Infantino: "I know what it feels to be discriminated.. I was bullied because I had red hair"

JD nawrat

• JD nawrat changed the title to Infantino: "I know what it feels to be discriminated.. I was bullied because I had red hair"

Pathetic atempt of a speech... convinces no one and only serves for washing fifa... the worst part was one of the fifa board member coming out as gay right after... as to sustain his boss that fifa is a normal and modern organization... its not, just a very (proven) corrupt one with no morals or dignity.

16 hours ago, Astafjevs said:

Eg3XVY2XsAAA_IY.jpeg.4315efa9d685f3c0174bbd6d0f6247d9.jpeg

This is the funny thing about political correctness and selectively standing up for groups of people.  If suffering is relative, why is it okay to make a mockery of one person's experience but not the other?

I am not ginger myself, but I am sure for some of the gingers who were slagged quite relentlessly in school, it was no laughing matter.  Short men and bald men developing mental health problems is quite well documented, sometimes leading to suicide, yet calling a man a short arse or bald bastard is perfectly acceptable, generally speaking - especially if that short or bald man is a public enemy.

It seems to me we require the word racism to describe specifically discrimination or name-calling based on what effectively amounts to the colour of one's skin in the modern, civilised world because we still practice and enjoy discrimination based on appearance as part of our daily lives.

1 hour ago, larry crowne said:

This is the funny thing about political correctness and selectively standing up for groups of people.  If suffering is relative, why is it okay to make a mockery of one person's experience but not the other?

I am not ginger myself, but I am sure for some of the gingers who were slagged quite relentlessly in school, it was no laughing matter.  Short men and bald men developing mental health problems is quite well documented, sometimes leading to suicide, yet calling a man a short arse or bald bastard is perfectly acceptable, generally speaking - especially if that short or bald man is a public enemy.

It seems to me we require the word racism to describe specifically discrimination or name-calling based on what effectively amounts to the colour of one's skin in the modern, civilised world because we still practice and enjoy discrimination based on appearance as part of our daily lives.

Your point about people with those characteristics being unfairly considered legitimate targets (and the effect it can have on them) is valid, but otherwise I think that's a false comparision to make. I don't think being bald, short, redheaded or anything like that has ever been grounds to deny people rights, consider them legally inferior, or forbid them from being themselves on grounds of imprisonment or worse. Even with the point you're trying to make, I don't think physical characteristics alone have ever made people anywhere near as big a target as other groups, whether it's the amount of bullying and discrimination they get or the severity of it. Even being noticably neurodivergent means you're likely to get it a lot worse. It's absurd to try and claim one is even remotely like the other.

2 hours ago, deltablue said:

Your point about people with those characteristics being unfairly considered legitimate targets (and the effect it can have on them) is valid, but otherwise I think that's a false comparision to make. I don't think being bald, short, redheaded or anything like that has ever been grounds to deny people rights, consider them legally inferior, or forbid them from being themselves on grounds of imprisonment or worse. Even with the point you're trying to make, I don't think physical characteristics alone have ever made people anywhere near as big a target as other groups, whether it's the amount of bullying and discrimination they get or the severity of it. Even being noticably neurodivergent means you're likely to get it a lot worse. It's absurd to try and claim one is even remotely like the other.

Yes, you are mostly likely quite right that no one has been considered legally inferior or denied rights based on their hair colour, their status as follicly challenged nor their height.  It used to be the case in Britain that police officers had to be above a certain height, however, and this is still the case in at least the British army.  When was the last time these restrictions applied in, for example, Britain for any other group?  It seems to me that most of the so-called racism we have today in the west is name calling, in which case it is comparable to heightism, baldism and gingerphobia.  Take for example in football, where SI have been having various messages in their games for over 20 years about 'kicking racism out of football'.  Where exactly is the racism in football?  Is it simply louts in the stands and social media shouting a load of nonsense at members of opposing teams, or something more sinister?

I am not sure who you are referring to when you say some groups are forbidden from being themselves?  By that do you mean that homosexuality and so on is not permissible everywhere in the world?

8 minutes ago, Rafalution said:

I mean this is just absolute nonsense. 

I mean, that statement adds nothing to the conversation.

Please, go ahead and demonstrate that most racism in the UK is something other than name calling.  That is not meant to diminish the effects of race-based name calling, by the way.  I am sure it hurts the feelings of the people who are targets of it.

22 minutes ago, larry crowne said:

It seems to me that most of the so-called racism we have today in the west is name calling, in which case it is comparable to heightism, baldism and gingerphobia.

Racism is thriving ffs. There are racist political parties getting big support in many countries and non-inclusive policies are getting more and more common. Thinking racism isn't much of an issue today is delusional.

Just now, Mr Wallin said:

Racism is thriving ffs. There are racist political parties getting big support in many countries and non-inclusive policies are getting more and more common. Thinking racism isn't much of an issue today is delusional.

I was referring to the UK and perhaps the US.  Do you believe there are overtly racist political parties getting big support in either of those countries?  If so, which 'non-inclusive' and presumably racist policies are you referring to?

I mean, that statement adds nothing to the conversation.

Please, go ahead and demonstrate that most racism in the UK is something other than name calling.  That is not meant to diminish the effects of race-based name calling, by the way.  I am sure it hurts the feelings of the people who are targets of it.

Can you please explain what you mean with race-based name calling? Preferably with some examples.

The delivery was the worst thing for me. Say all the bollocks you want, but don't dramatically pause as if you're in an Oscar film and not reading your notes and you're reading the smartest most profound thing ever. Can cut the running time to a quarter.

12 minutes ago, Wolf_pd said:

Can you please explain what you mean with race-based name calling? Preferably with some examples.

Calling someone a bad name based on the colour of their skin.  For example, the way Ron Atkinson described Marcel Dessailly once.

If most racism in the UK and US is someone calling someone else a bad name, then you get into the motivation.  Are they simply angry or frustrated with that person, or is it a sincerely held belief about that person's race which influences their behaviour towards them?

I was referring to the UK and perhaps the US.  Do you believe there are overtly racist political parties getting big support in either of those countries?  If so, which 'non-inclusive' and presumably racist policies are you referring to?

You don't think brexit was rooted in racism?

You don't think policing in this country is institutionally racist?

Edited by Rafalution

29 minutes ago, larry crowne said:

Calling someone a bad name based on the colour of their skin.  For example, the way Ron Atkinson described Marcel Dessailly once.

If most racism in the UK and US is someone calling someone else a bad name, then you get into the motivation.  Are they simply angry or frustrated with that person, or is it a sincerely held belief about that person's race which influences their behaviour towards them?

My dog started to bark reading this.

37 minutes ago, larry crowne said:

You must have been in a coma when George Floyd was murdered because of the colour of his skin.

3 hours ago, git2thachoppa said:

The delivery was the worst thing for me. Say all the bollocks you want, but don't dramatically pause as if you're in an Oscar film and not reading your notes and you're reading the smartest most profound thing ever. Can cut the running time to a quarter.

I'm just disappointed he didn't arrange a violin concerto in the background. Maybe the internet can do it for him...

2 hours ago, enigmatic said:

I'm just disappointed he didn't arrange a violin concerto in the background. Maybe the internet can do it for him...

could've learnt from Blatter there, maybe he should've put a bandage on 

could've then taken it as part of the campaign against social media abuse, that it really hurts irl

13 hours ago, larry crowne said:

The GOP is the party of bigotry. Get a ****ing clue.