4 times

Possibly a bug where players were complaining about depth when literally nothing you can do if you have set first window disabled.

1 minute ago, BuzzR said:

The high amount of goals per match is fixed ? I don't see a mention in the 24.2 release notes. Maybe it's implied ?

I assume that all of the other ME changes will positively impact the scorelines, but I'd like confirmation as well :confused:

This does look very good, love all of the match engine fixes, especially the throw-in offside one, this has been horrible for years!

Really hope the high scoring issue in the lower leagues has been addressed as well, this is what has stopped me from starting my main long term save until now.

9 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Yes, goals are lower following the ME changes as a result of defensive improvements and tweaks to heading accuracy when players are being challenged directly by a defender.

For example in the Premier League, total goals per game went from around 3.1 per game to about 2.84 which should hopefully be a pretty good balance.

Thank you for confirming! 

EDIT : Just did a quick test run by simulating a couple of days forward. The first matchday that was played looked very promising in terms of goalscoring. Instantly gave me a 0-0 draw which would've been impossible before the update. Much appreciated! :) 

Screenshot 2023-11-30 at 17.01.48.png

Edited by makavali

1 hour ago, rp1966 said:

If that's the case it's great timing for me - I'm just finishing up a season.  Always better if an update hits between seasons as you've got pre-season to see if the changes have messed with your tactic.

Same here. Just finished my first season. Looking forward to using the patch on my 2nd season. 

1 hour ago, Kybo2105 said:

I know that upcoming patch won t fix all the bugs, it won t even with final update but it will fix the most common and reported ones by now. And you could stop play the game if you don t like it

Never said I didn't like it don't know where you've got that from

Just started a new save & even though it’s listed as fixed, wing play is still the preferred tactical style for a lot of managers :(. The vast majority of la liga managers (I created a post in the big forums about this already) & Brendan Rodgers/Philippe Clement have it set.

First game since update:

5fa31287c7e543b89805652979b9a10e.jpg

At least not a high scoring game, so that's refreshing. Also more substitutions by the AI, good!

What worries me a bit are the 22 corners, but let's give it a few games before coming to conclusions.

Edited by diLLa88

image.thumb.png.ca2fb31579a7ab140f542e9f73add940.png

Booted up a save where I happened to be watching the youth team in the youth UCL, actually decided to watch it again to see any change to the ME. First sub 76th minute, most of the players started in orange fitness, look at the bench.

This could be a one off cause of where I started or something I don't know, but that seems the same as before? Unless it's a new save only thing

14 minutes ago, Razor940 said:

My regens got the ids changed and now I can't use newgan manager because it uses the ids without the "r-"

Oh bejeezuz, yes ALL my squad, for whom I picked photos and added UIDs to my config one by one are gone :(

I don't use newgan, just do pics like the regular packs

Edited by phnompenhandy