Football Manager 2020 Touch Official Feedback Thread

• SI Staff

We're absolutely delighted to announce the full release of Football Manager 2020 Touch, and what better place for you to talk about it than our feedback thread here? All we ask is please keep any feedback constructive. 

FM20 Touch is now available on iOS and Android as well as Steam.

As always, if you find any issues with the game, please do take the time to raise them via the Football Manager 2020 Touch Bugs Forum.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First hour or so playing and my thoughts so far are that the UI is much more responsive than any other version of touch. Really nice to get around the screens. The new development section looks great and I love the new club vision part.

The match engine plays well but the graphics look to me the same as last year. Maybe some tweaks have been made here and there but it’s not very noticeable. FM17 looked more than twice as good as this version on my iPad (Even in 2D). 

Overall, I’m pleased with it so far but it’ll be 2D matches again for me this year. 

The issue with all loan players requiring the 100% wage contribution is still present. At lower league level I feel that the loan system is a pretty vital part of squad building, so this is pretty game-breaking for me.

I've logged this in the bugs section. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed this hasn't been resolved for the full release. I'm not keen on starting a long term save until it is rectified, but I'm now hanging on indefinitely

1 hour ago, chucklehead said:

The issue with all loan players requiring the 100% wage contribution is still present. At lower league level I feel that the loan system is a pretty vital part of squad building, so this is pretty game-breaking for me.

I've logged this in the bugs section. Gotta say I'm pretty disappointed this hasn't been resolved for the full release. I'm not keen on starting a long term save until it is rectified, but I'm now hanging on indefinitely

Yes, I'll be interested to see a resolution on this problem. Won't be buying unless I hear reports this issue is gone. 

• Can't check a player's second nationality, which makes playing leagues with foreign player restrictions a hassle.
  • Can't check a player's traits unless he is on my team, because the only way to do this now is via the "Development" tab. This one is particularly cool, you have to sign a player in order to see his traits.

I don't know who was overseeing the UI changes, but this person clearly wasn't playing the game at all.

2 minutes ago, rafaelbenitez said:

Agreed. Very disappointing that you still can't view nationality information for a player.

Reported this three weeks ago, it's "under review". Does this mean "it'll be back in FMT21"?

5 minutes ago, rooneyviet said:

I plan to buy FMT on Switch.

I know FMT 20 for Switch has not been released or announced yet,

but in FMT I'll get the same ME as the PC version right? and when ME updated/patched I'll also get the same update and same time as PC?

ME will be same however the updates will generally be a couple of days later as SI will launch the update simultaneously on tablets too.

16 minutes ago, Keyzer Soze said:

Hi, 

In club vison the club set objectives in a 5 year plan, but my contract is only for 2 years. Is this normal? Seems more logical that the objective were only defined during the contract length. 

This is by design. Essentially if you meet your first two years' objectives, you will most likely get your contract extended and you'll have to work towards your next objectives.

Edited by rafaelbenitez

The game runs smoothly on my tablet, but I absolutely hate the 3 leagues' restriction. Put the restriction under a checkbox in the preferences so we can choose. I suspect you don't want to ruin the game for less able devices by letting user select more leagues but you can put a big red warning if they go past the recommended limit.

At least increase the limit to 5.

Edited by CleverLime

29 minutes ago, CleverLime said:

The game runs smoothly on my tablet, but I absolutely hate the 3 leagues' restriction. Put the restriction under a checkbox in the preferences so we can choose. I suspect you don't want to ruin the game for less able devices by letting user select more leagues but you can put a big red warning if they go past the recommended limit.

At least increase the limit to 5.

This has been my main request through the years. Please put this under a checkbox, players ruin their experience at their expense, but at least we got a choice.

also how hard will it be to support keyboard and mouse? I know it’s a touchscreen version but cmon, supporting space to continue would be a must have and shouldn’t be that hard to support. 

11 hours ago, Kieran Sutton said:

My tablet (Huawei MediaPad T3 8.0) is on the list of compatible devices with Android 7.0 operating system but when I go to purchase the game it says that my device isn't compatible with the game. Is this an issue with the game or is the device not actually compatible?

Ditto. Huawei M5...

I cant see the sync option on my FMT 2020....what happen? I am using IPAD PRO. i played on my laptop and save via steam cloud and it doesnt sync instantly. I have check on the steam cloud for the saved file is there but it's not sync to my IPAD...Help~

Edited by 林恩 Rinn™

Hi

1. Staff team - can I have only 1 person in each position? I can’t have 5 coach’s and 4 scouters for example? Only 1 each.

2. History of other managers - I don’t have the option to review other managers history? (what teams they manage in the previous years)

3. During a match I cant see the profile of the players in the rival team.

4.  Player attributes are visible always  and I don’t have to send a scouter to discover the attributes - it is ok or I can change it?

5. Looks like the data base of the players is very small. I can’t see a lot of Brazilian players in the player search compare to last year. I can’t load data base of players from other countries?

Thanks

A bit disappointed we didn't get the official "retro" skin this year.

Also, playing on 3D (lowest settings) seems fluent. 2D is laggy. What gives?! i5 6200U and Intel HD 520 (low spec laptop, hence 2D... but I thought 2D would be less demanding than 3D, apparently not!)

Edited by Footix

Hi, 

This is getting a bit annoying. 

I've been asking in twitter, forum, Facebook, and cant get a straight answer... 

1) when the fix for the attributes issues will be released for Android? 

2) is it save game compatible? 

I'm pretty much stuck, not playing the game, because I don't know if the fix will be save game compatible! 

Anyone? @Lucas, @Alex Pitt ?

Thks in advance 

Edited by Keyzer Soze

• Administrators

1) We can't give a timeframe because updates have to go through its process and checks - but it is a priority. 

2) As stated on our Twitter, it's something we are working on, 

Please be patient while we get this sorted.

The reserve club is hidden, or I’m somehow overlooking it. Is it there somewhere? There were no reserve squads for the MLS in FM19 Touch and it looks that hasn’t been fixed. So that league isn’t really playable. 

In English leagues there were reserve squads in FM19 Touch, but in the new version the reserve squad button has disappeared from the left hand tool bar!

If reserve squads have been eliminated from Touch, then the game is pretty much unplayable. So I assume the reserves are there somewhere that I can’t find. Help?

37 minutes ago, 3runhomer said:

The reserve club is hidden, or I’m somehow overlooking it. Is it there somewhere? There were no reserve squads for the MLS in FM19 Touch and it looks that hasn’t been fixed. So that league isn’t really playable. 

In English leagues there were reserve squads in FM19 Touch, but in the new version the reserve squad button has disappeared from the left hand tool bar!

If reserve squads have been eliminated from Touch, then the game is pretty much unplayable. So I assume the reserves are there somewhere that I can’t find. Help?

You can find the reserve squad in the Development Centre.

A real shame that player traits of players from outside of teams we are managing are completely hidden, it's completely unnecessary and a big negative for FMT. They are also too hidden away on our own player profiles.

Really disappointing tbh. 

Can I ask why isn’t there an dark skin as it kinda now means I can’t play that long as my eyes can’t handle white backgrounds! It’s my only negative so far, please bring back an Dark mode as I’m sure a lot of people play the game also in bed at night times on there tablets 

Sadly FM still has a big offside problem in the 20 edition. Way too many offsides are called because strikers are programmed to stand in an offside position for no reason. This is obviously unrealistic behavior. Staying onside is so ingrained in professional footballers that they never just stand around offside. FM has programmed behavior that does not exist in real life. 

Real life Premier League matches average less than 2 offside calls. FM matches never have as few as 2 offsides and sometimes have more than 10. 

And no, this is not a result of my tactics. There is no tactic that includes an instruction to stand offside and wait for a pass. 

Lot of negativity on this. I'll share something a bit more positive.

I have to say I have found fm20 touch has been great for me.

The full game, for whatever reason just doesn't seem to be very compatible (first beta version ran brilliantly). But I cannot fault Touch runs fantastic even on slightly higher settings.

As I play Ireland/Northern Ireland predominantly, only being able to load 3 nations isn't a problem. (Although not sure which other 2 to pick whilst playing as Croatian team)

I like the more simplified start. It feels like playing a more up-to-date version of FM16 (My fav game ever)

The only fault I can see is the loans having to contribute the full 100%. Makes it hard for my little Irish teams loaning u23 etc from England/Scotland etc.

The ME is great, maybe one snag is goalkeepers. Sometimes they don't dive. But overall its perfect for myself. I do miss my touchline shouts, I'm a very vocal manager... But I am happy to trade that away to have the ability to actually play the game, unlike the full version.

Every cloud has a silver lining in terms touch anyway. 

1 hour ago, Declan Cahill said:

Lot of negativity on this. I'll share something a bit more positive.

I have to say I have found fm20 touch has been great for me.

The full game, for whatever reason just doesn't seem to be very compatible (first beta version ran brilliantly). But I cannot fault Touch runs fantastic even on slightly higher settings.

As I play Ireland/Northern Ireland predominantly, only being able to load 3 nations isn't a problem. (Although not sure which other 2 to pick whilst playing as Croatian team)

I like the more simplified start. It feels like playing a more up-to-date version of FM16 (My fav game ever)

The only fault I can see is the loans having to contribute the full 100%. Makes it hard for my little Irish teams loaning u23 etc from England/Scotland etc.

The ME is great, maybe one snag is goalkeepers. Sometimes they don't dive. But overall its perfect for myself. I do miss my touchline shouts, I'm a very vocal manager... But I am happy to trade that away to have the ability to actually play the game, unlike the full version.

Every cloud has a silver lining in terms touch anyway. 

What platform are you?Android, pc or ipad?

3 hours ago, Gerara said:

What platform are you?Android, pc or ipad?

PC. Bought the full game for PC but I haven't found a way to get it running smoothly/enjoyably yet.

Touch on the PC is still a great way to play though.

My laptop isn't far away from being the minimum spec for the full game. Never had issues with previous versions. I've taken everything off laptop except for FM20 and FM Touch.... It Just can't handle it for whatever reason. 

Touch runs very smoothly