FM24 Early Access Official Feedback Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Many non-top teams have too much possession (average). Bologna 54%, Monza 57% (wingplay 3CB lol)

I think they should push the ball forward more than play backward passes. These types of passes should be intercepted more often by opposition

Manager movements have always been unrealistic and quite frankly rubbish imo, no different this year. Enzo Maresca bringing Leicester up and then immediately leaving for Crystal Palace? Not a chance would that happen irl. The managerial merry go round at big clubs after 5 or so years too is poor, same faces just swapping clubs.

7 hours ago, daveh83 said:

Anyone noticing a prob with keepers??? No matter what the keeper he’s prone to letting in 3/5 shots and getting 6.0s all time. Is this a known issue. 

Yep I will have 3 shots against and that’s pretty much 3 goals 😂 went 62 games now in league without winning a game with a clean sheet 

Based on what i saw at others, i would say saudi money need to be tone done abit man lol. The wages and offers are way to crazy in FM24, not realistic imo. 

Plus Real Madrid, injuries on Militao is 6 to 9 months and Courtois around 9 months. Ingame they are on 12 months, not correct either! :(

5 hours ago, anagain said:

If there's more than those in your pics then it needs to be bugged. Maybe it is already. If there is an issue, then the more save game examples SI have the more they know to finetune. :D

Wages in Saudi are pretty big though irl.

image.png.825822ebf84964d1dcf69b420789c795.png

Ye i agree, from what i saw by others its been to much. Varane sold 250 mil to a saudi club, lol thats way to much. Or Estupinian on a 950k pounds per week salary. Also the contract should be more short term, 2 a 3 years. But its clear its to much and unrealistic. 

2 minutes ago, f.zaarour said:

Ye i agree, from what i saw by others its been to much. Varane sold 250 mil to a saudi club, lol thats way to much. Or Estupinian on a 950k pounds per week salary. Also the contract should be more short term, 2 a 3 years. But its clear its to much and unrealistic. 

Please report these things in the bug tracker to let SI take a look.

2 minutes ago, XaW said:

Please report these things in the bug tracker to let SI take a look.

Oh i saw it by others, i myself dont have the game otherwise i would do that ofcourse. The lad above alrdy posted alot about it so hope he gonna do it about this matter. 

Just now, f.zaarour said:

Oh i saw it by others, i myself dont have the game otherwise i would do that ofcourse. The lad above alrdy posted alot about it so hope he gonna do it about this matter. 

Ah, ok, well this is a thread for feedback on how the game works, so please add your feedback if/when you get it. The only way for SI to fix things are though bug reports, so if you spot this elsewhere, please make sure to point them to the bug tracker too.

44 минуты назад, KeegBCFC сказал:

Enzo Maresca bringing Leicester up and then immediately leaving for Crystal Palace? Not a chance would that happen irl.

A foreigner may not want to exchange a league newcomer for a club in the capital?

I don’t know if you played earlier FM, but 6-8 years ago there was real randomness in the case of managers signing. It's much more authentic now.

Edited by Novem9

8 minutes ago, Novem9 said:

A foreigner may not want to exchange a league newcomer for a club in the capital?

I don’t know if you played earlier FM, but 6-8 years ago there was real randomness in the case of managers signing. It's much more authentic now.

He has played in the country, been coaching in the country for 5 years, and Leicester are a bigger club than Palace. I don't find that move realistic in the slightest. 

4 minutes ago, KeegBCFC said:

He has played in the country, been coaching in the country for 5 years, and Leicester are a bigger club than Palace. I don't find that move realistic in the slightest. 

I disagree with you. Despite leicesters title win Palace are still a bigger club than Leicester. It isn't an unrealistic switch.

1 hour ago, kiwityke1983 said:

Depends if your squad get a case of the lacking depth meltdowns about them, even though your squad depth is fine.

If they do it's very annoying to the point I couldn't be bothered carrying on after 1 season and started again.

Second save not had any major issues at all and had a great time.

I had this too but seemed to be because I had increased the quality with a handful of signings so my 3/4th choices were so crap the squad discounted them? Was my assumption. 

1 час назад, Novem9 сказал:

Many non-top teams have too much possession (average). Bologna 54%, Monza 57% (wingplay 3CB lol)

I think they should push the ball forward more than play backward passes. These types of passes should be intercepted more often by opposition

I will add that despite the bright wow effect and progress of the match engine, I am glad that this is a beta version.

ME definitely has a vibe of FM23. The behavior of F9 looks less complex than in FM22. Now this is closer to DLF than to a solo striker, which can solve a lot of things. MEZ looks more chaotic and not as effective. 

I hope SI will have time to make a necessary changes for the release version. Unfortunately, it is difficult for me to describe and focus on specific examples. It feels a little too fluid when judging any match as a whole. Big teams are too soft, and weaker ones are fraught with surprises even for themselves.

The feeling is teams with positive or attacking mentality ignore instructions such as short passing or work ball into box. Priority is shots and moving forward. This makes some sense, but I don't feel the difference between 433 possession and 4231dm direct attacks

Edited by Novem9

8 minutes ago, Mitza said:

Will there be any patch notes or detailed feature list at launch? Or do we just get the big feature blogs and we have to guess the rest?

Don't think ever SI have released patch notes at a full release, as it's technically only the full game as it is. What we are playing now are just a test version, not the actual game.

7 horas atrás, anagain disse:

If there's more than those in your pics then it needs to be bugged. Maybe it is already. If there is an issue, then the more save game examples SI have the more they know to finetune. :D

Wages in Saudi are pretty big though irl.

image.png.825822ebf84964d1dcf69b420789c795.png

8 horas atrás, Rofocale disse:

I believe the Saudi power needs to be toned down heavily. The money they spend is completely over the top. Every new Star Player gets 50 million or more

image.thumb.png.e46f718743ffa8e0112abe3f704c5a51.png

image.thumb.png.4251cc3d3ec55868ff1306002065b0aa.png

image.thumb.png.d80f4a3f0f598486230f958d9839e49d.png

Even mediocre players like Friedl get similar wages like Mendy or Milinkovic-Savic.

image.thumb.png.1665575b04d0c4826c2fa38e34be2ef1.png

image.thumb.png.b829c181dbaf9d90a4a65f338ba50322.png

The wages are fine, that's not the issue. The issue is the transfer fees. The Saudis spend a lot of money but they are not giving 100 million or more as a transfer fee for Varane or Casemiro like i have seen. They could give 150 M for the likes of Salah for sure but they literally spend 100 million as transfer fees on everyone. That needs to be toned down for sure, the wages are accurate imo, they have a ton of money.

Side note: I never understood where these contracts for Benzema or Kanté came from. Benzema is not on the same salary as Ronaldo, Benzema signed a 100 million euros per year contract for 2 seasons, Kanté signed a 100 million euros/4 year contract...which means he's on 25 million a year. Yet ive seen so many articles saying they are on 100 or 200 million per year, it's not true.

6 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

I'm presuming the listed nationality is their primary nationality until they represent that nation at senior level. So they'll have eligible second nationality. No issue if that is what you were pointing out IMO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peru–South_Korea_relations

Sadly not, none of those players have South Korean second nationality, nor even play in South Korea. Definitely a bug.

Even if they were, there's less than 2000 South Koreans living in Peru, the chances of even one of them playing for the national team are extremely slim, let alone seven. The Chinese and Sri Lankan players also don't have any SK second nationality.

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 09.16.36.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 09.16.14.jpg

Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 09.16.04.jpg

Edited by rjferguson90

2 hours ago, KeegBCFC said:

Nothing wrong with joining Palace from Leicester, similar size club and alot of people want to be based in London.

18 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

Sadly not, none of those players have South Korean second nationality, nor even play in South Korea. Definitely a bug.

Even if they were, there's less than 2000 South Koreans living in Peru, the chances of even one of them playing for the national team are extremely slim, let alone seven. The Chinese and Sri Lankan players also don't have any SK second nationality.

Please create a thread in the bug tracker, interesting.

46 minutes ago, rjferguson90 said:

It needs to be bugged for changes to be made. I haven't checked if anyone has or hasn't, but as you have good examples it won't hurt anything for you to make a bug report and include a save file.

There does seem to be something odd there. My first thought, like others, was that they had dual nationality. It may be in the background. Bug it and I'm sure SI can see. :D

Judging by the date of your game it also seems as if it might be limited to regens. I've checked my save, near game start, and all South Korean.

Are there any other nations with U19s having non-Koreans in your save?

It might be because I saw a load of hype from people about this game, but I am very underwhelmed so far.

ME is better, but I don't like what I see from a pressing POV (lots of dull passes between CBs and no team wants to press) and as I mentioned before, player interactions are a mess.

It's not a bad game, just not sure I consider it good yet.

6 hours ago, Novem9 said:

I simulated save on 104k database (17 leagues in 7 countries + many advanced players by national/continental rep). Its season 2030/31 in this moment.

• I'm glad to see big clubs give a chance for newgens:
    image.png.cb8c340f0d1c32dfe229bd62a3818380.png

• Loans for young players look more active too. Some players still have no official games in 21 years. But there are definitely fewer of them. Moreover, their attributes are not hopeless. I don’t have the opportunity to check their CA/PA yet.
  • Teams try to keep balance between young players and veterans. It seems much better average age in general. I play a journeyman and it will be difficult for me to return to FM22. There I had to improve squad for 2-3 seasons. In most clubs that I have checked in this simulation, at first glance the teams need minimal or no changes in squad.
  • Diversity of winners in eurocups and national leagues. Even in the Bundesliga there is no hegemony of one club. Only Paris, but they are very strong and have won the Champions League twice.
  • Newgens atributes realistic. At least more realistic than before
  • Youth teams don't have the same number of older players as before
  • Sponsopships are more fluid. I feel succesful clubs have better contracts. Not only Premier League clubs have a huge sponsopship
  • AI clubs have better chance for hold positions after promotions.
  • At the same time, clubs look more stable from season to season. I mean, it's become more consistent.
  • Newgens grow much faster. I like this, because in FM22 it was slowly imo. This looks like FM21 times, but more balanced. Very important for long saves!
    image.png.ef84d712a0504a7c4eef986c5612c4ed.png

• Finances/balance looks fine. Some clubs are rich, some have any issues with balance. I don’t see billions on the balance of some (hello, Dortmund and Bayern) and a deep minus for others.

Strange things.

Clubs like Benfica/Ajax spend a lot of money on salaries. Ajax - 7mln p/a for Star Player. Benfica 11 mln (!) for Bakayoko, 9 mln for Zaniolo, 9.6 mln for Vitinha, 9 mln for Gakpo. 

image.png.cd69857356534f6bc10957afee59090d.png

I'm not sure if this is what the Portuguese club want to do. 

Barcelona has two GK, they have the lowest salaries in the first team. Ter Stegen finished career and Barca just forgot to buy a new top GK.

image.thumb.png.d212eae8cc63d2b2cbe7d988e69354fc.png

Bayern Munich wage budget. The same for Madrid, Chelsea, Arsenal. Who knows how it will be in 2030, but I want to see any reasonable limit, AI wage gap for this. 

image.png.911b798f4ca36cb6c10a1146a823cb6d.png

Talking about gap, not sure La Liga salary gap works fine in FM24. It seems to me that club salaries should be higher. But need feedback from other players

This hair is... weird? It's hard for me to say how often I saw this. But it definitely catches your eye. And it seems like this hair everywhere.
David Luiz and Collocini had a rather rare hairstyle. FM24 risks becoming a lion's mane meme. Really, we deserve better newgens faces :( 

image.png.70fd78d5dcbaf8728a85e49b205e5f12.png

That looks promising. Appears the youth development bug has been fixed. 

35 minutes ago, janrzm said:

The only way to navigate player/team interactions safely is by saving first. It will most likely always be this way.....

There's far far too much RNG involved in interactions and there should be literally zero involved.

They should work in a logical way using some form of logic gates or as someone said previously each option should give you a percentage chance of a positive/negative reaction.

Which sounds gamey but as humans we have the ability to read a room or someone's body language so this is a way of including that.

Right now it's basically a 50/50 dice roll everytime to see if the player is a nutcase or not.

6 hours ago, ajw10 said:

ME is better, but I don't like what I see from a pressing POV (lots of dull passes between CBs and no team wants to press)

Something is either off with the pressing, or with the stats. The spread of OPPDA values is way too narrow. Just seems like all teams are playing much too similar, with the better teams just having more of the ball translating to more wins.

image.thumb.png.c6d49d57db6b0e6d20517bdfc12a4b11.png

Ran all England leagues on full detail and the spread is very similar all the way down the leagues.

Edited by Thalo

1 hour ago, Thalo said:

Something is either off with the pressing, or with the stats. The spread of OPPDA values is way too narrow. Just seems like all teams are playing much too similar, with the better teams just having more of the ball translating to more wins.

image.thumb.png.c6d49d57db6b0e6d20517bdfc12a4b11.png

Ran all England leagues on full detail and the spread is very similar all the way down the leagues.

Would seem that teams are actually too effective at pressing if the real world stats are to be believed as they range between 9 & 25 PPDA from the stats I found.

So the person you were replying to was right pressing is off but in the entirely wrong direction.

PPDA doesnt always show how well a team presses, sometimes it can just show that the opposite team didnt care about keeping the ball for long.

You see it in Scotland in real life, like a few seasons back, where almost every team had really low PPDA scores against Livingston. Not because it was really effective to press Livingston, but just because they got the ball and instantly thumped it towards Lyndon Dykes who was instantly involved in a duel.

The above issues might be down to pressing, but might also be down to how teams are acting in possession.

As I keep playing I'm still noticing the small touches (pun not intended) that didn't happen before. Now, this was against my team, but at least I can say I know why it was given as a pen...

tuNODX1.gif

1 minute ago, XaW said:

As I keep playing I'm still noticing the small touches (pun not intended) that didn't happen before. Now, this was against my team, but at least I can say I know why it was given as a pen...

tuNODX1.gif

I saw that the other day but different context. The foul was committed and the player wash pushed away afterwards. Nice Touch. 

54 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

PPDA doesnt always show how well a team presses, sometimes it can just show that the opposite team didnt care about keeping the ball for long.

You see it in Scotland in real life, like a few seasons back, where almost every team had really low PPDA scores against Livingston. Not because it was really effective to press Livingston, but just because they got the ball and instantly thumped it towards Lyndon Dykes who was instantly involved in a duel.

The above issues might be down to pressing, but might also be down to how teams are acting in possession.

The original guy is still wrong though because if teams weren't pressing and there were a lot of passes around the back as per his claims PPDA would be higher than expected not much lower.

Just had a big problem related to transfers. Took over at Lanus in Argentina. Our best players were in contract talks with big European clubs and I couldn't intervene as their release clauses had been met. I was ok with this as I would be able to reinvest the money in new transfers. I agreed the below deals well in advance of the transfer deadline (at least 3-4 days before the window was to close).

The days ticked by and nothing happened. Transfer deadline came and went and all transfers were cancelled due to 'issues' (no idea). This was also the case for outgoing deals to other Argentine clubs. Do transfers just take longer to complete this year? If so, what is the point in 'taking part' in deadline day to secure late deals?

image.thumb.png.0ada4493f6fe034689d54168c7122c13.png

image.thumb.png.4624e8921434506c78dfadd8b77c4762.png

13 hours ago, Novem9 said:

I disagree with this I’ve never liked the fact that when you play in lower divisions the players just boot the ball up for no good reason even when they’re not under pressure and I think it’s a “lazy” way of solving the issue. 
I would rather them rework pressing to give more control to the user and AI that way if your press is effective you will force the other team into an error and you won’t need to “artificially” make them boot the ball up to lose possession. They other alternative which they are already trying to implement is more inaccurate passes and first touch from players with bad passing attributes and technique 

8 minutes ago, DarJ said:

They other alternative which they are already trying to implement is more inaccurate passes and first touch from players with bad passing attributes and technique 

I think this year is the best implementation of this we've had. There's a definite noticeable difference between a lower division side and an elite one.

I also notice my team giving the ball away more with passes being intercepted by other elite sides than against lower ones.

Edited by kiwityke1983

14 minutes ago, kiwityke1983 said:

The original guy is still wrong though because if teams weren't pressing and there were a lot of passes around the back as per his claims PPDA would be higher than expected not much lower.

Aye thats fair, im just not a fan at all of PPDA, and certainly not when trying to gauge pressing.

Used alongside other metrics in a scatter is necessary. 

12 hours ago, Novem9 said:

The feeling is teams with positive or attacking mentality ignore instructions such as short passing or work ball into box. Priority is shots and moving forward. This makes some sense, but I don't feel the difference between 433 possession and 4231dm direct attacks

I think it’s the opposite. I think they follow instructions more now. I was playing against Barcelona and they way my tactics is setup although I don’t really care about possession that much, I will still have most of the ball so in the game I went 1-0 down and Barcelona were just passing the ball around for fun and at this point I only had 30% of the ball so I decided that since I’m not seeing most of the ball anyway I might as well try to go a bit direct and I ended up winning 2-1 and in both goals it too 3 to 4 passes before the goal was scored 

Just some venting out.. I feel gutted that my friend (sorry if reading:D) can play high tempo, short passing, high press game with a team from vanarama south and get 2 straight promotions. What's the point in this game if any attribute base team can pull this off? It absolutely eats away motivation to play this game as it feels like lying to yourself you're doing something right..

3 minutes ago, Pasonen said:

Just some venting out.. I feel gutted that my friend (sorry if reading:D) can play high tempo, short passing, high press game with a team from vanarama south and get 2 straight promotions. What's the point in this game if any attribute base team can pull this off? It absolutely eats away motivation to play this game as it feels like lying to yourself you're doing something right..

Attributes are relative to the division you're playing. If he's playing that way against Premier League level teams and winning then it's a problem.

I've never understood the notion that a lower division team shouldn't be able to play a certain way when in reality they only play against opposition of similar quality