*Official* Football Manager 2023 Feedback Thread

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Domoboy23 said:

Let's inject some visible passion into rivalries. Let us use the flare ups to create our own narratives and rivalries and hated players you target to go in hard on or vow to never sign! Let us jump out of our seats at those high tackles. Let's watch our hot headed 17 year old newgen making his debut get sent off after 5 minutes and never play under you again! Let's put some atmosphere into a very dull and sterile matchday.

My general takeaway from FM22 was that players with poor temperament showed no difference in how many yellow or red cards they got compared to the average player. 

I do agree that these aspects of the game add to the immersion. In the premier league we have just seen the saga between Ten Hag and Ronaldo. It is in the game, in that players can complain and other players can take sides and if you back down to a player then certain players can think less of you, but you don't for example see players publicly criticize you with quotes to the media.

I also do wonder what the dirtiness attribute does other than the player diving occasionally. Do they foul more?

I really have to reinforce the feeling that the defence is broken. I’m managing Parma. Buffon is on a average bellow 6.3. Most of the goals I concede are either from defensive errors or balls over the top. 

I like challenges, but this feels unfair.

Edited by Beltsu

3 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

I read in another topic that pc and touch version's match engine are same. So maybe they are waiting other area's fixes to combine with ME fixes in one update for pc.

I really hope you are right. It will be great if patch will be release this week. I think this version had huge potential but right now for me it's unplayable 😐

I have to agree about the defending 

Overall I am enjoying the game but the defending needs addressing asap. It does make the game a little unplayable if you ask me 

Edited by Womaz

On 28/11/2022 at 22:17, bluestillidie00 said:

yeah sounds like a very good way to lose your PG rating. Back in the older 2d only game you'd see the dots actually moving towards each other like a brawl, but i'm guessing since for legal reasons when they added the 3d engine they removed it, and the commentary line is a leftover 

That last bit doesn't surprise me... very 'on brand' for SI to leave something sitting in the game for 14 years that needs fixing. 

8 hours ago, DarJ said:

technically it affects the AI too so it's not really that unfair but I get your point 

Yes, it affects the AI also, but I don't feel like it does as much. A considerate amount of opposition GK are motm on a regular basis. I'm on 9 games played in the season, none one clean sheet. And the games I win are results like 4-3, 3-1, 3-2. A lot of goals, even when I concentrate on  the defence. It doesn't feel realistic.

7 minutes ago, Beltsu said:

Yes, it affects the AI also, but I don't feel like it does as much. A considerate amount of opposition GK are motm on a regular basis. I'm on 9 games played in the season, none one clean sheet. And the games I win are results like 4-3, 3-1, 3-2. A lot of goals, even when I concentrate on  the defence. It doesn't feel realistic.

It affects both teams equally, if you've gone 9 games without a clean sheet there must be something you can adjust 

8 minutes ago, Beltsu said:

Teams winning games but not keeping clean sheets with a 44 YO keeper who is clearly on the downside of his career isn't realistic?

You may be right about it, but I'm playing serie B against the likes of Cesena and Ternana. Buffon may lack on some regards, but the CD are the ones making the most mistakes. Giving the ball away, freezing, being disarmed. But let's consider my previous Everton save. I gave up after some 15/20 matches played. 2 clean sheets, with a defensive duo mosltly of Coady and Tarkowsky. Pickford on the goal. Regulard DC ratings below 6.5. Against Arsenal (0-3), they both had below 5.9. It's a regular, either I play a mid block or a low block, with a lot of pressure or not. Last year the game felt too easy, but now it's the other way around. 

Yes, I may be to blame for failing to understanding the new systems yet, but this is not normal.

1 minute ago, Jellico73 said:

Teams winning games but not keeping clean sheets with a 44 YO keeper who is clearly on the downside of his career isn't realistic?

Just now, Beltsu said:

You may be right about it, but I'm playing serie B against the likes of Cesena and Ternana. Buffon may lack on some regards, but the CD are the ones making the most mistakes. Giving the ball away, freezing, being disarmed. But let's consider my previous Everton save. I gave up after some 15/20 matches played. 2 clean sheets, with a defensive duo mosltly of Coady and Tarkowsky. Pickford on the goal. Regulard DC ratings below 6.5. Against Arsenal (0-3), they both had below 5.9. It's a regular, either I play a mid block or a low block, with a lot of pressure or not. Last year the game felt too easy, but now it's the other way around. 

Yes, I may be to blame for failing to understanding the new systems yet, but this is not normal.

Right now just wait for the ME update. I also had a save in Serie B and the defensive errors for Italy's standards were laughable.

Could anyone please explain why my club’s board Kettering won’t approve a senior club affiliate I am in my 10th season in game and currently in the Championship. 

I have been requesting for a senior affiliate for both financial and loan player reasons. I have been asking since Vanarama National League North. 

The “ After all that I have done for you “ does not seem to work in this version. 

Won league titles and promotions but means nothing to the board ?

Is this a possible bug ?  

Edited by jlboybeamer

Don’t want to speculate (but continues to speculate) I’ve been following SteamDB for FM23 almost daily since release. This is the first time in a long time there was no ‘nightly’ or any updates this morning. I’m hoping the patch drops today. 

But don’t want to speculate (but still continues to!!)

7 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Don’t want to speculate (but continues to speculate) I’ve been following SteamDB for FM23 almost daily since release. This is the first time in a long time there was no ‘nightly’ or any updates this morning. I’m hoping the patch drops today. 

giphy.gif.b123c51d99d6418071753949f0048540.gif

53 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

same here hopfully be today or tomorrow at the latest 

On 28/11/2022 at 22:41, stevemc said:

It's been said countless times already but I've hammered this game for the last couple of days and the long balls over the top are sapping the fun & life out of enjoyment as you literally cannot defend it - it needs patching, and fast.

Are you using offside trap by any change? i'm saying this because I play with a high line and max pressure but without offside trap. I've found we defended better and balls over the top were significantly less.

Edited by ejleal

8 minutes ago, ejleal said:

Are you using offside trap by any change? i'm saying this because I play with a high line and max pressure but without offside trap. I've found we defended better and balls over the top were significantly less.

Do you mean the "Hold defensive line" instruction?

2 minutes ago, Gooner88 said:

It seems crazy that they’ve released a touch update and not commented on the plans for PC users.

This is either dreadful customer service, or the PC update is following soon. 

I hope we don't have to wait another week for some ME fixes that the touch version already has now.

5 minutes ago, Gooner88 said:

It seems crazy that they’ve released a touch update and not commented on the plans for PC users.

This is either dreadful customer service, or the PC update is following soon. 

It's odd.

I saw someone comment that maybe ''they're just waiting for some other fixes to release it as one big update'' if that is the case (really hope it isn't) it makes zero sense. I think all would prefer several updates rather than waiting for one big one. I don't think people would mind if they saw a 2kb update every day to fix a minor UI issue. If a fix for something is ready, issue it. It doesn't need to be a major package.

Also makes no sense when SI commented they were hoping to release more small fixes this year rather than big ones. If an ME update is ready to go... release it? It allows more testing time and the other tech fixes away from the ME won't bear a relevance to it...

Edited by Domoboy23

1 minute ago, Domoboy23 said:

It's odd.

I saw someone comment that maybe ''they're just waiting for some over fixes to release it as a big update'' if that is the case (really hope it isn't) it makes zero sense. I think all would prefer several updates rather than waiting for one big one.

Also makes no sense when SI commented they were hoping to release more small fixes this year rather than big ones. If an ME update is ready to go... release it? It allows more testing time and the other tech fixes away from the ME won't bear a relevance to it...

Just look at these fixes for touch we need right now on PC

-Adjusted the directness in some teams.
-Reduced the number of unrealistic lofted passes.
-Reduced players losing ball too cheaply when playing with back to goal.
-Reduced the frequency of defenders giving the ball away in and around the box.
-Tweaks to defender anticipation when running towards the ball to attempt an interception.
-Tweaks to defender decision-making for aerial balls.
-Fixed defenders incorrectly stepping up at times when defending in a back 3 with no fullbacks/wingbacks.
-Improved centre defender decision-making when covering for fellow CB outside the area.
-Improved corner defending, particularly defending at the near post.
-Tweaks to defender reaction times in situations where they've switched off and made a mistake.

Since ME fixes are ready (based on major touch update) i think they should release a update even the other fixes have not been completed yet. Maybe SI dont like separate updates but i think it is not the right approach in terms of customer-oriented mentality.

10 minutes ago, andu1 said:

Just look at these fixes for touch we need right now on PC

-Adjusted the directness in some teams.
-Reduced the number of unrealistic lofted passes.
-Reduced players losing ball too cheaply when playing with back to goal.
-Reduced the frequency of defenders giving the ball away in and around the box.
-Tweaks to defender anticipation when running towards the ball to attempt an interception.
-Tweaks to defender decision-making for aerial balls.
-Fixed defenders incorrectly stepping up at times when defending in a back 3 with no fullbacks/wingbacks.
-Improved centre defender decision-making when covering for fellow CB outside the area.
-Improved corner defending, particularly defending at the near post.
-Tweaks to defender reaction times in situations where they've switched off and made a mistake.

Exactly what we are waiting for. It would've been nice for SI to update the PC users, considering it was released on PC first. 

They should've held back on the Touch release if they werent going to update the PC version as well.... I myself, only play the PC version as its 'full-fat', along with alot of other users. These are the users they should really be aiming to please. I personally havent touched the game for the past week because of the defending issues (aerial balls, back 3 issues), and its the same game ive been playing since beta. Been dying to do a full reset and start again with the new engine to bite into.

update: Steamdb, they updated the nightly about an hour ago... my guess its not out today

Edited by greenz81
Steamdb update

Just now, greenz81 said:

Exactly what we are waiting for. It would've been nice for SI to update the PC users, considering it was released on PC first. 

They should've held back on the Touch release if they werent going to update the PC version as well.... I myself, only play the PC version as its 'full-fat', along with alot of other users. These are the users they should really be aiming to please. I personally havent touched the game for the past week because of the defending issues (aerial balls, back 3 issues), and its the same game ive been playing since beta. Been dying to do a full reset and start again with the new engine to bite into.

Yeah.. i can't play the game now seeing what these fixes are...

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

update: Steamdb, they updated the nightly about an hour ago... my guess its not out today

If it is not be today I bet next week 😔

5 minutes ago, akinozcan said:

Since ME fixes are ready (based on major touch update) i think they should release a update even the other fixes have not been completed yet. Maybe SI dont like separate updates but i think it is not the right approach in terms of customer-oriented mentality.

Yeah balls to making sure everything is stable and ready, just dump it out there. Also I'm sure it's as easy as just picking and choosing what goes in via a giant checkbox list, so that should be easy too as software development is easy right?

I'd imagine it's not out because it's not ready, either due to not being given the green light by their internal team, or because of the sign off required on Steam, Epic or Microsoft. 

2 minutes ago, Huey Lewis said:

Yeah balls to making sure everything is stable and ready, just dump it out there. Also I'm sure it's as easy as just picking and choosing what goes in via a giant checkbox list, so that should be easy too as software development is easy right?

I'd imagine it's not out because it's not ready, either due to not being given the green light by their internal team, or because of the sign off required on Steam, Epic or Microsoft. 

Who said anything isn't table and ready?

The touch version and full fat use the same ME.

I've been an advocate for the ME only being updated when it's ready and correct. I'm fully aware that a tiny change to one thing can have a huge knock on effect for everything else. So I've been more than happy to wait for the ME update (also being aware that it can throw up even more issues even if it's deemed ready from internal testing). But to see it out for Touch and not full fat when it's the same ME?

5 minutes ago, Huey Lewis said:

You obviously havent been playing the game in beta stage... We were promised, initally, quite a few bugs would be fixed for release....come release day... nothing!!! No updates!!

I've said before, even if they released a UI update since the release, wouldve been something nice. They updated Gerrards sacking during the beta!! Made the point, we will be releasing small patches for occasions like so.... 

13 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Even a simple "We were able to release an update for Touch immediately, but for XYZ reason we aren't able to release an update for the full game just yet" comment from SI would go a long way

Yes, communication from SI with players is very disappointing.

14 minutes ago, autohoratio said:

Even a simple "We were able to release an update for Touch immediately, but for XYZ reason we aren't able to release an update for the full game just yet" comment from SI would go a long way

Made a post questioning that in the General forums.... lets see if they respond before it gets locked!

In my view, they didn’t release any further updates is because on release, the ME is working very well in fact, I fully support SI taking their time so as not to go 2 steps back with anything cos it’s playing just fine as it is. I for one invite SI to take their time and do their thing. 

Just now, Harrymcintyre said:

In my view, they didn’t release any further updates is because on release, the ME is working very well in fact, I fully support SI taking their time so as not to go 2 steps back with anything cos it’s playing just fine as it is. I for one invite SI to take their time and do their thing. 

I imagine you dont mind long queues at airports and then told your flight is delayed by a few hours. Then told your flight is cancelled completely and you have to come back another day. But they cant tell you which day as they still havent built the plane yet.

3 minutes ago, Harrymcintyre said:

The ME for touch and full fat are the same... they've already deemed the updated ME as acceptable by releasing it on touch. We're not rushing them into a patch, we're questioning the consistency and approach taken in regards to touch and full.

Frankly i for one would have been willing to wait one or even 2 weeks for a proper ME update, but seeing as there is one already available, and it's delayed on PC because of who knows which reason is poor update management. 

Now there is no excuse if we have to wait one more week for some other cosmetic on stability improvements to be added when the ME is the most important thing.

3 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

I imagine you dont mind long queues at airports and then told your flight is delayed by a few hours. Then told your flight is cancelled completely and you have to come back another day. But they cant tell you which day as they still havent built the plane yet.

You’re already on the plane dude.

7 minutes ago, Harrymcintyre said:

In some aspects, yeah. We've seen before how a match engine change from prerelease beta to release can sometimes be a bad thing so I have no qualms with SI taking their time developing and tweaking. Unfortunately the time I spent playing FM23 in the beta didn't feel more enjoyable than just continuing my FM22 save so I have no interest in picking it back up until an update is released to not only the ME but also to fix the numerous UI, transfer, scouting, interaction bugs that have been reported.

4 minutes ago, greenz81 said:

Yes, I would mind that, but what’s that got to do with anything?