Football Manager 2024 Official Feedback Thread

Really hate the interaction options.

Fagioli, who is suspended for 6 months, wants a new contract. Okay, I agreed but the problem is I can't give him what he wants because I don't have that much money left, so negotations are down, he is unhappy, whole team is unhappy and I can't do anything there because I don't have the option to say that we don't have any money and can't offer him a new contract with the amount he wants.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, another day, another player wants a new contract, told him we will talk at the end of the season, he doesn't want and so he is considering options. 🥲

Next inbox message, my key player gets injured for 4 months, sixth player from the beginning of the season to be injured more than three months ffs!!!

I didn't play beta or the almighty "early access" but this version it feels like I am exactly playing the beta version. 🙃

3 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

I love Take Kubo, he was incredible when I saw Sociedad play last year, never thought of playing him in goal tho 😂

Haha! You were dead right to mock me. What was I thinking!? I panicked and loaned the first player I saw in the player list without making sure he was a keeper. Christ almighty, not my finest moment as a top flight manager.

I'm only sorry for your own keeper injury.

Started a save in Brazil 3rd division. Didn't get my youth intake that seems is meant to be in October. I am in January now. Will I get a youth intake this year? I did start my save halfway through the Brazilian season in July. Would that effect it? 

Just had another random arguement with a player and then got me thinking.... i argued with other players before in all previous FM's (and i do know players can be childish) but then i remember the '2000' AI responses SI had claimed to be added to FM24.

I had completely forgot about the potential conversations i could've had with players that would have resolved an arguement over length of time... but because the game engine was so good... i forgot. 

Now im getting into the nitty gritty and onto my 3rd season, i have realised the conversations are near enough the same as previous editions. Basically 2 chances talking to you player then over!.

I thought the 2000 Ai responses wouldve filled out the conversation more. Making the player/agent a bit more real. But it still feels to me, 2 chance saloon, then bully the player into submission like Alex Ferguson. 

I always start off with best Coaching badges but the lower league football rep option, as i always like the 'Mourinio' career, so i understand the 'mentality' aspect of FM...(basically consistantly berate 'professional' players) but honestly SI... fill out the conversation and humanise the player/agents a bit more so its easier for US players to figure out what answer is right, without offending the player

Edited by greenz81

2 hours ago, Bobek said:

Anybody else thinks that strikers are doing bad at FM 24? I think that they score to less goals and to be honest I think that they dont get much opportunities to strike a goal (mine and SI's) for example Kane in Bundesliga only 6 goals in 12 matches, Haaland 11 in 15 and they are top scorers... 

Just finished my first season with City, Haaland scored 46 in all competitions, but would miss loads in big games when I needed a goal and he would score loads (brace or hattrick) in games that were already won, so yeah I agree with you to a certain extent. 

1 hour ago, rich10 said:

Haha! You were dead right to mock me. What was I thinking!? I panicked and loaned the first player I saw in the player list without making sure he was a keeper. Christ almighty, not my finest moment as a top flight manager.

I'm only sorry for your own keeper injury.

I watched him play against Espanyol and he played out on the left and was unbelievable. FM rates him the same in that position as they do in goal so you can take solace from that.

I can't recommend a trip to San Sebastian highly enough especially if you can sneak in a Sociedad game like we were able to 

1 hour ago, Deano565 said:

I found the beta unplayable due to the goalkeeper injuries, lack of AI subs, unrealistic number of goals, mentoring taking a straight copy of the senior player's personality, and issues with player interactions, amongst others. 

After a couple of days resisting playing the full release, knowing that most issues weren't fixed, I succumbed and thought I'd start. Some of it must be fixed, surely?

38 mins into my first friendly, first choice goalkeeper breaks his arm. 70 mins in, second choice goalkeeper breaks his arm. 

This thread may as well be closed until a patch is released. It's quite obvious what the core 10 issues are. 

I feel your pain brother

Ederson Injury.png

4 minutes ago, The About Average Jake said:

Just finished my first season with City, Haaland scored 46 in all competitions, but would miss loads in big games when I needed a goal and he would score loads (brace or hattrick) in games that were already won, so yeah I agree with you to a certain extent. 

haaland.thumb.PNG.07f6a741b7dd2a8ed4643f932b4ad23a.PNG

You obviously have cheat mode on!!!! In my save he was out 6 months for cruci ligi... HE'S HUMAN!!!

2 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

haaland.thumb.PNG.07f6a741b7dd2a8ed4643f932b4ad23a.PNG

You obviously have cheat mode on!!!! In my save he was out 6 months for cruci ligi... HE'S HUMAN!!!

Ha! And in my save he was out for a month.

He missed both legs of the champions league semi final VS Real Madrid and I had Ederson out for 4 months because "GK injuries" but still somehow manged to beat them and then narrowly beat Bayern Munich in the final. 

To be fair 37 in 37 isn't to far off what he got in my first season either. I hope the following 2 seasons aren't foreshadowing what's yet to come for me.... 

7 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

It does when it's the majority of games for all teams over a season. Stop looking at the scorelines (yes crazy ones happen, seeing a 0-0 and a 1-0 however shouldn't make your mouth drop which it does in FM24) and look at the total amount of goals

I'm honestly not seeing these huge scoring games, just teams at the top (for example, in my Liverpool save) getting, on average, 1 concession for every 2 goals they score, which doesn't seem out of the ordinary. image.thumb.png.2dcd175e761a9d0d5c8882532d2ffd48.png

image.png.e16d1164d8fde35bfd997c42461b4c1a.png

1 hour ago, JordanMilly said:

I'm honestly not seeing these huge scoring games, just teams at the top (for example, in my Liverpool save) getting, on average, 1 concession for every 2 goals they score, which doesn't seem out of the ordinary. image.thumb.png.2dcd175e761a9d0d5c8882532d2ffd48.png

I'm not seeing routinely high scoring games either.

5 hours ago, Bobek said:

Anybody else thinks that strikers are doing bad at FM 24? I think that they score to less goals and to be honest I think that they dont get much opportunities to strike a goal (mine and SI's) for example Kane in Bundesliga only 6 goals in 12 matches, Haaland 11 in 15 and they are top scorers... 

Mbappe scored 52 goals for me over a season.

9 hours ago, Iakovenko said:

Player unhappiness is just crazy. I have  a player with SLT next to his name because he wants to leave because of the interest showed in him. The reason there's even any interest in him is because I've hired an intermediary to get rid of him and have accepted every bid that's been made. Wasn't unhappy before I tried to get rid of him, isn't unhappy because I tried to get rid of him but unhappy because the transfer hasn't gone through yet which is completely out of my control.

Had this but he said he wanted to leave and the player then rejected every single bid I accepted for him from the very club he had gotten upset about not being allowed to join (plus other clubs I accepted bids from) and came to me and said "You didn't do enough to try and sell me" I just laughed at the screen and sent the idiot to the U21's HE eventually left after about the 20th bid I'd accepted for way less money than I'd initially negotiated.

The player interactions are so hilariously broken this version it is painful.

Targets........can someone explain the point of them.

16 minutes ago, StephenG said:

does this make any sense when you have this board vision?

image.png.586516136836c42bec01eb0e5b909afb.png

image.png.377d1b848d74d5564b54e25da021e373.png

I think we're seeing plenty of evidence to suggest "sense" isn't a design consideration......

But in answer to your question, it makes no sense unless you are absolutely broke or about to be sacked. 

Edited by janrzm

Still pottering around in my beta save until we get some bugs ironed out.

Thoughts on PLAYER TARGETS,

I'll caveat this by saying I've just really started paying attention to these as I viewed it as an easy way to avoid unnecessary player interactions..... I mean, what could possibly go wrong......

Here I got Lukas Lerager  (Senior player, Regular Starter, Resolute Personality) to agree to a very modest training target of 7.00.  Which he failed to achieve......so now I have to discuss this failure with him.

Does this make sense contextually???  I recall setting the target but I don't recall it guaranteeing his future?????  Due to his failure, he accepts you're no longer obliged to fulfil your promise to guarantee his future  I don't recall it being a case of "if you miss this training rating or your transfer listed"  nor was it "hit this training target and there's a new deal on the table". It makes little sense to me.

Moving on to discuss the failed target with him it gets no clearer.

If I hit PROMISE - He's delighted, but what am I guaranteeing? 

If I hit ENCOURAGE - I acknowledge his failure but encourage him to keep trying to hit the target so I can guarantee his future, but in what way?

If I hit DISMISS - We acknowledge he's failed to hit the target but we're not going to talk about it any time soon....... but there's no outcome.

It's absolutely a waste of time.

In contracts it looks like we can promise an increase in playing time for reaching targets, that makes sense. Surely that should be extended to these training promises, train well, play more. Train poorly, I'll reduce your playing time and you will accept it, and so on. Have I missed something????

SIDE NOTE ON TRAINING: Now I realise some players train badly, I realise not every player trains well, but what I'm seeing seems completely random. High one week, low the next, some players have never gotten above 7 despite having the right personalities. Risking talking to them hasn't helped, praise doesn't seem to work, criticism falls on deaf ears, an arm around the shoulder and a stern word......nothing. Very frustrating. It was a little tedious before having to constantly monitor it for someone who was going off course but at least you could generally get on top of it after an interaction or two. Here I've gone an entire season with some players training badly........ 

Lerager 1.png

Lerager 2.png

Edited by janrzm

Sometimes press conferences can be a full comedy. I started new save monday and took control vanarama national team Oxford city with a manager who has Sunday league footballer experience. Well in press there's a question "Do you think your past experience will benefit your working in Oxford city" (or something like that). A little condescending I would say. :D :D funny which is ok but sadly interactioning could be a a little more sophisticated.

How are people doing with scouting? 

I'm getting very few hits with specific ongoing recruitment. This one has been going over 12 months, 3 good scouts and an analyst have found 0 players over 4.5 stars to suggest for Fiorentina.

Same story with an identical search in Spain.

I have the top 2 leagues fully playable in both.

image.png.f603c1f438285ad350a4f53d5e56fe79.png

15 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

I'm getting very few hits with specific ongoing recruitment. This one has been going over 12 months, 3 good scouts and an analyst have found 0 players over 4.5 stars to suggest for Fiorentina.

Probably very restrictive.

Its only in one country, you have a high min potential rating and your club reputation may also preclude a lot of targets. You might find 1-2 five stars once every 2 seasons, I doubt you are going  to find that many with such a restrictive search

41 minutes ago, whatsupdoc said:

i usually set it minimum current abilty and 2 star potential abilty i tend to find a lot more good players remember the stars are based on comparison to players you have so as with my squad i tend to ignore the star rating and concentrate more on attributes hidden attributes and player traits 

10 hours ago, Bakiano said:

Okay, another day, another player wants a new contract, told him we will talk at the end of the season, he doesn't want and so he is considering options. 🥲

Next inbox message, my key player gets injured for 4 months, sixth player from the beginning of the season to be injured more than three months ffs!!!

I didn't play beta or the almighty "early access" but this version it feels like I am exactly playing the beta version. 🙃

you are

Some positive feedback, which is sometimes easy to forgot to include: 

Processing speeds this year are super fast, even with every league loading and all international players loaded. No idea how you've done it (or if its a by product of a bug), but well done! 

7 minutes ago, ChrisNUFC said:

Some positive feedback, which is sometimes easy to forgot to include: 

Processing speeds this year are super fast, even with every league loading and all international players loaded. No idea how you've done it (or if its a by product of a bug), but well done! 

Im gonna be cynical and say what the point of faster processing speed if you give up after 8 seasons because the AI cant build a squad properly :p

Also, why is the demo removed from steam....

1 hour ago, whatsupdoc said:

That’s a high bar and even though it’s Italy it’s a small pool.

Just now, eXistenZ said:

Im gonna be cynical and say what the point of faster processing speed if you give up after 8 seasons because the AI cant build a squad properly :p

The moment you start a game your AI opponents are regressing. You can still make a reasonable challenge of a save for a few seasons but ultinately, it kind of undermines everything.

Well, my lower league save for sure sees new record high scoring games:

After 23 matches i have my Team 106 Goals scored and 25 conceded.

The good AI Teams have scored 60 to 70 at most.

The new record match (league) is a 14:2 win for my Team.

I dont remember having scored so much in a regular match ever and maybe once or twice i had friendlies that were above ten goals scored.

Edited by Etebaer

16 minutes ago, eXistenZ said:

There could be someone with SI who has worked towards improving processing speeds, sitting there wondering if anyone has noticed or not. But also, I've given lots of 'negative' feedback, so trying to balance it out. 

7 minutes ago, ChrisNUFC said:

There could be someone with SI who has worked towards improving processing speeds, sitting there wondering if anyone has noticed or not. But also, I've given lots of 'negative' feedback, so trying to balance it out. 

oh dont get me wrong, this in itself is a great feat and they should advertise it more (definitly more than the "licensed" J league), but in the end all parts have to work properly to have a functional and enjoyable product

11 minutes ago, Lempicka said:

I'd love to know the rationale behind the decision to add face paints to manager customisation. Not only do I find it baffling that time was spent adding this - but that someone thought it was good idea. After all the criticism of last year, I though SI would have steered clear of this type of stuff and focused more on noticeable visual improvements.

Me: "I play in a home stadium that only has one floodlight and it looks so unrealistic. Will it be fixed next year?"

SI: "Here, have some face paints for your manager."

I give it 5 years before SI/SEGA are trying to sell manager customisation DLC packs. It's not as if the base price of the game and in-game editor haven't increased nearly every season over the last 5 years. 

1 hour ago, Rashidi said:

Probably very restrictive.

Its only in one country, you have a high min potential rating and your club reputation may also preclude a lot of targets. You might find 1-2 five stars once every 2 seasons, I doubt you are going  to find that many with such a restrictive search

1 hour ago, Mush1983 said:

i usually set it minimum current abilty and 2 star potential abilty i tend to find a lot more good players remember the stars are based on comparison to players you have so as with my squad i tend to ignore the star rating and concentrate more on attributes hidden attributes and player traits 

I'm not so sure about that. I have 68 (5 star) reports for players under 20 in one year. It just doesn't seem to find anything / anyone when I set it to 4.5 but a specific area / competition.

image.thumb.png.c2f3b8e4e43502acf81dc201cfde3d92.png

image.png.f7f879408f1feedd017964364c3170e1.png

Edited by whatsupdoc

9 hours ago, JordanMilly said:

Whilst the premier league is still over consistently, it's more the lower leagues (so 2nd tier, 3rd tier etc) where the issue is exacerbated.

image.png.71a3293d7b13349c9df89162cfe1f527.png

image.png.f0586ddd5b588db77ee12871325eb167.png

(Full table on the bug link)

image.thumb.png.afb971ed9648a71bbb7ec68383a10704.png

image.png.c734316c2b9f1757b06b07f67e994502.png

image.thumb.png.42ee99cb23724c26a1de9c3ae2de897d.png

For clarity, the above picture in the championship is 3 seasons in, and after 40 games... so still 6 left to play and it's already at +467 goals for the season compared to the average IRL. 

9 minutes ago, Domoboy23 said:

Whilst the premier league is still over consistently, it's more the lower leagues (so 2nd tier, 3rd tier etc) where the issue is exacerbated.

image.png.71a3293d7b13349c9df89162cfe1f527.png

image.png.f0586ddd5b588db77ee12871325eb167.png

(Full table on the bug link)

image.thumb.png.afb971ed9648a71bbb7ec68383a10704.png

image.png.c734316c2b9f1757b06b07f67e994502.png

image.thumb.png.42ee99cb23724c26a1de9c3ae2de897d.png

For clarity, the above picture in the championship is 3 seasons in, and after 40 games... so still 6 left to play and it's already at +467 goals for the season compared to the average IRL. 

It's difficult though because in the Bundesliga last season there was 3.17 goals per game and so far this season there has been 3.64 goals per game. So those numbers are not too far off a higher scoring league like the Bundesliga. And if you were playing Bundesliga and there was only 2.4 goals per game it would be just as reasonable to say that it is equally unrealistic as the Championship having 3.2 goals per game. And it has to be almost impossible to replicate the quite dramatic difference in goals that exists between higher and low scoring leagues with one match engine.

Maybe the championship managers are set to use too attacking/direct tactics in the database.

It's almost always a case with English AI managers being set to use too direct formations like 4-4-2 or 4-2-4

And what i mean by attacking or direct, if you check an AI manager in the database, you will find that so many lower league english managers have over 13 stats in attacking and directness on their tactical profiles...

1 hour ago, Lempicka said:

I'd love to know the rationale behind the decision to add face paints to manager customisation. Not only do I find it baffling that time was spent adding this - but that someone thought it was good idea. After all the criticism of last year, I thought SI would have steered clear of this type of stuff and focused more on noticeable visual improvements.

Me: "I play in a home stadium that only has one floodlight and it looks so unrealistic. Will it be fixed next year?"

SI: "Here, have some face paints for your manager."

Next year they will add a blindfold.....then you won't notice that single floodlight. :lol:

Also... maybe the goalkeepers are not as good as expected in the current ME... Here is a high scoring game in my save , 4-5 in which both keepers were performing terrible...

The number of shots was fine, xg was fine... the keepers were rubbish

image.thumb.png.53d787ab07bf4f256aa74d40dc759072.png

image.thumb.png.e46d9e8b2f524d72b23ec5abf4ec8628.png